Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sarah Palin tells PETA to ‘chill’

Sarah Palin tells PETA to ‘chill’ after animal organization blasts photos of her son standing on family dog 'At least Trig didn't eat the dog,' said the one-time Vice Presidential candidate to PETA. The animal rights organization's president had found photos of Palin's youngest son stepping onto the family's black lab inappropriate.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 10:45 PM
Updated: Sunday, January 4, 2015, 5:04 AM
  •  
conservatives-palin.jpgCLIFF OWEN/APSarah Palin wants PETA to ‘chill’ out regarding photos she took of youngest son Trig standing on the family’s black lab.

Sarah Palin is telling PETA to "chill."

The one-time Vice Presidential candidate took a shot at the animal rights organization on her Facebook Page Saturday after the group issued a scathing statement to Politico Friday reacting to her photos of six-year-old son Trig standing on the family's black lab.

"It's odd that anyone — let alone a mother — would find it appropriate to post such a thing, with no apparent sympathy for the dog in the photo," PETA President Ingrid Newkirk said in the statement.

Palin's response: "At least Trig didn't eat the dog."

The former Alaska governor went on to call PETA out on a number of items she found hypocritical about the organization, including asking if they went "crazy when your heroic Man-of-Your-Lifetime, Barack Obama, revealed he actually enjoyed eating dead dog meat?"

For the record, Obama never said he enjoyed eating the dog meat.

"Aren't you the same herd that opposes our commercial fishing jobs, claiming I encourage slaying and consuming wild, organic healthy protein sources called "Fish"? (I do.)," Palin said.

Palin had intended the photo to show the resourcefulness of her son, who has Down syndrome. She called the dog a "precious part" of her world.

"Our pets, including Trig's best buddy Jill Hadassah, are loved, spoiled and cared for more than some people care for their fellow man whose politics may not mesh with nonsensical liberally failed ways or don't fit your flighty standards," Palin said.

palin4n-4-web.jpgSARAH palin4n-2-web.jpgSARAH 

The photos, posted to Sarah Palin's Facebook Page Thursday, were meant to show her son's resourcefulness. PETA thought otherwise.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am not a fan of Sarah Palin..and it's not because of her politics or her ideals..but rather that she reminds me of someone that I can't stand. However...I feel that people (and especially PETA) are getting themselves all twisted up for nothing.  Look at the picture where he is actually standing on the dog. The dog looks completely relaxed. If he was uncomfortable he would move. Should a child stand on a dog? No...that is not good for their spine but from one picture can we tell if its a daily thing or it just happened to be that the dog was in the spot where Trig needed him to be and he took advantage of it.  She certainly doesn't say that the dog is always his stepping stool.  Sure she should make sure that Trig knows this is not something that he should do....but he's a kid...they do things that we as adults know they should not do

PETA also believes we should not own animals...that they should all be free. Hmmm yeah, I can see my animals trying to live free on their own without me there to feed them. Stupid people that have taken an organization that had good intentions in the beginning into a laughing stock that no one should take seriously anymore.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am not a fan of Sarah Palin..and it's not because of her politics or her ideals..but rather that she reminds me of someone that I can't stand.

Please read your statement again. Do you know how absurd it is to not like someone because she reminds you of someone you can't stand?  :huh:

Don't you think you might be judging someone wrongly?  If you don't like her because of her politics or personal views, fine - but because she reminds you of someone you can't stand :shrug:

:cowboy2:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Squirrel Pot Pie with a Golden Brown Crust, Veggies & Taters & Cat Head Biscuits   Mmm . . Mmm . .  Good ! Pass the possum gravy

They're not real Cat Heads, Snow Globe ! I would never do that to a kitty cat.

Edited by 10 YEARS LATER

Funny how the dog doesn't seem to be in any pain.

Wow these people will shoot at any thing moving when it comes to

Sarah Palin

Also didn't PETA have Only praises of cuteness for the child of Helen Degenerse when that child was posted doing the same thing Trig was doing, standing on the family dog. Hypocrites! The real reason they speak is the Mrs Palin is a avid hunter, fisherman, Conservative Christian person. What's next PETA jihadis blowing up the Christian Church Palins kids attend?

• Upvote 2

Please read your statement again. Do you know how absurd it is to not like someone because she reminds you of someone you can't stand?  :huh:

Don't you think you might be judging someone wrongly?  If you don't like her because of her politics or personal views, fine - but because she reminds you of someone you can't stand :shrug:

:cowboy2:

I know what my statement says.  Sometimes a dislike of someone is not reasonable. You must have met someone sometime that rubbed you the wrong way. Just because she is a politician doesn't mean that I can't just not like her....and because she does remind me of someone that I do know and do not like...well that just makes it more so.  Maybe it's her voice...maybe it's the way she holds her head. I really don't know and I really don't have to justify myself and my reasons for not liking her. I just don't.   I explained that it is not her politics or her views...so I guess it's personal and tried to stay out of the bashing that goes along with not going with the republican flow or the democratic flow.

Edited to add...just because I don't like her personally does not mean that I disagree with her politics and may or may not stand up for her when it comes to her policies and views..that would depend on what it was. 

Also didn't PETA have Only praises of cuteness for the child of Helen Degenerse when that child was posted doing the same thing Trig was doing, standing on the family dog. Hypocrites! The real reason they speak is the Mrs Palin is a avid hunter, fisherman, Conservative Christian person. What's next PETA jihadis blowing up the Christian Church Palins kids attend?

B6YQ1_aIgAEpzSg.jpg

• Upvote 3

Being an animal lover myself, I do feel this was blown out of proportion. However, I don't think it is a good idea to allow your child to stand on top of a dog or any other animal for that matter and for obvious reasons like the child could fall and injury himself or the animal could be injured.

What if the child caused the dog pain and the dog in turn bit the child? Who's fault would it really be? A parent with any sense at all would not allow this situation to be taking place and certainly would not be encouraging it. I am just guessing here but, it seems that this has taken place before and it is not good judgement on his mother's part IMO.

Edited by Djorgie
  • Upvote 1

Peta people just like the EPA and all the so called do gooder groups have so strayed from their original cause. Now they all want to be the mommy's and daddy's of us all.  In the mean time they have caused so much unnecessary trouble and pain for good people who are just trying to earn a living and don't need them to tell them how to live! But as long as as people keep lining their pockets they will go on with all this nonsense and trying to police the world. I for one am pretty sick of all of them. :butt-kicking:

PETA SHUT UP!      (please)

I am not a fan of Sarah Palin either! BUT PETA is a pain in the backside of our society!

It's a child for Christ's sake! He is NOT trying to harm the animal! IF he was too heavy - rest assured the animal would have let him know!

Why good honest folks give money to this organization is a mystery to me!

Honestly - there are American citizens starving everyday, American children without homes, and abuse is out of control & what do they do with their money? Give to the endangered Snow Owl, the white tiger or the endangered fish!

Give me a break! :(

• Upvote 2