Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Erbil confirm an agreement with Baghdad to resolve differences of oil and gas contracts in the region - U.S. study: Iraq's failure to implement plan

11/23/2011 3:13:47 PM

BAGHDAD - The Constitution

Announced drastically Minister of Natural Resources in the Kurdistan regional government for reaching an agreement with Baghdad over oil and gas contracts, and revenues from exports. He said in Hawrami was agreed recently between Baghdad and Erbil to increase the rate of export of the province next year from oil to 175 thousand barrels per day. He to the formula that was agreed upon with the Oil Minister Hussein al-Shahristani, to discuss the draft law of oil and gas, which will hopefully be sent to the Parliament end of the year. Cdaaqrar the Council of Ministers in the central government to hold Shell's $ 17 billion, for the collection of associated gas. A contract, which will be formally signed on Sunday. Rule out the Executive Director of Royal Dutch Shell to Iraq to export up to 2.6 million barrels per day in 2012. The Executive Director of Shell Stsevs Chrind Analarac unable to access to energy export 2.6 million barrels because there are problems in the process of transportation where the supposed rehabilitation of pipeline and provide tanks of new oil fit Mirum Iraq exported in 2012. He explained that the problem of Iraq's oil lies in the export more of its production and the extraction process because the structure of export are not commensurate with the quantities that aspire to the Baghdad government. He said the production capacity of Iraq up to 3.4 million barrels in 2012 but can not export all the quantity produced and will suffer from a lack of installed cabinets. To that according to a study conducted by the Harvard Kennedy recently that Iraq sits on top of the third-largest oil reserves in the world, while producing less than 4 percent of the world's oil, noting that Iraq has a great opportunity to increase its production of energy, as it seeks to increase production to reach 10 million barrels of oil per day by the year 2017. But the ambitious timetable for the country faces many challenges as suffering from infrastructure crumbling, and the scarcity of trained professionals, and security environment and political unstable. Explains a professor at the Kennedy School Meghan O'Sullivan, who served in the White House and the Deputy National Security Advisor for Iraq and Afghanistan from 2004 to 2007. Because of these factors, the operational and logistics play a big role in whether Iraq will be able to reach the potential energy, the political factors will be equally important and for this reason, the working paper focuses on the political issues that have received relatively little attention so far and are essential for the smooth development of energy in Iraq. The study indicates that Iraq already gets 90 percent of its revenue from the energy sector, and recover from the recent war depends to a large extent on the successful exploitation of the wealth of the country, which under the ground . There is a need for significant investment in public works, health and education. wrote O'Sullivan, Director of the Geopolitics of Energy Project at the Kennedy School that the failure of production across the social and economic dimensions will put the political system fragile in Iraq is under pressure, on the contrary, the increase in revenues from oil and natural gas to help Iraq to support the young democracy, and rebuild its military capabilities, and re-influence in the region. Iraq has promised that a translation in the field of energy a reality, says O'Sullivan, is not in the interest of Iraq, but also the entire international community. There is a global financial recovery will lead to increased demand for oil, and if there can be no demand at current prices, it will be driven by high prices. There has been an energy crisis of this kind in 2008, when oil prices hit $ 147 a barrel. And Iraq had a large reserve of oil can be offered on the Internet and relatively quickly, from a technological standpoint, simply. Many of the Energy Outlook already rely on the availability of large quantities of Iraqi oil in global markets. And the failure of Iraq in the implementation of plans to expand production, at least in part, it will contribute to another crisis, where the contraction of the energy in the global economy. But a number of political problems must be overcome before Iraq is able to make any serious progress towards achieving the objectives of energy. Political stability is critical to the energy agenda in the country, while it can achieve this agenda, and almost paradoxically, help to enhance this stability. A major obstacle is the difference between the central government in Baghdad and the Kurdistan Regional Government, as well as provincial governments in all parts of Iraq. Simply put, in different parts of this country did not agree on how to develop and share resources. The study shows, for example, the Kurdistan region, dozens of contracts granting licenses to international companies to develop oil and gas fields within its borders. The Baghdad government announced that those contracts are illegal and will not (until recently) to allow newly produced oil to flow in pipelines in Iraq. He left Kurdistan, landlocked, with oil, which can not export. The impasse eased last spring a bit, when Baghdad was the need of the oil revenues to finance the budget in 2011, allowing for the use of Kurdish pipelines. But there are still question the legitimacy of the Kurdistan contracts pending. And increases the complexity of the situation is the fact that Iraq is composed of the provinces of the youngest, you also want to know how they can develop their resources. At the same time, the future role of the United States in Iraq remains unknown Convention signed in 2008 between the two countries, which allowed the presence of U.S. forces in Iraq, expires at the end of 2011. While President Barack Obama has said he will not renew this Agreement and the expansion of a strategic framework agreement, and provide the foundation for the bilateral relationship in non-military ties. And concluded O'Sullivan to say that our interest in maintaining the partnership with Iraq, especially since many of our partnerships traditional region led to an abrupt end during the unrest that occurred in the Arab spring, adding that the idea that the United States want to access commercially to the Iraqi oil is overly simplistic, if not misleading, pointing to the attention of a greater strategic importance is the presence of a stable Iraq that could bring more of oil to the global market and benefit the Iraqi people and the world as a whole.

