Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

SORRY GUYS THIS IS ALL A SCAM !!!!

talladegaman

Iraqi dinars = speculative risk investment...key word 'speculative'

Speculative risk = By definition, almost all investment activities involve speculative risks, as an investor has no idea whether an investment will be a blazing success or an utter failure. However, some investments are more speculative than others. For example, investing in government bonds has much less speculative risk than investing in junk bonds, because government bonds have a much lower risk of default. (source Investopedia)

The worst that can happen with the IQD is that you lose the spread between what you paid for your dinars and what you get when you sell them back to your vendor (bank or dealer). Recently for most, that represents approximately 20% give or take. Since 2004 when the new IQD became available for buyers, it has actually increased in value approximately 20% (1460 IQD in 2004 to 1170 IQD in 2011).

Since the IQD has actual real value today and is used actively for purchases and trade, exactly how is the investment in the IQD a scam?? Many who purchased IQD back in 2004 - 2007 have actually made a profit. How is that a scam? If you're not happy with having to wait an indefinite amount of time to see if your IQD will increase in value to something you will be happy with, take your small 20% +/- loss and find something else that will better suit your investment planning. Calling the IQD speculative risk investment a scam is not understanding the true meaning of 'investment' to begin with. The IQD was never intended to be a winning lottery ticket, although many feel it is exactly that and then get stressed or frantic when the winning numbers don't get called.

There are many investments that you wait months, even years, to see come to fruition and which result in a total loss after a long wait. At least with the IQD, you don't risk losing it all. Just a small portion, worst case scenario.

The RV could happen today, or maybe not until next year. Or possibly even later. That's what an investment is all about. Taking a calculated risk in purchasing something that may or may not gain great value at some date in the future. Most facts point to the gain. And soon.

You either have an 'investor' mind set, or a 'get rich quick' mind set. Both are not necessarily from the same play book....

Scam it is most definitely NOT. It is a valued currency of an up and coming emerging market country with great wealth; not a penny stock or futures option.

Investor? or lottery ticket buyer? Which are you?

;)

• Upvote 1

Just keep drinking that kool aid fella's lol. One day you will wake up and realize that it is not going to happen the way you want it to. I wish it would, I would love to be wrong, but I don't think so. Did you know that if Iraq rv'd at even 1.00 they would have more physical currency in circulation than all the countries of the world combined! Hey look it up lol .

Maybe so. That's why I'll be already content with 0.10 ( if it's more than that I won't complain, promise) per Dinar with NO LOP....

If this scenario comes true then I'll have made more money through this than I ever did in all my life so far.

I love your bravery. Im sure you had the best intentions. Clearly, the Dinar Cult didnt like your dose of reality. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect yours. People on these sites get upset when you threaten their only hope of success. You gotta understand that about 75% of the people on here are broke and fantasize about winning the dinar lottery constantly. I hope this is a lesson learned that you should not try to speak out or the cult will give you -1's :) I cant blame them, this is seriously their ONLY slight chance of having any money in their entire lifetime. I mean, how dare you? You have no business talking as if this is not going to make everyone a billionaire. You are just wrong and inconsiderate. You should be shunned from these boards. Everyone should gang up on you and make FAKE OFFERS TO PURCHASE YOUR DINAR because clearly you dont deserve to own them if you want to try to bring people back to reality. Dont worry though, 90% of the people that throw those offers out, couldnt buy your dinar at any given moment without skipping the rent payment. Even if you gave them the bargain basement price of 500 per million. I dont know why its so hard for you to understand that we have been wrong about the past 82 consecutive weekend predictions. Ooops. Bad intel. Obviously it has to happen this Monday. The rate is 6.12 and thats no horse manure. Tears are dripping down my keyboard as I type this. Pack your bags. Nuff said. We're there. Its done. All of it. Ive never been so sure. This will most likely be my last post. Until after the RV. (Maybe) If im wrong I will have TerryK or Athena post my predictions to avoid sounding more stupid than I already do. Oh and about the fact that people are pumping for the dealers. Thats horse pokie. Not true. Dont every bring that up again. Nuff said.

Hahahahahahahahaha SpotOn is so freaking rich and yet he comes here to bash us poor old trailer park trash. Hahahaha

Don't mind my double major at a top Private University in both Neuroscience and Business.

I just wish someday I coil be as rich as SpotOn... One can dream right? Haha

Edited by CTS-VwithRV
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I got inot this *hoping* for .25 cents...........at the rate it is going the Dong may be more valuable than the IQD in the next 25 years........but seriously *anybody* who believes that the GOI and the CBI are going to make the IQD worth {+1, +2, +3, 5.40 ~ 8.90} WHILE their people are living on mud pies, have no clean drinking water, less than 1 hour of electricity in less than 40% of the country, AND still have rampant insurgencies comitting atrocities deserve all the heartache they are subscribing to.

