Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

For Bravo, et al

SSI

No kidding, there, Sherlock...however, the point is someone working security IN Baghdad is being told that there are preparations to eradicate foreign currencies from the marketplace.

Be nice SSI. Hope it's true. Occam's Razor usually applies....

BTW, how can a country eradicate the USD without RD? We're all ears!

Edited by DinarChiTown
  • Upvote 2

Okay InIraq, we need on this one! Did you hear something about this in the streets or through friends? Your one of us who lives there.

Have not heard anything to back this info up. I will ask the vendors today.They actually have auctions for U.S. currency here. The Iraqis I deal with have both currencies in their possession.

Edited by In Iraq
  • Upvote 2

Have not heard anything to back this info up. I will ask the vendors today.They actually have auctions for U.S. currency here. The Iraqis I deal with have both currencies in their possession.

Dude, your awesome! Thanks for the legwork. Thats why I love DV. Debunk or RV!

• Upvote 1

In Iraq, if you deal with local vendors on a daily basis, could you ask a question to several of them? IF the IQD was on par with the USD, which would they choose to use? Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Exactly. However, when and IF this thing ever goes down, the dinar will become the predominant mode of exchange in the marketplace per WTO guidelines. The USD would still be used to some extent, however, the WTO clearly states that an internationally recognized country must use it's own currency for the majority of cash transactions. And this is what the guy was alluding to. Thanks for commenting and please let me know what you find out, if anything.

• Upvote 2

In Iraq, if you deal with local vendors on a daily basis, could you ask a question to several of them? IF the IQD was on par with the USD, which would they choose to use? Thanks!

Given a choice, I'm certain it would be the USD. However, if we ever see this come to fruition, the LDs would become the most used currency for cash transactions if they want to be recognized internationally. It would make sense that there are people there to facilitate such a major change as it would not be an easy process for the locals to get used to.

Carrello...I don't think I have ever read a post of yours that I disagree with...you are always so right on! P.S. Great thread SSI, thanks for the info and welcome to DV!

Thank you, Bamagirl, and belated congratulations! I never joined this site until recently due to the overwhelming negativity, which I've just been reminded of. :)

• Upvote 1

BTW, how can a country eradicate the USD without RD? We're all ears!

Thank you, but I've been nice and I specifically asked for Bravo and some others to comment as this information parallels what they've heard. I didn't ask for these smartaleck comments and I'm not going to put up with them.

The USD would be used to some extent, but eradicated as the main mode of monetary transfer. In the event of a WTO ascension, the dinar would become the predominant currency in immediate fashion. If the CBI is to be believed, then the remaining large notes and the LDs would co-exist until the large notes are completely removed.

• Upvote 2

SSI, where in Georgia are you from? I grew up in Doraville and moved to Florida a couple of years ago from Savannah.

Nice to meet you fellow Georgian and dee-nahr holder!

I'm originally from Carrollton (W GA) and we just recently moved here to be closer to my siblings. My brother and his wife live here on the island and my sister and her family live on Skidaway in Savannah. My brother in law is from there originally.

Given a choice, I'm certain it would be the USD. However, if we ever see this come to fruition, the LDs would become the most used currency for cash transactions if they want to be recognized internationally. It would make sense that there are people there to facilitate such a major change as it would not be an easy process for the locals to get used to.

Thank you, Bamagirl, and belated congratulations! I never joined this site until recently due to the overwhelming negativity, which I've just been reminded of. :)

Thanks SSI! About the negative...sometimes it best to just skip it and not respond, it just fuels their fire. Just keep updating when you can, all info is appreciated!

• Upvote 2

Love the Island...I actually lived in Richmond Hill. I was stationed at Hunter AAF. And when I got out in 04 stayed there until 3 years ago. Now I'm enjoying the beach in Tampa Bay...lol.

