Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV put on indefinate hold?

Luigi1

Luigi,

Im sorry to be the one to tell you, but that is the farthest thing from the truth. If thats what you believe, then so be it.

I am sorry but the word always used is Nasacha. It can be translated as remove, delete, erase, or a dozen other words. Sometimes it is translated as raise. When you see different English words used it is usually because it was translated by a different translator or translator software.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 1

From another site...

COUNCIL OF MINISTERS DECIDES TO BE PATIENT IN THE PROCESS OF REMOVING THE ZEROS FROM THE NATIONAL CURRENCY.

It's a leverage ploy. They do not indicate the reasoning behind it, I think there is a major shakeup in the works that will occur at the time of the RV. I have pondered the possibility that Shabs has already done the RV deed behind the scenes and therefore the impasse between him and Malarki could safely be resolved by removing Shabs.

Shabs may have had to throw himself on the altar, knowing he could not continue to play patty cake any longer with Malarki as Rome burned... , combined with the ongoing desire for Malarki to fully control the CBI himself, rather than let Parliament have the joystick.

That sounds overly optimistic I know, but I have personally heard a pretty good bank story from a friend and I think the banks have been alerted as to the RV with some specifics. That doesn't guarantee a thing as we know, but I have to wonder why now this would be an issue and be brought to a head at such a critical time.

They were doing very well with the plan to implement the raising of the zeros, but it doesn't sound at all like they have canceled it, only putting one over the bow to send a loud message about who is in total control. .

Also, this is clearly a huge, orchestrated operation and Malarki and his power grab cannot be allowed to stand in the way and create a worldwide banking collapse which nobody and nothing can truly control. The damage will be the bankruptcy of countries and a million other unintended consequences. Whatever the case, the pot is about to boil (the pull the switch on the RV or it will over -- that is inevitable and they all know it)...

The notion that these elite groups would sit idle and put their fate fully in the hands of a third-world style dictator that can't even get his own cabinet to complete very simple tasks is beyond comprehension. Those countries with the most to lose will be the loudest voice in the room, and they will kick and scratch to stay afloat.

This is all about timing, as the RV is about to be triggered, everything will compress and escalate by necessity, and those seeking power will then exercise their position, or lever, knowing it's their last chance before it's all in and all done.

The info I relayed earlier would put the RV at our doorstep any day, perhaps tomorrow if their appointment pans out as they were told. I'm not holding my breath, but it's good info as far as it goes. This person is expecting to cash out tomorrow, but I don't really know anything about the certainty of it, tomorrow I should have an indication of what actually occurs at the appointment.

JMHO as always.

Irrelevant what it is, it doesnt matter Luigi dont you understand !

It's good news and wont or doesn't stop an RV.

So with an title like relating to this topic of "RV on indefinite hold?" makes you sound ignorant.

What is it that makes you such a expert? Stick your head in the sand & ignore what is going on.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Deleting zeros from a currency is a Lop....simplifies transactions

Deleting zeros from a rate is a revaluation...increase value

Can they be referring to merely one aspect of their intentions? ...RD

Our hopes are that both a RV and release of small denomination happen in unison, but time will tell.

Contradicting articles and delays!

• Upvote 1

Deleting the zeroes has nothing to do with a revaluation. you should spend more time researching and less time posting guru material. because your premise is destroyed, by the alternate definition you have assigned to deleting the three zeroes.

Hey Einstein, I try and remain above the fray here as evident by the number of posts I have contributed to this board since I joined, but I could not pass up remarking on your arrogance.

Here is some research that you evidently in your haste to make someone else look bad overlooked. Perhaps you should think before you speak.

This has NOTHING to do with GURU news, and everything to do with REALITY of what IRAQ thinks about the RV and THEIR well being, not yours or mine or anyone else outside of Iraq.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/12/iraq-currency-idUSL3E8FC8G120120412

Iraq halts plans to cut zeros off dinar currency-cabinet

Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:10pm EDT

* Cabinet says stops plans to redenominate dinar "until further notice"

* Iraq has over 30 trillion Iraqi dinars in circulation

* Plan to trim zeros not seen as a priority

By Aseel Kami

BAGHDAD, April 12 (Reuters) - Iraq has decided to hold off on a plan to knock three zeros off the nominal value of bank notes of its currency because it does not believe the economic climate is suitable, the cabinet secretary said on Thursday.