Cause it ain't gonna happen in one fell swoop. The value of the IQD has zero direct impact on the avg [read 95%] of Iraqi's other than the need to carry less paper - which debit cards are replacing paper anyway...The CBI has come forward many times and said raising the zeros' only impact to iraqi's is the need to carry less paper....once again I am going to chime in and tell people you better do the research on all those other countries that have the same <or> worse exchange rate than Iraq. They have been that way much, much longer than Iraq and most of those countries make Iraq look like a mongoloid red headed step child that no one loves...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

People this is no more than a phone scam where you are told you have won money and need to send money to pay for the taxes on your winnings. you send the money and no prize. you get another phone call asking for more money and this continues until you have sent all your life savings trying to get what never really was real to start with.

End Quote

Man, you're just having one of those days.....Understandable..........Try and detach yourself from it all some.....You'll feel a lot better.

If you bought your Dinars @ $300.00 t0 $400.00 over the selling price, then you did get scamed. I paid $547.00 ($47.00 over) for every 500,000.00 dinars I bought. And if I ever lose faith, I can return them at price and only lose the $47.00. This is a investment, and their are risks. But you can always count out, and not let it bother you any more.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You can buy milk at Wally World for $3.50 a gal, or you can go to a specialty 'upscale' grocery store and pay $6 for the same gal. That does NOT mean you got scammed at the specialty store, just that you over paid.

For many, buying at the specialty store was the only option as there were no local sources from which to purchase. For many, buying from the dealer they hoped to cash in with more than made up for the 'surcharge' they paid for their IQD.

Why does everything have to be labeled a scam?

<_<

• Upvote 1

Somebody else said this DEENAR thing was a scam too. For the life of me, I can't remember who it was. I think I'll just play it out and see what happens. When you've got nothing, what do have to lose? I'm thinking their "Intel" is wrong. Do your homework, lots of homework. It's not really Rocket Science. Merely simple economics.

All investment can turn into a scam if you loose! Like any other currency values goes up and down to include the dollar. Hang tight and don't hock the house. Dreaming is free and the good Lord is in charge not man. If He see fit to make us turn a profit so be it. If not so be it. You can't take it with you so why sweat the small stuff. Live in this earth age is small stuff. :blink:

• Upvote 1

I got inot this *hoping* for .25 cents...........at the rate it is going the Dong may be more valuable than the IQD in the next 25 years........but seriously *anybody* who believes that the GOI and the CBI are going to make the IQD worth {+1, +2, +3, 5.40 ~ 8.90} WHILE their people are living on mud pies, have no clean drinking water, less than 1 hour of electricity in less than 40% of the country, AND still have rampant insurgencies comitting atrocities deserve all the heartache they are subscribing to.

Cause it ain't gonna happen in one fell swoop. The value of the IQD has zero direct impact on the avg [read 95%] of Iraqi's other than the need to carry less paper - which debit cards are replacing paper anyway...The CBI has come forward many times and said raising the zeros' only impact to iraqi's is the need to carry less paper....once again I am going to chime in and tell people you better do the research on all those other countries that have the same <or> worse exchange rate than Iraq. They have been that way much, much longer than Iraq and most of those countries make Iraq look like a mongoloid red headed step child that no one loves...

It's truly too bad that you've gotten sour. I would submit to others, do the research and likely you'll feel better, not worse.

Try to keep this in mind.

These countries you refer to in your research, are absolutely no comparison! They are NOT resource rich as a country!!!

THAT is the key! They do NOT have a GDP (gross domestic product) that the rest of the world wants or needs!

Also, your research will show that the US would NEVER go and spend $1 trillion+ on a country to help them out, without a return.

That would be financial suicide, would it not? You don't see the US going into other countries that are war torn and helping

them rebuild? No ROI, wouldn't make sense.

The facts are, that for a country, VERY MUCH LIKE KUWAIT (right next door to Iraq and 1/10th the size), to have that

much REAL intrinsic value, ie. oil, natural gas, gold... with a worldwide currency that is worthless, is absolutely ludicrous.

The only way your philosophy makes sense, is if Iraq could care less about trading with the rest of the world, PERIOD!

No way any of my research would support that. Again, unbiased/unemotional research will bear this out ie. letter of Intent to the IMF, membership to the WTO, etc...

Iraq DOES want to trade the valuable resources they have, to improve the infastructure of their country AND their own lives....

THAT INCLUDES ATTRACTING FOREIGN INVESTORS and companies!!! The other part of the puzzle that you forget in your thought process!!!

No way will foreign investors have confidence to invest in Iraq without a tradeable and internationally recognized currency.

If you understand the way INTERNATIONAL currency markets work, they CANNOT be allowed to exist in that arena with

terribly UNDERVALUED currency, NEVER happen. That's why the US and other countries are pressing China to revalue

at a higher currency. China has purposely kept their currency undervalued, which gives them an unfair edge in the markets.

That said, the Chinese Yen IS NOT undervalued to the extreme of the dinar. The dinar HAS to come up to a nominal

value, whatever that is. Kuwait's is the closest comparison one can find, but unlikely the Iraq dinar will hit that mark (over $3+)

for several years, NOT UNTIL they've built investor trust....along with SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

It has to happen at some point, and it can only go up from where it is now! Don't buy into the hype, it'll happen when it happens!

