Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The next big push by Pumpers and sellers

Just my opinion, as we see development in the dinar world. I hear alot of talk about the deletions of the 3 zeros.  Think about this it makes sense for the iqd. We have 25,000 and they drop the 0's and we have 25. They then Rv to 1 to 1 or less and we have $25 great, now the pumpers and sellers come out in full force and sell us on the idea that we should trade in the 25,000 for the new lower dinars because this is temporary and will raise in value over the next few days months (Really years) and we are all back in the rat race again. I invested in this years ago with the thought that no way can I make 25 thousand dollars with 25 dollar investment. I did think I would make something for my investment.  After watching the IQD over the years it is obvious that this investment will be nice if I get my money back and I will not be buying into the new smaller dinar in this very unstable world over there. When this happens and pumpers and sellers come out remember what you have gone through in the last 10 years. Ask your self is it worth it. The whole middle east is falling apart and I don't want to be apart of.

• Upvote 3

Just my opinion, as we see development in the dinar world. I hear alot of talk about the deletions of the 3 zeros.  Think about this it makes sense for the iqd. We have 25,000 and they drop the 0's and we have 25. They then Rv to 1 to 1 or less and we have $25 great, now the pumpers and sellers come out in full force and sell us on the idea that we should trade in the 25,000 for the new lower dinars because this is temporary and will raise in value over the next few days months (Really years) and we are all back in the rat race again. I invested in this years ago with the thought that no way can I make 25 thousand dollars with 25 dollar investment. I did think I would make something for my investment.  After watching the IQD over the years it is obvious that this investment will be nice if I get my money back and I will not be buying into the new smaller dinar in this very unstable world over there. When this happens and pumpers and sellers come out remember what you have gone through in the last 10 years. Ask your self is it worth it. The whole middle east is falling apart and I don't want to be apart of.

Sell your investment. Dump it. My beloved country is the one falling apart. Iraq is staged for unlimited wealth and power to match. Just dump your IQD and buy some penny stock. Get back to work. JP

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

What you see as a region falling apart... I see as a rebirth of a region that wants to be a democracy!  What... you thought it was going to be a smooth transition? Silly rabbit... quite the opposite.  It's going to be messy and painful.  No one really knows how this will play out, but change is inevitable!

Edited by carolina.broker
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

this is one of the reasons why I have mostly 50 note dinars - can't take three zeroes of that.  I was never comfortable with a note of 25,000

Sorry but "removing the zero's" really means move the decimal point to the left three spaces...say hello to your five cent note.

That is if removing the zero's means lop...I have no clue.Sure hope thats not what it means...we shall see.

• Upvote 1

Looking at the mess in the Middle East it seems to me that it is no different than it was three or four thousand years ago. Tribe against tribe, region against region. Money and power, money and power. The have and the have nots. Nothing has changed except the names.

We wait and see. Go RV!

• Upvote 2

This is how I personally see things :

removing the 3 zeroes means moving the decimal point to the left 3 places thus .00086 becomes.86, .86 IQD equals 1 USD, equals $1 divided by $.86 = $1.162 USD so if they remove the 3 zeroes from the nominal value (which Shabibi has said they would do) then we receive 1 dollar and 16.2 cents for each 1 Dinar we hold, they bring out the lower denoms (which have 3 languages on them) as part of the same series of notes not replacing the notes we have but are in addition to them, they have been removing the 3 zeroes notes from Iraq for years thru the auctions (they will probably continues to remove the large notes just like the USA did with our $10,000,$5,000 $1,000 notes) thus taking about additional 2 years to complete this cycle after this Revaluation,  when the notes are taken in at the banks they are taken away from the system and destroyed and replaced electronically,  in the future when the Q cards are activated most of the transactions will be electronic monies (Dinar) and for the small transactions the lower denoms will be used for everyday transactions thus wallets will be a new fashion statement;) to the Iraqi people as they will be able to carry enough currency to by milk and bread without a wheelbarrow! after this happens Iraq will raise there value higher yet to become "the most valuable currency in the region" which is Kwd at $3.49 right now.

• Upvote 3

not a new push, many already promote or believe the Redenominate then Revalue crap as if there would be profit in it. Worse than that is those that think or promote a "Redenomination" is a good thing.

• Upvote 2

Badrabbit, I think you are correct and I like that scenario.  Problem is, no one knows exactly what Iraq will do.  The Lop gives no value to the dinar and doesn't really help the people or us.  I hope the Lop doesn't happen.  But again, none of us knows.  We all have confident opinions, but they're only opinions.  Until it happens, we can only hope for the best. 

What you see as a region falling apart... I see as a rebirth of a region that wants to be a democracy!  What... you thought it was going to be a smooth transition? Silly rabbit... quite the opposite.  It's going to be messy and painful.  No one really knows how this will play out, but change is inevitable!

The region may want a democracy, but what they need is a Republic.  

• Upvote 1

Ok... But the point is that none of us would have gotten into it if we knew we'd get the same ( or less) we paid for..Obviously......We all thought we were going to profit big ( or at least fairly) time from this adventure..Surely this conviction for many of us ( myself included) was the result of Gurus work....

