Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

7-14-12 NOTHING HUGE CAN HAPPEN DURING RAMADAN

Skybear

Ramadan, the holy month of Muslims and the ninth month of Islamic calendar is the month of fasting for the Muslims. Ramadan is said to be the month of Allah. Fasting is supposed to be one of the five pillars (duties) of Islam, which a Muslim should follow.

Ramadan involves fasting during the daytime, saying no to food, drink, smoking and sexual activities. The importance of fasting during Ramadan is clearly known to the Muslims as it is said that: He who fasts during Ramadan with faith and seeks his reward from Allah will have his past sins forgiven; he who prays during the night in Ramadan with faith and seeks his reward from Allah will have his past sins forgiven; and he who passes Lailat al Qadr in prayer with faith and seeks his reward from Allah will have his past sins forgiven.

Muslims also have to Abide certain rules and regulations associated with Ramadan. During Ramadan Muslims follow certain conditions, which are said to be Ramadan rules and regulations; some of them are given below:

Ramadan Duration - Ramadan starts with the sighting of the crescent moon (hilal) and last for a period of one month. When the hilal is visible again at the end of the month, it is the time to celebrate Eid-Ul-Fitr (break the fast).

Ramadan Routine - During Ramadan Muslims have meal twice a day. One before the sunrise and one after the sunset. The meal before sunrise is called the suhoor meal and the meal after the sunset is called the Iftar meal. Muslims fast during the daytime. During Ramadan Muslims spend most of their time in remembering Allah by reciting Ramadan Dua and visiting mosque. Apart from the five daily prayers they also recite Taraweeh prayer, and on Lailatul Qadr, also called as the night of power, when Muslims spend their entire night praying to Allah.

And that is Ramadan. It does not affect their daily life. There are no special festivities or events. Life goes on as usual. Business will be conducted as usual. This is not a holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas.

So, something huge CAN happen during Ramadan.

Thanks for the information Jackster.

I suggest everyone go back and read the archival posts from the time around Ramadan last year......the same things were said. This truly is Ground Hog Day. Will they actually do something this year? IMO, you would have to be in the mind of Sinan Shabibi to know for sure, and last I checked none of the self-appointed gurus had that capability.

We've been told over and over that everything is done...all they need to do is pull the trigger. Hmmm. Stay tuned.

DATELINE RAMADAN -

The recent posts by others regarding what IS and what ISN'T allowed during RAMADAN have been informative and interesting.

I have myself conducted limited commercial business during RAMADAN, but it wasn't major STATE business! Personal and commercial business happens regularly - even in the most conservative circles with the House of Saud and in all other less-strict Muslim countries, such as the UAE and Iraq.

But EARTH-SHAKING, INTERNATIONAL business which impacts MAJOR regional changes (such as a large Revaluation of an existing currency)??

NEVER HAPPEN during RAMADAN. Maybe during or AFTER the celebration feast as RAMADAN closes, but not during RAMADAN! No major national event has ever occurred in any Muslim country during RAMADAN including during the very midst of WW-II, with the single exception of twice in the case of Turkey in the 1960's. During those two isolated events, Turkey's cultural moores were "relaxed" and the country was influenced and mostly driven by Civil Law and not Islamic Law. Muslim countries won't even declare war during RAMADAN. They don't mind doing so at the "drop-of-a-hat" during Jewish Holy Days, but never during RAMADAN.

If anybody is trying to "sell" you that an event of such importance and as historic and monumental as a national RV, could even possibly occur during RAMADAN. . . .we'll see you around the 20th of August and see if anything happened between the first and last of RAMADAN! I wish this were not so, but IT JUST AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN between the two crescent moons of Ramadan.

• Upvote 1

Lol man what we are looking for has never happened in the history of the world.....muchless Ramadan.....you post some crazy stuff

On this board.....at least make up your mind already

DATELINE RAMADAN -

The recent posts by others regarding what IS and what ISN'T allowed during RAMADAN have been informative and interesting.

I have myself conducted limited commercial business during RAMADAN, but it wasn't major STATE business! Personal and commercial business happens regularly - even in the most conservative circles with the House of Saud and in all other less-strict Muslim countries, such as the UAE and Iraq.

But EARTH-SHAKING, INTERNATIONAL business which impacts MAJOR regional changes (such as a large Revaluation of an existing currency)??

