Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Chat 9/21/11 11:00am "ish" :)

kcw

Yes, that is what it means.Adam had to do today's chat earlier than planned but if you read this chat it is conducted in a MUCH more organized manner and I want to thank those responsible for making it happen. I too was aware of the time change but appreciate not having to wade thru the rubble

• Upvote 1

If you do not want to read anything at all straying from "great chat Adam", then please skip this post.

first, indeed thanks for the chat (the format is good) and for the site. I'm not paying and Im both learning and enjoying myself! :) There are however three points I'd beg to differ on wrt this evenings chat.

Everyone that I read on this site that speaks intelligently about an RD (a re-denomination) uses that term to mean the issuing of a new and different currency that over a period of a perhaps a year or two is exchanged with the existing currency at a fixed exchange rate (e.g. 1000:1). Yet Adam used it to mean just printing lower denominations of the existing currency. This is just poor terminology in my view which will lead only to confusion.

In the same point Adam refers to "L0psters" as folks that "can't understand how the Dinar could possibly go up in value ". But as has been expressed many times in these forums, those like myself that think an RD is coming fully accept that both current and new dinar can, and hopefully will go up in value. Just not as high as the 120x (to $0.10 USD) that Adam is guestimating let alone 1000x or 3000x as others envision. The disagreement is not about the possibility of change in value but about the degree of that change. I think 1.5x is pretty likely and 12x i.e. to a penny, is the outside limit.

There are many factors to consider in an analysis of how big of an RV might be workable and a chat is not the place to lay all that out. But my concern is that the chat flow followed a classic logical fallacy in that first he shows why $3 won't work, then uses that to say $0.10 is more likely, but offers no support that $0.10 isn't also unworkable. Its a very easy trap to fall into just due to time and space constraints. Maybe Adam is correct and a RV to a most wonderful $0.10 is workable, but in this chat all we saw is support that a $3 RV is unlikely, not that $0.10 is likely.

In such a chaotic situation as this investment its very hard to know what is going to happen (we'd all already be zillionares if we could make accurate predictions in this realm just in the "regular" world, let alone for Iraq) I think what is good about this site is good information and healthy debate and I hope my comments contribute to that. At least I hope i don't go on mod review for this :unsure: , once was enough thank you very much! and now I must go make dinner! ... thanks again Adam.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1