Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Recovery Of The Iraqi Dinar !

DinarThug

Translation - 

Khandan - The United Nations Security Council has decided to postpone a planned visit to Iraq before the May elections at the request of the Iraqi government, diplomats said Wednesday. Iraqi authorities told the council in a letter this week that many officials would be preoccupied with the election campaign that began on Saturday, and would not be able to meet the ambassadors of the Security Council. "In view of the start of the election campaign on April 14 and because all the political parties and constitutional bodies in Iraq are currently participating in this campaign, which will not enable the members of the Council to meet with Iraqi officials," Iraqi Ambassador Mohammed Hussein Bahr al-Uloum said in a letter to the council. Iraqi mission of the Council to postpone the planned visit. " The ambassador said the mission "looks forward to welcoming the members of the council in Baghdad in the future." The elections in Iraq are held on 329 seats in parliament on May 12 next, in the first elections taking place in the country after the defeat of the organization "calling" terrorist. The United States was to lead the council's delegation to Peru, which holds the council presidency this month. Peru's ambassador to the council, Meza-Quadra, told reporters this month that the council's move to Iraq was aimed at showing support for the elections after three years of war against the "Da'ash". He added that Iraq "needs the support of the international community to rebuild the country and ensure reconciliation" after the Iraqi military campaign to restore areas controlled by the terrorist organization.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

UN Security Council postpones visit to Iraq

http://www.xendan.org/ar/detai.....relat=8030

The United Nations Security Council has decided to postpone a planned visit to Iraq before the May elections at the request of the Iraqi government, diplomats said Wednesday.

Iraqi authorities told the council in a letter this week that many officials would be preoccupied with the election campaign that began on Saturday, and would not be able to meet the ambassadors of the Security Council.

"In view of the start of the election campaign on April 14 and because all the political parties and constitutional bodies in Iraq are currently participating in this campaign, which will not enable the members of the Council to meet with Iraqi officials," Iraqi Ambassador Mohammed Hussein Bahr al-Uloum said in a letter to the council. Iraqi mission of the Council to postpone the planned visit. "

The ambassador said the mission "looks forward to welcoming the members of the council in Baghdad in the future."

The elections in Iraq are held on 329 seats in parliament on May 12 next, in the first elections taking place in the country after the defeat of the organization "calling" terrorist.

The United States was to lead the council's delegation to Peru, which holds the council presidency this month.

Peru's ambassador to the council, Meza-Quadra, told reporters this month that the council's move to Iraq was aimed at showing support for the elections after three years of war against the "Da'ash".

He added that Iraq "needs the support of the international community to rebuild the country and ensure reconciliation" after the Iraqi military campaign to restore areas controlled by the terrorist organization.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

The United Nations Security Council has decided to postpone a planned visit to Iraq before the May elections at the request of the Iraqi government, diplomats said Wednesday.

Iraqi authorities told the council in a letter this week that many officials would be preoccupied with the election campaign that began on Saturday, and would not be able to meet the ambassadors of the Security Council.

"In view of the start of the election campaign on April 14 and because all the political parties and constitutional bodies in Iraq are currently participating in this campaign, which will not enable the members of the Council to meet with Iraqi officials," Iraqi Ambassador Mohammed Hussein Bahr al-Uloum said in a letter to the council. Iraqi mission of the Council to postpone the planned visit. "

The ambassador said the mission "looks forward to welcoming the members of the council in Baghdad in the future."

The elections in Iraq are held on 329 seats in parliament on May 12 next, in the first elections taking place in the country after the defeat of the organization "calling" terrorist.

The United States was to lead the council's delegation to Peru, which holds the council presidency this month.

Peru's ambassador to the council, Meza-Quadra, told reporters this month that the council's move to Iraq was aimed at showing support system" rel="">support for the elections after three years of war against the "Da'ash".

He added that Iraq "needs the support system" rel="">support of the international community to rebuild the country and ensure reconciliation" after the Iraqi military campaign to restore areas controlled by the terrorist organization.

Now they even have the UN taking a holiday. At this rate our grand kids will have been in this for 20 years talking about an RV.

• Haha 4

What The Chuck ? :blink: 

Check Out The Cover Page - The Chuckster Just SandFly’ed The Entire News Section ! :o 

Barkeep - I’ll Have What The Chuckster’s Having And Keep ‘Em Coming ! :cheesehead: 

:D  :D  :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

Now they even have the UN taking a holiday. At this rate our grand kids will have been in this for 20 years talking about an RV.