NEVER HAPPEN during RAMADAN. Maybe during or AFTER the celebration feast as RAMADAN closes, but not during RAMADAN! No major national event has ever occurred in any Muslim country during RAMADAN including during the very midst of WW-II, with the single exception of twice in the case of Turkey in the 1960's. During those two isolated events, Turkey's cultural moores were "relaxed" and the country was influenced and mostly driven by Civil Law and not Islamic Law. Muslim countries won't even declare war during RAMADAN. They don't mind doing so at the "drop-of-a-hat" during Jewish Holy Days, but never during RAMADAN.

If anybody is trying to "sell" you that an event of such importance and as historic and monumental as a national RV, could even possibly occur during RAMADAN. . . .we'll see you around the 20th of August and see if anything happened between the first and last of RAMADAN! I wish this were not so, but IT JUST AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN between the two crescent moons of Ramadan.

What I am posting is neither crazy nor dishonest: NO MAJOR NATIONAL or REGIONAL descision from any Islamic State has ever been made during RAMADAN!

My post is a very simple matter of history: ONE WON'T BE MADE WON'T BE NOW, either!

Let's wait until August 20th and come together again and see who was correct, shall we?

• Upvote 1

What I am posting is neither crazy nor dishonest: NO MAJOR NATIONAL or REGIONAL descision from any Islamic State has ever been made during RAMADAN!

My post is a very simple matter of history: ONE WON'T BE MADE WON'T BE NOW, either!

Let's wait until August 20th and come together again and see who was correct, shall we?

Everyone argued with me last year and the year before on this point... see you August 20th :D

:lol:

• Upvote 2

My honor.

May I add my thanks to this? America is a very special nation that produces many honorable citizens who serve their country with extreme courage, and the rest of us are enormously proud every one of you!! Again, thank you, Skybear, very much for your service!! And thank you, too, JeepGuy, and any others who are among us!! Whoever you are, you are among those brave men who serve(d) the greatest nation on earth, and you are all highly respected and appreciated.

• Upvote 3

Looks like I've got a singing partner: Adam. . .you are RIGHT ON THE MARK!

================================================================================

"11:44 AM [Adam Montana] unfortunately, I'm very sure that that day is not going to be today nor any of the next 30 days, because mark my words: NOTHING BIG will happen during Ramadan

• Upvote 2

May I add my thanks to this? America is a very special nation that produces many honorable citizens who serve their country with extreme courage, and the rest of us are enormously proud every one of you!! Again, thank you, Skybear, very much for your service!! And thank you, too, JeepGuy, and any others who are among us!! Whoever you are, you are among those brave men who serve(d) the greatest nation on earth, and you are all highly respected and appreciated.

Francie,

Ditto :)

• Upvote 1

Looks like I've got a singing partner: Adam. . .you are RIGHT ON THE MARK!

================================================================================

"11:44 AM [Adam Montana] unfortunately, I'm very sure that that day is not going to be today nor any of the next 30 days, because mark my words: NOTHING BIG will happen during Ramadan

I'm not saying it CAN'T, I'm just saying I'd place a large wager on "NO".

:twocents:

However - like a few others mentioned, the "element of surprise" is indeed a factor. If they are ready to make it happen, now would be an awesome time for them to do it!

Hey Skybear, I'll take the vomit comet ride with you. It'll be your challenge to make me barf, vomit, puke, ralph throw up or just plain lose it. I'm serious, you tell me when and where and I'll be there. Thank you for your service. It makes you very well respected. I hope to read more about you.

DW

Francie,

Ditto smile.gif

Francie and Nadita -

Most of us who have served this country in uniform have done NOTHING more than what the courageous heroines have done HERE holding the place together while we men were off fighting one war or another, half-way around the world. Our culture has changed radically since my time of combat. Vietnam was more than simply a war in Southeast Asia. It was a REVOLUTION of culture and change here at home. EVERYTHING changed during the 60's.

During my last month of flying after a 40-year career as a professional pilot, and before I reached mandatory retirement age, I made any number of flights into the "Sand Box" carrying bullets and beans. On several of these flights we received very badly aimed 23MM fire (I can regognize 23MM tracers as well as the next guy). The Colonel responsible for receiving my report and passing the coordinates of the gunsite to the Strike Eagle flight who took out that gun was a woman. Now, our women directly and intentionally face the same dangers that only men did for all our decades previously. Is that a change since Vietnam?? Most assuredly. Is it a GOOD one??? Not from my perspective.

