Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What has happen to this Forum?

Tiffany23

I have ran across many posts that turn my stomach and I am not just talking about politics.............................. I have yet to see a political topic that prior to opening it, gave me a clear idea that it is not political. If a thread bothers you please don't open it. And if there is any name calling or bashing, please report it.

I do hope this is not an attempt to stir up trouble???/angry.gif

Just my humble opinion!!!

Carla

I totally agree!

If a topic isn't for me then I just don't read it. Everyone comes here with their own agenda and as long as it doesn't violate the site rules who are you to say what should be posted. Of course, that's just my opinion...oh wait...maybe that shouldn't be allowed either!

• Upvote 4

I agree with Tiff on one part - the "Off Topic" forum has become the default place for Politics.

I've toyed with the idea of creating a new forum. Politics and Conspiracy Theories do tend to go hand in hand...

... but before I'd agree to add a Forum Category like that, I need to give it some thought.

Those topics tend to get VERY heated, and I don't want to "invite" heated arguments into this site.

I think you all know that harsh feelings from the politics section would end up spilling into the rest of the site.

I'm on the fence here. But I want you to know I am aware of the situation, and I am giving it some consideration.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

I agree with Tiff on one part - the "Off Topic" forum has become the default place for Politics.

I've toyed with the idea of creating a new forum. Politics and Conspiracy Theories do tend to go hand in hand...

... but before I'd agree to add a Forum Category like that, I need to give it some thought.

Those topics tend to get VERY heated, and I don't want to "invite" heated arguments into this site.

I think you all know that harsh feelings from the politics section would end up spilling into the rest of the site.

I'm on the fence here. But I want you to know I am aware of the situation, and I am giving it some consideration.

Thax Adam..for always staying on top & bottom ( :lmao: ) of the betterment for us all :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

There is a need for mental exercise and to sharpen personal thought. I agree that there are too many people on here who are just plain rude. Some responses are in the same arena as "takes one to know one' or 'your momma wears army boots'. I like to discuss political items since this is my country and the lack of true discussions of issues is one thing that is killing our country. But there needs to be proper discussion. Our political leaders do enough garbage talk without real discussion.

Adam,

I respect you, your thoughts and opinions. Keep in mind that there will always be a small few that will create conflict. Allow them to post as long as they are not grossly offensive to other members. You can try to accommodate the masses. At the end of the day most of the members are mature and able to debate in a kind way.

In my view the site should remain as is.

Ski

• Upvote 5

Adam,

I respect you, your thoughts and opinions. Keep in mind that there will always be a small few that will create conflict. Allow them to post as long as they are not grossly offensive to other members. You can try to accommodate the masses. At the end of the day most of the members are mature and able to debate in a kind way.

In my view the site should remain as is.

Ski

Yes, I agree. Why make all these modifications. It will merely open the door for any group demanding a separate category for their topics and their point of view. Before you know it, the site will have 53 separate categories in alphabetical order. Rediculous. Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but I agree with the method of thinking that we are all mature enough to take the good with the bad and discard what doesn't "jive" with our structure. I like the site the way it is, everything is departmentalized enough and I see no need to cause Adam additional work by adding additional sections.

• Upvote 5

No need to change anything. Off Topic Forum is perfect for Off topic topics. So if you would like to read some off topic stuff you know where to go. Just because the Off Topic Forum has picked up publicity does not mean a change is needed. This is a Dinar Forum and there is a Off Topic for the Dinar Forum. Simple.

• Upvote 4

I really don't care either way. What I did notice was in four pages of posts Tiff23 never came back to chime in. If I started a thread like this I would be back with a reply. Not even a thank you to Adam for answering. Makes me think it was just to stir the pot.

Just my :twocents:

• Upvote 4

To all Mr montana you shouldn't have to be a baby sitter,to everyone else you should know the difference between what is right and wrong to post and you should use commen sense in your postings.. Everyone has priorities in their lives which do not match up with their nieghbors point of view,so if you don't like it ignore it as we may not like your posts or topics and that;s what we do ignore it

• Upvote 1

Absolutely simple..........Don't like a topic........DON'T CLICK IT! Want to cry about a topic, go somewhere else, you had enough interest to click it, it's your own fault, no one else to blame. I don't want to read about lesbianism and atheism or anything else against GOD, I DON'T CLICK IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Therefore, I don't have to B**ch about it. If I click something that ends up in the "I don't want to read this" section, I don't complain about the poster, I back out and go elsewhere. Try it out.

