Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Delete Three Zeros = Redenomination

boomer113189

There's a big nasty red candle on the bitcoin daily chart. They're throwing a nice little scare on the lemmings that bought at the highs. I might take a chance on a few if they can get it down to 400ish.

No way in hell would I sit on them for anything more than a trade.

It's currently testing the 50day SMA at 680.

• Upvote 1

here's an old article  from 2012

Parliament and Fiance committee support revalue of Iraqi Dinar

The Iraqi Parliament and the Finance Committee support the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI)’s efforts to revalue of the Iraqi Dinar through the removal of three zeros from the currency.

The CBI has announced that it has finalized plans to remove three zeros from the Iraqi currency in order to revalue it. The smallest unit of the current Iraqi current is 250 Iraqi Dinars which is equivalent to $0.20

The removal of three zeros is expected to raise the value of the Dinar as well as facilitate dealing with the currency and the payroll system in the country.

The Iraqi government and the securities committee have sounded fear that the process will negatively affect the Iraqi stock exchange market.

A member of the Finance Committee Najeeba Najeeb told AKnews that “there is a trend in the attitude of the legislative authority to support the CBI to restructure the Iraqi currency and remove three zeros by early next year”

“This subject is starting to become more significant for the Finance Committee members and the Economic Committee day after day” she said, “though the preparations by the CBI to implement the process are ongoing, they are not complete yet”

According to Najeeba, the process of removing the zeros from the Iraqi Dinar will be implemented over a period of two years through governmental banks. Also, the new currency will include small bills and coins as well as large bills equaling about $180 each.

Edited by boomer113189

Well, here goes... my first post in the tank. I come in and read a lot, but was leery about just jumping in for fear of being eaten by the sharks lol.

I have to say though that I really appreciate everyone's point of view here and I have to admit that I also like the verbal battles that take place here.

Anyway, wanted to throw something out and see what I get back on it. Also, I am fairly neutral concerning possible RV scenarios, but I'm definitely not leaning toward the lop theory. So, on to my question... What would your opinions be on the difference in a "deletion" of zeros vs. a "lifting" of zeros? and why?

Well, here goes... my first post in the tank. I come in and read a lot, but was leery about just jumping in for fear of being eaten by the sharks lol.

I have to say though that I really appreciate everyone's point of view here and I have to admit that I also like the verbal battles that take place here.

Anyway, wanted to throw something out and see what I get back on it. Also, I am fairly neutral concerning possible RV scenarios, but I'm definitely not leaning toward the lop theory. So, on to my question... What would your opinions be on the difference in a "deletion" of zeros vs. a "lifting" of zeros? and why?

Same thing. In my study of RD's/lops, I've also seen it referred to as cutting zeros, raising zeros, slashing zeros, striking zeros..... There are a few more I can't remember at this time.

Here's the striking zeros example....

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2013/01/25/govt-officially-starts-currency-redenomination-campaign.html

Thanks

Funny thread

• Upvote 1

Just read this in on "pain street" (the forums outside the lopster tank)

" Read down to line 8. This is from The CBI via The Iraqi Journal. They have reached the 4 billion dinar in circulation goal, down from 9 billion, which was down from the original 30 billion notes in circulation. Their final goal is 1 billion dinar NOTES in circulation. Boom in your face nay sayers. What did they do with the value the IQD held when it had 30 billion IQD notes in circulation? Plus a greater amount of USD competing with the IQD in country. Been stuck at 1160 per 1 USD forever. The remaining IQD notes in circulation should be what, 26 times more valuable than they are right now? I don't know. I am tired and don't want to do the math. They would be carrying a higher value of some amount if the GOI and the CBI were not manipulating their IQD ... to rebuild their infrastructure on the cheap. The flood of steps in the right direction, Iraqi politics, the recently announced plan to implement tariffs on a number of certain goods, are all building up pressure behind the damn. How much more pressure can it hold before it bursts out on its own to the GOI's detriment? After all they have done, I would hope they would want to control its release to their benefit, verses dealing with its aftermath. This investment/speculation has to increase (RV/RI) in value soon I would pray. Enjoy.

Debate over dropping zeros will take place after 2014 government takes office

Posted by Iraq News Journal on Dec 16, 2013 | Leave a Comment

Migrate project to delete the zeros to the next government

Parliamentary Finance Committee confirmed the deportation of the project to delete the zeros from the national currency to Iraqi custody next year, any new government after the elections, and said that the implementation date will remain postponed until now.The MP said Abdul-Hussein al-Yasiri for «future» yesterday that the process of deletion of zeros from the national currency is supposed to begin next year, with the agreement of the central bank.

He noted that determine when to hold elections next year and the end of the age of the current state government will pay for the project automatically migrate to a new cabinet to consider its implementation and set a date to work with it. He Yasiri that this project will lead to reduce the rate of the national currency in circulation of 4 billion dinars to one billion.

The Iraqi Central Bank announced earlier that this year will see the implementation of the project to delete the three zeroes from the national currency amid expectations of parliamentary committees to decide on the project next year, 2014, but the central bank recently returned to back down from his decision and says that the current situation is not suitable for the deletion of zeros from currency Iraq, noting that he will announce early to the public when it decided to delete it."

No need to comment.

