Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

1000.25 for 1 usd?

supergirl

So I have a Facebook friend from Iraq.  We were on Skype today and he informed me that the rate is

1000.25 dinar for 1 usd and not the higher rates we see reported in the news here.

What do you guys think about this? 

Thank You Supergirl :)

I dunno what to think... I'm just wondering... was he talking about the exchange rate on the street from the "money changers"?

• Upvote 1

Close lol there actually saying 1024.00 not 1000.25 ,but I can see how that mistake was made. Plenty of articles in the forum lately talking about 1024- 1025.00 rate that seem to confuse  a lot of  people with  the CBI still saying the rate was 1166.00 , but what they don't understand is that's just the banks fixed rate they try to keep . The rate itself changes daily from what I've seen 1022.00 to 1154.52 in the last 2 months

• Upvote 3

Thank You Supergirl :)

I dunno what to think... I'm just wondering... was he talking about the exchange rate on the street from the "money changers"?

at Maggie I really don't know I should have asked him and the next time we chat I will.

Close lol there actually saying 1024.00 not 1000.25 ,but I can see how that mistake was made. Plenty of articles in the forum lately talking about 1024- 1025.00 rate that seem to confuse  a lot of  people with  the CBI still saying the rate was 1166.00 , but what they don't understand is that's just the banks fixed rate they try to keep . The rate itself changes daily from what I've seen 1022.00 to 1154.52 in the last 2 months

thanks for your response, but he said 1000.25 when I get home later tonight I will post a screen shot of the chat. I was just thinking maybe the reports we are getting over here are a little off....sooo that's why I posted to see what you guys thought. @uncircld I don't do rumors only truth and would never tell you guys something that never happened.
  • Upvote 10

So I have a Facebook friend from Iraq.  We were on Skype today and he informed me that the rate is

1000.25 dinar for 1 usd and not the higher rates we see reported in the news here.

What do you guys think about this? 

Good news!!!  Is this the street rate or do we have a pip countdown.

At 1000.25 it seems that it could be one of two things.

1st A float beginning at that rate.

2nd Delete the three zeros, equal $1.25 hope hope

And with VIZO's number either a float or the same thing as going from 1170 to 1166.

Just a thought.  :shrug: 

• Upvote 2

No disrespect meant to you or your friend....But your friend must be mighty powerful to know this information. No......even then he probably wouldn't  talk about it  <_<

The way it appear that it was presented to her was that it was more of a common thing over in that region. Therefor, I doubt it would require high-level access.. This information may simply be what people are spending to acquire dollars from banks.

Weird how their market rate is better than the official rate and while the CBI posts market rates of higher than the official rate.

Makes you wonder if sometimes we are simply misled.

• Upvote 1

no rate will stand as long as the cbi official exchange rate is at 1166 .. thats the rate the cbi guarentees ....theres no way they will want to sell a dollar  for 1000 when the cbi pays 1166 ..those rates could fluctuate .. but it will always return back towards the official  guarenteed exchange rate  of the cbi ..

the english version of the cbi isnt updated like the arabic one is.. we dont see any of those cbi announcement that only are put out on the arabic version

im not sure what to make of this

• Upvote 1

Baghdad / Baghdadi news / .. Iraqi Central Bank announced on Thursday, for receiving a formal letter from the Association of Banks commitment includes three banks as a first stage to sell the dollar to the public at a lower price than advertised.

The bank said in a statement received / Baghdadi News / copy of it, that "the governor Abdul Basit Turki received a formal letter from the Association of Banks includes a commitment solemnly announced previously on the initiative of three banks as a first stage to sell the dollar to the public at a lower price than advertised to reach / 1183 / JD to the dollar

instead of / 1189 / dinars to the dollar (cash), "stressing that" the sale price of documentary credits will be / 1178 / dinars to the dollar instead of / 1184 / dinars to the dollar. "

He added that "the central bank for the initiative and said it represents a natural behavior that show him most of our banks to stand with the trends of monetary policy is good that we walk upon," expressing "concern the Bank and the banks to support the Iraqi economy and raising the efficiency of financial instruments and cash used." End / 21   LINK

• Upvote 1

The way it appear that it was presented to her was that it was more of a common thing over in that region. Therefor, I doubt it would require high-level access.. This information may simply be what people are spending to acquire dollars from banks.

Weird how their market rate is better than the official rate and while the CBI posts market rates of higher than the official rate.

Makes you wonder if sometimes we are simply misled.

Thanks Darin...looks like I misunderstood.  Tough crowd....Sure paid the price on negs, didn't I ! :lol:

• Upvote 5