Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What do Your Friends Think about the Dinar ?

I have told many friends about it. I tried to explain the logic that a small gamble could have a huge upside. I tell the skeptical ones, invest $250-$300, what is that going to set you back in life, a week? Probably less than that. If it goes one to one you could have a couple hundred thousand dollars. How much do most of us piss away going out to dinner, playing golf, buying the right kind of AR-15. I always preface it with never more than you can afford to lose. Some friends laugh and call me a fool. I tell them you should of seen me in my penny stock days. I believe that unlike the U.S. and it's fiat currency, Iraq's currency is backed by something that every other country in the world wants. The problem is getting three tribes to agree that they are not Sunnis, Shiites, and Kurds but they are Iraqis. If they ever get past that, there is a good chance for an RV.

I've told only a few people, none were interested. My daughter-in-law spoke with her broker & was told it's a scam so she's not interested. Only two of our kkids are even mildly interested of the 9... One just lost his job & was never able to buy in, the other wants to but at 19, finds concert tickets more important. They'll all regret it. Hubby's best friend is invested because of us & asks for daily updates.

KK

MADD for Heather

IMO...If it does'nt happen, with what all Iraq has going for it, then does it really matter?...As wont the entire world collapse then anyway along with them...so why not diversify and at least bet some on the WINNING HORSE?....This is how I see it!...Is it really any different than putting your money anywhere else, when in reality, it's not any safer there either!....At least from what we have already seen thus far until now...so what is WITHOUT RISK?...For what it's worth!...

I have talked to a few people about it. My sister bought some. A co-worker bought a hundred bucks worth. Thats it.

I felt like a salesman sometimes. Some said they didn't have the money, but bought a lot of stuff. Some that had the money said it was a scam, even though I told them it was currency and the worst that could happen was that we would break even, it didnt matter. Now, I wish I would not have told my wife, as I had to claim it on my assets in my divorce paperwork. I knew it was time when I asked her, can you think of anything nice I have ever done for you and she said all of that was in the past. Why didn't I just leave her in Hawaii on my honeymoon, when the bus driver told us all to grab the shoulders ahead of us and massage them. Unfortunately the lady behind me was attractive and my wife stomped on my severely sunburn foot and then proceeded to grind her foot back and forth. Oh well, at least now she can only spend her half of the dinar when it RV's.

• Upvote 1

I guess I'll put my :twocents: worth in this and respond. Initially, I spoke with a few friends and others about this investment and most were uninterested and skeptical, and now that it's been 2 years down the road with the currency basically unchanged, I can't blame them. :lol: These days, as I see the same political patterns repeating with the Iraqi government as a currency improvement lingers, I don't speak about the dinar very much to anyone but the folk already invested in it.

If I had to do it all over again, I would of kept my mouth shut and not told anyone to look into it. But, that said, I still feel that there is a great chance to see a return on investing in it,, it's just that there is a sort of stigma that buying dinar has and mostly because of the pumper / BS ers......

My best friend was the person who got me into this, by giving me some. When I started buying my own, I returned her dinar, thanking her so much, and she used it to give to someone else ... don't know what happened there but if that person even just keeps it until the RV, and she will alert them when that happens, they profit by the dinar.

I had only one other friend I knew well enough to tell, and want to share the windfall with. She was very skeptical. So, I sent her and her partner a million dinar. It was about six months later that she wrote and told me that I was behaving in ways that she did not like. specifically that I was wasting my money ... and she felt she could no longer be a friend, and invited me to delete her email address from my computer. Excuse me, you don't like how I spend money? Oh, as in buying a million dinar and sending them to you out of the goodness of my heart? And did she ever return them? Nope. Never mentioned them and I never heard from her again. He partner, actually she lives with her brother, has kept in touch, but cannot find out just what it was that spurred her to spurn me. Anyway, when the RV hits they will know about it and profit.