I don't need to have a rock fall on my head to admit that there are women pilots who far exceed my own skills, both in a fighter. . .and in an airliner. I learned this first-hand as a shock and learned it very well, because I trained many of them.

Do I think they should therefor also be put into a position of harm's way just because of some man's stupidity? Absolutely NOT! Man is responsible for man's stupidity. . .our women aren't! The Israli's learned this lesson well in their war of 1967.

But who am I to push-back the moving wall of of "women's rights?" It is what it is, and now our most treasured and precious gifts - our wives, sisters sweethearts and even our and moms - now face intentional open combat in the same uniforms as our men! For WHAT? The glory of the next phase after burning their bra's? And yet the stupidity and greed and predjudice which causes war is seldom the responsibility of or designed by ours or any other people's women. Mostly women have been the innocent victims, along with our children, of man's warfare.

A look back - even a cursury look - to the 1940's will show the GRIT and the SMART of our women. Their courage goes well beyond mine. My mom taught me to fly and yet my own love for flying combat in F-4's and F-111's were nothing compared to hers as she traveled from one coast to the other, shepparding and loving 5 kids, all alone, completely by herself while her husband served on board ships in the Pacific war hell that went on during WW-II. . .or my own wife, as she and her women neighbors on our military base housing learned skills like repairing broken clothes washers and putting up "arm 'A'-into-slot-'D'" swing sets by themselves and learning to change oil in the family Station Wagon while their husbands were off flying (and too often enough dying) in fighters in the skies over Southeast Asia. . .or my own Daughter-in-Law who watched her husband, my son went to war in the Sand Box while she coped alone at home with illness of my grandchildren and with all the physical and financial needs while he was half a world away fighting Man's war.

The current hopes for these dinars becoming revalued carry many prayers for many people: Who should be FIRST IN LINE to receive the goods? There are "projects" and missions and humanitarian needs which are all well intended. But I will tell you who gets oiled first with the goods in MY dinar world! My mom is no longer here, but my wife and my daughter-in-law are. They have given FAR more than I or my son. It is our WOMEN who will best make use of any riches! It is MY job to invest, protect and guard it for their use.

You have expressed a thanks for my small part in patriotic duty as a fighter pilot. I want to spend a LIFETIME expressing thanks for the women of this country who have been the REAL backbone of anything good we have ever produced as Americans!

Our "culture" may have changed RADICALLY since WW-II, and Political Correctness may have overtaken common sense as our wall of limits in our conduct. . .but I still know which side of my bread is buttered. So whatever you are going to do for OTHERS, Francie and Nadita. . . .save some to spoil YOURSELVES!

I pray it RV's quick.

• Upvote 4

Skybear,

Thank you for your reply.. you are an honorable man and hats off to you, sir! I am honored to know you through DV :)

As far as your comment about us, women ;) never underestimate what women can do lol (just joking) and you are right, we can hold the fort too and if force, we can use the guns too lol

Yes, sir...I have set aside stash to spend on myself...when this rv's, I will indulge in many things...not the foolish ones and I also know there are a lot of areas that I would like to help and one of them is the victory village that old Sarge has planned.

Have a blessed week :)

Hey Skybear, I'll take the vomit comet ride with you. It'll be your challenge to make me barf, vomit, puke, ralph throw up or just plain lose it. I'm serious, you tell me when and where and I'll be there. Thank you for your service. It makes you very well respected. I hope to read more about you.

DW

DWitte -

Be very careful for what you wish!

In the movie, 'SPACE COWBOYS', a young man was celebrating his birthday and wanted the same kind of wish as you. In the movie, the charcter 'HAWK' gave him exactly what he wished for.

After the RV, and if you still want it, I will grant your wish.

Edited by Skybear

• 2 weeks later...

skybear...you are a very humble, thoughtful, intelligent HERO...I know you don't want that handle hung on you but I say tough, I'm giving it to you anyway!! Thanks again Buddy...proud indeed I am to call you and the others who risked all ....Friend...cheers

• Upvote 2

skybear...you are a very humble, thoughtful, intelligent HERO...I know you don't want that handle hung on you but I say tough, I'm giving it to you anyway!! Thanks again Buddy...proud indeed I am to call you and the others who risked all ....Friend...cheers

Thank you Tandy, I appreciate your kind words as do a lot of other men. I actually never served in a war, but I do have a wife......

• Upvote 4