Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

For Bravo, et al

SSI

Have not heard anything to back this info up. I will ask the vendors today.They actually have auctions for U.S. currency here. The Iraqis I deal with have both currencies in their possession.

With all respect due, the poster said nada about whether or not a store clerk has any idea of this nor that the people of Iraq have been told to do anything with their USD. SSI is simply sharing information that someone we know heard in a contractors meeting in Iraq in the last two days. Now I agree, it would help verify that this project is started if a store clerk had been told something, anything. But if they haven't, it doesn't change anything about what posted initially or make any of it bs or lies.

• Upvote 3

Nice to meet you fellow Georgian and dee-nahr holder!

I'm originally from Carrollton (W GA) and we just recently moved here to be closer to my siblings. My brother and his wife live here on the island and my sister and her family live on Skidaway in Savannah. My brother in law is from there originally.

Well Howdy Y'all. I grew up in Brunswick and even lived on SSI at one time. I moved to Savannah as an adult, where I met my husband, and have been in Texas over 20 years now. Georgia will always be on my mind. :)

Agreed! The streets of Iraq have been flushed with USD and Euro since the initial swap, duh! The recent uptick in daily auctions seems to be the black market and all the USD being smuggled to Syria and Iran because of the sanctions and cash shortages. Means nothing to an imminent RV. The sky is blue today, must mean imminent RV mentality.

could have said it better ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Well Howdy Y'all. I grew up in Brunswick and even lived on SSI at one time. I moved to Savannah as an adult, where I met my husband, and have been in Texas over 20 years now. Georgia will always be on my mind. :)

Well, very nice to make your acquaintance Ms. brbrlocke! These dee-nahr forums sure do make for a small world, don't they? :D We've been visiting here for years, but just decided to make it permanent, and we LOVE IT! And my sister and her family are just up the road in Savannah.

With all respect due, the poster said nada about whether or not a store clerk has any idea of this nor that the people of Iraq have been told to do anything with their USD. SSI is simply sharing information that someone we know heard in a contractors meeting in Iraq in the last two days. Now I agree, it would help verify that this project is started if a store clerk had been told something, anything. But if they haven't, it doesn't change anything about what posted initially or make any of it bs or lies.

All I can say is you will find out in a couple of weeks, right? :D

• Upvote 1

Carrello...I don't think I have ever read a post of yours that I disagree with...you are always so right on! P.S. Great thread SSI, thanks for the info and welcome to DV!

Does that mean I buy you a drink in LV, or you buy me a drink in LV? Or do we just have two rounds? .....I vote two rounds B)

• Upvote 1

Awesome! Puts a smile on my face... Maybe I can quit my job at Hades! My boss seems like the devil himself sometimes!

Thanks fer sharin'!

KK

Don't quit yet. Just envision you and your boss standing in a room nude, but the difference is you have $100 bills hanging out of your hair, your fists are full of C notes, and you have a smirk on your face.

As soon as you actually get the fistful of $100s, then quit.....and smile.

• Upvote 2

All I can say is you will find out in a couple of weeks, right? :D

I suppose so. Since we are all in this for the same reason, we should all hope this to be true. Again, no one is spreading Intel or date/rate predictions for the RV with this post, but simply passing along something we heard. That's all. Be safe.

Does that mean I buy you a drink in LV, or you buy me a drink in LV? Or do we just have two rounds? .....I vote two rounds B)

I'll buy both of you southern belles the 3rd round! We can celebrate the RV and Bama's National Championship! Well done Bama.......your defense was awesome!

Thanks for the post SSI, and yes, keep us in the loop. wink.gif

Come on boyz... git-r-dun!!!biggrin.gif

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

This thing might go into overtime! wink.gif One question... who is gonna be the D.D.? (designated driver) rolleyes.gif

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif

• Upvote 1

Don't quit yet. Just envision you and your boss standing in a room nude, but the difference is you have $100 bills hanging out of your hair, your fists are full of C notes, and you have a smirk on your face.

As soon as you actually get the fistful of $100s, then quit.....and smile.

Not sure I wanna envision that. Sounds kinky! :lol::D

Too bad it's not true...there is no such deadline for removal of the usd from iraq by 2/1/12....that's just more made up bs. I visit iraq regualrly and have many freinds who live there. Got multiple people saying no such deadline.....nice try though :shakehead:

Just to go along with the program here...................please list your Iraqi contacts names and phone #s. And just for kicks, let's see a copy of your passport. Stamped of course. :lol: So Says........................DayTrader

• Upvote 1

"They are there to help keep things stable on the streets" now that interests me. Which group has the numbers required to even attempt that, or is in tight enough to get such a remit from any Gov. department?. What is going to happen when the number of flights from Russia gets mentioned.

• Upvote 2

Lol...two rounds, why stop there, we will be celebrating!!

Carello and Bama-no worries. I have never read a thread that I disagreed with that either of you post, also. I will be the DD. I don't drink, but I can down a couple of Pepsi Max's.

WooHoo...we have a DD!!

• Upvote 2

At this point I would think that you would know how to spell Dinar. Post your fluff elsewhere.

I Think he was playing on the Good ole Southern Boy accent and talking Southern Country slang, (sorta like tongue in cheek as to This is what I know), This hereees just my own southern opinion y'all, so don't git your drawers all wadded up), he has a right to his slang of choice and his opinion.

• Upvote 2

:shakehead:

Too bad it's not true...there is no such deadline for removal of the usd from iraq by 2/1/12....that's just more made up bs. I visit iraq regualrly and have many freinds who live there. Got multiple people saying no such deadline.....nice try though :shakehead:

Au contraire. It most likely is true. Any deadlines regarding currency in Iraq are Shabibi's alone, and somehow I doubt that he confides in your friends who live there-- or even in you when you're in town. :shakehead:

• Upvote 2