This could be so ChuckFinley and it' interesting to read your comment because although I never discuss my interests in the dinar nor crypto I happened to  in passing and in context of the conversation on the ME  I mentioned having an interest in the currencies and their values etc.. Their comments were these people just like those who bought crypto are going to be waiting years more to realise any investments if ever .. It was easier to steer the conversation away than be drawn into further discussion...

2 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

This could be so ChuckFinley and it' interesting to read your comment because although I never discuss my interests in the dinar nor crypto I happened to  in passing and in context of the conversation on the ME  I mentioned having an interest in the currencies and their values etc.. Their comments were these people just like those who bought crypto are going to be waiting years more to realise any investments if ever .. It was easier to steer the conversation away than be drawn into further discussion...

There are people, many of which have already realized in crypto what many here have been waiting on in Dinar..... don’t be discouraged by people who are negative regarding this investment. I believe we are about to see some crazy things regarding the financial systems of this planet... and many people who think they had superior knowledge to currency speculators and crypto enthusiasts will not look very intelligent at the cocktail parties 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Now the feeling. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

There are people, many of which have already realized in crypto what many here have been waiting on in Dinar..... don’t be discouraged by people who are negative regarding this investment. I believe we are about to see some crazy things regarding the financial systems of this planet... and many people who think they had superior knowledge to currency speculators and crypto enthusiasts will not look very intelligent at the cocktail parties 

Now that is what I am talking about.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DinarThug said:

LINK

Abadi: The past government has built a strong economy

7394.jpg

18th April, 2018

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said on Wednesday that the government is going to build a strong economy by following the right policies, stressing that the policies of waste of public money will not be repeated

"The completion of these projects is proof of success not only in the war against terrorism, but in the construction, reconstruction and development of services, Abadi said during his visit to Diwaniyah gas station, according to a statement by his media office

"The high cost of war, the repulsions of terrorist attacks and the protection of fighters coincided with the collapse of world oil prices, but we have succeeded in achieving victory and lasting life for the state and society" he said.

He stressed that "we can not allow the return of waste policies in public money, and follow the right policies that serve the
homeland and the citizen and adopt a strong economy and a bright future for Iraq"

##########################

LINK

Abadi: We are going to build a strong economy and we will not allow the return of policies of waste of public money

8774.jpg

2018-04-18 at 13:09 (Baghdad time)

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said on Wednesday that the government is going to build a strong economy by following the right policies, stressing that the policies of waste of public money will not be repeated.

Abadi said during his visit to the power station Diwaniyah gas, according to a statement of his media office received / Mawazin News / copy: "We applaud the efforts of workers in the power station Diwaniya," stressing that "the completion of these projects is evidence of success not only in the war against terrorism, but in the construction and reconstruction And the development of services. "

He added that "the shock of the Iraqis by taking a stronghold on our cities and their aftermath of a military and security collapse, we met with a firm response and a comprehensive revival of the unity, sacrifices and courage of our fighters, and the importance of our victory was a crushing break and turning the collapse and defeat into a major victory."

"The costs of the high war, the repulsions of terrorist attacks and the protection of the fighters coincided with the collapse of world oil prices, but we have succeeded in achieving victory and lasting life for the state and society," Ebadi said.

He stressed that "we can not allow the return of waste policies in public money, and follow the right policies that serve the country and the citizen and adopt a strong economy and a bright future for Iraq."

Well, they need to capitalise on it or it is a wast of time and money.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Am I really going to join the yo momma´s so fat train?

Eh ok...yo momma´s so fat she gotta put on deoderant with a paint roller.

Oh yeh? Yo mama so fat the last tie she went to the beach, “ Green Peace” poured water on her and started rolling her back to the ocean while chanting “save the whale”..

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Thanks NEP .. I will admit that I am loathe to discuss my interest in the Dinar now  to those I know as I have said before because when I first bought they were quick to knock and jest at my investment in a "pipe dream".. These same preople knock crypto.. But I know I am on the path and will see it through and maybe one day they will say  "why didn't I buy" ... As for cocktail parties I have no time for small talk with would be's if they could be". A glass with real people or shared at sunset is far better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Thanks NEP .. I will admit that I am loathe to discuss my interest in the Dinar now  to those I know as I have said before because when I first bought they were quick to knock and jest at my investment in a "pipe dream".. These same preople knock crypto.. But I know I am on the path and will see it through and maybe one day they will say  "why didn't I buy" ... As for cocktail parties I have no time for small talk with would be's if they could be". A glass with real people or shared at sunset is far better.

