Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Stay focused on the Tariff Bill, WTO, not C7. IMO.

Luigi1

The Tariff Bill is the most crucial Parliamentary legislation we should be focused on.

This will force the IQD become a int'l traded currency of real value.

Iraq cannot join the WTO without a int'l currency of true value.

Look for Iraq's membership acceptance into the WTO, then & only then will we will reap our rewards.

I could be wrong. Treat this  as a rumor. Tell me where I'm going wrong. Your opine, please.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

The Tariff Bill is the most crucial Parliamentary legislation we should be focused on.

Look for Iraq's membership acceptance into the WTO, then & only then will we will reap our rewards.

I could be wrong. Treat this  as a rumor. Tell me where I'm going wrong. Your opine, please.

Adam has said they could all align at the same time, at least the crucial parts, but we won't know beforehand as it would tip their hand...but certainly watching the tariffs is important.

• Upvote 1

I look at ch7 as 1 number to a combination lock. The fact that ch7 is almost done means one click closer to opening the safe. IMO

Good point.

C7 frees Iraq from under the thumb of the UN. Iraq becomes sovereign nation again in the world community.

We are one step closer to the elusive RV.

I believe Iraq as a WTO member will carry the most weight. Iraq will become a global trading partner with it's own currency at a exchange rate suitable to do int'l business on a global scale.

Iraq must wean itself off of the USD by making the IQD of value equal to or greater than the USD.

No nation has ever become a WTO member without it's own currency.

• Upvote 2

Good point.

C7 frees Iraq from under the thumb of the UN. Iraq becomes sovereign nation again in the world community.

I believe Iraq as a WTO member will carry the most weight. Iraq will become a global trading partner with it's own currency at a exchange rate suitable to do int'l business on a global scale.

Iraq must wean itself off of the USD by making the IQD of value equal to or greater than the USD.

They will Wean..Expect Iraq to make's a Law that prohibits the use of the US Dollar...IMO

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 2

I think I remember in one of Adam's past chats he mentioned rv would probably be soon after C7 like within a few days. I am on my cell so I really can't look up his previous chats. If someone with their mouse can click through I'm sure it can be found.

• Upvote 1

Good point.

Luigi - I want to first thank you for spelling correctly - it's a relief. (only one - "its" is the possessive)

The IQD will be equal or greater than the USD> Only a question of how it gets there. I am always flabbergasted at the ambiguity of this currency buy - on the one hand, everything points to some kind of increase in value. And so many factors point to an RV of some kind - oil wealth, waiting so long, minerals, their neighbors, hi-tech currency, sales overseas overseen by our UST, their reserves, in-country decreases in dinar circulation (supposed), all the articles about gaining stability and overseas banking, electronic banking, etc...... 

Yet trillions of dinar in circulation, IF TRUE, means they must LOP or RD the currency, at least under accepted economic rules of the past. Then there are the questions of dinar amounts in country, vs out of country, fiat currencies, reserve backing, etc.

AND THEN YOU GET VERY COMPLICATED!

Somehow I can't see a straight rate coming out over a dime or a dollar. Just that wouldbe great.

I think I remember in one of Adam's past chats he mentioned rv would probably be soon after C7 like within a few days. I am on my cell so I really can't look up his previous chats. If someone with their mouse can click through I'm sure it can be found.

He said at least that, or rather it will happen at the same time. Release, then release.

I personally believe we will all come out on top when this thing comes to an end. I really don't think we need to worry about an lop.

Luigi - I want to first thank you for spelling correctly - it's a relief. (only one - "its" is the possessive)

The IQD will be equal or greater than the USD> Only a question of how it gets there. I am always flabbergasted at the ambiguity of this currency buy - on the one hand, everything points to some kind of increase in value. And so many factors point to an RV of some kind - oil wealth, waiting so long, minerals, their neighbors, hi-tech currency, sales overseas overseen by our UST, their reserves, in-country decreases in dinar circulation (supposed), all the articles about gaining stability and overseas banking, electronic banking, etc...... 

Yet trillions of dinar in circulation, IF TRUE, means they must LOP or RD the currency, at least under accepted economic rules of the past. Then there are the questions of dinar amounts in country, vs out of country, fiat currencies, reserve backing, etc.

AND THEN YOU GET VERY COMPLICATED!

Somehow I can't see a straight rate coming out over a dime or a dollar. Just that wouldbe great.

He said at least that, or rather it will happen at the same time. Release, then release.

The rate change has to happen before membership in the WTO is granted  so by the time you see what you are looking for it will be history.

So I think your looking for something "after the fact" and this being the case the RV will happen any time after Chapter 7 is removed.

So that is where you are wrong.

:twocents:

Edited by coolbeans
  • Upvote 2

I look at ch7 as 1 number to a combination lock. The fact that ch7 is almost done means one click closer to opening the safe. IMO

Agreed, E!  Excellent analogy!

