Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What has happen to this Forum?

Tiffany23

Typical liberalism...wanting to ban things they dont like. So much for the party of tolerance and diversity. They are the first ones to want to shut you up when you say things they disagree with.

I for one joined up here for information on DINARS. Not adult humor, lesbianism, religious study or the lack there of etc. Those posts i simply consciously pass over and don't read.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

Typical liberalism...wanting to ban things they dont like. So much for the party of tolerance and diversity. They are the first ones to want to shut you up when you say things they disagree with.

I for one joined up here for information on DINARS. Not adult humor, lesbianism, religious study or the lack there of etc. Those posts i simply consciously pass over and don't read.

same here +1

• Upvote 1

While i often find myself thinking WTF on some of the off topic post, and don't agree with some of the more suspect theories. I do think that the post are very easily figured out. You can see pretty clearly from the topic heading where things are going, and if you don't like it you should not read on. I am a conservative and I hope there is a good tree-shaking in the upcoming election, no matter how it falls out. So many people want their voice heard and their opinions to be taken as fact, and with that they often want to suppress differing views. I think that people on both sides of this issue are guilty of this. I will say that trying to hush voices that you don't agree with is not the way to defeat them. If you have a point to make, make it, if you have a piece of information that could enlighten others, please bring it. However, let's not try and segregate people because you don't want to read what they have to say. If you are worried about the heat then avoid the off-topic kitchen.

• Upvote 4

Over the last several months I’ve seen a HUGE difference in what is posted here in the Off Topic Forum and to put it bluntly, it turns my stomach. This use to be a fun and nuturing place to hang out. Where we could post funny items, or ask deep philosophical questions of each other, or send out special announcements of what was going on in each other’s lives. While I do still see some of this, it seems more and more it’s been turn into a political and/or conspiracy venue. Is it me or is the vast majority of postings now Anti-Obama or describing how the Government is allegedly screwing with us?

Who among you wants to read this stuff in ad nauseaum? I certainly don’t. :shakehead:

And the other thing, many of these guys who post this crap (I was going to use another word but it would be censored out) go rabid on you when you ask them to either justify what they are saying or in any way question their opinions. Just recently, Scrumdiddle had the audacity to belittle one of our wisest and kindest members, just because she didn’t agree with him. Enough is enough. :angry:

We’ve lost a lot of good people due to this invasion of yahoos. I therefore ask that those of you, who agree with me, be willing to stand with me now and voice your displeasure with what has happen. Let’s take back our form and make it a FUN place to visit.

In addition, in a perfect world, I’d ask that Mr. Montana please consider making a separate form for those postings that have a political/government spin. If he can do it for other topics such as: Soldier stories and Recipes, then I hope he would be willing to also do something similar for these politics/government items. That way, all these guys can have fun raining on each other's parades and leave the rest of us alone!

What say you?

Tiff :)

What say you? Tiffany had the audacity to belittle her diddle. She's seen a HUGE difference in what, to put it bluntly use to be a fun and nuturing place to hang out. While I do still see some of this, it seems more and more it’s been turn into a deep philosophical questions as it turns my stomach. In addition, I’d ask that Mr. Montana and many of these guys who go rabid on you when you ask them to be willing to stand with me now and make it a FUN place to visit. crap (I was going to use another word but it would be censored out) go rabid on you.Enough is enough. Vice your displeasure with what has happen. Let’s **** Fill in the blank****** 4 correct words wins 100 K (NID). So lets Lets ____ ____ ____ ____. Good luck Yahoos and SCRUMdiddles !!!

With all due respect, we have a choice. Yes there is freedom of speech. I also have to freedom to listen or not. It is just like the TV. If something is on that I do not want to see and hear I choose to "click" it off. Just like this forum. If I see something I do not want to see, I "click" it to something else. Understand that I may be reading a post and some joker will post something way off topic, "click". I agree totally with respectful debate, but when it starts to turn ugly"click". Adam had mentioned in a previous chat of starting a forum for politics. I think that would be great. But what about all the other stuff some people don't want to read? How bout a dirty joke forum, a *** forum, an oleman forum. I am not being serious on these forums, and I am not disrespecting anyone. Just some examples. The rules of the off topic forum says "anything goes" just keep it respectful. So either the entire forum needs to go away or we need to learn how to "click". Oh I almost forgot.......CLICK

• Upvote 1

While i often find myself thinking WTF on some of the off topic post, and don't agree with some of the more suspect theories. I do think that the post are very easily figured out. You can see pretty clearly from the topic heading where things are going, and if you don't like it you should not read on. I am a conservative and I hope there is a good tree-shaking in the upcoming election, no matter how it falls out. So many people want their voice heard and their opinions to be taken as fact, and with that they often want to suppress differing views. I think that people on both sides of this issue are guilty of this. I will say that trying to hush voices that you don't agree with is not the way to defeat them. If you have a point to make, make it, if you have a piece of information that could enlighten others, please bring it. However, let's not try and segregate people because you don't want to read what they have to say. If you are worried about the heat then avoid the off-topic kitchen.

ask for lilsmokies recipes

I think that setting up a forum specifically for politics and conspiracy theories (often go hand in hand, don't they?) is a good idea. Someone else started a thread asking if this could be done recently. No freedom of speech issues that way.

