Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Expert: the exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar will fall more in the coming days by the actions of the Central Bank of effective

yota691

Hmm good eye!!! However I'm still thinking in the back of my head about the IMF saying emerging economies will see changes as soon as October or shortly thereafter. I think it was a very powerful statement and take it more seriously since it did come straight from the IMF!

I agree Tennesseegirl the IMF article spoke of the US Fiscal cliff and ended with something historic ready to happen.

IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde Calls for Action Now to Secure Global Recovery

Press Release No.12/358

September 24, 2012

Christine Lagarde, Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund, today urged policymakers to use the window of opportunity offered by recent policy decisions—and to take the actions needed to achieve a decisive turn in the global crisis.

“This time, we need a sustained rebound, not a bounce. If this time is to be different, we need certainty, not uncertainty. We need decision makers to be real action takers. We need delivery,” she said in a speech at the Peterson Institute for International Economics.

She described recent initiatives by major central banks as “big policy signals in the right direction”—the European Central Bank’s OMT bond-purchasing program, QE3 by the U.S. Federal Reserve, and the Bank of Japan’s expanded Asset Purchase Program. At the same time, Ms. Lagarde warned that the global economy is still fraught with risks and policy uncertainty is weighing growth down. The IMF continues to project a gradual recovery, but global growth will likely be a bit weaker than anticipated even in July, she said.

Speaking ahead of the joint Annual Meetings of the IMF and World Bank Boards of Governors in Tokyo, Ms. Lagarde focused on three key sets of policy challenges: the unfinished agenda for Europe and the United States; increased pressures in the rest of the world; and commitments on which the IMF also must deliver.

“Europe obviously remains the epicenter of the crisis and where the most urgent action is needed,” she said, calling on European policymakers to deliver on their commitments—including by establishing a single supervisory banking mechanism and enabling the direct recapitalization of banks. Other actions include implementing the European financial firewall—notably the European Stability Mechanism; the agreed plan for fiscal union; and, at the country level, the reforms that are essential for growth, jobs, and competitiveness.

Ms. Lagarde said that another major risk to the global economy is in the United States, where “current law implies a dramatic tightening of the deficit by about 4 per cent of GDP next year… Failure to reach a deal on raising the debt ceiling could also force a dramatic tightening.” She called for action to avoid this so-called “fiscal cliff” and a concrete plan “to bring down debt gradually over the medium term.”

Ms. Lagarde also noted how, after leading the global economy in the current recovery, the major emerging markets are now slowing; she urged them to focus on countering vulnerabilities, whether domestic or external. She added that she is pushing hard to ensure adequate financing for low-income countries, including through the IMF’s concessional lending via the Poverty Reduction and Growth Trust (PRGT). She also called for increased support from the international community so that successful transformation in the Middle East can be based on a “foundation of inclusive growth and employment.”

Finally, Ms. Lagarde said that the IMF is striving to be even more effective by improving its economic analysis and strengthening the global financial safety. The Fund is also making good progress in reaching final agreement on “the most significant governance changes in IMF history.” She said that the IMF was pushing to pass these reforms, aimed at giving greater representation to emerging market and developing economies, “if not by October, then as soon as possible thereafter.”

Read more:

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 1

Well, the website had only had a total of 193 hits on its hit counter when I went there. Clearly not a mainstream website. :)

Could it be an Iraqi Guru's site? Think I'll hold off on buying any more Dinar. :)

Interesting thoughts.....

Can anyone verify how authentic and legit the website is??

Yea yea I know Im negative as hell but in all seriousness you have to be a little skeptical.....The article is basically announcing to the world that the dinar is going to equal the USD in a few days?? blink.gif

Something isnt right....maybe it is just someones opinion that doesnt know anything the CBI is doing.....

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 6

Yea yea I know Im negative as hell but in all seriousness you have to be a little skeptical.....The article is basically announcing to the world that the dinar is going to equal the USD in a few days?? blink.gif

Something isnt right....maybe it is just someones opinion that doesnt know anything the CBI is doing.....

ya never know he may of been surfing the net and saw one of our opinions and started day dreaming and went out and bought a few million dinars and started his campaign like okie

i know it doesnt matter what anyone says about this article, but my friends over seas say that the website this is posted on is a decent website, it isnt known as a great or garbage site. i never thought that iraq would prematurely announce an rv to the world though. time will tell...

• Upvote 7

This Majid guy has been referenced in a few articles over the past months and days. Might be this guy-if so, he's not any newspaper writer-would be a highly influential economist with his hooks into all things Iraq and CBI.

