Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

News: Kuwait is not a hand out of Iraq from Chapter VII

yota691

"News": Kuwait is not a hand out of Iraq from Chapter VII

Monday 03/05/2012 11:12

Iraqi Prime Minister

119933.jpg

ASHA - The Kuwaiti media sources informed that Kuwait is not a hand out or into Iraq to Chapter VII, but the decision is up to the United Nations, pointing out that the implementation of its obligations towards Iraq fully to Kuwait will automatically exit from Chapter VII.

The sources told the "news" of Kuwait, that the discussions Maliki with Kuwaiti officials during a visit beginning on 14 March will focus on bilateral relations as well as the outstanding issues between the two countries, especially the one port of Mubarak the Great, who confirmed "that he is and will remain and work takes place now and will not stop." .

Iraq has been under since 1990 to the seventh item in the Charter of the United Nations under the decision of the Security Council of the United Nations over the invasion of the former Iraqi regime of Kuwait at that year, Iraq remains under Tailth because of the survival of some outstanding issues between the two countries such as the remains of prisoners and missing Kuwaitis in Iraq and the Kuwaiti archives and compensation of oil, burning oil wells in addition to the freezing of financial assets in Iraq, international banks to pay compensation to those affected by the sweep.

The Iraqi government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh confirmed that the visit of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki to Kuwait will be the middle of this March, and considered that the opportunities for cooperation between the two countries is strong, Iraq is still owed about $ 25 billion, of which 24 billion for Kuwait, and consists debt of Kuwait, on Iraq losses suffered by the oil sector in Kuwait, in addition to losses suffered by government ministries and buildings during the invasion of Iraq, Baghdad says that Iraq still subject to Chapter VII, "restricts the country and affect its independence."

On the other hand, denied the Undersecretary of the Ministry of the Interior Assistant Undersecretary for the security of the Kuwaiti border, Major General Sheikh Mohammed Yousuf as reported by local media and external on the launch of a patrol of the General Directorate of Coast Guard fire on an Iraqi fishing boat, and the arrest of its crew, and the reservation to the boat, pointing out that the incident took place yesterday morning .

The Al Yousuf to that show that the fishing boat Iraqi, carrying 11 sailors, was informed his commander that he committed the offense entering the territorial waters of Kuwait, pointing out that the forces of the Coast Guard dealt respectfully with the Iraqi sailors, Venqlthm with their boat to a sites overall management of the Coast Guard to take action legal, adding that the leaders of "Coast Guard" notified the Iraqi side of the accident and provided him with the names of Iraqi sailors, and agreed with them on their boat turned over when the fourth afternoon in one of the points in the marine waters. http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ar&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moheet.com%2F2012%2F03%2F05%2F%25D8%25A7%25D9%2584%25D8%25A3%25D9%2586%25D8%25A8%25D8%25A7%25D8%25A1-%25D8%25

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 1

***///

Don't tell me these cats are still at loggerheads over this CHVII thing because of some

fisherman's lack of directional skills....?! WTF :angry:

They're back to '***-fer'tattin' over who's more beholden to whom and it's a NO-WIN GAME!

C'mon you jerks! Git over yerselves - man up - let it go and DO IT ALREADY!

Who's gonna look like the bigger jerk at the Arab Bro Party over this quibbling....?

I know its not popular to hear, but I still am under the assumption that Ch. 7e will not be considered for lifting until the next big UN reviw of it in June, where the full UN can have an official vote on it. I think the UN representaqtion at the Summit will praise Iraq for their continued efforts but I just think there are too many things that wil not be done by the end of March for the UN to lift a 20+ year old sanction. Its just my opinion of course but I am a realist that uses both the news and my own sources in country and politics to base my opinion. I dont think we possibly can image the extent of the things that need done to remove Ch 7, but we do kjnow that Iraq is working at it (at their own pace of course) and this, I feel, is what will be acknowledged at the Summit.

Edited by jas428
  • Upvote 2

I know its not popular to hear, but I still am under the assumption that Ch. 7e will not be considered for lifting until the next big UN reviw of it in June, where the full UN can have an official vote on it. I think the UN representaqtion at the Summit will praise Iraq for their continued efforts but I just think there are too many things that wil not be done by the end of March for the UN to lift a 20+ year old sanction. Its just my opinion of course but I am a realist that uses both the news and my own sources in country and politics to base my opinion. I dont think we possibly can image the extent of the things that need done to remove Ch 7, but we do kjnow that Iraq is working at it (at their own pace of course) and this, I feel, is what will be acknowledged at the Summit.