The central bank said last August it planned to redenominate the Iraqi dinar to simplify financial transactions in an economy that is still heavily centralised and dominated by oil, and where deals are often carried out in cash.

The proposal to restructure the dinar to bring more liquidity into the market has been awaiting parliamentary approval since last year.

On Thursday, a statement on the website of the cabinet secretary said the cabinet had decided to halt all procedures relating to the redenomination of the dinar "until further notice".

"The economic committee discussed this issue and so did cabinet ... There is a possibility that it could cause some problems in the economic situation. Besides that, this operation is so big that cabinet sees circumstances are not right to control this," cabinet secretary Ali al-Alaq told Reuters.

Iraq is slowly getting back on its feet after years of war and sanctions. Oil accounts for 95 percent of government revenues and the country's banking system is still highly underdeveloped.

HUGE PROCESS

The central bank has kept the dinar fixed at 1,170 dinars to the dollar in its daily auction but it recently moved to revalue the dinar slightly to 1,166 dinars after demand for the U.S. currency soared.

The central bank said it also had to tighten regulations over who can participate in the auctions as Iraqi traders sought to snap up dollars for resale in neighbouring Syria and Iran, both under Western economic sanctions.

Sales of dollars in currency auctions held by Iraq's central bank rose as high as $400 million on some days in December from a previous average of $150 million, according to central bank data.

"We have more than 30 trillion dinars in circulation. To withdraw this amount from the market and then to examine them and to dispose of them is a huge process. Even the technical and the monetary capabilities to control a process like this, we consider as insufficient and it is not seen as a priority currently," Alaq said.

The central bank says Iraq's large foreign reserves, which have risen to a record $60 billion on the back of high oil prices, will shield it from any damage to its financial system on the national level.

I dont like this news anymore than the rest of us that have been in this for several years, but it is what it is. Flame away people, but remember I am an investor just like you and am only the messenger here.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Its not the RV being put on hold.....its the lop being put on hold! Thats why this is great news!!

Keeps please explain further.

How is a LOP on hold good news.

Surely a LOP of any sort now or in the future is bad news, is it not

• Upvote 1

Keeps please explain further.

How is a LOP on hold good news.

Surely a LOP of any sort now or in the future is bad news, is it not

Of course any lop period is bad....my thinking is that the longer it drags on, and the more resistance to this plan there is, the better chances we have of it being scrapped all together, and the CBI would be sent back to the drawing board to figure out another way to raise the value of the dinar....

From what I have read, the parliament is the only thing that could dismiss or shoot down this plan because they have to approve of issuing a new currency....thats why the bill to delete the zeros is/has been sent to parliament for approval....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Hey Einstein, I try and remain above the fray here as evident by the number of posts I have contributed to this board since I joined, but I could not pass up remarking on your arrogance.

Here is some research that you evidently in your haste to make someone else look bad overlooked. Perhaps you should think before you speak.

This has NOTHING to do with GURU news, and everything to do with REALITY of what IRAQ thinks about the RV and THEIR well being, not yours or mine or anyone else outside of Iraq.

* Cabinet says stops plans to redenominate dinar "until further notice"

* Iraq has over 30 trillion Iraqi dinars in circulation

* Plan to trim zeros not seen as a priority

By Aseel Kami

BAGHDAD, April 12 (Reuters) - Iraq has decided to hold off on a plan to knock three zeros off the nominal value of bank notes of its currency because it does not believe the economic climate is suitable, the cabinet secretary said on Thursday.

The central bank said last August it planned to redenominate the Iraqi dinar to simplify financial transactions in an economy that is still heavily centralised and dominated by oil, and where deals are often carried out in cash.

The proposal to restructure the dinar to bring more liquidity into the market has been awaiting parliamentary approval since last year.

