Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Breaking news . Nujaifi: cancellation of Arbil agreement will bring Iraq to zero point.

Breaking news . Nujaifi: cancellation of Arbil agreement will bring Iraq to zero point.

04/04/2012 13:30:00

Baghdad/ NINA /-- Parliament Speaker Osama Nujaifi counted the cancellation of Arbil agreement would bring Iraq to zero point.

He said in his press conference that he held today in the House of Representatives : "the agreement of Arbil is the foundation on which the current government was formed as well as this agreement content a real reforms for all authorities and for installing of justice. Stressing on the fact that the cancellation of this agreement would create problems that Iraq will not be endured .

Some members and MPs for the State of Law coalition headed by PM, Maliki , hinted that A rbil agreement is terminated and it's more worthy Search for new agreements. / End

http://www.ninanews.com/English/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FKKIGM

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

04/04/2012 13:30:00

Baghdad/ NINA /-- Parliament Speaker Osama Nujaifi counted the cancellation of Arbil agreement would bring Iraq to zero point.

He said in his press conference that he held today in the House of Representatives : "the agreement of Arbil is the foundation on which the current government was formed as well as this agreement content a real reforms for all authorities and for installing of justice. Stressing on the fact that the cancellation of this agreement would create problems that Iraq will not be endured .

Some members and MPs for the State of Law coalition headed by PM, Maliki , hinted that A rbil agreement is terminated and it's more worthy Search for new agreements. / End

http://www.ninanews.com/English/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FKKIGM

This new development along with the cancellation of the National Conference will kill any chances of a RV in near future.

Parliament just can't get it together & agree to vote on anything. Expect more delays, walkouts & protests over disputes by Parliament.

Just vote on it.

Now vote...damn it...vote.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This new development along with the cancellation of the National Conference will kill any chances of a RV in near future.

Parliament just can't get it together & agree to vote on anything. Expect more delays, walkouts & protests over disputes by Parliament.

Just vote on it.

Now vote...damn it...vote.

I have to disagree, they already RV 1170 to 1166, so state This new development along with the cancellation of the National Conference will kill any chances of a RV in near future. is just false!! JMO Respectfully!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I have to disagree, they already RV 1170 to 1166, so state This new development along with the cancellation of the National Conference will kill any chances of a RV in near future. is just false!! JMO Respectfully!!

This is just my view...The budget & tarrif agrements must be passed by Parliament before Iraq can be re-instated back into the WTO & move forward on Article 8 & C7. This cannot get accomplished if Parliament continues to walk out in protest or delays key Bills. Parliament must do it's part. Events just can't go forward on their own.

Edited by Luigi1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This is just my view...The budget & tarrif agrements must be passed by Parliament before Iraq can be re-instated back into the WTO & move forward on Article 8 & C7. This cannot get accomplished if Parliament continues to walk out in protest or delays key Bills. Parliament must do it's part. Events just can't go forward on their own.

Budget passed soon to be published, Tariffs start in June, we are now waiting GOI appointments, Gas and Oil law!! Chapter 7 with Kuwait!! :D

• Upvote 5

I just read this as a comment on what the consequences could be if Ebril isn't implemented fully, and I think that we more than understand that scenario :rolleyes:

Like many of our politicians here in the West, they seem to get paid for stating the blindingly obvious :D

• Upvote 1

While Erbil may be an important issue it will not be the end factor.

Iraq will NEVER rv while they are still under ch 7. They could, as the move

from 1170 to 1166 showed us, but they wont make a major change until

ch 7 has been fully removed. The one thing that no Iraqi wants to look like

is Saddam Hussein, and to have a valuable currency while still under sanctions

would make them look exactly like that. That is also why the one thing that Maliki

HAS gotten done was fixing the issues with Kuwait.

• Upvote 2

Whats holding back a revaluation is an uneffective goi and parliament. they bicker and bicker. despite a growth in gdp, they could of quadroupled that growth if they were serious about moving iraq into prosperity. oil companies arent being paid, confusion amongst contracts, lack of enacting laws, the consistent decision to always postpone. There is no urgency, and the economy now reflects that. regional tensions are adding to the mess.

even if everything is worked out ch7, hcl,ministers, erbil.........its still going to take a few years to see if they will honor their decisions and move iraq forward. Any idea of large rv, would not reflect iraqs current economy or situation....so i wouldnt look for a high rv.

in a perfect scenario, where laws are passed in a fast manner and everyones doing their job...iraq would still be pushing it to rv high.

Iraqs economy does not reflect their aspirations. they need five years in high gear for a significant rv to reflect their situation...jmo

Edited by truthful1
  • Upvote 2

I do tend to agree truthful1, sadly.

That was a much easier post to read from you, didn't need any armour on at all :lol:

Thanks.. you wont need any armour anymore. im not going to be analyzing others opinions anymore. im just going to add my 2 cents and continue on.....