Nice! I've been to Tampa a couple of times and it's a great city that doesn't overwhelm you like some other Fla locales. I visited St. Simons for the first time way, WAY back in my UGA days and we vacationed here regularly after that. RV or no RV, I think the wife and I (and our litter of kids) found our little pot of gold! :)

And THANK YOU for your service to our country!

Sorry, but this guy has been a friend of my fathers for decades and isn't making this one up. A contractor of some sorts literally said this today (whether it's accurate or not) so enough of the "nice try" stuff. I'm no pumper or liar.

BINGO! Many, MANY moons ago, I read something from the WTO stating that a country with an internationally currency has to predominantly utilize it in the marketplace.

Thnaks for reminding me about this I had put it in the back of my mind. Thank you as well for bringing us this info please keep us posted. It would be awsome to hear how this matches up with what Bravo was hearing and matchs his "should be done by Valentines Day" time frame nicely...SSI ignore the negitive people some just like to be that way. I bet their attitude changes when they get some extra zeros in their banking account....Cheers to ya!!!

• Upvote 1

Thanks SSI! About the negative...sometimes it best to just skip it and not respond, it just fuels their fire. Just keep updating when you can, all info is appreciated!

I'll let you in on a little secret...I enjoy the sparring as long as it doesn't get too personal :). I will NEVER start the jawing, but this thread was begun to get feedback from Bravo and some of those other guys that were talking last week. I shall stand my ground until he makes an appearance and gives us his two cents :)

Thnaks for reminding me about this I had put it in the back of my mind. Thank you as well for bringing us this info please keep us posted. It would be awsome to hear how this matches up with what Bravo was hearing and matchs his "should be done by Valentines Day" time frame nicely...SSI ignore the negitive people some just like to be that way. I bet their attitude changes when they get some extra zeros in their banking account....Cheers to ya!!!

Thanks, man...I'm curious as to whether he's still hearing the same as he was the last week or so. I just about dropped the phone when I heard this news yesterday because it's so similar. And the guy who shared this with us has never heard of Bravo, DV, etc...

I'll let you in on a little secret...I enjoy the sparring as long as it doesn't get too personal :). I will NEVER start the jawing, but this thread was begun to get feedback from Bravo and some of those other guys that were talking last week. I shall stand my ground until he makes an appearance and gives us his two cents :)

Thanks, man...I'm curious as to whether he's still hearing the same as he was the last week or so. I just about dropped the phone when I heard this news yesterday because it's so similar. And the guy who shared this with us has never heard of Bravo, DV, etc...

Here's to a positive weekend!!!! ;):)

Hey guys,

My little deenar group here in GA has an accountant that's been in this investment for years on the direction of one of his financial buddies in FL. Well...this guy is doing the taxes for someone who has been working as a security contractor of some sorts in Iraq. He finally gets in touch with him today after attempts failed all week. After finishing their business, our buddy asks this guy what is going on over there. He said that the streets are flush with USD, Euro, etc., and pretty much everything but the deenar. Well, this guy says that they are there to help keep things stable when the USD, etc., is removed from the streets BY Feb 1st. Now, one of the WTO requirements is for a country to utilize it's own currency (hello, new, internationally recognized LDs!!!) and not someone else's (goodbye, USD!!!). And finally, isn't this kind of what Bravo eluded to when he said that two of his contractor buddies were rushed back unexpectedly for something big??

No BS, so neg or plus me...I honestly don't care.

SSI

ok heres the deal, i agree with part of this>>"He said that the streets are flush with USD, Euro, etc., and pretty much everything but the deenar"

and if we follow "current events" we just sent more dollars to Iraq recently. Why? one word "iran" news out this morning shows Iraqi business men crossing the border into Iran waiving fist fulls of dollars in the streets of tehran and people are buying the dollars 40% above current market value. this destablizes Irans finacial markets even more. Iranian people arent stupid. they know this is going on.This destablization gets the "people" of Iran to revolt against there own govt. the people of iran already do not like there current regime. they know there riil (spelling?) is on the decrease by design. from last week to today the riil (spelling?) has decrease quickly by 20%.....its all about the Iranian sanctions ....this is not speculation...this is a FACT!!!

