Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

After the budget .. 36 bills awaiting legislative birth

yota691

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%B1%D9%84%D9%85%D8%

Information / Baghdad ..

The deputy of the State of Law Jassim Mohammed Jaafar, Sunday, the inability of the House of Representatives to achieve a quorum until the end of the electoral cycle, noting that the Presidency will include eight laws ready to vote during tomorrow's session.

"Jaafar said in a statement to the information that" the House of Representatives will not be able to achieve a quorum because of the absolute concern of most of the deputies of the election campaigns as well as the boycott of the Kurdish blocs of meetings because of the budget. "

He added that "most of the laws ready to vote is not important for MPs after the vote on the laws of the financial budget and provincial elections."

Jaafar pointed out that "the presidency of the parliament has prepared eight laws to vote during the next session in the event of a quorum," noting that "the most prominent laws are the sports clubs and communications and the Union of Medical Professions." Ending / 25 d

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, yota691 said:

.....the House of Representatives will not be able to achieve a quorum because of the absolute concern of most of the deputies of the election campaigns as well as the boycott of the Kurdish blocs. He added that "most of the laws ready to vote is not important. The presidency of the parliament has prepared eight laws to vote, noting that the most prominent laws are the sports clubs....

So there we have it, folks. Now that they've 'pushed' the budget through, nothing else will get done for quite some time. Could there be a more pathetic group of fools running a country??? This guy states a quorum will be too hard to achieve because they are too focused on getting re-elected (which is still 2 months away). But if they do show up, by some miracle, the important laws relate to sports. No HCL, NO 140. By the time they get their collective shiz together, they will need a Ramadan break then vacation due to the summer heat. Let's all pray the monetary reform continues and the CBI can make this happen. Otherwise the next 5-6 months look like a bust. Just my opinion and I hope I'm wrong.

:(

This is what they REALLY need !!

Image result for bike with square wheels

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, King Bean said:

So there we have it, folks. Now that they've 'pushed' the budget through, nothing else will get done for quite some time. Could there be a more pathetic group of fools running a country??? This guy states a quorum will be too hard to achieve because they are too focused on getting re-elected (which is still 2 months away). But if they do show up, by some miracle, the important laws relate to sports. No HCL, NO 140. By the time they get their collective shiz together, they will need a Ramadan break then vacation due to the summer heat. Let's all pray the monetary reform continues and the CBI can make this happen. Otherwise the next 5-6 months look like a bust. Just my opinion and I hope I'm wrong.

You lay out a good argument against these fools for " taking a vacation " for the rest of 2018 - then say hello to 2019 perhaps.

Believe me when I say I've thought along the same lines. Let's hope we're both wrong. :confused2:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

In August IMF will be reviewing the SBA agreement for the third time. This is a crucial review before 2019, so we have that to look forward to and it will be time for the next Budget talks to begin. The results will come out in December. Should those be positive, in Iraq's favor, the Budget gets passed, and oil remains stable, above 65,  then the HCL will become the priority for the first part of 2019 leading to  a potential RV as Shabibi said to happen in the Summer. Even once the HCL gets passed it will still need to be implemented and the SBA will also be completed by July of 2019. The only thing I foresee here is the fact that Iraq might wait for the final results from IMF of the SBA once the HCL is implemented. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Good grief!  Another year?  I hope not!

What about the fact that nobody will invest in Iraq if they continue having the "toilet paper money"?

Kind of hard to convince anyone to invest or to RV with a negative GDP as the IMF is currently showing for Iraq.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Theseus said:

Kind of hard to convince anyone to invest or to RV with a negative GDP as the IMF is currently showing for Iraq.

How do you think they will have "goods and services", or a positive GDP, without foreign investment?  

When, if ever, was the last time they had a positive GDP?

• Upvote 1

Doesn't look like Iraq has ever had a good GDP number:

Iraq GDP

The gross domestic product (GDP) measures of national income and output for a given country's economy. The gross domestic product (GDP) is equal to the total expenditures for all final goods and services produced within the country in a stipulated period of time. This page provides the latest reported value for - Iraq GDP - plus previous releases, historical high and low, short-term forecast and long-term prediction, economic calendar, survey consensus and news. Iraq GDP - actual data, historical chart and calendar of releases - was last updated on March of 2018.

Actual Previous Highest Lowest Dates Unit Frequency  
  171.49 179.64 234.65 1.70 1960 - 2016 USD Billion Yearly
Current USD

GDP By Country
Country Last    Previous Highest Lowest      
United States 18624.48 Dec/16 18121 18624 543 USD Billion Yearly  
Euro Area 11885.66 Dec/16 11616 14115 245 USD Billion Yearly  
China 11199.15 Dec/16 11065 11199 47.21 USD Billion Yearly  
Japan 4940.16 Dec/16 4383 6203 44.31 USD Billion Yearly  
Germany 3466.76 Dec/16 3364 3879 215 USD Billion Yearly  
United Kingdom 2647.90 Dec/16 2886 3074 72.33 USD Billion Yearly  
France 2465.45 Dec/16 2434 2923 62.65 USD Billion Yearly  
India 2263.79 Dec/16 2090 2264 36.54 USD Billion Yearly  
Italy 1849.97 Dec/16 1825 2391 40.39 USD Billion Yearly  
Brazil 1796.19 Dec/16 1804 2616 15.17 USD Billion Yearly  
Canada 1529.76 Dec/16 1553 1843 40.77 USD Billion Yearly  
South Korea 1411.25 Dec/16 1383 1411 2.42 USD Billion Yearly  
Russia 1283.20 Dec/16 1366 2231 196 USD Billion Yearly  
Spain 1232.09 Dec/16 1193 1635 12.07 USD Billion Yearly  
Australia 1204.62 Dec/16 1345 1567 18.59 USD Billion Yearly  
Mexico 1046.92 Dec/16 1152 1298 13.06 USD Billion Yearly  
Indonesia 932.26 Dec/16 861 932 5.98 USD Billion Yearly  
Turkey 857.75 Dec/16 859 951 8.02 USD Billion Yearly  
Netherlands 770.85 Dec/16 750 936 12.28 USD Billion Yearly  
Switzerland 659.83 Dec/16 671 703 9.52 USD Billion Yearly  
Edited by Floridian
  • Thanks 1

Let me rephrase a negative GDP Growth. In 2016/17 they had a GDP growth rate of 11%. So they have had good GDP Growth numbers in the recent past. The last data point on the IMF chart is  showing Real GDP Growth of -0.4% YoY. Inflation is steady at around 2%.

Edited by Theseus

18 minutes ago, Theseus said:

Let me rephrase a negative GDP Growth. In 2016/17 they had a GDP growth rate of 11%. So they have had good GDP Growth numbers in the recent past. The last data point on the IMF chart is  showing Real GDP Growth of -0.4% YoY. Inflation is steady at around 2%.

Well, okay thanks.  Let's see what happens and hope for the best.

4 minutes ago, 3n1 said:

floridian , the only reason im speculating on iraq is the fact before 1990 when saddam invaded kuwait iraq had never had a exchange rate lower than 2 dollars but that was then this is now ... heres hoping

Yes, I'm hoping too.  Can't take much more of this.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Yes, I'm hoping too.  Can't take much more of this.  

Floridian you need to figure out how you can get your Electroneum off of Cryptopia because in my opinion that is going to make us a decent return on investment in less than a year or 2. 

34 minutes ago, Rmc10 said:

Floridian you need to figure out how you can get your Electroneum off of Cryptopia because in my opinion that is going to make us a decent return on investment in less than a year or 2. 

Thanks, Rmc 10.

If I take it off Cryptopia, where do I put it?

On another exchange?  If so, which one?

There is an Electroneum wallet app you put on your phone and you can transfer them to that. They also have paper wallets that can be printed from their website and you can transfer them to that then put it in a safe for safe keeping. 

1 minute ago, Rmc10 said:

There is an Electroneum wallet app you put on your phone and you can transfer them to that. They also have paper wallets that can be printed from their website and you can transfer them to that then put it in a safe for safe keeping. 

Oh!  I had no idea! 

Thank you.

Where do you find the Electroneum wallet app?   Do you get it from Electroneum or from Cryptopia?  Is is hard to transfer from the website to the phone?

I tried once, to make a paper wallet, but I don't think I did it right.  I'm so clueless when it comes to these things.  :(

6 hours ago, King Bean said:

They will still be Fiddle A'ing around this time next year (2019)...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Oh!  I had no idea! 

Thank you.

Where do you find the Electroneum wallet app?   Do you get it from Electroneum or from Cryptopia?  Is is hard to transfer from the website to the phone?

I tried once, to make a paper wallet, but I don't think I did it right.  I'm so clueless when it comes to these things.  :(

If you have a Samsung phone you go to your play store and search for "Electroneum" and it should pop up and you can download it to your phone. After you set that up write down your password on a piece of paper so you won't forget it. The app shows the balance and has a send/receive function. I haven't been on cryptopia for months so I can't remember what to do on there to get it to your wallet. But that's a start to it.

4 minutes ago, Rmc10 said:

If you have a Samsung phone you go to your play store and search for "Electroneum" and it should pop up and you can download it to your phone. After you set that up write down your password on a piece of paper so you won't forget it. The app shows the balance and has a send/receive function. I haven't been on cryptopia for months so I can't remember what to do on there to get it to your wallet. But that's a start to it.

Ok, thanks Rmc 10.  I have an iPhone.  I'll see if the App Store has an app for Electroneum.

Thanks for your help.  :)

One more thing, after I put it on my phone, do I delete it from Cryptopia?

Edited by Floridian

19 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Ok, thanks Rmc 10.  I have an iPhone.  I'll see if the App Store has an app for Electroneum.

Thanks for your help.  :)

One more thing, after I put it on my phone, do I delete it from Cryptopia?

Apple doesn't have an Electroneum app yet so I would leave it on Cryptopia for now. I will give you info once I hear differently. Once you transfer the coins from Cryptopia to your wallet they will come off cryptopia automatically just like if you do an online monetary transfer. 

2 minutes ago, Rmc10 said:

Apple doesn't have an Electroneum app yet so I would leave it on Cryptopia for now. I will give you info once I hear differently. Once you transfer the coins from Cryptopia to your wallet they will come off cryptopia automatically just like if you do an online monetary transfer. 

Oh great!  Thank you so, so much for the information.  

You have been a great help to me and I really appreciate it.  :D

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to After the budget .. 36 bills awaiting legislative birth