Then as the days, weeks, months,years went by we realized it was going to be more difficult than we had originally planned.... I guess for many of us now the idea of hitting it big has faded away for the most part... Personally I still would like to make a profit , no matter how little at this point... Hopefully it won't turn out in a loss..

• Upvote 3

This is how I personally see things :

removing the 3 zeroes means moving the decimal point to the left 3 places thus .00086 becomes.86, .86 IQD equals 1 USD, equals $1 divided by $.86 = $1.162 USD so if they remove the 3 zeroes from the nominal value (which Shabibi has said they would do) then we

Move to your OTHER left!

If you take .00086 and move the decimal 3 to the real left you get .00000086!

But I know what you wrote is not what you meant!

But I also know from many other examples , removing 3 zeros means taking 25,000 to 25.

Ok... But the point is that none of us would have gotten into it if we knew we'd get the same ( or less) we paid for..Obviously......We all thought we were going to profit big ( or at least fairly) time from this adventure..Surely this conviction for many of us ( myself included) was the result of Gurus work....

Then as the days, weeks, months,years went by we realized it was going to be more difficult than we had originally planned.... I guess for many of us now the idea of hitting it big has faded away for the most part... Personally I still would like to make a profit , no matter how little at this point... Hopefully it won't turn out in a loss..

Agreed.

Heck, if I could just end up with a minimum-wage equivalent from all of the time I've spent chasing IQD "intel" on this ride, I'd be pretty well off.

• Upvote 2

I have become an unwilling student of economy... Never once had the desire to major in economics.... Wayyyyy too many numbers salted with theory and mechanics...

I really really like the thinking that the zeros would be removed from what's called the nominal value, the exchange rate.... And I have yet to read any monetary policy or theoretical construct that uses this as a mechanism to approach their specific currency. I've done a a lot of searching for Shabibi comments in the past few years and have yet to find a quote from him stating he would remove the zeros from the exchange rate. Among others, I've found statements saying Iraq would decimalize (thereby absorbing the damage of counterfeit bills), and one article(maybe it was two, I have to go back and look) quoting him saying that Iraq would rebase. It was after that I wrote the post about not liking what I was reading. I was happy dancing when Shabibi left, with the hope that his theoretical approach to monetary policy would be replaced with something more along the lines of a free float, or a very low reindex (RV) before the removal of the zeros..... Like SportFisher, I can't understand why anyone would think that removing zeros is a good thing (before an RV....of even a penny)....

That said, I know someone who has boatload of low denominations... There was a time when the goo roos came up with the idea that lower denominations would keep us safe from the zero removal project and threw that out there are the only sure method for protecting and/or sustaining your worth... (my "someone" had theirs long before that).

So one day I sat in front of this pile of low denominations thinking about the implications of zero removal as I stared at all these bills with one or two or 3 zeros...... Most of us don't keep piles of money laying around... most of us have bank accounts wherein the amount of money we have is recorded as electronic decimal figures....

So putting all that together, it becomes pretty evident to me that, when Iraq prints lower denominations, they will be switching to a brand new currency and will be replacing all of the notes. Why do I say that? Cause I can't figure out how else it would work.

If you remove all zeros up to three off the physical currency .... wouldn't it look like this:

If you take 3 zeros off the 25,000.00, 10,000.00 5,000.00 and 1000.00 notes

two zeros off the 500.00 note

one zero off the 250.00 and 50.00 note

you get:

25.00 10.00 5.00 and 1.00

25.00 and 5.00

Somehow you'd end up with 3 different denominations of different values now equaling the same value of 5.00 if you simply removed whatever zeros existed (up to three)

Or is the thinking that Iraq will only remove zeros off currency that has 3 zeros, and keep the current bills with less than 3 zeros... So that a previous 5000.00 Iraq note would now have the same value as the previous 500.00 note and a 50.00 note?

Why would a monetary policy come up with some kind of equation wherein,

if you have a million dinar in 50 dinar notes,

versus in 25, 000.00 dinar notes,

and you revalue 1:1,

that the person holding the physical 50.00 notes would have a million dollars

while the person holding physical 25,000.00 note would have only 10 thousand dollars?

That kind of makes less sense than Okie talking about an RV every Monday (which apparently he now says will never happen on a Monday) ....

I am horrible horrible at math... admitted... the worst.... How else could this be viewed such that a different scenario is possible...

This is clearly one of those times I would be very happy to be wrong across the board... and would gladly defer to a different logical progression.... :D

PS is someone is saying that the 50 dinar note would hold greater value than the 25,000.00 note with zeros removed to become a 25 dinar note.... I would really like it if they could trace out how that would work...

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 2

News translation out of Iraq is a little difficult to decipher, but at this point, let's just hope all of the the GOI talk of "remove the zeros" means one of the following 2 things:

1. Adjust the exchange rate, IE: .0008576 = .8576 or about 86 cents (USD) after "removal" of 3 zeros... OR

2. Removal from Circulation of all of the 1000, 5000, 10,000 and 25,000 bills as they come into the banks and either replace them with e-currency (cards) or smaller denoms 50's, 100's, 200's, 500's etc

Otherwise, we might be looking at the dreaded "bunny eared" LOP, which none of us want to see and really would not help the Iraqi economy from a currency valuation standpoint, unless I missed something.