The removal of ch7 allows Iraq sovereignty over their financial world (i.e. currency), among things.  Without this sovereignty, WTO and IMF (Article 4) cannot take place.

It would appear with the pending announcement from the UN with regards to ch7 on June 27th, the Tariff laws, HCL, Erbil, etc. are being addressed in the current session of Parliament.  As was mentioned, this could all coincide to provide what many have been eagerly awaiting for many years (since '04 in my case). :twocents:

• Upvote 1

Agreed, E!  Excellent analogy!

The removal of ch7 allows Iraq sovereignty over their financial world (i.e. currency), among things.  Without this sovereignty, WTO and IMF (Article 4) cannot take place.

It would appear with the pending announcement from the UN with regards to ch7 on June 27th, the Tariff laws, HCL, Erbil, etc. are being addressed in the current session of Parliament.  As was mentioned, this could all coincide to provide what many have been eagerly awaiting for many years (since '04 in my case). :twocents:

From what i have read Iraq is currently in Article 4 which is a pre cursor to enter Article 8 with the IMF its to my belief Chapter 7  is very important, the key to their shackles so to speak, once they have been released they can start trading with a NEW international currency NOT at a programmed rate.  June 27th will be an historical landmark from once ruled by a ruthless dictator that isolated them from the world a NEW Iraq emerges and enters with the rest of the world.  Iraq will CHANGE so much over the course of years.  New restaurants, shopping malls, fast food chains, theme parks, dealerships, star bucks etc.. Its time Iraq... It's time to catch up with the rest of the world.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2

I agree. There are many many steps here. Please remember they are having to rebuild an entire country...from the infrastructure to the banking to the government.  Many many steps are completed, but we have a few more to go. We have always joked about Shabbs pushing a button...if only it is/was tht easy. We will never know where they are in this process, nor what the next step is...not any different than any other government/country. Who knows what they are doing at any given moment.

BUT what we do know, is what has to be in place for the Iraqi Dinar to be worth something...like a tradeable currency, like a seated governemnt, like being a member of the WTO, completed HCL (maybe), and like having resources.

These are the things we watch for and when we see movement in any of these areas, we tend to get excited....and we should every step gets us closer to Iraq RVing their current currancy to (hopefully) be worth the same or more than our US Dollar.

Just my opinion.

Edited by SnowGlobe7
  • Upvote 1

Look for Iraq's membership acceptance into the WTO,

Vietnam and Zimbabwe are both members of the WTO and have a currency that is worth less than Iraq.

http://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/whatis_e/tif_e/org6_e.htm

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Vietnam and Zimbabwe are both members of the WTO and have a currency that is worth less than Iraq.

http://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/whatis_e/tif_e/org6_e.htm

Very true but Vietnam & Zimbabwe are not under UN Sanctions, Iraq still is. We are comparing apples & oranges here.

Look at the Strategic Framework to Rebuild Iraq. Currency reform is in there.

Edited by Luigi1
  • Upvote 1

The WTO rules governing accession is dealt under Article XII of the Marrakesh Agreement Establishing the World Trade Organisation. As per this Article, “Any State or separate customs territory possessing full autonomy in the conduct of its external commercial relations or for the other matters provided for in this Agreement and the Multilateral Trade Agreement may accede to this Agreement, on terms to be agreed between it and the WTO”.

i think they will have full autonomy  of its external commercial   relations      when ch7 is released .. and they can move freely  through out the world with out haveing  their assets froze   for those who dont know while under ch7 .. any money in international banks may be frozen by  any country iraq owes money to.. this is why 13033 was  extended every year to protect iraqi assets ..   once ch 7 is lifted .. iraq will have full  global autonomy   .. i dont think as soon as ch7 is lifted all things automatically go into effect ..govts work slow ..they may have some ducks in a row  in waiting .. but dont think  as soon as something happens it means  rv ..

ch7 means iraq is off probation basically ..they can go into a bar and have a drink without going to jail again ..once iraq is out of chapter 7 .. they can do as they please .. they would need to have a serious violation .. like invade kuwait  before they are under ch7  again ..

besides iraq and afgansitan .. how many countries are under ch7 ........? ...i dont know of any ...

Clearly a nation can have undervalued currency and belong to the WTO.  I advise people to please don't anticipate an RV when Iraq emerges from under Chapter 7.  Consider it one of a few steps left towards a rise in its value.  Whatever that may be.  As far as the WTO one of the things they have to do is activate the tariffs.  It has been passed for two years at least, and still they have dragged their feet.  So far no articles have come out to state they have postponed it, holding my breath.  

Maybe we should also consider that we need to watch CPA 87 (It's been repealed by the parliament, but just wondering if the control has been returned to the individual provinces instead of the feds), the law of indebtedness and a few other banking laws too. Not just tariff laws.

Edited by TBomb