Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayer for a friends strength

divemaster5734

I am only going say this is an email from a very good friend.

His wife passed, and I would ask any so inclined to pray for his strength.

I'm posting the content solely to relate to you the depth of his loss, he is one of the most self-sufficient individuals I have ever known.

Hey xx, xx passed on last Friday the 15th. Her care had become full time and fairly intense but she was sharp and coherent up til the 12th. Hospice had been helping me out for about 6 weeks. She was a fighter! And a lover! This lonely void is intense! I don't think there was a 24 hour period in 35 years that we were not in touch. My brain kept telling me she's overdue to text me or something. That kinda stopped today but was replaced with overwhelming sadness, depression, and weak in the bones apathy. I had been Doin ok, then left hook today caught me off guard. I took my boys to the Schweitzer cabin to catch the spring skiing. It's been Gorgeous. But, about time to go back to... Huh, we'll ****, I don't really know what. Nothing will ever be the same. Some may consider that a blessing but I had something really special with that amazing woman that I seldom took for granted. I cherished her and loved my life with her. Her insight, wit, intelligence, warmth and nurturing made every moment good! My only consolation is that her intense desire for freedom is fulfilled. If this is Gods reward for her intense struggle for true liberty and freedom, I can say no one deserves it more. She is home, she is free. She did know the truth, perhaps that is what set her free. This truth is the societal indictment that we both suspected to be true.. Governments have so destroyed freedom, the only option left is outside of these physical bounds. futile perhaps but quite apparent to anyone who despises the status quo slavery we are not meant to question. Patrick Henry so got it!! Hoping you and your boys are thriving. Best! xx"

Hopefully if my friend ever discovers this post, he will understand the intent with which it was posted and accept I brought it to a group of sincere individuals that had the capacity to fully understand the magnitude of his agony, and the ability to petition the one person who can actually help.

Thanks in advance..

• Upvote 10

I can not even imagine the pain and emptiness one must endure when God calls home our our spouse before us. My wife is my best friend and the one true constant in my life that I know will always be there for me.

My thoughts and prayers are with your friend.

I know we don't see eye to eye on certain topics Dive. However, this loving gesture to your friend let's me know that you are a good person with a deep heart. Political views can come and go, causes can come and go, however true friendship is forever.

It's because he has people like you in his life that makes me believe your friend will be OK.

Forget democrat and republican.

Forget liberal and conservative.

Forget left and right.

Times like this reminds us that we are all human and we all need each other.

• Upvote 6

DM5734, praying for your friend and that you too will be a tower of strength in his time of need.

The overwhelming grief from loss of a dearly loved one is intense and without measure. All too often the little things of/in day to day life will cause recall of that special person and make the loss more poignant. Sadly without immense faith and a grateful heart for all the good times and memories, time will only dull the ache.

I pray that the ultimate comforter will make His presence abundantly clear at this time.

Edited by FlyHi
  • Upvote 2

LIBoy, you are so right.  This good man has lost someone who will be forever missed, until he finds her again in the land beyond the skies.  I lost my husband, and I have never grieved such a horrible loss before, although my life has held many.  There is just no way to stop that grieving. I once heard it said that we can't climb over our grief for the loss of a loved one, we can't dig under it, or go around it. The only way past it was to just keep going through it, and that takes a long time. I will include your friend in my prayers tonight. And I will pray that he has the strength to keep going, that God will take him by the hand and will, eventually, help him feel at peace with his grief. 

• Upvote 2

You and them have my thoughts and prayers and May God bless them in this time of need

I am only going say this is an email from a very good friend.

His wife passed, and I would ask any so inclined to pray for his strength.

I'm posting the content solely to relate to you the depth of his loss, he is one of the most self-sufficient individuals I have ever known.

Hey xx, xx passed on last Friday the 15th. Her care had become full time and fairly intense but she was sharp and coherent up til the 12th. Hospice had been helping me out for about 6 weeks. She was a fighter! And a lover! This lonely void is intense! I don't think there was a 24 hour period in 35 years that we were not in touch. My brain kept telling me she's overdue to text me or something. That kinda stopped today but was replaced with overwhelming sadness, depression, and weak in the bones apathy. I had been Doin ok, then left hook today caught me off guard. I took my boys to the Schweitzer cabin to catch the spring skiing. It's been Gorgeous. But, about time to go back to... Huh, we'll ****, I don't really know what. Nothing will ever be the same. Some may consider that a blessing but I had something really special with that amazing woman that I seldom took for granted. I cherished her and loved my life with her. Her insight, wit, intelligence, warmth and nurturing made every moment good! My only consolation is that her intense desire for freedom is fulfilled. If this is Gods reward for her intense struggle for true liberty and freedom, I can say no one deserves it more. She is home, she is free. She did know the truth, perhaps that is what set her free. This truth is the societal indictment that we both suspected to be true.. Governments have so destroyed freedom, the only option left is outside of these physical bounds. futile perhaps but quite apparent to anyone who despises the status quo slavery we are not meant to question. Patrick Henry so got it!! Hoping you and your boys are thriving. Best! xx"

Hopefully if my friend ever discovers this post, he will understand the intent with which it was posted and accept I brought it to a group of sincere individuals that had the capacity to fully understand the magnitude of his agony, and the ability to petition the one person who can actually help.

Thanks in advance..

Prayers to give your friend the much needed strenght to carry on without his sidekick. He sounds like a very strong person therefore it is my belief he will prevail in time.  May God go with him to persevere.

Edited by Saint

I will add my prayers to the rest that are being offered for your friend, Dive. Grief is truly a struggle that we need divine intervention to accept. (I was going to say overcome, but for me, that is elusive...) It becomes a part of who we are. The trick is to not let it define you... prayers for all of us who have cause to grieve and mourn.

KK

PS To me, grieving and mourning are two separate things...

I am sorry I missed this as well.  My father passed on the 2nd of this month, and I find myself realizing that I can no longer call him.  My hope is that I will see him when Jesus returns, or when I follow him.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-14

13 And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope. 14 For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died.

I pray our Father wraps his loving arms around her husband and eases his grief.  Father, let us rejoice in our sister arriving in your arms, that she has a NEW Body, and she is no longer suffering from the sickness of this earth! We praise you, in your Son's Jesus' Name we pray! Amen!

-
  • Upvote 3

Praying for your friend to have strength and to find peaceful times amidst his overwhelming sense of loss. Thank you for posting as it lifts me up to a renewed sense of gratitude for my loved ones and reminds me to never let them forget how much I love them eveyday.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

When I posted this request I was at a loss as to exactly why I was doing so.

I wanted to reach out to everyone that had a similar situation.

While I felt compassion towards Kristie's Mom, I also felt very removed from the consequence.

After reading these responses I was genuinely humbled.

The honesty and empathy in your words touched me more that I thought possible.

I feel very connected to the members of this forum.

You are all very much an important facet of my life.

I marveled at the realization any of us could pass each other in the street and not know it, while at the same time care for each other enough to take time to petition God for assistance or relief in that persons life.

I remember online friendships being considered less than legitimate. 

Now however, that is not the case.

I'm not very good at expressing this, it's much easier to get into a "dogfight" with a progressive on a site that has no rules or filters.

With all that's going on in the world, and the extreme  metamorphosis being imposed on Americans through political debauchery, it is despairing to realize  our time may on this site may soon end.

Please understand, my only hope for each one of you is that your days will be filled with happiness, and your lives with prosperity.

Thank you, each one, for your encouraging words, spoken from your heart.

I pray you will each be blessed.

• Upvote 3