I look at this way on Chapter 7, Iraq RV Kuwait gets paid!! Like it stated the decision is up to the United Nations!! Its all about the Port now!! JMO

Sources: Port of Mubarak is settled and will not discuss it with al-Maliki

Sources told the «News» Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki will arrive in Kuwait on 14 this, hoping that this visit strengthens ties between the two countries to be normal relations and good and far from any tension.

Regarding the files to be discussed by al-Maliki, the sources said that the discussions will focus on bilateral relations as well as the outstanding issues between the two countries.

Sources and by asking whether the file will be discussed Port Mubarak, said: There is nothing we are discussing in this topic, and the port of Mubarak is and will remain and work is currently being.

As for the Iraqi demands on the withdrawal of Iraq from Chapter VII, if raised Maliki this subject, said the sources that Kuwait is not a hand out of Iraq or into Chapter VII, but the decision is up to the United Nations, pointing to Iraq's implementation of full its obligations to Kuwait would lead to his release automatically from the Chapter VII.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ar&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.alanba.com.kw%2FAbsoluteNMNEW%2Ftemplates%2Flocal2010.aspx%3Farticleid%3D272690%26zoneid%3D14

jas428, I agree with you totally because what you're saying makes alot of sense, but for the sake of the country i pray they lift the sanctions off of Iraq.

This may be recycled news from 2011. Is it the same boat carrying the same 11 sailers from 2011 that were seized? I thought that Kuwait was only owed about 18 Billion. I have read many recent articles stating this 18 Billion figure and not the 24 billion figure. Can anybody back me on these assumptions?

Ok, does Iraq owe a total of 25B and of that 25B, 24B is owed to Kuwait? This article translation is a little confusing.

The Iraqi government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh confirmed that the visit of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki to Kuwait will be the middle of this March, and considered that the opportunities for cooperation between the two countries is strong, Iraq is still owed about $ 25 billion, of which 24 billion for Kuwait, and consists debt of Kuwait, on Iraq losses suffered by the oil sector in Kuwait, in addition to losses suffered by government ministries and buildings during the invasion of Iraq, Baghdad says that Iraq still subject to Chapter VII, "restricts the country and affect its independence."

Read more:

This may be recycled news from 2011. Is it the same boat carrying the same 11 sailers from 2011 that were seized? I thought that Kuwait was only owed about 18 Billion. I have read many recent articles stating this 18 Billion figure and not the 24 billion figure. Can anybody back me on these assumptions?

Unless they are talking about something else, that number should be a little lower... According to the United Nations Compensation Commission there is only about $17 billion USD left to be paid - LINK

There is also an article from late January that states the amount to be about $17 billion as well - LINK

Probably September just as stated by CBI.

I'm really liking this. If Maliki can play nice with Kuwait Ch-7 can finally be lifted. This young month has been chocked full of good stuff... I can't wait to see what the coming weeks bring.

I am worried about this. Kuwait just had their elections and the majority is not Iraq friendly. Hopefully the Iraq delegation will soften Malikis visit. Maybe I am over reacting.

Probably September just as stated by CBI.

Yeah Ban Ki Moon will be at the summit. The did mention it would be part of one of the agendas. So they could possibly get out of chap 7 if they make good kuwait and kuwait is satisfied. They need to give Iraq a break. Some things they have worked diligently on this. But Maliki was chastised by the UN french delegate that they have not put forth an honest effort. But now there is pressure from the parliament and Maliki is actually ready to be a total sovereign country. Not that I like the idea of him being the PM, but it is what it is.

I am worried about this. Kuwait just had their elections and the majority is not Iraq friendly. Hopefully the Iraq delegation will soften Malikis visit. Maybe I am over reacting.

Wouldn't worry much about that, considering the government that Kuwait has revolves around their Emir. If he is happy with Iraq, then the politicians would be wise to be happy as well. The Emir can disband their government at any time that he chooses, it is still a monarchy after all.

Yeah Ban Ki Moon will be at the summit. The did mention it would be part of one of the agendas. So they could possibly get out of chap 7 if they make good kuwait and kuwait is satisfied. They need to give Iraq a break. Some things they have worked diligently on this. But Maliki was chastised by the UN french delegate that they have not put forth an honest effort. But now there is pressure from the parliament and Maliki is actually ready to be a total sovereign country. Not that I like the idea of him being the PM, but it is what it is.

Wouldn't be worried too much about Kuwait's stance on things... They are still a monarchy, so as long as the Emir is happy the rest of the government would be smart to be 'happy' as well... :lol:

Unfortunately for Iraq, Kuwait's position on everything may or may not have much of an influence on the UNSC. Since Kuwait doesn't actually have a vote in the say of what the UNSC does, they may be able to say 'we are satisfied', but it still would come down to the 5 big boys and 4 of the others of the UNSC being satisfied enough to get Iraq out of Ch7.

Edited by HopefulTxn