Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

No RV until 2014: GOI-security-foreign investors blamed.

Luigi1

from another source...

23-5-13-Gurus Mike, LJ, Dianne, Debbie...

GOI, elections, corruption, terror & security issues are creating a climate in Iraq not to RV at this time. Foreign investors are backing off after waves of stepped up terror incidences. Finance Committee  recommends holding off until early 2014. Iraq is not ready for the RV. Iraq could regress backwards & possibly into a full blown civil war. Maliki reneges on his promises once again. CBI will not RV as long as Maliki is in power.

What are your views? Will it RV this week? Smoke & mirrors or just rumors!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Was Mike watching a basketball game while LJ pontificated? 

The Finance Committee, those that know what they are speaking about anyway, are positive about moving forward.

Not my words but from a conference call IQD Connection.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

In my opinion, the news coming out about the Internationally tradeability quest for the Dinar is a Hooka dream, if Chapter VII requirements aren't met and chapter VII is not lifted "nothing can change". Having a fully seated government "in my opinion is the missing link", After Chapter VII is lifted the possibilities are endless and would make sense "until then any article's stating a timeline are nothing more than HOT AIR" :confused:

• Upvote 4

Were basically sitting where we were 3 years ago. very small progress. more political division....which stalls or eliminates previous agreements. iraq is crumbling. could it rv sure. but there is no surprise to why there hasnt been a rv. and all those parwmeters still exist only now at a more critical point.

• Upvote 2

In my opinion, the news coming out about the Internationally tradeability quest for the Dinar is a Hooka dream, if Chapter VII requirements aren't met and chapter VII is not lifted "nothing can change". Having a fully seated government "in my opinion is the missing link", After Chapter VII is lifted the possibilities are endless and would make sense "until then any article's stating a timeline are nothing more than HOT AIR" :confused:

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE, WELL STATED!........plus until they (Iraqi's) generally get their pooky together as to all aspects NOTHING WILL HAPPEN..........

• Upvote 2

from another source...

23-5-13-Gurus Mike, LJ, Dianne, Debbie...

GOI, elections, corruption, terror & security issues are creating a climate in Iraq not to RV at this time. Foreign investors are backing off after waves of stepped up terror incidences. Finance Committee  recommends holding off until early 2014. Iraq is not ready for the RV. Iraq could regress backwards & possibly into a full blown civil war. Maliki reneges on his promises once again. CBI will not RV as long as Maliki is in power.

What are your views? Will it RV this week? Smoke & mirrors or just rumors!

Now, IF we could just get that very same sort of (confirmed) statement out of the GOI directly...

Then we might be looking at an RV within days.

If it goes to 2014,there will be no need for an RV because there will be no country left.

No getting away from the truth of that statement . . . 'course they could the right thing by the folks and RV . . . they've not shown a willingness to do much so far . . . we wait . . .

Every year around this time someone says "RV will likely not happen until early next year".

I feel like a tired old dog chasing it's tail.  So tired.

Actually, they are a bit early this year. We don't usually get the "next year" predictions until the end of June. :lol:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Every year around this time someone says "RV will likely not happen until early next year".

I feel like a tired old dog chasing it's tail.  So tired.

Understandably so... I do symphatize. 9 years here  and waiting.

Edited by umbertino

Were basically sitting where we were 3 years ago. very small progress. more political division....which stalls or eliminates previous agreements. iraq is crumbling. could it rv sure. but there is no surprise to why there hasnt been a rv. and all those parwmeters still exist only now at a more critical point.

I am going to disagree with you on this one sandstorm, they are much further today than two years ago.  As a matter of fact I see them moving mountains toward  opening the gates to Iraq in recent days!

• Upvote 2

You may be right. If Iraq breaks up into three smaller republics, the RV will be smaller, nothing or even a LOP.

A LOP could occur even if the Country doesn't break up. There's no guarantee of anything.

This is  just a perfect walk in the ( total) dark. But we love the risk....

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

A LOP could occur even if the Country doesn't break up. There's no guarantee of anything.

This is  just a perfect walk in the ( total) dark. But we love the risk....

Agree about the risk. Hope we walk away with something or even .10 cents will do.

• Upvote 3

Unghhh... Have to put more in to get more back... Sounds like my dayze when associated with venture capital in Silicon Valley (werk yer butt off with the hope / hype / dream of getting LOTS back). In my case tho, some back, mostly with which to build further on. Ok by me if this happens in this case too.