• Upvote 6

Absolutely simple..........Don't like a topic........DON'T CLICK IT! Want to cry about a topic, go somewhere else, you had enough interest to click it, it's your own fault, no one else to blame. I don't want to read about lesbianism and atheism or anything else against GOD, I DON'T CLICK IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Therefore, I don't have to B**ch about it. If I click something that ends up in the "I don't want to read this" section, I don't complain about the poster, I back out and go elsewhere. Try it out.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you said it best!!!

• Upvote 2

Typical liberalism...wanting to ban things they dont like. So much for the party of tolerance and diversity. They are the first ones to want to shut you up when you say things they disagree with.

I for one joined up here for information on DINARS. Not adult humor, lesbianism, religious study or the lack there of etc. Those posts i simply consciously pass over and don't read.

You're right!!!!!!! For a minute I thought I was in Venezuela, Cuba Or Iran where they ban you from speaking out!

• Upvote 2

May I remind you who are fortunate enough to have an ear to hear because of the intellectually honest heart you were by grace given, that the Holy Spirit already prophesied to you that these very things would be said and done by the "world" you now find yourself surrounded by in these "last days," and that you should instead take the high road because you also recall that you are in this world but not of it. This is not your home. It's theirs. Remain on the narrow, conservative path, amen?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

It was an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini ... oops sorry ... I have strange music going round in my head these days. Must be the new meds.

Well, without getting into the teeny weeny bits and pieces of this ... oh, maybe that's where it came from ... without getting into that, I have an seen that no amount of protestation will stop three kinds of posters: political, religious, and conspipracy.

Many of the religion based posts and comments let a person know before entering what they are, especially ones asking for a specific prayer request. Conspiracy theory posters seem to think we all know what they are going to post before it even gets on the page and their headlines are fairly off and on when it comes to content of post.

But the political stuff ... not all, no, I am not say all, but some, many some, seem to revel in posting headlines that are so ambivalous as to be seductive. They draw you in. Some even post something that the reader doesn't realize is political diatribe until they get a few sentences into it. THAT I disagree with a lot. If you are posting bash-Obama, let me know that before I click.

Personally, I prefer the idea that Tiff suggested, asking Adam to make a forum that is for political stuff, good, bad, or indifferent. Let them have their own place.

But I can tell you now what would happen. They won't abide by the rules. Didn't you know that those people who know so much better than the others don't have to abide by rules? Of course not. They are the free world's chosen mudslingers. If they were to post in a politics-only forum they would lose their most important audience ... the ones they are trying to convince.

Considering how many people post here who are not American, and haven't the faintest desire to debate American politics, and have no interest in bashing Obama or any of his compatriots, I am a little surprised that there hasn't been an uprising to let the political bashers have their own forum ... Politics, or American Political Realities for the Politicallly Uneducated in Need of Enlightenment by a Political ... well we won't finish that one.

I respect pretty well everyone here. And most people, if they can stick to the dinar and Iraq related topics, post and comment on jokes, join prayer requests, share news and views in general, not harping on politics ... most of them are a good read, or a welcome chuckle, or a reaffirmation that people are basically good. But this political mudslinging has had me so close to just walking away ... but I would miss the good things about the site then. (TIFF being one of them)

So, has anyone actually asked Adam Montana if he would consider starting a new forum for political postings? I had thought of it once but then the RV seemed so close I figured it wasn't worth the bother. But since things have not worked out that way yet, maybe it is worth the bother.

Tiff? You feel like doing the honours? You can use me as at least one who supports you there.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 13

Adam, it's not necessary to waste your time creating a new forum. The cry babys will still find their way into the new forum and after reading a few things they didn't like, they'd start a thread with the title "What has Happened to this Forum" and piss & moan about the same garbage because the simple fact is their lives are so morally bankrupt they cannot help themselves but walk into the trap and read posts they clearly should pass on by. These people live for the drama and thrive on causing trouble. It is sad

• Upvote 7

... These people live for the drama and thrive on causing trouble. It is sad

Ahem ... excuse me Mr. Expert, sir. You think you know "these people" who are complaining about the posting of agendas. But you don't know me at all. To start with I do not live for the "drama" as you put it. And I most certainly do not thrive on causing trouble ... I try very hard NOT to cause trouble.

Now, if you knew WHY I am upset by the political garbage being dumped all over this site, perhaps you would understand (thought I sincerely doubt it) But I'll tell you anyway.