Also in recent current Iraqi news, they clearly states, Iraqi banks arent ready, 2012 budget not done, and delate the zeros revalue to be started end of 2012 into 2013....red neg me if you please, but these are facts

ok heres the deal, i agree with part of this>>"He said that the streets are flush with USD, Euro, etc., and pretty much everything but the deenar"

and if we follow "current events" we just sent more dollars to Iraq recently. Why? one word "iran" news out this morning shows Iraqi business men crossing the border into Iran waiving fist fulls of dollars in the streets of tehran and people are buying the dollars 40% above current market value. this destablizes Irans finacial markets even more. Iranian people arent stupid. they know this is going on.This destablization gets the "people" of Iran to revolt against there own govt. the people of iran already do not like there current regime. they know there riil (spelling?) is on the decrease by design. from last week to today the riil (spelling?) has decrease quickly by 20%.....its all about the Iranian sanctions ....this is not speculation...this is a FACT!!!

Also in recent current Iraqi news, they clearly states, Iraqi banks arent ready, 2012 budget not done, and delate the zeros revalue to be started end of 2012 into 2013....red neg me if you please, but these are facts

No negs for you. My friend. I've been keeping up with the Iranian situation as much as Iraq lately, and the sanctions and devaluing of the rial are indeed facts that bear watching as these events are all related. And China just recently cut their Iranian oil imports in half, essentially, and are apparently gonna do much more business with Iraq. However, this guy stated that there is also change coming in regards to the Iraqi marketplace. A lot of articles indicate that the change is coming "soon" and will take two years to complete. Thus, the LDs and remaining 000's would co-exist. And think about this: the auctions have been high for some time as the CBI has been exchanging dinar for USD. NOW, we have these USD floating into Iran as we intentionally crashed the rial. Now, when/if Iraq ascends into the WTO they must have one predominant currency. And although the USD will still be seen to some extent, it would certainly help matters if they went someplace else (like Iran) so that the locals would get used to the new LDs at a faster pace. Thank you for bringing this up as all the points are connecting. And I can't wait for Rial Vets to start up, LOL!!!

• Upvote 1

Another GA boy...

Iraqi translators & instructors at the GA Language Center at Ft Gordon are hearing positive reports from their families in Iraq regarding the RV. Military personnel attending the language classes pass on what they hear. Buy IQD now before it all dries up & it will.

Because of this intel or 1st hand info, Ft Gordon has one of the largest concentrations of IQD investors in all the nation thanks to our Iraqi language instructors. I am a contractor at Ft Gordon. I have co-workers still in Baghdad. They e-mail me often. I'm very confident we are close to a RV.

Go Deeeeeenar.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Another GA boy...

Iraqi translators & instructors at the GA Language Center at Ft Gordon are hearing positive reports from their families in Iraq regarding the RV. Military personnel attending the language classes pass on what they hear. Buy IQD now before it all dries up & it will.

Because of this intel or 1st hand info, Ft Gordon has one of the largest concentrations of IQD investors in all the nation thanks to our Iraqi language instructors. I am a contractor at Ft Gordon. I have co-workers still in Baghdad. They e-mail me often. I'm very confident we are close to a RV.

Go Deeeeeenar.

I love it!!! GOOO DEE-NAHR!!!

A good buddy of mine has a brother who attended West Point and is possibly the most negative person on the east coast and constantly derided my guy for investing in the deenar. However, he called him over the summer and told my friend that he had just purchased his first batch from DB in Atl. When pressed, this guy said that he had just attended a cookout for a military buddy that just got back from the sandbox. This guy didn't know the rate or date but convinced everyone there that everything he was hearing was positive and that everyone needed to start investing ASAP. Not earth shattering news, but the conviction that he must have shown to convince my friend's brother must have been pretty convincing LOL!

• Upvote 1