Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Small Denoms are being Issued at Military Finance Offices

Chief V

Okay folks, no update today, nothing from my guys. A few are asking where we are, and I'm at a standstill until I get confirmation that I want just as much as everyone else.

On that note, it's being said that on CC several folks are also stating that their family members are seeing the smaller denoms as well, yet nobody else has been able to produce them as well. I've made more requests again today, so keep the faith, I'll get em if I have to fly my butt back over there and buy some myself...lol NOT!!! ;)

Just know I'm still trying.

V

Thanks Chief. We know you are trying your best.

• Upvote 1

I say

BACK OFF THE FROM THE CHIEF & NO MORE BASHING OR SARCASTIC REMARKS, CHIEF WILL COME GOOD WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT.

Thanks Chief your efforts are greatly appreciated by the masses on DV :D:D

Edited by zantac
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

What really surprises me is all of those that are on here and are still BOG have not made it there either and are the first to cast stones...........lol Remember if you live in a glass house.......nuff said.

Just know I'm still trying.

V

I agree Chief V - The ones that are over there and throwing stones, just does not make any sense why don't they go to this finance place and check it out for themselves instead of just saying it is not true. They are not saying they know it is not true because they tried to get some smaller denomination they are just saying not true. That just does not make any sense what-so-ever.

Thanks for keeping us posted - we all do appreciate you keeping in touch and letting us know how the progress is going with all this.

• Upvote 2

The only other thing I can add is my Captain's Contact the 0-6 arrived at the other site they were heading too, and this individual is over finance, but stated that nothing was at this particular site. Not sure where exactly this individual is based, so cannot elaborate further on that. I emailed the one individual who purchased the small denoms and sent them home, and inquired about his wife sending him or me pictures or scans of these notes. Best I can do until I find out further.

V

• Upvote 2

The only other thing I can add is my Captain's Contact the 0-6 arrived at the other site they were heading too, and this individual is over finance, but stated that nothing was at this particular site. Not sure where exactly this individual is based, so cannot elaborate further on that. I emailed the one individual who purchased the small denoms and sent them home, and inquired about his wife sending him or me pictures or scans of these notes. Best I can do until I find out further.

V

Chief V, it's obvious you are doing what you can! Don't let these n'er do wells bug ya! Chin up!

• Upvote 1

V

Hi Chief V,

do you know which denominations he was able to get and/or saw?

Thanks Chief for everything that you're doing! Would it be a secret or kept so quiet if these LD's were out? Just wondering and any insight on this Chief would be appreciated since you were there and familiar with the surroundings/etc. Thanks again. :rolleyes:

I usually don't post much. Typically I sit back and read what's posted and make up my own mind on what to believe or not to believe. Only when I see something that I can personally verify will I say anything....if at all. After reading these last 11 pages of he said she said, I decided to go to the Warka Bank here at Balad and find out for myself. Yes indeed, they do have the Lower Denominations here but I was told by the Banker that he isn't allowed to distibute them. I'm not sure what is going on in Baghdad but it seems odd that the banks there can issue them and the bank here can't. Having said that, I guess anything is possible, afterall we are dealing with Iraq.

As far as going to all Dinar here on base in August....that's a new one on me. I haven't heard so much as a peep on that. If it were true it would spread like wild fire. I do know that we are limited to a $200 cash advance each month (I work for KBR) but that has nothing to do with the Dinar. It is due partly to the draw down and the cost of having thousands of USD shipped over here every month (7% for every dollar). I tried to get an Eagle Cash Card and was told by Army Finance that KBR (at Balad; don't know about other bases) can't get a card becasue we have our own finance department. They (Army Finance) did tell me there is no limit on the amount of IQD I could buy but that they will only buy IQD back from the Military. When I first got mine they told me I could sell it back for what I paid. Which I thought was great at least that way I wouldn't lose any money.

Anyway....that's what I know. Not much but at least I know it is true.

Before any one bashes me .....I just noticed that Chief said Military Finance so I'm off to Army Finance to see if they have them. More to follow.

Edited by cdb
  • Upvote 13

I usually don't post much. Typically I sit back and read what's posted and make up my own mind on what to believe or not to believe. Only when I see something that I can personally verify will I say anything....if at all. After reading these last 11 pages of he said she said, I decided to go to the Warka Bank here at Balad and find out for myself. Yes indeed, they do have the Lower Denominations here but I was told by the Banker that he isn't allowed to distibute them. I'm not sure what is going on in Baghdad but it seems odd that the banks there can issue them and the bank here can't. Having said that, I guess anything is possible, afterall we are dealing with Iraq.