Now, as to family ... I have siblings who have not spoken to me in years. My brother ignores me and all my attempts to reach him. My sister I happened to stumble over on Facebook. I dropped her a line. She wrote back and invited me to go to H@ll and F**k right off, in those precise words but spelled out clearly so I would not misunderstand her message or her intent. I did tell you, they won't speak to me. They hate me. I am not sure why. If it is something from the far past when we were actually in contact, that has to be over twenty-five years. How can someone hold a grudge for that long? ... for their sister? ... without telling her what the gripe is and trying to work it out? ... even if it just meant getting an apology?

Well, as it happens another person, a relative, found me on Facebook and we have been corresponding for some time now. He is a cousin. I told him about the dinar by sending him five-hundred thousand and giving him some information, and sites to check out. He wrote back asking questions, and eventually took some of his own money to increase his dinar holdings to about a million. He knows it is a waiting game now, and seems prepared to wait. He still writes me so he cannot be upset that what I told him was going to be a short term investment has taken a lot longer than we both thought at the time.

Other than that I have not told anyone, except my insurance/investment counsellor. He was skeptical. I gave him one of the "one of every denomination" starter packs. He said it was nothing more than pretty paper. Then I hear by the grapevine a few weeks later that he was at a party and was telling everyone about this wonderful currency revaluation investment, that would take a while, but was well worth the wait. I think he must have bought more or his own also.

So, that's it. Not a great result. Skeptical people who didn't mind having dinar given to them. And siblings who got not, and were not told of it. But when the RV hits I intend to take a large amount of money and have it given to each of them, anonymously, with no way for them to find out where it came from. If they should actually contact me and ask if I got money too, of course I will say yes, and that I have no idea where it came from. It will drive them crazy!! hahahaha

:rolleyes:

smee2

I have enjoyed reading everyone's story - I wish others would share - I really liked Dog53 and Smee2's as theirs was just a tad different --

I shared the dream with only select people for the most obvious reasons - At first my introduction was as an innocent inquiring mind -- Had they heard of? Did they know of? Would they check into it - and I would tell them that I had a friend that was invested and as very excited about it -

I was even innocent and naive enough to ask 2 bankers to do some snooping around and see if they could discover anything - ha ha - nothing - nada -

It was probably a year before I braved telling my daughter and encouraged her to invest - It was a blessing and at a prime time because at no other time would she have had the money

A little later my daughter and I along with an aunt and a friend went in together to purchase 1 mil to divide - we all knew that it may take a while but that was okay and I instructed them to keep it very quiet among family and friends to avoid future problems -

Another year passed and things looked like we were really going to see our RV so I shared with a client and a friend - both were strained financially but purchased a small amount -

We are of course still anxiously waiting and all 5 of the ones I shared the dream with have never voiced any complaints about the waiting - they do not even bother me about the date or rate -- lol and they know I am on the boards and some chats all the time --

I like my neighbor and really wanted him to invest but don't think he has -- He asked some fancy friend of his in California so discounted "my" knowledge and would not invest - He still picks on me - in friendly fun about me being rich or when am I gonna be rich -- "Are We There Yet"?

I wonder many times if some of the others I shared the dream with have since invested but choose to not tell me?

As far as family - I attempted to share with a brother that is very astute and is even an appointed political official in our local government -- If I could convince him the rest of the family would be good -

My brother may have possibly listened with a more open mind if it had been from someone else but not from me - I never finished telling him the whole story or even that I did invest - and it has never been mentioned again - Maybe my approach was off but I believe it was more his skepticism and thoughts of a scam with a little bit of no faith or belief in little sister knowing anything - the family is due for one big shock - and I will help them and their children -yes in spite of their opinions and lack of understanding of my "UNEEKNESS" lol

I have not shared with any in a long time as I realize the risks and do not want the responsibility or the questioning of when & how much -- or their blabbing it all over town

Not a very exciting story but I do feel good knowing that I have shared a dream that others chose to believe in and still believe in and with high hopes in living the reality of it soon <3 <3 <3 <3 UNEEK

Edited by UNEEK

My best friend was the person who got me into this, by giving me some. When I started buying my own, I returned her dinar, thanking her so much, and she used it to give to someone else ... don't know what happened there but if that person even just keeps it until the RV, and she will alert them when that happens, they profit by the dinar.