I happen to believe that Americans should show some support for their highest elected official, and respect the office. If they cannot do that, they should zip their lip and be the ones to pass on by. As a non-American, I am privy to the thoughts and feelings of other non-Americans and perhaps you are so ensconced in America the bright and beautiful, that you don't realize how the rest of the world sees you. At least, at lot of the rest of the world ... wouldn't want to use any absolute terms, as the bashing posters oft times do. What we, of the other half of the world that is not American ... what we see is a country that is so screwed up they don't know what they want. They boost a man out of almost obscurity to place him in the Whitehouse and then spend the next three and a half years or so bashing him over the head and demanding change. If it isn't one half of your population doing this, it is the other.

Oh, I know, most countries have their own denigrating factor, people who put politicians down. But for some reason the Americans want to do it in Bold Type and Above The Fold. This lack of respect is something Americans are known for. It is one of the reasons that students touring through Europe will sew the Canadian Maple Leaf on their jackets or backpacks ... they don't want to be immediately identified as Americans. Let their host countries find out they are nice people and then they will admit to being American. No, I have not made this up and sorry there is no link. Only many years of experience, on both sides of the ocean, and in many situations.

It is the lack of respect combined with the belief that the person doing the bashing knows better than everyone else and is bringing them something they couldn't possibly figure out for themselves, and he must educate them. Shoving it down their throats!

If they could do that here with a headline that stated bold as brass that it is a political posting, or an anti-politician posting, fine. That gives me the chance to ignore it though seeing half of the headlines all bashing makes one feel somewhat nauseous ... where did all this distrust and hate come from anyway?

But contrary to what is often said, the headlines do not always indicate a political bashing post. I for one, and I am not the only one, find it disgusting.

I know, you would have me just pull my head in under my shell and pretend it doesn't exist. But it does. And it has taken the off topic forum and changed it to something that is so full of hate and blatant ignorance, that it is difficult to even want to post there myself. I do not post bashing or troublesome stuff, by the way. I try to post a chuckle now and then or something interesting to everyone, hopefully. And that is what a lot of us would like to have it be again.

smee2

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Smee2

So, has anyone actually asked Adam Montana if he would consider starting a new forum for political postings? I had thought of it once but then the RV seemed so close I figured it wasn't worth the bother. But since things have not worked out that way yet, maybe it is worth the bother.

I can see you haven't read the all the posts. I forgot already what page( I read 4 pages earlier), but Adam replied to this thread. Said he was on the fence with this and needed time to think about it. :)

Still no reply from O.P. to me that is odd.

Smee2

I can see you haven't read the all the posts. I forgot already what page( I read 4 pages earlier), but Adam replied to this thread. Said he was on the fence with this and needed time to think about it. :)

Still no reply from O.P. to me that is odd.

My bad the O.P. did to reply just not on this thread. My apologies.

It was an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini ... oops sorry ... I have strange music going round in my head these days. Must be the new meds.

Well, without getting into the teeny weeny bits and pieces of this ... oh, maybe that's where it came from ... without getting into that, I have an seen that no amount of protestation will stop three kinds of posters: political, religious, and conspipracy.

Many of the religion based posts and comments let a person know before entering what they are, especially ones asking for a specific prayer request. Conspiracy theory posters seem to think we all know what they are going to post before it even gets on the page and their headlines are fairly off and on when it comes to content of post.

But the political stuff ... not all, no, I am not say all, but some, many some, seem to revel in posting headlines that are so ambivalous as to be seductive. They draw you in. Some even post something that the reader doesn't realize is political diatribe until they get a few sentences into it. THAT I disagree with a lot. If you are posting bash-Obama, let me know that before I click.

Personally, I prefer the idea that Tiff suggested, asking Adam to make a forum that is for political stuff, good, bad, or indifferent. Let them have their own place.

But I can tell you now what would happen. They won't abide by the rules. Didn't you know that those people who know so much better than the others don't have to abide by rules? Of course not. They are the free world's chosen mudslingers. If they were to post in a politics-only forum they would lose their most important audience ... the ones they are trying to convince.

Considering how many people post here who are not American, and haven't the faintest desire to debate American politics, and have no interest in bashing Obama or any of his compatriots, I am a little surprised that there hasn't been an uprising to let the political bashers have their own forum ... Politics, or American Political Realities for the Politicallly Uneducated in Need of Enlightenment by a Political ... well we won't finish that one.