Dr. Majid Al Souri, Director, Iraq Banking Sector Reform Project Management Unit (PMU)

http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTMENA/Resources/Financial_Sector_Review_English.pdf

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/06/06/219014.html

http://www.iier.org/i/page_content.php?smenu_id=261

I agree it seem like a bad move to come out and say this... although this is what everyone is looking for when they are on this site, but it would make sense for them to keep putting out the "remove three zeros" article before they change the value of the dinar. Which is what they have been doing so why would they suddenly change their tune and say "in the coming days" and give the big money guys time to come in... something isn't right indeed.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The PMU is the Project Management Unit-related to the Banking Reform in Iraq.

Restructuring of the internal audit and compliance units at Al Rasheed Bank and Al Rafidain Bank, state-owned commercial banks. This guy looks like he headed that whole area-which as Scooter has said for years is the whole key to the RV. I dunno if his comments mean the two banks have been restructured? Scooter always said we wouldn't seen an RV prior to this happening.

http://www-wds.worldbank.org/external/default/WDSContentServer/WDSP/MNA/2011/12/06/46957B4459D4236C852577A6004C4E08/1_0/Rendered/INDEX/IRAQ00Aide0Memoire0July02010.txt

1. The PMU has issued an Expression of Interest (EOI), in compliance with Bank’s

procurement guidelines, with regard to restructuring of the internal audit and compliance units at

Al Rasheed Bank and Al Rafidain Bank, state-owned commercial banks.

2. On November 23, 2009, EOI has been advertised in United Nations Development

Business (UNDB) and DG Market websites. Four consulting firms expressed their interest;

Huron Consulting Group, Price Water House Coopers, International Business and Technical

Consultants, Inc., and Francis Domnic Noronha. Subsequently, an Evaluation Committee was

established and conducted a primary evaluation of the received EOIs.

3. The Committee shortlisted three firms and the PMU issued Requests for Proposal (RFP)

for the shortlisted firms. On May 10, 2010, the PMU received the technical and financial

proposals from the three shortlisted firms. The Committee held two sessions in order to evaluate

the received technical proposals. Due to the unfortunate attack that resulted in burning out all the

PMU’s assets and documents; the process has been postponed until the PMU retrieve the lost

documents and re-establish the new offices. In this respect, the PMU will be requesting the

shortlisted firms to re-submit their technical and financial proposals.

• Upvote 3

The Iraqi Dinar Against The U.S. Dollar .. dinar exchange rate against the dollar would drop more in the coming days by effective central bank actions!

dinar+and+dollar.jpgSunday, September 30, 2012

Expert: dinar exchange rate against the dollar would drop more in the coming days by effective central bank actions

The Economist said Majid, mock US dollar exchange rate is declining and the dinar will equal in the next few days, praising Central Bank actions "successful" reduce the dinar against the dollar. Mock said (News Agency news) on Sunday: that one important factor for the high dollar exchange rate dinar last summer months are high demand and low supply and exploitation of citizens banking companies to lift the dollar, prompting the Central Bank to increase the supply in the auction currency.

He added: the success of Central Bank actions in reducing the dollar against the Iraqi dinar will make dollar Iraqi dinar per few days ahead.

The picture: that the decline in the dollar exchange rate was limited only to demand cash and not remittances, noting that the transfer obtained by the merchant through banks and banking companies circulated at the official rate, while the cash demand by citizens through banking offices fell to its reliance on worker supply and demand.http://www.microsoft...23ixzz27wuhAqCc

• Upvote 5

This is by far the most definitive statement to come out of Baghdad. Furthermore, I find it interesting that this article would come out on a Sunday. It will be interesting to see how markets react to this. Typically, in a standard market, this information would be forbidden by the FTC to avoid insider trading. It wouldn't make sense to disclose this prior to a fulfillment/completion of the objective. Pair this with the article of Ban Ki Moon and Iraq chapter 7 lift and you have a formula for success. I am not calling it, I'm simply observing the facts in place. Don't believe for a second that the PTB don't understand Global economics and currencies. This does not indicate a LOP, it doesn't indicate a float. It is explicit in indicating an REVALUATION of currency. Dollars and Dinars have been coming out of circulation in volume for some time in Iraq. The timing is right. I stand to be corrected, but am extremely encouraged by this news. :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the Positive vibe 'i_musician77. It has been a encouraging news day!! B)

• Upvote 2

You're right, and the something that isn't right is stating that it will happen "in the next few days". Sounds like "in the coming days", and we know how that's worked out for us. Not saying I'm not hopeful, but been in this long enough so I'm not holding my breath.

• Upvote 1