I had only one other friend I knew well enough to tell, and want to share the windfall with. She was very skeptical. So, I sent her and her partner a million dinar. It was about six months later that she wrote and told me that I was behaving in ways that she did not like. specifically that I was wasting my money ... and she felt she could no longer be a friend, and invited me to delete her email address from my computer. Excuse me, you don't like how I spend money? Oh, as in buying a million dinar and sending them to you out of the goodness of my heart? And did she ever return them? Nope. Never mentioned them and I never heard from her again. He partner, actually she lives with her brother, has kept in touch, but cannot find out just what it was that spurred her to spurn me. Anyway, when the RV hits they will know about it and profit.

Now, as to family ... I have siblings who have not spoken to me in years. My brother ignores me and all my attempts to reach him. My sister I happened to stumble over on Facebook. I dropped her a line. She wrote back and invited me to go to H@ll and F**k right off, in those precise words but spelled out clearly so I would not misunderstand her message or her intent. I did tell you, they won't speak to me. They hate me. I am not sure why. If it is something from the far past when we were actually in contact, that has to be over twenty-five years. How can someone hold a grudge for that long? ... for their sister? ... without telling her what the gripe is and trying to work it out? ... even if it just meant getting an apology?

Well, as it happens another person, a relative, found me on Facebook and we have been corresponding for some time now. He is a cousin. I told him about the dinar by sending him five-hundred thousand and giving him some information, and sites to check out. He wrote back asking questions, and eventually took some of his own money to increase his dinar holdings to about a million. He knows it is a waiting game now, and seems prepared to wait. He still writes me so he cannot be upset that what I told him was going to be a short term investment has taken a lot longer than we both thought at the time.

Other than that I have not told anyone, except my insurance/investment counsellor. He was skeptical. I gave him one of the "one of every denomination" starter packs. He said it was nothing more than pretty paper. Then I hear by the grapevine a few weeks later that he was at a party and was telling everyone about this wonderful currency revaluation investment, that would take a while, but was well worth the wait. I think he must have bought more or his own also.

So, that's it. Not a great result. Skeptical people who didn't mind having dinar given to them. And siblings who got not, and were not told of it. But when the RV hits I intend to take a large amount of money and have it given to each of them, anonymously, with no way for them to find out where it came from. If they should actually contact me and ask if I got money too, of course I will say yes, and that I have no idea where it came from. It will drive them crazy!! hahahaha

:rolleyes:/>

smee2

Smee! This is one of the few posts that I've read all the way through from thee. :lol: I agree with pattyangel, you seem to have a good heart. 1 million dinar to a friend who chides you for spending? A cousin gifted 500k dinar to who might soon forget you?? An insurance/investment counsellor given a dinar starter pack that later brags about the investment at a party?? Smee, Smee, Smee! PLEASE don't do this for people who may not even say 'thanks'.

I can relate to your experiences since my 'relatives' were identical. :lol: For every gift or considerate gesture there was some sort of rebuke or indifference. Go figure. I think it's basically an innate sense of selfishness some people have, whether born with or learned, coupled with a familial or American spoiled sense of entitlement. In general, people seem to have more respect and value what they've earned than what they are given. It's weird, I know, but it's usually the case. Anyway, I found the whole relative thing to be full of drama and too much b.s. so I moved on years ago. Hope things work out with your cousin and our investment! Take care Smee!....and Go RV! :twothumbs:

End Quote

Smee... Sorry to hear that.... It's sad (and unfair imo). I don't have any siblings but most of my friends do so I know it can get pretty complicated at times.....Again, it's one of those things one can't choose and a blood tie doesn't necessarily mean much ( if at all).