Edited by fib1618
  • Upvote 1

Anyway, wanted to throw something out and see what I get back on it. Also, I am fairly neutral concerning possible RV scenarios, but I'm definitely not leaning toward the lop theory. So, on to my question... What would your opinions be on the difference in a "deletion" of zeros vs. a "lifting" of zeros? and why?

deletion of zeroes is one thing only. its impossible for it to mean anything else. impossible. lifting of zeroes, is deleting zeroes. lifting zeroes sold as a rv, is a scam. its impossible and somehow people want to believe it. to believe that, you have through out economics and every fundamental of the currency world.

currencies are not stocks. currencies are created for a STABLE means of exchange. huge movements up or down DESTROY currencies.

deletion of zeroes is one thing only. its impossible for it to mean anything else. impossible. lifting of zeroes, is deleting zeroes. lifting zeroes sold as a rv, is a scam. its impossible and somehow people want to believe it. to believe that, you have through out economics and every fundamental of the currency world.

currencies are not stocks. currencies are created for a STABLE means of exchange. huge movements up or down DESTROY currencies.

Great post.

+1

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the responses.

I asked because my idea of the whole "deletion" of zeros was somewhere in the arena that they just print new lower denoms... and rumor is that they have already done that, but who knows? Whether they have or not still means a massive cost it would seem. Then they would have to pull the old notes from the streets over a period of time until they were fully replaced by the new lower denomination notes. That all seemed pretty logical to me, but with SO many different ideas and theories on how they may accomplish this it gets a little confusing at times. I do my research but, I am not afraid to admit that I am by no means a mathematician. As a matter of fact I really SUCK at math. I am an artist and my brain works on a bit of a different level lol. There are people who naturally think mathematically and there are those of us who don't.

Anyway, what sparked my original question was that someone (won't mention any names) claims that "lifting" of zeros and "deleting" zeros are two completely different things. They are saying that basically the lifting is what matters to us first and foremost because that would mean the release of the lower denoms which would somehow result in a different rate of up to 90 cents. They say that this is NOT the actual RV and that the RV will not happen until the government is fully formed  which will come some time after this "lifting". The "deleting" will supposedly happen at that point which would mean they would pretty much take all of the large notes and lock them in a vault. Then the RV would be fully implemented and bring the value up to around $1.13 or so.

I'm just putting out the scenario that I listened to. I am willing to listen to anyone's opinions/ideas because that is how I learn. Not sure why this particular idea struck me as another possibility... maybe because this isn't the usual "it's going to RV today" bs but, that is why I brought it here to get other opinions. I didn't mention these facts in the original question because I wanted as little bias as possible on the subject, however, now that I have told the whole story it may open up for more opinions, explanations or complete debunking of this theory. I would really like to know what you all think about it.

How did all those zeros get on the Iraqi currency in the first place?  Why wouldn't they just have made a large number of the same old bills like we do?

It makes sense to take them off would be the opposite of putting them on--- if adding zeros was caused by decreased value then taking them off could be due to increased value?

LOP will not increase the value it will be a neutral event.  Get rid of 4 billion bills and reduce them down to 1 billion bills, that net the same value. 

That won't increase buying power, or help the people of Iraq get a better life style. 

Seems like someway, somehow, Iraq is going to get their currency back to where it has more value, not just be a neutral event.   

Edited by SherryB

How did all those zeros get on the Iraqi currency in the first place? Why wouldn't they just have made a large number of the same old bills like we do?

It makes sense to take them off would be the opposite of putting them on--- if adding zeros was caused by decreased value then taking them off could be due to increased value?

LOP will not increase the value it will be a neutral event. Get rid of 4 billion bills and reduce them down to 1 billion bills, that net the same value.

That won't increase buying power, or help the people of Iraq get a better life style.

Seems like someway, somehow, Iraq is going to get their currency back to where it has more value, not just be a neutral event.

It does increase the value though. The end result would be a dinar on par with the dollar. Then iraqis would be more willing to use their own currency.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

How did all those zeros get on the Iraqi currency in the first place?  Why wouldn't they just have made a large number of the same old bills like we do?

LOP will not increase the value it will be a neutral event.  Get rid of 4 billion bills and reduce them down to 1 billion bills, that net the same value. 

U r right. LOP will not increase the purchasing power of the citizens, it is only an illusion that the money has more value. And this is contrary to what they have been saying that delete 3 zeros will increase the purchasing power of their people.

Add 3 zeros, means adding new currencies with 3 zeros into circulation, but somehow, delete 3 zeros does not means removing 3 zeros from circulation.   :)  :lol:

Edited by zul
  • Upvote 1

There's two people who think deleting zeros means rv

But there's twice as many who are concerned that someone believes that and made it there mission In life to argue that point every day of there life

I don't care what you want to believe

You can believe okie for all I care

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, I can see that, but I would just have a lot less dinars once I swapped my big notes for smaller ones. They say less is more, but I'm am having a hard time grasping that?, LOL

Your right.....you would end up with a smaller amount of dinars but each one would be worth more which is the whole objective of the CBIs plan. The value in USD of the dinar you hold wouldnt change which is the neutral part of it. You dont lose and you dont win.....just a wash for speculators but the Iraqis end up with a stronger exchanhe rate then it currently is

• Downvote 1

There's two people who think deleting zeros means rv

But there's twice as many who are concerned that someone believes that and made it there mission In life to argue that point every day of there life

I don't care what you want to believe

You can believe okie for all I care

Only two eh???

Take your blinders off big boy.

• Upvote 2