Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Phoenix CONFIRMED Serious rumor is FACT (email from KA) 12/07/2011

Papster

I agree Carrello. Interesting thought. You should run that by Adam. There seems to be a lot of of newbies around here lately that like to stir the pot in an ugly way.

It may seem unbelieveable, but you should have been here a year ago, it was really bad. Now it seems that Ms. Manners went through and did some housekeeping. Oh, you have no idea. This is nothing.

But this is America, we uphold the freedom of speech, and this is a forum for all.

But it you misbehave, Adam willhave you banned. B)

Ok , this all might mean nothing , BUT, I have just gone online to the bank , here in Scotland, where I have always ordered my dinar from. Now normally , I would just put in how much I want and pay for it. It then gets delivered to the house within 24 hours. Today I can't do it! Absolutely nada! FOR ANY FOREIGN CURRENCY!! NOT JUST THE EXOTIC ONES!!! I tried several different ones , including US Dollars, Euros, and Aussie Dollars.......... Nada. So I called the bank and explained I was trying to order currency online , blah, blah, blah. The teller on the other end tells me they are NOT taking any orders at present because they do NOT have a current rate !! So I asked if he had any idea when the system would be functional again and he says "no, it went wrong early last week and nobody knows why. ". I then asked if he could recommend somewhere that I could order Iraqi Dinar and he says, after a brief silence, "probably nowhere outside of Iraq, at least not in the UK," I then asked if there was a problem obtaining dinar and he says, "only since the system failed".

I don't know if it means anything , but thought I would share. Makes you wonder if this is a global issue ?? HMmmmmmmmm. :)

Thanks Betty for the info,that was very interesting to say the least,I think something is gonna happen!! How's the back? Hope everything is ok,I'm having a second fusion L 3 to L4 to L5 all this on Dec 20th boy right before Christmas oh well if this thing hits I wont care LOL thanks again BB all my best Ron

I do not know if anyone saw this but not to long ago (within the last 6 months) it was heavily speculated that Germany was trying to crash the Euro and go back to its own currency and have the strongest currency in Europe. The rumors were even going so far as saying that they were already printing the Dmark. I have family over there and they would like nothing better then to be out of the Euro. They always say if the people had been allowed to vote they never would have entered into the EU. Merkel is losing support in her own country and I do not believe she will survive another round of elections.

They (Germany and France) stated in the meetings today that they would go to the 17 member agreement if they can't get all on board. So don't be surprised if they kick some folks out, I will not be surprised either way.

I can tell you that currency exchanges still carry the VND, IQD, and others. They did have issues last week getting correct rates on their screens but have not stopped buying or selling. Am headed there tomorrow so I will report back my findings.

Finally someone who is up on current affairs and is not endlessly in the rumor section hanging on every little fake RV notice

• Upvote 1

I just called my credit union were i get my VD from (that sounds bad) and they gave me a rate for Dong. They dont carry dinar so I didnt ask about that. But im guessing whatever screen she was reading from had rates for at least the dong. So, maybe the dinar is different but i think, IMO, the infamous bank screen pic is a fake or a "glitch".

I tell ya, the ol VND has made for some great fodder here on DV. While i'm at it, I just have to say that you better have that looked at and prepare accordingly the next time you "rendezvous" with your credit union! :P And credit union, hmmmm, so that's what we're calling them now. :D

• Upvote 2

hmmmm this may be a dumb question, but Sanssouci makes an interesting observation, could this be the dissolving of the Euro?

From an investment standpoint, it makes sense. Better to have many country currencies to work with than a single continental currency. Ya think? Sure would be exciting for any forex professional.... and folks that have a NEW FOUND WEALTH that want to play the currency market! I'm just trying to think outside the box at what could be possibly going through "the man's" head.

Here are 2:

1. Short the Euro/Dollar forex pair. This is very volital and if you don't know what you're doing, you could lose ALL you money invested.

2. Purchase the Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) EUO. It is stocks that move inversely to the way that the EUO moves and it moves twice as much. It is a somewhat risky. If you're shorting it when the EURO collapses, CHA CHING$$$.

Mak63

Man, Mak.... I'm envious of your trading knowledge. I can only hope that when this thing pops, i'll have the money to play with and be able to hone my skills in the market(s). Baby steps of course. Cheers to your financial intelligence and to a RV! Chao.

