Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Election Commission on Monday, a press conference described as important

Sunday 8 may 2011

The Election Commission on Monday, a press conference described as important

22269.jpg

Agencies- Independent High Election Commission called on all local and international media to attend a press conference called " important "

To be held tomorrow (Monday). The commission said in a press release that it will be held tomorrow (Monday), a press conference is important in its headquarters in Baghdad, calling on all the media to cover and its representatives, did not reveal the content of the conference.

. J M

http://alrayy.com/22269.htm

• Upvote 15

The Independent High Electoral Commission (Arabic: المفوضية العليا المستقلة للانتخابات‎; IHEC) is Iraq's electoral commission. The electoral commission is headed by a nine member board. Seven of those members are voting and must be Iraqi citizens. The other two members are the Chief Electoral Officer and an outside expert appointed by the United Nations.

Contents [hide]

1 History

2 Procedure

3 International support

4 References

5 External links

HistoryIt was set up in May 2004 by the Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) as the Independent Election Commission of Iraq (IECI) by CPA Order 92 as the exclusive electoral authority in Iraq to begin work towards holding an election in the country. In 2007 the IECI was renamed the Independent High Electoral Commission (IHEC) in accordance with Law 11 (2007) of the Council of Representatives of Iraq (COR).

In the 2005 election the expert was Colombian Carlos Valenzuela. The current Chief Electoral Officer is Adil Lami. The commission set up and ran the January 2005 Iraqi legislative election as well as the simultaneous elections for provincial governments and the Kurdistan Regional Government.

ProcedureLittle is known about the commission, its procedures, organization, composition, or acts. The commission receives lists of candidates to ban from the Council of Representatives Accountability and Justice Commission.[1][2][3]

It also set up the voting places in fourteen nations outside of Iraq. The Commission is also tasked with dealing with complaints about the election.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_High_Electoral_Commission

Yeah, I know, but at least its a link.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Okie broke this news yesterday (I know, I know)...

[OKIE_OIL_MAN] HI GUY'S--BACK FROM THE CEMETARY PUTTING OUT FLOWERS ON THE MOST WONDERFUL MOTHER ANYONE COULD EVER WANT OR EXPECT-- I HAVE SOME INFO TO SHARE THAT WHILE NOT OF EARTH SHAKING CONSQUENCE IS INTERESTING. NANCY PELOSI AND A DELEGATION FROM THE US CONGRESS ARRIVED IN BAGDAD TODAY--ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT TROOP WITHDRAWL THIS YEAR OR SOMETHING ELSE???---JUST ANNOUNCED TODAY THAT THE FINAL DELEGATES FOR THE MINISTRY POSITIONS WERE AGREED ON. (I THOUGHT THIS WAS SOLVED SOME TIME BACK)-REMEMBER SHABBI STATING THE R/V WOULD HAPPEN WHEN THE GOV WAS SEATED??--ALSO MONDAY THE WORLD NEWS MEDIA HAS BEEN INVITED TO BAGDAD FOR SOME TYPE OF ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE IRAQI GOV. (WONDER WHAT THAT WILL BE??)SOUNDS TO ME LIKE SUNDAY AFTERNOON LATE OR MONDAY SHOULD OR MAY BE A DAY OF GREAT JUBILATION HERE IN THE USA AS WELL AS OTHER COUNTRIES THAT HAS MADE A DINAR INVESTMENT.--MY RATE IS STILL STANDING WHERE IT HAS BEEN FOR OVER 2 WEEK'S NOW. (DON'T ASK)-

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65485-050711-okie-update/#ixzz1LmCIXUz6

Independent High electoral commission hold press conference

on Monday , May 9

07/05/2011 10:18:00

Baghdad / NINA/ Independent High Electoral Commission announced it would hold hold a press conference on Monday morning May 9 at its headquarters.

The House of Representatives has earlier questioned on May 2 the head of IHEC Faraj al-Haidari and members of the Board of Commissioners according to a request presented by MP Hanan al Fatlawe based on information over Financial, administrative corruption .

In an official statement issued after the questioning session of the parliament ,The Electoral Commission has threatened that it would resort to legal procedures guaranteed by the Constitution to prosecute those who contribute in defamation and reckless accusations against it .

In a statement to press Media the IHEC described the conference as significant .

The Commission called in a statement that the Iraqi satellite channels, Arab and international agencies and radio stations, newspapers and Web sites are invited to send reporters and representatives to cover this important conference as the statement mentioned. / End

http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FGHLKD

Okie broke this news yesterday (I know, I know)...

[OKIE_OIL_MAN] HI GUY'S--BACK FROM THE CEMETARY PUTTING OUT FLOWERS ON THE MOST WONDERFUL MOTHER ANYONE COULD EVER WANT OR EXPECT-- I HAVE SOME INFO TO SHARE THAT WHILE NOT OF EARTH SHAKING CONSQUENCE IS INTERESTING. NANCY PELOSI AND A DELEGATION FROM THE US CONGRESS ARRIVED IN BAGDAD TODAY--ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT TROOP WITHDRAWL THIS YEAR OR SOMETHING ELSE???---JUST ANNOUNCED TODAY THAT THE FINAL DELEGATES FOR THE MINISTRY POSITIONS WERE AGREED ON. (I THOUGHT THIS WAS SOLVED SOME TIME BACK)-REMEMBER SHABBI STATING THE R/V WOULD HAPPEN WHEN THE GOV WAS SEATED??--ALSO MONDAY THE WORLD NEWS MEDIA HAS BEEN INVITED TO BAGDAD FOR SOME TYPE OF ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE IRAQI GOV. (WONDER WHAT THAT WILL BE??)SOUNDS TO ME LIKE SUNDAY AFTERNOON LATE OR MONDAY SHOULD OR MAY BE A DAY OF GREAT JUBILATION HERE IN THE USA AS WELL AS OTHER COUNTRIES THAT HAS MADE A DINAR INVESTMENT.--MY RATE IS STILL STANDING WHERE IT HAS BEEN FOR OVER 2 WEEK'S NOW. (DON'T ASK)-

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65485-050711-okie-update/#ixzz1LmCIXUz6

Now wouldn't it be wild if Okie finally broke a real story? :)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Independent High electoral commission hold press conference

on Monday , May 9

07/05/2011 10:18:00

Baghdad / NINA/ Independent High Electoral Commission announced it would hold hold a press conference on Monday morning May 9 at its headquarters.

The House of Representatives has earlier questioned on May 2 the head of IHEC Faraj al-Haidari and members of the Board of Commissioners according to a request presented by MP Hanan al Fatlawe based on information over Financial, administrative corruption .

In an official statement issued after the questioning session of the parliament ,The Electoral Commission has threatened that it would resort to legal procedures guaranteed by the Constitution to prosecute those who contribute in defamation and reckless accusations against it .

In a statement to press Media the IHEC described the conference as significant .

The Commission called in a statement that the Iraqi satellite channels, Arab and international agencies and radio stations, newspapers and Web sites are invited to send reporters and representatives to cover this important conference as the statement mentioned. / End

http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FGHLKD

Thank-you K-98NIGHTS! I gave you a +1 for this one. You are a hard working man. This article is very encouraging and exciting. Hey, I think that this positive cancels out the negative of that stinkin 88 million auction. :lol: