Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

You Can't Fix Stupid: The Iraqi Dinar Scam Lives

As per the argumentative part of all of this...I'm neutral....but, I've never took the time to worry over negative articles like what which was posted here, much less post them, as probably 90% of what's out there, regarding the Dinar...is for the most part NEGATIVE...and that's why WE come to these sites...to try to get POSITIVE info. about the dinar...in other words if I want to learn about boating, I would never go pick up a copy of needlecrafting...as I'm not into that, and I know where I'm going, and already know what I want to do...catch my drift...people generally only follow what their true purpose is on a subject....or they get out of it and move on, as they are either tired of it, and/or had a bad experience with it, as per it not simply being their cup of tea anymore, for whatever reason...but, no one, I mean HARDLY no one, goes out LOOKING for the NEGATIVE in ANYTHING that they believe in per sey...at least not from my genral experience on this planet!...lol...Right now folks, I can go find you 10,000 things like this that has been posted, that all of the arguing started over...but WHY?....I'm not trying to tear down what I believe in, for ME or ANYONE else...I dont need to...I've already PROVEN...that up to now it is "ONLY" a WINNER...and definitely "NOT" a LOSER!....at least up until NOW!...WHY SEARCH THE NEGS...WE ALL KNOW THEY'RE EVERYWHERE, EVEN WHEN WE CAME TO THESE SITES LOOKING FOR SOMETHING BETTER...AND MOST OF US HEARD NOTHING BUT THE NEGATIVES WHEN WE WE GOT INTO THIS THING?...EITHER LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT...MOST DONT HATE WHAT THEY LOVE...AND MOST DONT LOVE WHAT THEY HATE...OH, THAT'S RIGHT, SOME DO?...WOW!!!...Why must I write all of this...Is there some out there that may want to buy my dinar perhaps, we know that the spread or profit is just as high going in and going out...buying/selling...is this possibly why some of this B.S. is injected...and I'm not only talking about a poster on here, but those that write this stuff while never truly INVESTIGATNG!....I can get pull this crap up anytime, by looking at the established media, the LIES..they're everywhere...I guess if all of us had remained stupid and listened to ALL of the LIARS and THOSE that spewed this trash even years ago...none of us would have ever had any of the GAINS that some have already experienced up until now?..As we would still be scared to look into this, as this crap continually spews forth.....WHAT I WANT TO KNOW, IS WHY DONT THEY MENTION THE POSITIVE PARTS OF THIS INVESTMENT...SO THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE THIS TYPE STUFF EVERYONE...SEND THE EDITOR OR THE WRITER THESE QUESTIONS...SEE IF YOU GET AN ANSWER...THEN POST ALL OF IT....OH, THAT'S RIGHT, THEY DON'T RESPOND SOMETIMES....LOL...

• Upvote 2

Ok, Ok, Ok....Before this gets too far out of hand, this article has been around for a couple of weeks, you can read it, and others like it, on zerohedge. Sometimes it is plain uncomfortable to read such a in your face article, or appraisal, as I like to call it, of this investment. You just can't take it personal, and for every article that comes out basically calling all of us stupid, there is a slew of information (not guru related) that would indicate the complete opposite. Yota does a fine job bringing those articles forward as well. It's not all butterflies, and rainbows, although I wish it was. But, just to breathe some happiness back into this thread, lets look at what's really happening in Iraq, and focus on that.

Useful Links

Investment Promotion

General Commission for Iraqi Free Zones

www.iraqifreezones.com

Foreign Direct Investment Promotion Center

www.fdipromotion.com

Foreign Investment Advisory Service

www.fias.net

International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes

www.worldbank.org/icsid/

International Monetary Fund

www.imf.org

Iraq Development Program

www.iraqdevelopmentprogram.org

Iraqi-American Chamber of Commerce and Industry

www.i-acci.org

Kurdistan Development Corporation

www.kurdistancorporation.com

Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency

www.miga.org

Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development

www.oecd.org

Portal Iraq

http://www.portaliraq.com

United Nations Development Program in Iraq

www.iq.undp.org

World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (IPAs)

www.waipa.org

World Bank

www.worldbank.org

• Upvote 4

yota691. I agree 100% you didn't write the article you were simply the messenger. I don't shoot messengers so I read your post and I can say I read your post. Voila and I'm still vested, and I'll keep reading the positive with the negative. :twocents::tiphat:

• Upvote 1

No one knows what will actually happen with the dinar...but, we do know it has been a pretty good ride so far, especially for the LONG-TERMERS...and so we still wait....and some that have been in this thing for 8 or 10 years are for the most part QUIET'...while some that have owned dinar for days, weeks or months...and maybe even a few years...SQUAWK at every turn of this venture....it seems the less time that some have had it, the louder they squeal!...lol....Anyway, we willl see?....Bottom Line: You are gonna be into something one way or another...physically and/or monetarily...according to where you live and what the/your system uses for your needs...so ride the Dollar, ride the Dong, ride the Dinar, or ride Whatever...even ride Gold and Silver...I've seen even these two take dives and make great returns as well a few times in my life time...some were estatic at returns, some were devastated...your all on your own anyway...win or lose at your own peril and choices...it's that simple...every investment is not for everyone..and if everyone got into everything, there would be no balance, and it simply would'nt work in most things...Is'nt it the risk that makes things exciting...was'nt it Trump who said it was'nt so much as exciting just having the money, but it was the climb and adventure to get there...or something of that nature...and he's been up and down like many of us...so boys and girls..it's either load up a little, or a lot, and ride, ride, ride...or run for the hills and/or dump and then run...lol....

• Upvote 1

The original composer of this article's credibility should be called into question because when he makes reference to Kuwait as having larger oil resources than Iraq, clearly he does not have a fundamental understanding of the known reserves of oil in Iraq in comparison to that of Kuwait, and if you clearly review the article you will see additional inconsistencies, I never believe these negative posts when they clearly don't know what they're talking about.

• Upvote 2

Ok, Ok, Ok....Before this gets too far out of hand, this article has been around for a couple of weeks, you can read it, and others like it, on zerohedge. Sometimes it is plain uncomfortable to read such a in your face article, or appraisal, as I like to call it, of this investment. You just can't take it personal, and for every article that comes out basically calling all of us stupid, there is a slew of information (not guru related) that would indicate the complete opposite. Yota does a fine job bringing those articles forward as well. It's not all butterflies, and rainbows, although I wish it was. But, just to breathe some happiness back into this thread, lets look at what's really happening in Iraq, and focus on that.

Useful Links

Investment Promotion

General Commission for Iraqi Free Zones

www.iraqifreezones.com

Foreign Direct Investment Promotion Center

www.fdipromotion.com

Foreign Investment Advisory Service

www.fias.net

International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes

www.worldbank.org/icsid/

International Monetary Fund

www.imf.org

Iraq Development Program

www.iraqdevelopmentprogram.org

Iraqi-American Chamber of Commerce and Industry

www.i-acci.org

Kurdistan Development Corporation

www.kurdistancorporation.com

Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency

www.miga.org

Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development

www.oecd.org

Portal Iraq

http://www.portaliraq.com

United Nations Development Program in Iraq

www.iq.undp.org

World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (IPAs)

www.waipa.org

World Bank

www.worldbank.org

Thank you very much for all the info,much appreciated.

The original composer of this article's credibility should be called into question because when he makes reference to Kuwait as having larger oil resources than Iraq, clearly he does not have a fundamental understanding of the known reserves of oil in Iraq in comparison to that of Kuwait, and if you clearly review the article you will see additional inconsistencies, I never believe these negative posts when they clearly don't know what they're talking about.

I agree. In fact, while I was working in Kuwait, we were told that the government there was putting money up for the future. What we were told is that the believe that Kuwait would run out of oil in around 15 or so years. The Kuwaiti government was supposedly saving money to help run the country in the event that would happen.

• Upvote 1

THIS JUST IN:

The Jedi Counsel believes that Yota has lost his ability to see into the future. His future must be overshadowed by the dark side from this B.S. he be selling.

To directly fan the P.C. flames I believe Yota has, under a different identity , one of those scam dealerships that spreads this BROWN29 just so the insanely stupid will sell him their dinar at a heavily discounted rate; that would be a devilishly clever way to make mo money off the more faint of heart that have gotten into this well known risky investment. I have made almost 50% off this investment so far. Of course I cannot afford to buy a full roll of t.p. yet, but that's not my point.

I do like 40oz vision of the future a whole lot.

Yota sounds like some in my family, who married themselves, warned that my then fiancee was not the right one, even though they had made said plunge into matrimony. I told them that thou it might be painful, ya know that time will always tell. I believe Yota is in this investment and is simply trying to divorce from it now just cuz its been a long and rocky road for him. Plus that dealer under another name thing. You make a marriage work by running on faith and hope through the hard times. Its simply sweeter when you make it through it all. 23 years plus for my wife and I. One of my sibblings is divorced, another we lost due to domestic violence when she told her spineless ex that she was going through with the divorce. So leave Yota, stop talking about this IQD ... on this blog and blogs everywhere. You have lost, or never had, the reason why people get/got into this risky investment. If you don't understand that then you have got to have an alternative motive for speaking the crap you said today on this blog. Yota a member of dinarvets since Aug2011 with thousands of responses to his record. This is a sucker free club yo.

what are you smoking BRO and if you wanna sell your IQD to me I'll buy it!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

THIS JUST IN:

The Jedi Counsel believes that Yota has lost his ability to see into the future. His future must be overshadowed by the dark side from this B.S. he be selling.

To directly fan the P.C. flames I believe Yota has, under a different identity , one of those scam dealerships that spreads this BROWN29 just so the insanely stupid will sell him their dinar at a heavily discounted rate; that would be a devilishly clever way to make mo money off the more faint of heart that have gotten into this well known risky investment. I have made almost 50% off this investment so far. Of course I cannot afford to buy a full roll of t.p. yet, but that's not my point.

I do like 40oz vision of the future a whole lot.

Yota sounds like some in my family, who married themselves, warned that my then fiancee was not the right one, even though they had made said plunge into matrimony. I told them that thou it might be painful, ya know that time will always tell. I believe Yota is in this investment and is simply trying to divorce from it now just cuz its been a long and rocky road for him. Plus that dealer under another name thing. You make a marriage work by running on faith and hope through the hard times. Its simply sweeter when you make it through it all. 23 years plus for my wife and I. One of my sibblings is divorced, another we lost due to domestic violence when she told her spineless ex that she was going through with the divorce. So leave Yota, stop talking about this IQD ... on this blog and blogs everywhere. You have lost, or never had, the reason why people get/got into this risky investment. If you don't understand that then you have got to have an alternative motive for speaking the crap you said today on this blog. Yota a member of dinarvets since Aug2011 with thousands of responses to his record. This is a sucker free club yo.

I don't think your assessment could be any further from the truth, while still being a part of the English language,

Yota brings over an example of what some others feel about the Dinar, and the most insecure speculators go ballistic.

Really, not being able to handle an opposing view without feeling threatened isn't the greatest character trait.

We all hope you were just having a bad day and venting.

There are always 2 sides to every coin.

• Upvote 4

To me, a "scam" is an offer to intentionally defraud an investor, where the investor's money is in effect stolen -- never to be returned. The investor loses everything. By contrast, we, as IQD investors, hold a country's legitimate currency which has value.

The only way we can benefit from this investment is if there is movement. If the IQD loses value, we lose. If the IQD stays the same, we lose slightly because of the transaction fees. But if the IQD gains value, even slightly, I am no worse off if I had put my money in a savings account earning very little interest. I just can't see the IQD value remaining constant -- something has to give -- and I'm banking on it going up. So, how am I being scammed?

Iraq's oil reserves are 143 billion barrels of recoverable oil. Kuwait has a litle over 100 billion barrels. So a country with ten times the population of Kuwait has 40% more oil in their reserves. Which country is richer in oil? Iraq's M2 money supply is about 70 trillion. Kuwait's is about 250 billion. He's right. Comparing the two countries is like comparing apples and orangutans.

Edited by doctor robbins
  • Upvote 2

for the negative nellies (or neds) criticizig yota on this post...do your research...he is a respected contributor...and you??? The post was interesting and informative even if it was meant to disallusion us as dinar holders. Look below the surface...the water has current below the surface that can't be noticed on top sometimes....maybe the writer wants us to all cash in due to some sinister reason....

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

We really need to think about this a bit. Could be the Dinar will RV tomorrow, but we've more likely been sucked into a pretty nice large-scale scam.

Not sure who said it, but "If you really want people to believe a lie, just make it a real whopper of a lie and tell it over and over and get lots of people to say the same lie over and over. Eventually, no matter how outlandish it is, people will start believing it."

Don't sell the farm to buy dinar, but there's no point selling your Dinar if you already own it. Just don't let the daily hype suck you dry and make you forget what's really important in your life.

I for one would LOVE to have millions of $$$, but I'm not holding my breath that it will happen tomorrow. Hopefully someday, but it won't hurt me if it doesn't.

Best dinar wishes and dreams,

PrinceAbubu

While I respect others opinions, I don't appreciate you calling people stupid....stupid. The way I look at it is, if or when the Dinar should RV at whatever rate, I will figure, this is great. My life and millions of others have been blessed. Should it not ever happen, not going to even worry about it. My life does not revolve around this investment. I do feel badly for those whose lives do revolve around it. Life is short and it is frail. Get out there and live the best life you know how to do and do not make this your priority.