I respect pretty well everyone here. And most people, if they can stick to the dinar and Iraq related topics, post and comment on jokes, join prayer requests, share news and views in general, not harping on politics ... most of them are a good read, or a welcome chuckle, or a reaffirmation that people are basically good. But this political mudslinging has had me so close to just walking away ... but I would miss the good things about the site then. (TIFF being one of them)

Tiff? You feel like doing the honours? You can use me as at least one who supports you there.

:)

smee2

With all due respect, I have to disagree. There is such a wide range of things posted in 'Off Topic' that it doesn't make sense to change where political stuff is posted. Here's an idea, maybe there should be a 'Jokes & Funnies' section! Tiff usually posts nonsense stuff & she has never posted anything I've thought to be interesting enough to read.

Secondly, people who post funnies tend to be extremely misleading in their titles. If there was a 'Funnies' section, well informed readers would not be duped into reading jokes. JMO (on a side note: all this IMO, IMHO, & JMO is pretty funny...I feel like I have to put it in everything so I won't step on any toes. Of course it's my opinion...who's else would it be!)

Maybe an rv will happen soon & this won't even be a concern.

• Upvote 2

Ahem ... excuse me Mr. Expert, sir. You think you know "these people" who are complaining about the posting of agendas. But you don't know me at all. To start with I do not live for the "drama" as you put it. And I most certainly do not thrive on causing trouble ... I try very hard NOT to cause trouble.

Now, if you knew WHY I am upset by the political garbage being dumped all over this site, perhaps you would understand (thought I sincerely doubt it) But I'll tell you anyway.

I happen to believe that Americans should show some support for their highest elected official, and respect the office. If they cannot do that, they should zip their lip and be the ones to pass on by. As a non-American, I am privy to the thoughts and feelings of other non-Americans and perhaps you are so ensconced in America the bright and beautiful, that you don't realize how the rest of the world sees you. At least, at lot of the rest of the world ... wouldn't want to use any absolute terms, as the bashing posters oft times do. What we, of the other half of the world that is not American ... what we see is a country that is so screwed up they don't know what they want. They boost a man out of almost obscurity to place him in the Whitehouse and then spend the next three and a half years or so bashing him over the head and demanding change. If it isn't one half of your population doing this, it is the other.

Oh, I know, most countries have their own denigrating factor, people who put politicians down. But for some reason the Americans want to do it in Bold Type and Above The Fold. This lack of respect is something Americans are known for. It is one of the reasons that students touring through Europe will sew the Canadian Maple Leaf on their jackets or backpacks ... they don't want to be immediately identified as Americans. Let their host countries find out they are nice people and then they will admit to being American. No, I have not made this up and sorry there is no link. Only many years of experience, on both sides of the ocean, and in many situations.

It is the lack of respect combined with the belief that the person doing the bashing knows better than everyone else and is bringing them something they couldn't possibly figure out for themselves, and he must educate them. Shoving it down their throats!

If they could do that here with a headline that stated bold as brass that it is a political posting, or an anti-politician posting, fine. That gives me the chance to ignore it though seeing half of the headlines all bashing makes one feel somewhat nauseous ... where did all this distrust and hate come from anyway?

But contrary to what is often said, the headlines do not always indicate a political bashing post. I for one, and I am not the only one, find it disgusting.

I know, you would have me just pull my head in under my shell and pretend it doesn't exist. But it does. And it has taken the off topic forum and changed it to something that is so full of hate and blatant ignorance, that it is difficult to even want to post there myself. I do not post bashing or troublesome stuff, by the way. I try to post a chuckle now and then or something interesting to everyone, hopefully. And that is what a lot of us would like to have it be again.

smee2

Well i suppose now we'll need a seperate sub-forum for every subject, right? We wouldn't want to hurt anyones feelings now wouldnt we? You can defend Tiff as much as you'd like, there are those that consider her posts a complete waste of bandwidth. Why don't you direct your comments towards her? You obviously enjoy reading her drivel about atheism, lesbianism, and other non-dinar topics. Well i for one do not. I pass over that garbage and dont read it. I never started a thread whining about it. You, just as everyone else who doesn't care for a topic, you ought to skip over it. Pretty simple really

• Upvote 6

There is no dif between the lesbian, socialist, atheistic, dribble constantly posted

by you. Though were not considered as, enlightened, as you liberals we have as much

right to post views as others. Funny how only libs try to suppress differing points of opinions.

The problem with you tiff is that over time what you have gotten from others because of your

beauty is lost in the emptiness of your social rhetoric. But that's the good thing about libs,

in the end there true colors always show.

Many of us click and read...speaking for myself, click, read, and leave without comment. You know nothing nice to say and all...

+1 for you