Ok , this all might mean nothing , BUT, I have just gone online to the bank , here in Scotland, where I have always ordered my dinar from. Now normally , I would just put in how much I want and pay for it. It then gets delivered to the house within 24 hours. Today I can't do it! Absolutely nada! FOR ANY FOREIGN CURRENCY!! NOT JUST THE EXOTIC ONES!!! I tried several different ones , including US Dollars, Euros, and Aussie Dollars.......... Nada. So I called the bank and explained I was trying to order currency online , blah, blah, blah. The teller on the other end tells me they are NOT taking any orders at present because they do NOT have a current rate !! So I asked if he had any idea when the system would be functional again and he says "no, it went wrong early last week and nobody knows why. ". I then asked if he could recommend somewhere that I could order Iraqi Dinar and he says, after a brief silence, "probably nowhere outside of Iraq, at least not in the UK," I then asked if there was a problem obtaining dinar and he says, "only since the system failed".

I don't know if it means anything , but thought I would share. Makes you wonder if this is a global issue ?? HMmmmmmmmm. :)

Excellent Betty!!Great job.You still need that sunscreen rubbed in after the RV I will meet you anywhere in the world to do it!!!!

Cheers,

Sparky

I tell ya, the ol VND has made for some great fodder here on DV. While i'm at it, I just have to say that you better have that looked at and prepare accordingly the next time you "rendezvous" with your credit union! tongue.gif And credit union, hmmmm, so that's what we're calling them now. biggrin.gif

OMg...... ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT WAY TO GET THE DAY GOING!!!!!

Alright I had to go to the bank for work today. So, I figured I will see if they happen to know anything since I have a good relationship with them (better then my own bank) It is a smaller bank not a National Bank. I spoke with the woman who handles our work account. She is not sophisticated on currencies could not even pronounce dinar correctly so she has no dog in this race so to speak. Our conversation went like this:

Hello "Lisa" I have a question to ask you. I have heard a lot of rumors regarding individuals trying to get foreign currency for certain countries at their banks. Do you buy and sell foreign currency? She said that they have to order it. What they do when someone asks for it like I had a person the other day ask for deenaria, You mean dinar? Yes, sorry I call the back room tell them the amount and they take care of it from there. I said so you were able to get it? She said "yes, I then had someone ask for Euro's yesterday and no problem. I said OK, well the rumor going around has been that emerging countries or exotics the screens at the bank are showing 0000. She said well the system we use is IBB and so far it is working. She then said to be honest we send most people to the currency exchange down at the mall. Oh, you mean "Steve's" place? Oh is that is name, I don't know I usually give them one of these coupon's and send them there. I said well I guess that would put that rumor to rest what does IBB stand for by the way? She said I don't know lets see if I can log in. She went to the screen and it stands for Independent bankers bank. She was able to log in and let me view the screen. We did not see the dinar right away on the pull up screen so she picked India and the rupee there was a rate no zero's. She then tried another currency Indonesia and it too showed a rate. She said if I hear anything I will let you know. Then she said funny we picked Indonesia, did you see the paper today? I said no I hadn't had a chance yet today, why? She said that they were showing how well things are going over there, how their stock market is improving and they are booming. I said really, will have to grab one later and take a look.

That is what I have from the bank. Now maybe other banks use different companies or services but this was my experience. Was hoping for zero's on the screen but not with their particular supplier. Now, I did not attempt to order any currency so, I do not know of their availability as in Betty's case. I also have not had a chance yet to go to the currency exchange. It is still on my list for today, I will report back my findings. They may have something different to report!

I tell ya, the ol VND has made for some great fodder here on DV. While i'm at it, I just have to say that you better have that looked at and prepare accordingly the next time you "rendezvous" with your credit union! :P And credit union, hmmmm, so that's what we're calling them now. :D

SOOOO easy to keep this going, in a nasty VD at the credit union on my dong way.

How about needing to make a deposit first to get VD? Too nasty? When the troops pullout?

Sorry, I apologize.

Alright I had to go to the bank for work today. So, I figured I will see if they happen to know anything since I have a good relationship with them (better then my own bank) It is a smaller bank not a National Bank. I spoke with the woman who handles our work account. She is not sophisticated on currencies could not even pronounce dinar correctly so she has no dog in this race so to speak. Our conversation went like this:

Hello "Lisa" I have a question to ask you. I have heard a lot of rumors regarding individuals trying to get foreign currency for certain countries at their banks. Do you buy and sell foreign currency? She said that they have to order it. What they do when someone asks for it like I had a person the other day ask for deenaria, You mean dinar? Yes, sorry I call the back room tell them the amount and they take care of it from there. I said so you were able to get it? She said "yes, I then had someone ask for Euro's yesterday and no problem. I said OK, well the rumor going around has been that emerging countries or exotics the screens at the bank are showing 0000. She said well the system we use is IBB and so far it is working. She then said to be honest we send most people to the currency exchange down at the mall. Oh, you mean "Steve's" place? Oh is that is name, I don't know I usually give them one of these coupon's and send them there. I said well I guess that would put that rumor to rest what does IBB stand for by the way? She said I don't know lets see if I can log in. She went to the screen and it stands for Independent bankers bank. She was able to log in and let me view the screen. We did not see the dinar right away on the pull up screen so she picked India and the rupee there was a rate no zero's. She then tried another currency Indonesia and it too showed a rate. She said if I hear anything I will let you know. Then she said funny we picked Indonesia, did you see the paper today? I said no I hadn't had a chance yet today, why? She said that they were showing how well things are going over there, how their stock market is improving and they are booming. I said really, will have to grab one later and take a look.

That is what I have from the bank. Now maybe other banks use different companies or services but this was my experience. Was hoping for zero's on the screen but not with their particular supplier. Now, I did not attempt to order any currency so, I do not know of their availability as in Betty's case. I also have not had a chance yet to go to the currency exchange. It is still on my list for today, I will report back my findings. They may have something different to report!

Are you in the states? The rates would have been good to collect.

I just confirmed, with my bank again in Texas, rates are still zero for all the Rupees, China, Iraq ect... They use something called Currency Teller, I have no idea of the back end database.

If Phoenix believes in little green men, then of course he will believe and give credit to the bank screen story! It does not matter if the dinar shows up with zeroes, when it RV's it will show the correct rate. For all who are worried about the "Euro", don't be worried. No one will let it collapse, especially the good old USA!

I just confirmed, with my bank again in Texas, rates are still zero for all the Rupees, China, Iraq ect... They use something called Currency Teller, I have no idea of the back end database.

Yes, I am stateside.

But not in Texas.

Edited by Abarvets

Guys, just a thought....... i vaguely recall looking at a site a long time ago and even although the Euro is in use the currencies for each country were still listed. At the time it did not make any sense to me either. However, and this has litterly just occurred to me......and i don't know if this is going to make sense, but could it be that even although their currencies are listed that there is some sort of requirement for this.? Could this be in order to monitor the economy of each individual country? Sorry i do not follow trading and currencies enough to really know, it is only a suggestion.:( If i recall correctly they were listed a bit like as follows:-

FRENCH FRANC.....0.2345 / EURO = 1.46

GREEK DRACHMA......0.4321/ EURO=146.......etc.

Sorry this is all i can recall and these are not the exact numbers, just used for an example of what i meant by having seen them listed somewhere.:blink:

Hi Betty,

That was a good suggestion, but EUROs carry alphabetised country codes for monitoring purposes.

• Upvote 1

mojeck.....Currency Teller if you don't know is owned by.....here I just pulled it off their site and its their bank to bank site and you need to be a member to log on.

© 2011 Wells Fargo Bank N.A. All rights reserved

I do not know if anyone saw this but not to long ago (within the last 6 months) it was heavily speculated that Germany was trying to crash the Euro and go back to its own currency and have the strongest currency in Europe. The rumors were even going so far as saying that they were already printing the Dmark. I have family over there and they would like nothing better then to be out of the Euro. They always say if the people had been allowed to vote they never would have entered into the EU. Merkel is losing support in her own country and I do not believe she will survive another round of elections.

They (Germany and France) stated in the meetings today that they would go to the 17 member agreement if they can't get all on board. So don't be surprised if they kick some folks out, I will not be surprised either way.

I can tell you that currency exchanges still carry the VND, IQD, and others. They did have issues last week getting correct rates on their screens but have not stopped buying or selling. Am headed there tomorrow so I will report back my findings.

You're onto something Arbavet......

Germany sold 150k troy ounces to the ministry of finance to mint....... commemorative gold coins?!?! Commemorative of what? The fall of the Euro?! biggrin.gif < smiley face link.

Goodbye Euro. Goodbye Merkel. It's been real. It's been nice. But it hasn't been real nice.

Edited by Sanssouci

Wow a lot of stuff on the screens. So what they show zeros. I have gone to my bank to buy foreign currencies and yes they have the rates, but sometimes I could not buy any when it had the zeros. That happens for different reasons. It is nothing to take to the bank in this rv. If your bank sells foreign currency, ask to buy the Euro, and when the teller looks at her computer and tells you the exchange just ask to see it. Then you will see what this screen thing is all about.

The exchange rates are not a secret.