Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Brietling and his post about IMF loans

cashman54

I was reading another site today and it had a snippet from Brietling (someone who I don't follow so I can't confirm how knowledgeble or good he/she is). Britling mentioned that the IMF had given loans to Iraq, which means its impossible for Iraq to LOP.

Can anyone boldly confirm that the IMF did indeed provided loans to Iraq and how this would hurt a LOP/help us? Thanks yall.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The IMF loaned Iraq 3.6 billion + 43 cents in Feb of 2010 but haven't seen anything new on it but that doesn't mean anything...search "IMF loans money to Iraq" ..see if that helps...I was going to loan them some but the copper of my 50 pounds of pennies negates the fiat value??? or flat value either....always thought most Fiats were ugly anyway...cheers

• Upvote 2

I was reading another site today and it had a snippet from Brietling (someone who I don't follow so I can't confirm how knowledgeble or good he/she is). Britling mentioned that the IMF had given loans to Iraq, which means its impossible for Iraq to LOP.

Can anyone boldly confirm that the IMF did indeed provided loans to Iraq and how this would hurt a LOP/help us? Thanks yall.

Nope.......I wish.....Iraqs debts are paid in USD.....which they get from oil revenues, so it wouldnt matter what the dinar does....

• Upvote 25
  • Downvote 27

Good point! I totally missed your question---and I can't answer it either. There seems to be great arguments for a LOP, and great ones against a LOP. It seems everything from an IMF loan to my kitchen sink influences both arguments. But back to your question...if you listen to Breitling (or anyone who holds an anti-LOP belief) long enough, your question will get answered... ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It's a moot point since all funds loaned through the IMF are USD. If Iraq wishes to lop, they will. Personally I'm praying and almost ready to sacrifice a Big Mac on the Altar of Dinar to the Great Shabibi that they don't lop. All of us outside the CBI have opinions and theories, but the bottom line is NONE of us know what will happen. We can only wish and fantasize (and most opinions are driven at least in part by fantasy) that we will make a profit... only time will tell

• Upvote 4

The IMF loaned Iraq 3.6 billion + 43 cents in Feb of 2010 but haven't seen anything new on it but that doesn't mean anything...search "IMF loans money to Iraq" ..see if that helps...I was going to loan them some but the copper of my 50 pounds of pennies negates the fiat value??? or flat value either....always thought most Fiats were ugly anyway...cheers

If the news is on a dinar site, then I would not put much weight on it. However, here's the link from the IMF. IMF Loan

A LOP, or RD by removing 3 zeros does not change how Iraq can pay on the loan. If $1165 = 1 million IQD, then after a LOP/RD $1165 would equal 1000 IQD.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I think what Breitling meant was that if they "LOP" they won't be gaining anything. He's saying that he didn't think the IMF would loan Iraq any money if they didn't plan on it being repaid back regardless

of who's currency was used. This is what he meant by what he said. I find some things that Breitling says to be on par with what I believe and other things which I I don't agree with or he says them wrong. I think he

does research quite often...of course research is only what a person can take from it. It's spelled Breitling also and his first name is Tony. One thing I don't like about him is that he tries to push the IMF report for half off which usually (if I'm not mistaken) you can get for free. I don't think he's a pumper and I do believe he is invested in the dinar as much or more than some of us. I work in a bank and I agree with this approach to this. You don't loan someone money unless you feel they can pay it back. The IMF's intention may of only been their hopes in Iraq's political structure (improving) and GDP rebounding...maybe nothing with a revalue of their currency...but it could be. That's the thing about this investment...anyone could be right. Best thing to do is pray, and ask god to bless you using the dinar as a vessel.

• Upvote 2

I think what Breitling meant was that if they "LOP" they won't be gaining anything. He's saying that he didn't think the IMF would loan Iraq any money if they didn't plan on it being repaid back regardless

of who's currency was used. This is what he meant by what he said. I find some things that Breitling says to be on par with what I believe and other things which I I don't agree with or he says them wrong. I think he

does research quite often...of course research is only what a person can take from it. It's spelled Breitling also and his first name is Tony. One thing I don't like about him is that he tries to push the IMF report for half off which usually (if I'm not mistaken) you can get for free. I don't think he's a pumper and I do believe he is invested in the dinar as much or more than some of us. I work in a bank and I agree with this approach to this. You don't loan someone money unless you feel they can pay it back. The IMF's intention may of only been their hopes in Iraq's political structure (improving) and GDP rebounding...maybe nothing with a revalue of their currency...but it could be. That's the thing about this investment...anyone could be right. Best thing to do is pray, and ask god to bless you using the dinar as a vessel.

The good stuff is not free .....not taking up for him but you do have to pay to be a member of the IMF site

http://www.elibrary.imf.org/staticfiles/IMFeLibrary_Brochure.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

HMMM if the IMF lends money to any country then I am quite sure they will want to be paid back in the same curency that was lended to begin with!

Since THE US DOLLAR seems to be the currency accepted for the IMF --nothing to worry about till the IMF changes policy and let's say uses the Yuan/ ramandi--this is where we should begin to panic and then it will be too late!

Cliff

The most important thing I am watching is the stand-bye arrangement between Iraq and the IMF which expires on July 23, 2012. At that point Iraq owes the largest payment they have ever paid to the IMF 2,376.80 million in SDR. I watching to see if they ask for an extention. :D

http://www.imf.org/external/np/fin/tad/exfin2.aspx?memberKey1=460&date1key=2012-07-12

• Upvote 1

Yes, Britling is correct, but this is not anything new. The IMF gave Iraq a loan in 2 part installments. The World Bank also followed up right behind the IMF and gave Iraq a loan as well. I believe the loans where given shortly after the UNSC released Iraq from the embargos. They were released during the end of 2010 and the IMF and World bank gave loans in installment amounts at the beginning of 2011.

Again, this is old information.

The most important thing I am watching is the stand-bye arrangement between Iraq and the IMF which expires on July 23, 2012. At that point Iraq owes the largest payment they have ever paid to the IMF 2,376.80 million in SDR. I watching to see if they ask for an extention. :D

http://www.imf.org/external/np/fin/tad/exfin2.aspx?memberKey1=460&date1key=2012-07-12

Yep, you are correct, there is already rumors out that our Prez has been asked to extend it again, BUT these are rumors......Keep an eye on Exxonmobile, they are looking to start drilling in the Kurdistan Region and Baghdad is pissed. Maliki has sent our Prez a letter requesting that he stop Exxonmobile from drilling in the north but up onto now......no response has been given from our Prez. This is getting very interesting. I always say, watch for Big Oil to make a move. I personally believe this is it.

• Upvote 1

HMMM if the IMF lends money to any country then I am quite sure they will want to be paid back in the same curency that was lended to begin with!

Since THE US DOLLAR seems to be the currency accepted for the IMF --nothing to worry about till the IMF changes policy and let's say uses the Yuan/ ramandi--this is where we should begin to panic and then it will be too late!

Cliff

You are 100 percent correct. The IMF operates like a loan shark!! They are a lender of last resort, and operating with a the motto of, "No one has ever defaulted on their loan, NO-ONE!!! In order to recieve a loan from the IMF, the IMF mandates change to a countries' fiscal policy so that they can be paid back. The IMF operates using a Mob mentality, in other words, if those muslims thinks that the west is evil, they they did business with the devil. I haven't found much online as too IMF mandates, it wasn't until I took a full semester ECON Class that I fully learned the job of the IMF. Iraq must have been really hurting to except a loan from the IMF. All their oil and natural gas and they still had to take a loan from the IMF!!!!! This instantly told me that there is more to this RV than what we think.

• Upvote 2

Iraq is selling T-bills AS WE SPEAK!!!!!! NO LOP!!! Treasury bills have already been sold, this info is posted on the CBI website.

Treasury bills have a face value of a certain amount, which is what they are actually worth. But they are sold for less. For example, a bill may be worth $10,000, but you would buy it for $9,600. Every bill has a specified maturity date, which is when you receive money back. The government then pays you the full price of the bill -- in this case $10,000 -- and you earn $400 from your investment. The amount that you earn is considered interest, or your payment for the loan of your money. The difference between the value of the bill and the amount you pay for it is called the discount rate, and is set as a percentage. In the example above, the discount rate is 4 percent, because $400 is 4 percent of $10,000.

Treasury bills are one of the safest forms of investment in the world because they are backed by the U.S. government. They are considered risk-free. They are also used by many other governments throughout the world.

http://money.howstuffworks.com/personal-finance/financial-planning/treasury-bills.htm

The TVOM is always figured in the sale of T-BILLS, that's how investors know how much money they are going to make.

• Upvote 2

Iraq is selling T-bills AS WE SPEAK!!!!!! NO LOP!!! Treasury bills have already been sold, this info is posted on the CBI website.

Treasury bills have a face value of a certain amount, which is what they are actually worth. But they are sold for less. For example, a bill may be worth $10,000, but you would buy it for $9,600. Every bill has a specified maturity date, which is when you receive money back. The government then pays you the full price of the bill -- in this case $10,000 -- and you earn $400 from your investment. The amount that you earn is considered interest, or your payment for the loan of your money. The difference between the value of the bill and the amount you pay for it is called the discount rate, and is set as a percentage. In the example above, the discount rate is 4 percent, because $400 is 4 percent of $10,000.

Treasury bills are one of the safest forms of investment in the world because they are backed by the U.S. government. They are considered risk-free. They are also used by many other governments throughout the world.

http://money.howstuf...asury-bills.htm

The TVOM is always figured in the sale of T-BILLS, that's how investors know how much money they are going to make.

Hey Tav,

Just curious, how did you get "NO LOP" by the fact that they are selling Bonds in their day-to-day open market operations? It actually has nothing to do with whether or not a currency re-denominates or not. Please explain your point using facts.

They actually don't sell US Treasury Bills (T-Bills) as that is part of the FEDS open market operations. Iraq has their own form of bond auctions.

They have 3 month, 6 month, and 1 year maturity bonds / government debt securities.

Read more here:

http://www.cbi.iq/in...pid=MofAuctions

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=CbiAuctions

Edited by 20MillionDinar
  • Upvote 1

Iraq did receive funds from the IMF under the SBA created in Feb 2010. The amount available was incremental subject to regular reviews. In March 2011, Iraq told the IMF they did not want any more money so consequently the 3rd review was never carried out. Any talk about the SBA expiring this month is of no significance as the SBA effectively expired when Iraq turned down further funding.

It is impossible for Iraq to LOP, no such animal, but they could certainly redenominate. Any loans from the IMF would not have any bearing on the issue, and not because they were valued in USD. The IMF loan will exist as a 'debt' in the Iraq accounts.

There are many theories being proposed but most are fundamentally flawed. International accounting practice only allows 'cash items' in a companies accounts to be adjusted by a variation in the rate of exchange. Capital, shares, assets, debts etc are not considered 'cash items' and would continue to retain value on a 'historical cost ' basis.

In the last set of accounts, Iraq had 27 trillion in 'issued' banknotes. In the event of a revaluation dinar within Iraq will remain as dinar and local prices will adjust as necessary. Iraq will only need to fund the banknotes held outside of Iraq, and there lies the unknown.