Edited by truthful1
  • Upvote 1

IMO; all this crisis is a tactical orchistration. The people voted in the current government on the foundation of the Arbil agreement. They are still waiting on the full implementation. The GOI needs to be very careful with this, especially since the bill for all the armoured cars was voted down. If no Arbil that = No chapter 7 release. The international community does not want to chance another dictatorship in that region.

• Upvote 1

Budget passed soon to be published, Tariffs start in June, we are now waiting GOI appointments, Gas and Oil law!! Chapter 7 with Kuwait!! :D

Sounds good to me! IMO, they are getting things movin, I do not believe they are cancelling the arbil, it sounds kinda like a what if article. Time will tell, couple important dates comin up, 15th, 19th, hopefully we will see some great stuff! Kurds cutting off the oil, imo is gonna push them to do things a little faster.

I would love this to be smoke. But they really are haters of each others religion/cultures. Erbil has to be done. This is the framework of the US when they put this government together. Which it is not complete.

Don't know, they say one thing and do another. We will have rebuttals to this before the day is out.

Maliki is not saying canceled but he wants to change it. And that will really tick off a lot of people. Especially the US and the lives lost for this liberation.

Edited by uncirculd

If the revaluation of the Iraqi dinar is contingent on the actions of Parliament and/or maliki I'm afraid it will never happen. They are completely paralyzed... Inept... And Uniquely unqualified to resolve anything. It's two years after the election and we are still where we were when the elections first took place in March 2010. No hcl, no erbil, no security, still in chp. 7... They couldn't get a dog catcher seated let alone security ministers.

I think the true failure is democracy in a region of the world where democracy just simply cannot work. I think they need a strong-arm dictator who isn't afraid to kill and torture his subjects to get his way, that is what they understand, and unfortunately is how things actually have gotten done successfully in the middle east in the past.

Since the Iraqyia list is Sunni and the rule of law is Shiite, these two groups of people getting together and trying to compromise on these issues that we've been waiting on these last two years is no different than sitting a group of flaming liberals down with ultra conservatives and telling them they have to come up with an abortion law that everybody can be happy with.

If shabs is waiting for the 3 stooges from hell to implement certain things before he pulls the trigger, i feel more and more strongly this may never happen. There is a simple solution really, they just need all new people in Iraq.

• Upvote 2

Is anyone REALLY surprised at this? I am starting to believe that in the end the courts of the world will move in and take it all.

But Jesus said "What go ye into the wilderness to see, a man clothed in soft garment"?. So what did we really expect to see out of these elected officials?

• Upvote 1

If the revaluation of the Iraqi dinar is contingent on the actions of Parliament and/or maliki I'm afraid it will never happen. They are completely paralyzed... Inept... And Uniquely unqualified to resolve anything. It's two years after the election and we are still where we were when the elections first took place in March 2010. No hcl, no erbil, no security, still in chp. 7... They couldn't get a dog catcher seated let alone security ministers.

I think the true failure is democracy in a region of the world where democracy just simply cannot work. I think they need a strong-arm dictator who isn't afraid to kill and torture his subjects to get his way, that is what they understand, and unfortunately is how things actually have gotten done successfully in the middle east in the past.

Since the Iraqyia list is Sunni and the rule of law is Shiite, these two groups of people getting together and trying to compromise on these issues that we've been waiting on these last two years is no different than sitting a group of flaming liberals down with ultra conservatives and telling them they have to come up with an abortion law that everybody can be happy with.

If shabs is waiting for the 3 stooges from hell to implement certain things before he pulls the trigger, i feel more and more strongly this may never happen. There is a simple solution really, they just need all new people in Iraq.

Totally agree.

Western democracy is just not tailored to their culture and likely would never last long in that environment.

I believe it is just a matter of time until Iraq reverts back to despotism.

It is the only way to get anything done over there.

Unfortunately the despot who gains power will not likely be a nice guy who cares more for his country than for his own power, pride, and delusions of grandeur.

GP

• Upvote 1

it will rv the same time the new currency is made public ..when they have all the coins ,,single dinars ..5dinar notes 10 dinar notes ... only then will it rv ..they must be able to do buisness in the market place ....watch for the new currency to be released .. you will know your rate then and it will be finalized then .. they have proved they can control inflation .. and their govt and banking sector is working and in place ..i honestly think its impossible to do without new currency break downs ..new quarter coins,,,1/2 dinar coins..ect......thats my story and im sticking to it...im looking for this to be the year ...last year dr.jay said it wouldnt happen till october 2012 .. everyone laughed at him and you know dogged him ..we will see

If the revaluation of the Iraqi dinar is contingent on the actions of Parliament and/or maliki I'm afraid it will never happen.

Not true. Maliki's term is up Feb 2014 and as per the constitution he can't run a 3rd time. Yes, not a nice thought but a worse case scenario to have way back in the smallest corner of your mind. :)