So true :) Well said.... I’ve wasted so much time on negative people over the years. People that don’t have vision..... are not much fun to be around 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

LINK

NEW HOPE FOR IRAQI UNITY, STABILITY, ECONOMIC PROSPERITY

19th April, 2018

Iraq needs to improve its overall security and political environment in addition to strengthening rule of law and enforcement to ensure a prosperous and peaceful future

Since the U.S. occupation of Iraq in 2003, the country could not fully stabilize and its future unity has been questioned. Following the occupation, Iraq was ruled with a temporary law, the Transitional Administrative Law (TAL), until a new constitution was adopted in October 2015. Since the constitution allowed for the establishment of regions, autonomous Iraqi Kurdistan, the roots of which go back to the 1990s, was formed by Irbil, Sulaymaniyah and Dahuk provinces joining together.

Iraqi Kurdish leadership actively participated in the formation of the constitution the autonomy was accepted by all parties.The end of Saddam Hussein's authoritarian regime and the adoption of the new constitution created hope for a democratic and economically prosperous Iraq. The constitution created a parliamentary system where multiple parties compete for parliamentary seats. Several parliamentary elections have been held and the executive leadership, i.e., the president, prime minister and the cabinet were formed according to election results. Thus, the country has been operating within a democratic framework since 2005.

Due to its majority Shiite population, several Shiite political parties have been dominating the Iraqi political scene, but none of them have had a parliamentary majority. Therefore, coalition governments formed by the Shiite Arab parties have been ruling the country since 2005. Former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki headed two coalition governments and Haider al-Abadi is currently serving as the prime minister of a current coalition government. Forming coalition governments in Iraq has not been easy since it has involved bargaining among various political groups, taking months to form after elections.

The upcoming May 12 election is likely to create a parliamentary composition that will require the formation of a coalition government again. While prime ministers have been Shiite Arabs, the symbolic presidency has been filled by Kurdish politicians and the speaker of Iraqi parliament and a vice presidency have been allocated to Sunni Arabs. Kurds are represented in Iraqi political institutions and also have their own Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) in Iraqi Kurdistan with its own parliament, prime minister and president.

Despite its democratic institutions, there have been issues with the workings of the system. The Maliki period saw the arrests of some Sunni politicians, and terrorist violence in Baghdad and the surrounding areas negatively affected peace and stability. Ruling political elites have often been accused of ethnic and sectarian clientelism. The country's economic institutions have been weak and its public sector has not been efficient. Corruption, allegedly, has been rampant. The KRG and the Iraqi central government have been having disagreements over the division of powers between them, internal borders of the disputed territories, production and sale of oil in Iraqi Kurdistan and revenue sharing.

Last year's Sept. 25 independence vote in Iraqi Kurdistan was conducted partially for domestic political gains by mobilizing Kurdish nationalism, but was partly a result of the unsettled disputes, with a hope of gaining a better bargaining position for the KRG in a future settlement. But the central government retook the city of Kirkuk and some other parts of the disputed territories that included several oil fields from the peshmerga, which had been divided along the party lines of the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) that controls Irbil and Dohuk provinces and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) that controls Sulaymaniyah. Thus, a new de facto situation has been created along the disputed territories.

While Iraq dealt with multiple problematic issues, Daesh, which originated from al-Qaida in Iraq, grew into a security threat in Syria and Iraq during 2012 to 2014. Capitalizing on the chaotic civil war in Syria and the unhappy Sunni population in Iraq, the terrorist organization took control of massive territory in a relatively short period of time. Many were taken by surprise when Daesh captured Iraq's second-largest city of Mosul in June 2014, which showed the weakness of the Iraqi security apparatus at the time. It took about three years for a strengthened Iraqi army to retake control of Mosul and the territories that fell under Daesh in Iraq. Parallel to the deteriorated security situation, the economic situation also deteriorated after 2014 in the whole of Iraq, but especially in Iraqi Kurdistan. Not only did foreign and domestic investment decline in the region, but also government spending substantially decreased to the extent that government employee salaries were not paid for long periods of time since Baghdad had cut off the KRG's 17 percent budget share due to disputes between them over oil production, sales and revenues from the Kurdish region.

