Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq Currency Redenomination Job

alan_coaks_3

***///

I blame Amadininut.

Him and his lunatic Imams are responsible for all the evil in the region.

Look no further than THEM supporting this sort of thing - desperate freaks.

(greedy pigs probably set up the counterfeiting machines in their nuke silo.)

If they have sanctions on 'em, they don't want anybody buyin' Iraqi oil, only theirs...

so they're out to undermine Iraq's chance at a healthy fiscal future.

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ

Job vacancy : Currency Redenomination Advisor/Consultant (Ankara, Turkey)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Accounting.Currency Redenomination Advisor/Consultant in Ankara, Turkey

On behalf of The U.S. Treasury Department, Metrica, Inc. is recruiting an adviser who is required to provide technical assistance to the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) on physical features of their new redenominated currency. After many challenges, the CBI has succeeded in achieving monetary stability in Iraq and intends to celebrate this accomplishment by removing three zeros from its currency, so that 1.17 redenominated dinars will be worth one USD instead of the current 1,170 Iraqi dinars being worth one USD. This also occurs at a time when the existing stock of dinars is old and in need of being replaced.

Expertise is needed to assist the CBI in selecting the size dimensions and especially the security features of the new currency. Counterfeiting has been a longstanding problem facing Iraq. Meanwhile, rapid technical change has resulted in many improvements in the security features available for bank notes. The adviser must have experience in these areas and be on top of the current state of bank note security issues. The adviser should also be very knowledgeable in the area of bank note costs to assist the CBI in achieving the most cost-effective features of the new bank notes and to be able to evaluate proposals submitted to the CBI by global currency printers.

Compensation: Based on Experience

Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.

Please, no phone calls about this job!

Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests

http://jobcareerboar...-ankara-turkey/

I hope this is true.

celebrate this accomplishment by removing three zeros from its currency, so that 1.17 redenominated dinars will be worth one USD instead of the current 1,170 Iraqi dinars being worth one USD. This also occurs at a time when the existing stock of dinars is old and in need of being replaced.

There are no zeros in 1170 and even if it were true the current value is 1165 not 1170.

If they were so connected to the CBI you would think that they would get the current rate straight?

Has anyone actually thought of applying for this Job ? If anything , for purposes of fact finding.

Yeah, I checked on it. The position is filled. It went to some guy that had an old 1989 Epson laser printer, plenty of ink-cartridges, and some old bond paper-stock. :lol:

• Upvote 1

FreckledFuzz, do you think there could be something to this? It just seems so bizarre that a rate would be posted in a Help Wanted Add.

Well thats most likely what the new rate would/will be if they delete the zeros....thats how us speculators are coming up with that rate as well....and thats how its worked for other countries when they have done the same....

• Upvote 1

Imo, iraq is being to specific with details. i believe this is a real job ad. there is no reason to use this to curb speculators. there is a million other ways, and one way is to say nothing at all. Im starting to move to the center again on this rd topic.this just makes no sense at all, unless there being serious.

truthful1, It is hard for me to believe that they would need to post a add to find these type of qualified individuals, these people are very specific to their classifications and IMO are found thru other means. Craig’s List and some job placement web based format, not for a high level currency position. Maybe thru a head hunter that specifically places these type or official government placement based platform but not Craig’s List for god sakes!!!

It may be true but I don’t buy it yet so I’m doing my own checking and will let my team know. Don't jump ship so fast truthful1, I’m starting to think you to be article sensitive....and you're better than that dude..

I have to admit if I hired a company to advise and initiate a nations currency and they had to put a wanted to hire add......I would move on to a company that has actual people already there to get the job done.

Personally I don't think this is a real deal, for one lack of professionalism and two, they have the exchange rate wrong.

I agree Stryker.....

*** Merged Topics ***

Job vacancy : Currency Redenomination Advisor/Consultant (Ankara, Turkey)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Accounting.Currency Redenomination Advisor/Consultant in Ankara, Turkey

On behalf of The U.S. Treasury Department, Metrica, Inc. is recruiting an adviser who is required to provide technical assistance to the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) on physical features of their new redenominated currency. After many challenges, the CBI has succeeded in achieving monetary stability in Iraq and intends to celebrate this accomplishment by removing three zeros from its currency, so that 1.17 redenominated dinars will be worth one USD instead of the current 1,170 Iraqi dinars being worth one USD. This also occurs at a time when the existing stock of dinars is old and in need of being replaced.

Expertise is needed to assist the CBI in selecting the size dimensions and especially the security features of the new currency. Counterfeiting has been a longstanding problem facing Iraq. Meanwhile, rapid technical change has resulted in many improvements in the security features available for bank notes. The adviser must have experience in these areas and be on top of the current state of bank note security issues. The adviser should also be very knowledgeable in the area of bank note costs to assist the CBI in achieving the most cost-effective features of the new bank notes and to be able to evaluate proposals submitted to the CBI by global currency printers.

Compensation: Based on Experience

Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.

Please, no phone calls about this job!

http://jobcareerboar...-ankara-turkey/

Edited by Markinsa
Merged Topics
  • Upvote 4

Well, I clicked on the contact info on the link. It took me to Metrica which appears to be a U.S. based company that does logistical and IT support worldwide. They do have some US Government contracts but I wasn't able to tell if any of them are related to the US Treasury. They also have a some capacity using ex-pats for reloaction or services in countries worldwide. Can't speak to the authenticity of the job posting or its content, can only tell you what I found out about the company purportedly posting this job.

Click on the link then at the bottom of the posting you can see the web address and check out the company for yourselves.

Edited by Tirebiter
  • Upvote 1

***///

PSYCH, the relevance of this post escapes you at the moment.

read earlier post re: same job type in Turkey we've been pickin' at all week.

That oughtta bring ya up t' speed.

You were'nt thinkin' about applyin' fer this were ya?... :P

***///

TIRE - quit clickin on stuff w/ possible gov linkage...

you're already more in the eye of the feds than anyone oughtta be! :P

Need t' fly under the radar like 'Ol Sarge! :ph34r:B):ph34r::ph34r:

• Upvote 1

I am very suspicious of this. The second paragraph is describing things that should be discussed, and decided, with the bank note company, not some in-house advisor. Granted my experience is as the middle person between major companies needing packaging, labels, point of purchase (POP) materials, etc. on a major scale (we are talking millions of units not thousands here) ... and the printing and binding and manufacturing firms that would do the work. As the designer I was in the middle. I had to know what the customers needed, and what the producer can supply, and be sure the design features were workable for both.

I sincerely doubt that any situation as described in the "job offering" would be in-house. Nope. Things just don't work that way in the real corporate world. Manufacturing is not like sitting as a desk and writing reports, it is a hands on, steep learning curve, type of work that can be handled best by an expert, who has learned how to deal with the other experts involved in the concept stage right through to the finished product and sometimes even on to delivery, setup, and event planning if that is part of the whole scheme.

Just my opinion, but based on thirty years of doing just exactly this kind of cooordinating work.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

***///

PSYCH, the relevance of this post escapes you at the moment.

read earlier post re: same job type in Turkey we've been pickin' at all week.

That oughtta bring ya up t' speed.

You were'nt thinkin' about applyin' fer this were ya?... :P

***///

TIRE - quit clickin on stuff w/ possible gov linkage...

you're already more in the eye of the feds than anyone oughtta be! :P

Need t' fly under the radar like 'Ol Sarge! :ph34r:B):ph34r::ph34r:

How ya feeling Sarge? Glad to see you back among us buddy!

My linkage needs adjusting. :lol:

Edited by Tirebiter