As far as going to all Dinar here on base in August....that's a new one on me. I haven't heard so much as a peep on that. If it were true it would spread like wild fire. I do know that we are limited to a $200 cash advance each month (I work for KBR) but that has nothing to do with the Dinar. It is due partly to the draw down and the cost of having thousands of USD shipped over here every month (7% for every dollar). I tried to get an Eagle Cash Card and was told by Army Finance that KBR (at Balad; don't know about other bases) can't get a card becasue we have our own finance department. They (Army Finance) did tell me there is no limit on the amount of IQD I could buy but that they will only buy IQD back from the Military. When I first got mine they told me I could sell it back for what I paid. Which I thought was great at least that way I wouldn't lose any money.

Before any one bashes me .....I just noticed that Chief said Military Finance so I'm off to Army Finance to see if they have them. More to follow.

Thanks for verifying that smaller denoms are there cdb. This is what it takes to get things done. I really appreciate this from you as well as Chief V. GO RV !!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

WHEN we get pictures of these smaller denom's doubt will be removed , Then MAYBE we can try to find out what the real chance of a RV coming thru really is. That's the real news we are waiting on. WHEN and How much. Thanks to all who contribute to the Board.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for doing some of the legwork there CDB, I already know that Balad does not have them, as my Captain stated his source is there as of now, and told him they did not have any there. I've still not come up with anything from my sources, and am still working that angle as well. Thank you again for verifying what I've been told. Now I was told this individual had received smaller notes and that they were singles, hopefully they weren't the 50's since most of what I'm hearing is they're not being issued. We'll see soon enough, there was a letter sent out, one of my guys posted the contents to me, and that is what I posted on here, about the Dinar being theater wide on bases. Not to mention the Memo from Odierno coming out as well. I'll try to research that one on another source. Things right now are not looking good from what I'm reading on Iraq news sources. Keep your fingers crossed people, hopefully it's just smoke and mirrors, but not seeing that......

V

• Upvote 2

Thanks for doing some of the legwork there CDB, I already know that Balad does not have them, as my Captain stated his source is there as of now, and told him they did not have any there. I've still not come up with anything from my sources, and am still working that angle as well. Thank you again for verifying what I've been told. Now I was told this individual had received smaller notes and that they were singles, hopefully they weren't the 50's since most of what I'm hearing is they're not being issued. We'll see soon enough, there was a letter sent out, one of my guys posted the contents to me, and that is what I posted on here, about the Dinar being theater wide on bases. Not to mention the Memo from Odierno coming out as well. I'll try to research that one on another source. Things right now are not looking good from what I'm reading on Iraq news sources. Keep your fingers crossed people, hopefully it's just smoke and mirrors, but not seeing that......

V

Thanks for the update Chief V.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the post Chief! Thanks CDB for your efforts and information, so the LD have not been released......guess we wait............

Just in from one of my sources and it appears what hey had in stock has already been issued. CC again is stating that their people have had the 1/4 and 1/2 notes issued to some of their family members. These are basically worthless but then again with an eminent RV at hand, they will be worth something. Here's the email I just received:

Hey there bro. Just got back from finance, I asked them for the new smaller denominations, he told me they will have them on their next shipment. He said they get a delivery every 5 weeks, and they have a week and a half to go, so i bought another 100k and we'll see I will go in there once a week to see and when they do, I'll send you some... so right now the lowest is 50. let me know if you hear anything else.

XXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Camp xxxxx / xxxx, Iraq

APO AE 09

281- (Houston Line, Iraq Time)

• Upvote 2

Did you find out the value of the lower denoms??? 1 dinar.....1/2 dinar.......1/4 dinar etc??? If not, can you go back and find out all the different amounts they have in stock???

I did go to the Army Finance office today. The Soldier I spoke to said they do have the small denoms, including the 1/2 Dinar. However, he said he only deals with the large denoms and that the Soldier that handles the small stuff is taking a class for the next 2 days. I found that to be pretty strange. Why would they have one person for small denoms and another for the large? The Soldier I talked to didn't have much info so I will go back on Friday and try to find out. If they have them I will buy some and post pics (unless Chief beats me to it). Either way I'll let you guys know.

Sorry that's all I could find out today.

• Upvote 10