The future of Iraq after Daesh is defeated

Now that Daesh is defeated, Iraqi security has improved in many locations and negotiations are ongoing between the KRG and the central government for settling disputes. Therefore, there are renewed hopes for a better future in the country. Moreover, the Iraqi government has increased its efforts for political and economic reforms, for attracting investment and for getting the economy on a path for growth. There has been international fundraising for supporting Iraq's reconstruction efforts and Turkey pledged the highest amount – $5 billion – as a loan and investment. However, the success of these renewed efforts depends on reconstruction of war-torn regions, reintegration of the provinces and their populaces who suffered under Daesh from 2014 to 2017, and solving the issues between the KRG and Baghdad.

There are over 2 million internally displaced people (IDPs) who need the government's security guarantees and help with reconstruction of their homes and cities. In 2014, about one in five Iraqis were below the poverty line, and developments after 2014 have deteriorated the situation of the poor, especially in Daesh-occupied areas. This widespread poverty not only reduces the government's legitimacy, especially when the public believes that their leadership is corrupt, but also prepares an environment for extremist ideologies and tensions among different ethnic and religious segments of the country. Both the central and the KRG governments need to adopt people-oriented policies focusing on increasing the overall welfare level in the country. Long-lasting recession and unpaid salaries have frustrated many in the Kurdish region and have led to multiple protests, sometimes violent. The central government and the KRG need to pay the salaries as soon as possible.

Aggregate demand has declined sharply in the region due to unpaid salaries, decreased investment and government spending. Therefore, the recovery of the region's economy depends on the payment of salaries, increase in government spending especially on public capital investment and creation of a stable and peaceful region for long-term investments. Iraq is an oil-rich country capable of increasing its oil revenue with more investment in production. Oil exports through Kirkuk pipeline to Turkey are expected to resume after necessary improvements to the pipeline. Such increased oil revenues can be used for reconstruction and infrastructure investments.

However, in the long run, the country needs to reduce its high oil dependency by diversifying its economy. Currently, 90 percent of the Iraqi government's revenues come from oil. Such a high dependency creates big swings in government revenues year by year as they depend on oil prices. In fact, when oil prices declined around 50 percent in 2014, the country started to have significant budget deficits while its defense spending was increasing, and it had to borrow over $18 billion from the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Reduced public investment spending during this period weakened the overall economy. Improved infrastructure and public services will create a more conducive environment for economic growth. A better private investment environment needs to be created and diversification of the economy needs to be achieved in the long run. Moreover, the country's weak financial sector needs to be strengthened so that financial institutions can mediate between money savers and investors.

In order to achieve its long-term economic goals, the country needs a stable political and security environment. Internally, the government needs to improve the overall security environment further. All illegitimate groups with weapons need to be taken under control. The country's legal system, rule of law and law enforcement need to be strengthened. Kurdish and Iraqi political leaders need to take steps to settle their disputes and develop trust and a stable, long-term relationship. Democratic political institutions as well as market-oriented economic institutions should continue to be improved. Both Baghdad and Irbil need to bring more transparency, accountability and efficiency to their public sectors. Externally, Baghdad and Irbil should continue to improve their economic and political relations with neighboring countries so that trade and long term investment can flourish. Secure and predictable economic and political environments will attract more foreign direct investment and strengthen domestic private investment.[/size]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

LINK

Hussein al-Sadr describes Abbadi as "commander of victory" and prepares him a great national symbol

19th April, 2018

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi met Thursday, April 19, 2018, in the holy city of Kadhimiya, Mr. Hussein Ismail al-Sadr.

During the meeting, they discussed the developments in the country and the stage of construction, reconstruction and investment initiated by Iraq after the victory over the terrorist

In a statement to the Prime Minister's Office, al-Abbadi said, "I am happy today to receive the leader of the victory who liberated Iraq and liberated our lands, our people and our dear ones. This is the great national symbol that works for Iraq and its unity and for every inch of the land of the country. Every individual with different affiliations and sects

"He said that al-Abadi has succeeded in his work in the past and we wish him success in his future work, calling on the political blocs to be "Iraq first as it is Abadi, loved the homeland of faith

"The integrity, strength and sovereignty of Iraq are in our unity and away from differences and differences," he said

Abadi stressed that "three and a half years ago, we promised that we will liberate man and land from gangs and encourage terror. Thankfully, the land was liberated with the effort and sacrifice of heroic fighters

"Iraq is facing another challenge, which is the challenge of partition. Today Iraq is united, strong and our national armed forces are welcome in all of Iraq," he said

Abadi pointed out that "the existence of another challenge is the financial and economic challenge and low oil prices with the war, but we were able to manage the affairs of the country and paidthe salaries of employees and retirees and social welfare and ration card," noting that "the government has pressed for government spending, for example in three years we cut the exchange on the import of oil derivatives "The $ 7 billion fuel was a real saving for the state while it was going to other things

He said that "Iraq was trapped internationally and regionally, Iraq is now strong and the international community sees it succeeded and the world stands with the successful and our policy is a match of 

interests with States

#################

LINK

Abadi: Iraq became strong after it was trapped internationally and regionally

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, DinarThug said:

: Iraq became strong after it was trapped internationally and regionally

Well I sure wish my Dinar would become STRONG after being trapped between nada and zilch! 

