Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Currency Auctions 2-FEB-2012.

yota691

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (2070)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 2-FEB-2012. The results were as follows:

DETAILS NOTES

Number of banks 4

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1166

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 4,321,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 4,321,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

Exchange rates

Dollar's exchange rates / in Baghdad markets

Copyright © 2012. Central Bank http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=CurrencyAuctions

• Upvote 3

Details Notes

Number of banks 4

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1166

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 4,321,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 4,321,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

GLTA and Go RV.

gotta say i have never seen it this low,,, have watched for a few months and lowest it came--- was the double digit number {15 too 65 range} hope this is the tell tell sign that u.s. dollar is about too be second in iraq { r.v. baybee}

• Upvote 1

How come they never put what banks are buying! who they are? Just 4 banks thats it.

No information on who is doing the buying? It sure would be nice to know.

Thats it I am calling the rv for monday $1.17 take your time cashing out no hurry!

My link is I stink and dont know a dam thing!

Can I purchase like those banks are doing? Anyone is invited? Could be a Iranian bank who knows?

For the Linksters Link Link Link Link

For the lopsters sell now and cash in and GET OUT. No stinking LOP no way! I know !

heres my link-----------------------------> nothing

but still no LOP now there is a *** and a Super *** *** I used to race them!

maybe the lopsters drive a super wopster. :lol:

We need more auctions more more just smaller amounts like 100,000 and thats it time for a RV

today would be nice god!

sell me some of the new lower denoms that would make me happy(HEY OKIE pump me some new lower denoms)1,5,10

and while your at it some of those new coins to put in my collection.Thanks Okie your the greatest!

Pumper of the year award winner! He got the GOLD!!!!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

The auctions are their control mechanism of inflation....they must have another way in mind to deal with it :) :) :)

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE IRAQI DINAR?

US DOLLAR NO LONGER OFFERED AT CBI AUCTIONS NOW SOLD THROUGH BANK TELLERS On: Wed, 01/02/2012 13:05

Baghdad (news) .. A Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of the appearance of Mohammed Saleh, a new policy with the central bank to avoid the risk of the impact of currencies of neighboring countries on the Iraqi dinar exchange rate, because it has a cash reserve large hard currency.

Salih said (of the Agency news) on Wednesday: The Central Bank has the largest financial reserve of hard currency in the history of Iraq, reaching more than (60) billion dollars to cope with difficult circumstances that may pass in the country.

He pointed to: that the Central Bank of Iraq in control of the local market by injecting liquidity or withdrawn and has a policy on the medium term and short to avoid serious impact Tdhoramlat neighboring countries to the Iraqi currency, continued, that the reserve is enough for a full year to meet the needs of the country of hard currency.

He added that the Iraqi dinar today has become a strong and covered with foreign currency and by more than all (100%), so it is not easily affected by the fluctuations in the exchange rate of the currencies of neighboring countries.

and the Deputy Governor of Central Bank: the sale and purchase of the dollar in the local markets are now through the window and not through the auction, in order to maintain the stability of exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar against foreign currency, shall be through inventory liquidity of the Iraqi dinar in the market and then is pumped into the dollar either in the form of cash Aoicon the form of “remittances” specialized private traders on the importation of goods.

The Altoman Iran has dropped significantly against the U.S. dollar reaching (320) Toman Iran against one U.S. dollar a , while in front of the Iraqi dinar has fallen at a rate (50%), where he was Altoman Iranian equivalent of one (1000) Iraqi dinars, while now the equivalent of (500) Iraqi Dinars.

http://www.currencynewsmedia.com/

• Upvote 1

CBI's auctions simply don't diminish 99,6% just because. For better or worse (my guess is better), something's up.

Agreed!!! Oh please let this be it! I am feeling very hopeful. So glad it was exactly what I was expecting today, a number below 5 million. I hope we're right! Go RV! Go Bondlady! Go Dinarians!

• Upvote 2

CBI's auctions simply don't diminish 99,6% just because. For better or worse (my guess is better), something's up.

Yes something is up and this is it.....their new policy of exchanging the USD.....this will not keep the exchange rate managed anymore the way Dr. Shabibi has in the past so the rate will change.

It is controlling the USD from leaving across Iraq's borders which will push inflation up thus the law was passed to control inflation, a change is needed because IMO inflation will get to double digits fast this way...we will see...

Yes something is up and this is it.....their new policy of exchanging the USD.....this will not keep the exchange rate managed anymore the way Dr. Shabibi has in the past so the rate will change.

It is controlling the USD from leaving across Iraq's borders which will push inflation up thus the law was passed to control inflation, a change is needed because IMO inflation will get to double digits fast this way...we will see...

thanks for the post.................if they are not already in double digits of inflation............i really hope this means something..................thanks for all you do stryker..............i have been busy lately and dont have the time i use too to read and study.........appreciate yours and others breakdowns.............i owe you a few drinks in vegas...............GO DINAR

You must have slept in. I have gotten spoiled by Yota's early morning posts followed by your analysis. Keep it up!

SSI-I know exactly what you mean. I could not wait to get my computer fired up at work to see the auction results. Now I can breathe. I think I am getting excited again! Thanks Yota!

Ha! I checked my email, etc. and got the kids dressed and lunches packed before I could peak at today's auction! I'm a little jaded when it comes to progress with this dee-nahr investment, so I always expect the worst LOL :)