Depends on the Individuals.

• Upvote 1

I have only told one friend and she didn't act like she thought it was a scam or anything like that.  She knows that if I do come into some money I will help her in any way that I can.  I have not told any of my family.  The only ones that know are the ones that got us involved. Ours is in our safe along with some cash that we managed to hold on to.

I see this as a "once in a life time" event.  So I have shared with who ever I thought would listen.  As course to anyones knowledge, I have "just some".  Several have bought in but I have found that a stranger will listen more than a family member.  I've helped a few young people get started that might not have otherwise been able to.  I feel good about that.  And I won't feel bad for the ones that did nothing.

One of my best friends told me of this investment and helped me get started. I told no one when I did this, not any other friends or any family members as I can tell they would think I was crazy! I ended up being very glad I told no one even my husband as I was keeping it a surprise! Imagine my surprise when upon return from a job I found out he had almost emptied my bank account! This ended in divorce and he still has no idea I have dinar. When the RV happens I will take care of my extended family and not have to worry about them thinking I am nuts as it will have already Rv'd and be profitable! I have one other friend who is invested but he asked me about it initially and we talked for awhile before I admitted I was invested. Since then we rarely talk about it as that was two years ago and the other two are disheartened and have lost faith. I just put mine away and try not to worry with it. When it happens it happens, meanwhile I have a life to live! :)

• Upvote 1

In 2004 I was serving in Iraq as a contractor with KBR at Camp Cedar II.

I hooked up with my room mate who was a Convoy Commander and he purchased 5 million Dinar for me.

2 million for my X-Wife (Best Friend), 1 million for my son, and 2 million for me.

My X-wife sold hers thinking it would never revalue.

My son told me when I purchased the Dinar that it was a scam and I was not too bright for buying it, so I sold his.

I have been hanging on to my 2 million since 2004 just hoping that it revalues so I can be proven right.

Come on RV! LOL

Edited by gymrat76541
  • Upvote 1

Gymrat they will regret it. I dont understand why anyone would sell before this thing finally plays out. It cost me more money to wake up in the morning than what I would get off selling dinars. There are a lot of people, friends & family, that are going to be destroyed when this thing RV's. One thing is for sure, not one person that ever ridiculed me about this investment will ever see a dime of it.

• Upvote 1

I never try and talk them into it. I tell some occasionally. 2 of my friends bought a small amount. 500,000 and 300,000 Dinars. My sister had them running to order because it was going to happen any time. I told them it might happen but not to blame me as my sister could sell a sh&t sandwich to anyone.   Looking up to Okie and gang. :P 

My Friends, LOL.  I have been on this ride for over six years and I do not discuss it with my friends.  My immediate family knows I have the dinar and the people that I originally got in with know but that is it.  If I am going to buy a new house I don't consult with my friends, so why would I discuss investments with them.  I remember the first time I told my Dad that I had some dinar and he told me to go get my money back.  A few years back he bought three million.  He said that when I bought mine Iraq was not stable enough but he felt like it was stable enough now to invest and that he didn't think the risk was as high.  He also paid more for his than I did.   Who knows what is going to happen.....I don't......but I highly doubt that I will lose money and I think the worst case senario is that I will triple my money. 

In for the long haul.......almost seven years now   

I am much encouraged by like minded people on this topic, with a good spirit of adventure and risk. I was very fortunate to being thorwn in with a group of other contractors 1n 05/06 in Iraq. It eally din't take much brain power to figure out that this cpould be HUGE investment (speculation, I know) down the road; especially in consideration of the thousands I've wasted over the years on cars, bikes, useless tools, and other "eye candy".

As a result, I have a comfortable stash in the lock box, and never miss the costs. My sharing is limited to my wife, son, and a special financial adviser, who is really beginning to ask the right questions...