Let’s do the dayum thang! Ya’ll done talked it to death!!! 

P.S. Thank you Abadi, supported by American and Iraqi Troops for liberating the ISIS group allowed to fester by Hillarious and O dumb dumb....

Now if you could just do this one last thing and revalue your currency to 1:1 or higher that would be fantastic! And preferably before the elections and Ramadan! 

Ok ok rant over 

Edited by NEPatriotsFan1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, DinarThug said:

LINK

NEW HOPE FOR IRAQI UNITY, STABILITY, ECONOMIC PROSPERITY

19th April, 2018

Iraq needs to improve its overall security and political environment in addition to strengthening rule of law and enforcement to ensure a prosperous and peaceful future

Since the U.S. occupation of Iraq in 2003, the country could not fully stabilize and its future unity has been questioned. Following the occupation, Iraq was ruled with a temporary law, the Transitional Administrative Law (TAL), until a new constitution was adopted in October 2015. Since the constitution allowed for the establishment of regions, autonomous Iraqi Kurdistan, the roots of which go back to the 1990s, was formed by Irbil, Sulaymaniyah and Dahuk provinces joining together.

Iraqi Kurdish leadership actively participated in the formation of the constitution the autonomy was accepted by all parties.The end of Saddam Hussein's authoritarian regime and the adoption of the new constitution created hope for a democratic and economically prosperous Iraq. The constitution created a parliamentary system where multiple parties compete for parliamentary seats. Several parliamentary elections have been held and the executive leadership, i.e., the president, prime minister and the cabinet were formed according to election results. Thus, the country has been operating within a democratic framework since 2005.

Due to its majority Shiite population, several Shiite political parties have been dominating the Iraqi political scene, but none of them have had a parliamentary majority. Therefore, coalition governments formed by the Shiite Arab parties have been ruling the country since 2005. Former Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki headed two coalition governments and Haider al-Abadi is currently serving as the prime minister of a current coalition government. Forming coalition governments in Iraq has not been easy since it has involved bargaining among various political groups, taking months to form after elections.

The upcoming May 12 election is likely to create a parliamentary composition that will require the formation of a coalition government again. While prime ministers have been Shiite Arabs, the symbolic presidency has been filled by Kurdish politicians and the speaker of Iraqi parliament and a vice presidency have been allocated to Sunni Arabs. Kurds are represented in Iraqi political institutions and also have their own Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) in Iraqi Kurdistan with its own parliament, prime minister and president.

Despite its democratic institutions, there have been issues with the workings of the system. The Maliki period saw the arrests of some Sunni politicians, and terrorist violence in Baghdad and the surrounding areas negatively affected peace and stability. Ruling political elites have often been accused of ethnic and sectarian clientelism. The country's economic institutions have been weak and its public sector has not been efficient. Corruption, allegedly, has been rampant. The KRG and the Iraqi central government have been having disagreements over the division of powers between them, internal borders of the disputed territories, production and sale of oil in Iraqi Kurdistan and revenue sharing.

Last year's Sept. 25 independence vote in Iraqi Kurdistan was conducted partially for domestic political gains by mobilizing Kurdish nationalism, but was partly a result of the unsettled disputes, with a hope of gaining a better bargaining position for the KRG in a future settlement. But the central government retook the city of Kirkuk and some other parts of the disputed territories that included several oil fields from the peshmerga, which had been divided along the party lines of the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) that controls Irbil and Dohuk provinces and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) that controls Sulaymaniyah. Thus, a new de facto situation has been created along the disputed territories.