Tiffany - it is unfortunate that you encapsulated the request in a negative rant against the substance of many of the political postings, rather than stating that there have been enough such postings to justify a separate forum.

Peace and Prosperity

• Upvote 2

What say you? Tiffany had the audacity to belittle her diddle. She's seen a HUGE difference in what, to put it bluntly use to be a fun and nuturing place to hang out. While I do still see some of this, it seems more and more it’s been turn into a deep philosophical questions as it turns my stomach. In addition, I’d ask that Mr. Montana and many of these guys who go rabid on you when you ask them to be willing to stand with me now and make it a FUN place to visit. crap (I was going to use another word but it would be censored out) go rabid on you.Enough is enough. Vice your displeasure with what has happen. Let’s **** Fill in the blank****** 4 correct words wins 100 K (NID). So lets Lets ____ ____ ____ ____. Good luck Yahoos and SCUMdiddles !!!

A- ask for Lil Smokies recipe.

B- Go get new batteries.

C- Go to asdf now!

• Upvote 1

Here we go again. Tiff is stirring the pot. Tiffany, I'm sorry that you are disgruntled by some of the posts on this site. Sometimes I run across posts that I disagree with too. I simply leave the thread without negative comment and move on.

As I recall you became angry with me in a certain thread when you were complaining about being a lesbian and how difficult your life was. In fact, you sent me several private confrontational messages simply because I expressed my opinion which was to step out of the closet and move on. DV Land does not revolve around you. Find another forum. This site is intended for those that care to learn and follow our investment and possibly make a few friends along the way.

Take care members!

Go RV. :D

• Upvote 14

More over that is a total blatant disregard for ones liberties. You are rallying to get a stop to certain information that is posted.

What if some people are learning?

What if some people have a change of mind?

What if what is posted really is happening?

What if you stop what is posting and all of it happens?

What if you are taking away liberties from someone because of what you do not like?

What if what you are doing is all that is wrong with the people in the US?

What if one day you get your wish and can curtail any information that you do not like?

What kind of world would it be?

I agree with you!

• Upvote 1

I'm newbie here as a member but have been here for a few months just reading posts, I joined as a VIP member because I liked what I saw.

I see many knowledgeable people here that do a great job bringing the Iraq News over, saves me the time to find it on my own - Thanks DV Family!

I don't bother with the political rhetoric, heck I don't even trust my government.

I feel if something or someone rubs you the wrong way it's kinda like reading a book either get another book or move on to the next chapter.

And

"DropItLikeItsHot" Go RV :D

• Upvote 3

I come in through the Whats New link so I see all the new posts regardless of the forum it was posted in. I really appreciate the titles that clearly state what the post will be about as this helps me to avoid opening posts I don't care to read. I guess since this is an election year it's to be expected there will be an increase in political posts but I really think that what we are seeing is a decrease in the "fun" posts we are used to seeing.

Tiff...I noticed that you kept talking about *in a perfect world* :confused:

This isn't a perfect world MHO...and the some of the people do come here with greviences about

different subjects...but it seems they should be able to express their fellings...in a way they feel about a subject.

I haven't gotten sick to my stomach because I don't read those chats that I may not agree with...2 often... :lol:

But, that's just my opinion that our DV family should be able to express their ideas & concerns...whatever they

may be.

If I find it offensive, I simply switch to anouther topic. So easy for me to clear my mind on subjects that don't hold my interest.

But, I'm easy, laid back & go with the flow I personally choose.

Sorry to see you upset. :(

Just my :twocents: worth.

Peace, love and big :hug: to my Dinar Vet family !

• Upvote 4

I would agree to have a separate forum for politics and far fetched beliefs. Some of the stuff that is posted here is way out there in my opinion but there maybe some who like to read it. i am sure i will rack up a bunch of negatives but if you could provide that venue for politics and conspiracy believers then you could really have a choice to read it. Because if you visit that forum be prepared to be questioned and bashed if you don't agree. Don't run to the admin or Mods if you get your feelings hurt because you choose to step into the terror dome.

Edited by TPSprayduster
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2