On Thursday, a statement on the website of the cabinet secretary said the cabinet had decided to halt all procedures relating to the redenomination of the dinar "until further notice".

"The economic committee discussed this issue and so did cabinet ... There is a possibility that it could cause some problems in the economic situation. Besides that, this operation is so big that cabinet sees circumstances are not right to control this," cabinet secretary Ali al-Alaq told Reuters.

Iraq is slowly getting back on its feet after years of war and sanctions. Oil accounts for 95 percent of government revenues and the country's banking system is still highly underdeveloped.

HUGE PROCESS

The central bank has kept the dinar fixed at 1,170 dinars to the dollar in its daily auction but it recently moved to revalue the dinar slightly to 1,166 dinars after demand for the U.S. currency soared.

The central bank said it also had to tighten regulations over who can participate in the auctions as Iraqi traders sought to snap up dollars for resale in neighbouring Syria and Iran, both under Western economic sanctions.

Sales of dollars in currency auctions held by Iraq's central bank rose as high as $400 million on some days in December from a previous average of $150 million, according to central bank data.

"We have more than 30 trillion dinars in circulation. To withdraw this amount from the market and then to examine them and to dispose of them is a huge process. Even the technical and the monetary capabilities to control a process like this, we consider as insufficient and it is not seen as a priority currently," Alaq said.

The central bank says Iraq's large foreign reserves, which have risen to a record $60 billion on the back of high oil prices, will shield it from any damage to its financial system on the national level.

I dont like this news anymore than the rest of us that have been in this for several years, but it is what it is. Flame away people, but remember I am an investor just like you and am only the messenger here.

Deleting, cutting, lifting, raising zeroes is all terms that are used in redenomiations...........thats a historic fact......if you dont get or understand that.....then so be it......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

No one knows what's going to happen or when with all of the contradicting reports coming out of Iraq. One article says it's being put on hold one says the government has no say over CBI. Everyone can argue until they're blue in the face but NO ONE KNOWS so what's the point? Stop feeding the trolls, if someone wants to say the RV will not happen because of a supposed hold on the deleting of the zeros ignore it. If someone says that they know for a fact that deleting the zeros means a lop, who cares. One person's ignorance isn't going to make me think differently about my research one bit.

Neg me if you'd like, personally I think the whole scoring idea of a forum is a little silly anyway :P

Yeah its just going to straight up RV 1000% go rv yeah burp yeah <bang> go RV

• Upvote 1

I am sorry but the word always used is Nasacha. It can be translated as remove, delete, erase, or a dozen other words. Sometimes it is translated as raise. When you see different English words used it is usually because it was translated by a different translator or translator software.

Roadrunner

Thanks for this, Roadrunner. I had not known the actual Arabic word in use. Lately, I have been a student of propaganda, and it is always helpful to know the actual words being used in the language of concern.

Rothschild owns both the Central Bank of Iraq and the Reuters news agency. Coincidence? I think not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for this, Roadrunner. I had not known the actual Arabic word in use. Lately, I have been a student of propaganda, and it is always helpful to know the actual words being used in the language of concern.

I don't speak Arabic either, other than a few basic words. I certainly can't read it, other than numbers. That is the beauty of living in a computer age; we don't have to be fluent in every language. Get yourself a good translation software for your computer. It will help a lot. I would suggest getting one with phonetic transliteration capability so you can Romanize the text before translating it. After a while you will start to pick up on a few words. Also, I would start off by downloading trial versions until you find the one you like.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 1

I believe its just smoke coming out of iraq. It's apparent they are stalling for a reason.

"I do believe in smoke, I do......I do, I do, I do, I doooooo! Kanas is about to go bye bye.

Oooops, I had a flashback. Lol (love that old stuff).

Unfortunately, to believe in a overnight RV we must also believe in a certain amount of smoke.

"I do believe in smoke, I do......I do, I do, I do, I doooooo! Kanas is about to go bye bye.

Oooops, I had a flashback. Lol (love that old stuff).

Unfortunately, to believe in a overnight RV we must also believe in a certain amount of smoke.

Good point. May be the calm before the storm?

• Upvote 1