While Iraq dealt with multiple problematic issues, Daesh, which originated from al-Qaida in Iraq, grew into a security threat in Syria and Iraq during 2012 to 2014. Capitalizing on the chaotic civil war in Syria and the unhappy Sunni population in Iraq, the terrorist organization took control of massive territory in a relatively short period of time. Many were taken by surprise when Daesh captured Iraq's second-largest city of Mosul in June 2014, which showed the weakness of the Iraqi security apparatus at the time. It took about three years for a strengthened Iraqi army to retake control of Mosul and the territories that fell under Daesh in Iraq. Parallel to the deteriorated security situation, the economic situation also deteriorated after 2014 in the whole of Iraq, but especially in Iraqi Kurdistan. Not only did foreign and domestic investment decline in the region, but also government spending substantially decreased to the extent that government employee salaries were not paid for long periods of time since Baghdad had cut off the KRG's 17 percent budget share due to disputes between them over oil production, sales and revenues from the Kurdish region.

The future of Iraq after Daesh is defeated

Now that Daesh is defeated, Iraqi security has improved in many locations and negotiations are ongoing between the KRG and the central government for settling disputes. Therefore, there are renewed hopes for a better future in the country. Moreover, the Iraqi government has increased its efforts for political and economic reforms, for attracting investment and for getting the economy on a path for growth. There has been international fundraising for supporting Iraq's reconstruction efforts and Turkey pledged the highest amount – $5 billion – as a loan and investment. However, the success of these renewed efforts depends on reconstruction of war-torn regions, reintegration of the provinces and their populaces who suffered under Daesh from 2014 to 2017, and solving the issues between the KRG and Baghdad.

There are over 2 million internally displaced people (IDPs) who need the government's security guarantees and help with reconstruction of their homes and cities. In 2014, about one in five Iraqis were below the poverty line, and developments after 2014 have deteriorated the situation of the poor, especially in Daesh-occupied areas. This widespread poverty not only reduces the government's legitimacy, especially when the public believes that their leadership is corrupt, but also prepares an environment for extremist ideologies and tensions among different ethnic and religious segments of the country. Both the central and the KRG governments need to adopt people-oriented policies focusing on increasing the overall welfare level in the country. Long-lasting recession and unpaid salaries have frustrated many in the Kurdish region and have led to multiple protests, sometimes violent. The central government and the KRG need to pay the salaries as soon as possible.

Aggregate demand has declined sharply in the region due to unpaid salaries, decreased investment and government spending. Therefore, the recovery of the region's economy depends on the payment of salaries, increase in government spending especially on public capital investment and creation of a stable and peaceful region for long-term investments. Iraq is an oil-rich country capable of increasing its oil revenue with more investment in production. Oil exports through Kirkuk pipeline to Turkey are expected to resume after necessary improvements to the pipeline. Such increased oil revenues can be used for reconstruction and infrastructure investments.

However, in the long run, the country needs to reduce its high oil dependency by diversifying its economy. Currently, 90 percent of the Iraqi government's revenues come from oil. Such a high dependency creates big swings in government revenues year by year as they depend on oil prices. In fact, when oil prices declined around 50 percent in 2014, the country started to have significant budget deficits while its defense spending was increasing, and it had to borrow over $18 billion from the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Reduced public investment spending during this period weakened the overall economy. Improved infrastructure and public services will create a more conducive environment for economic growth. A better private investment environment needs to be created and diversification of the economy needs to be achieved in the long run. Moreover, the country's weak financial sector needs to be strengthened so that financial institutions can mediate between money savers and investors.

In order to achieve its long-term economic goals, the country needs a stable political and security environment. Internally, the government needs to improve the overall security environment further. All illegitimate groups with weapons need to be taken under control. The country's legal system, rule of law and law enforcement need to be strengthened. Kurdish and Iraqi political leaders need to take steps to settle their disputes and develop trust and a stable, long-term relationship. Democratic political institutions as well as market-oriented economic institutions should continue to be improved. Both Baghdad and Irbil need to bring more transparency, accountability and efficiency to their public sectors. Externally, Baghdad and Irbil should continue to improve their economic and political relations with neighboring countries so that trade and long term investment can flourish. Secure and predictable economic and political environments will attract more foreign direct investment and strengthen domestic private investment.[/size]

Thanks Thug, love those colors.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Well I sure wish my Dinar would become STRONG after being trapped between nada and zilch! 

Let’s do the dayum thang! Ya’ll done talked it to death!!! 

P.S. Thank you Abadi, supported by American and Iraqi Troops for liberating the ISIS group allowed to fester by Hillarious and O dumb dumb....

Now if you could just do this one last thing and revalue your currency to 1:1 or higher that would be fantastic! And preferably before the elections and Ramadan! 

Ok ok rant over 

Man, you can say that again.  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2