GoooooooRV!!!

• Upvote 2

I totally agree it is a scam. That is why the President signed an executive order just so we could buy it. Also why the treasury department stopped ledger to ledger so they could track our money better. Because the bottom line is this - why would the United States want all the billions in tax money if this was real. So of course they have purposely scammed the public to get nothing out of it. Good going you sneaky government people. I just wish all you anti dinar people and told us sooner so we wouldn't have invested and saved us the heart ache of losing our shirts.

=] awesome

Somebody else said this DEENAR thing was a scam too. For the life of me, I can't remember who it was. I think I'll just play it out and see what happens. When you've got nothing, what do have to lose? I'm thinking their "Intel" is wrong. Do your homework, lots of homework. It's not really Rocket Science. Merely simple economics.

I am not a scam, I can assure you. :lol:

The correct term for how the OP describes the so called Gurus should be confidence tricksters IE con men.I'm not sure about the legality of the false info they pump,but they seem to be protected by going under the disguise of it being a rumour on an internet forum.

Edited by Dinarsaurus

Couple of questions? Has there ever been a good speculative venture that didnt attract

scammers and all nature of charlatan to its fringes?

If something is only presented by individuals considered to be nonscammers does

that make it more valuable? ie investment banks..haha

If there were no scammers present I would be more willing to say this is worthless.

I think you will see that Scammers and charlatans are always present because they

are only defined as such by those who are interested in the product but are looking for

excuses to promote their own false assumptions.

The lottery is a scam for those who never win or only look at the odds. Social Security

is a scam for those who dont need it and are made to fund it. Real estate is a scam

for those selling the Brooklyn Bridge. But this doesnt mean that everything surrounding

these ventures is a scam....except maybe the Bridge.

Another newbie loses their mind...... Too funny...... I have been vested for 6 years now and have been hearing it all since back then... Lighten up! If you think its a scam then sell me your dinars and save your peace of mind. Rumors are for entertainment value only. Btw, your prediction wouldnt be the first to be right.... My advice stay clear from the rumor section.

If this is what is to come, then I hope beyond all hope I'm dead center if one of these MRV's strike us. However the Dinar being a scam? NAAA Never! I will hold out for door number 3 and hope for the best I guess. Peace.

• Upvote 1

Your prediction may be right or it may be wrong. I take all predictions with a grain of salt. I read them strictly for their entertainment value. Having said that, I must correct you on one of your statements. You said "Now only one or two banks even offer them for sale and you have to have an account even to purchase any from them." This is not true. I just purchased 500,000IQD from 5th 3rd Bank and I do not have an account with them.

Same here.

Let me start by sayin first off, I purchased dinars back in 2010 because I truly believed this was a great investment. Months went by and I researched this it seemed more and more each day. Will it RV one day? Most likely. Will it be a million dollar oppurtunity for us? Most likely not. And here is what I believe is really happening: Think back upon when you purchaed your dinars, if you were like most people, you bought them through some website at $300=$400 more than what most banks were selling them for at the time. Now only one or two banks even offer them for sale and you have to have an account even to purchase any from them. So, we are all left with websites that sell them over cost. Now figure how many people have purchased dinars at their price. Billions of dinars purchased over the last year for these companies makes HUGE profits. So what do they do to make us purchase more? Get certain people to make FALSE intel reports to hype everyone up. I bet the dinar sells go up every Friday, Monday because that is the merry-go-round of false reports. Its going to RV Sunday, Its going to RV Friday. Its going to RV Monday etc...... WHEN THE TRUTH IS IT ISNT GOING TO RV ANYTIME SOON!!!!!!!! Okay I said I would never do this but I am making a prediction, IT WILL NOT RV SUNDAY/MONDAY AS ALL THE INTEL GIVERS SAY AND ALL THOSE PEOPLE WILL CHANGE TO TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY AND THEN TO FRIDAY AND THEN BACK TO MONDAY AGAIN!!!! Dont believe me just watch!!!! Remember what I said.. they will change their minds. Now I know what you are sayin, but intel changes. Okay lets sat it does.. Explain to me how someone can say, I have a friend at the World Bank that has just read the form that said the RV has happened and will be announced Sunday/Monday and that not be the truth? Guess what they will do, hide out for a few weeks and then come back with another false rumor. Why? TO GET ALL OF US TO BUY THIS DINAR SO OTHERS CAN PROFIT!!! People this is no more than a phone scam where you are told you have won money and need to send money to pay for the taxes on your winnings. you send the money and no prize. you get another phone call asking for more money and this continues until you have sent all your life savings trying to get what never really was real to start with. Oh, this isn't the same? well, buy some more dinars then, keep buying. the phone calls wont stop and neither will the weekly false predictions by those that are making the money!!! I know i am probably gonna get beaten down by others on this site but all is ask is wait till Sunday/Monday. If im right on my prediction and intel. IT WILL BE THE FIRST CORRECT PREDICTION EVER MADE ON ANY SITE !!!!!

• Downvote 2