http://www.daraddustour.com/التفاصيل/tabid/94/smid/433/ArticleID/62142/reftab/61/Default.aspx

• Upvote 7

Sorry to burst your bubble but this simply means a contract with Shell will be signed...NOT HCL. Contracts can be signed as much as they want without the HCl being approved unfortunately. The draft law "will be present before Parliament before the end of the year." That is the HCL...not the contracts with Shell, Exxon or anyone else.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Sorry to burst your bubble but this simply means a contract with Shell will be signed...NOT HCL. Contracts can be signed as much as they want without the HCl being approved unfortunately. The draft law "will be present before Parliament before the end of the year." That is the HCL...not the contracts with Shell, Exxon or anyone else.

Actually thats totally incorrect. Well in one regard.....there was a statement made that no new contracts would be signed until the HCL is passed and the Shell contract is a HUGE contract that theyve been working on for years now. It would appear this would lead to the HCL so stop bursting bubbles allover the site.....GO RV!!!

Their failure so far is how long it has taken to get this done....

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Actually thats totally incorrect. Well in one regard.....there was a statement made that no new contracts would be signed until the HCL is passed and the Shell contract is a HUGE contract that theyve been working on for years now. It would appear this would lead to the HCL so stop bursting bubbles allover the site.....GO RV!!!

Their failure so far is how long it has taken to get this done....

Im not here to burst bubbles or to argue. I'm way too old for that. But yes contracts have been signed lately and there is no law against signing new ones before the HCL. I think it would be beneficial for HCL to be in place, but it's not absolutely necessary. There are way more news articles than the ones posted on this site so if you do your own research you will see many more contracts that have been signed, whether large or small. And as Adam is hopeful that it will be passed this Thursday, he is also realistic that it very well may not be. We all thought it would've been passed by now but, again, it hasn't. None of us are mind readers. Regarding this article, it is dicussing the Shell contract being signed, not the HCL. That was the reference to my original comment. Please make sure you differentiate between realism and being negative before jumping down my throat. I want the same thing you do in this matter, and I am entitled to have a different opinion than you, with all due respect.

• Upvote 7

Adam said they would pass it today. And thursday is Iraq's new voting day. Just sayin'

He said it was possible it would pass today. Knowing Iraq though, they could drag it out for months.

Hope I'm wrong but I think 2012 would be a better bet judging from the antics of the politicians in Iraq.

Im not here to burst bubbles or to argue. I'm way too old for that. But yes contracts have been signed lately and there is no law against signing new ones before the HCL. I think it would be beneficial for HCL to be in place, but it's not absolutely necessary. There are way more news articles than the ones posted on this site so if you do your own research you will see many more contracts that have been signed, whether large or small. And as Adam is hopeful that it will be passed this Thursday, he is also realistic that it very well may not be. We all thought it would've been passed by now but, again, it hasn't. None of us are mind readers. Regarding this article, it is dicussing the Shell contract being signed, not the HCL. That was the reference to my original comment. Please make sure you differentiate between realism and being negative before jumping down my throat. I want the same thing you do in this matter, and I am entitled to have a different opinion than you, with all due respect.

By all means I do appologize for coming off in a negative tone to you....it was not my intention.

I was just playin off you bursting bubble comment.....guess i should have added in LOL

obviously you are correct on there not being a law BUTTT its been stated several times on here that they have said no new contracts.....so if you read the article "shell deal" here the news section it describes what a HUGE deal the Shell deal is and it seems to be getting alot of attention....so with everything else going on.....it would appear the HCL is getting close....I/we dont know when its gonna happen BUTTTT the time is near! GO RV!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Nice original post. Thank you.

According to the article SHELL is ready to sign Sunday. Erbil and HCL could be signed today [11/24] or on Sunday [11/27] (or any other day...or may have already been signed).

I believe this is also the opinion that Adam has shared and promoted. Basically (if you think about it) once Erbil and HCL are publicly known to be passed the gates are wide-open to RI/RV. Chapter 7 is ready to be lifted, and US troops are less than 20K and being reduced by 1K/day. This could lead to even larger speculation about RI/RV, and so it makes sense to me that since the CBI is independent it can change rate at any time. HOWEVER, I believe it will be well guarded and closely held decision coordinated with the GOI.

I am okay with RI/RV ASAP, and I believe all of this leads to RI/RV before mid-December with BO meeting with Maliki Dec. 12 and our troops all being removed by the 16th. IMHO

It will be Happy Christmas, and a HUGE relief for the Iraqi people! biggrin.gif

• Upvote 3

Yep that is how he said it.

That is also exactly how others said it this time

last yr. and the yr before that.... I know that they will RV some day

but as I am starting a new job in Jan 2012 that will pay a hell of a lot

more, if these morons wait much longer I will be a billionaire even at .30cents.

I have absolutely no love for those animals what so ever but I don't mind

taking from them. The longer they play there games the richer I will be. B)

Congratuations on your new job. I hope they provide you with excellent heathcare, and make sure you get a plan that includes psychiatric care. That and proctology.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Nice original post. Thank you.

According to the article SHELL is ready to sign Sunday. Erbil and HCL could be signed today [11/24] or on Sunday [11/27] (or any other day...or may have already been signed).

I believe this is also the opinion that Adam has shared and promoted. Basically (if you think about it) once Erbil and HCL are publicly known to be passed the gates are wide-open to RI/RV. Chapter 7 is ready to be lifted, and US troops are less than 20K and being reduced by 1K/day. This could lead to even larger speculation about RI/RV, and so it makes sense to me that since the CBI is independent it can change rate at any time. HOWEVER, I believe it will be well guarded and closely held decision coordinated with the GOI.

I am okay with RI/RV ASAP, and I believe all of this leads to RI/RV before mid-December with BO meeting with Maliki Dec. 12 and our troops all being removed by the 16th. IMHO

It will be Happy Christmas, and a HUGE relief for the Iraqi people! biggrin.gif

I do like your logic.

However, as far as the troops leaving, as far as I know, they are to be out by December 6th....not the 16th.

With that said, I am hoping it will be over my mid December as well.

The Big Boys, Exxon and Shell ... would not be signing anything untill they know all THEIR TERMS will be met.

They would hold their cards as negotiating power to force thhe Iraqis to get their end of the deal completed.

I believe they are privy to alot more than what is in the news papers, so if they are indeed signing contracts it is because they know alot more than we do. Iraq wants them to come in and help develope their assets very badly, I believe they have been prodded to get this done! We shall see soon enough... IMHO

• Upvote 5

The Big Boys, Exxon and Shell ... would not be signing anything untill they know all THEIR TERMS will be met.

They would hold their cards as negotiating power to force thhe Iraqis to get their end of the deal completed.

I believe they are privy to alot more than what is in the news papers, so if they are indeed signing contracts it is because they know alot more than we do. Iraq wants them to come in and help develope their assets very badly, I believe they have been prodded to get this done! We shall see soon enough... IMHO

Great perception Maggie! I think you are right. It is so true follow the money and there is the answer. Good job!

• Upvote 1

Plus one. Great post.

Agree BIG TIME! wink.gif

• Upvote 1