Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A {final} meeting between Al-Sadr and Al-Amiri

yota691

The head of the Sadrist bloc talks about a surprise shortly

Baghdad - people   

The head of the Sadrist bloc, Hassan al-Athari, spoke of what he called a "surprise" shortly, which the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, would announce.    

The nature of the surprise was not immediately clear, but expectations indicate a development in the political process.   

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

Al-Sadr gives the "coordinating framework" the green light to form a majority government

Baghdad - people  

On Thursday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, gave the "blocking third" an opportunity to form a national majority government, while specifying the period granted to them.  

Al-Sadr said in a tweet on "Twitter" followed by "Nass" (March 31, 2022): "A blessing that God has bestowed upon me... if I can be the largest winning bloc in the elections, but an unprecedented victory, then we made the bloc or the alliance." The greatest Shiite.  

He added, "Then who should be the first to succeed in forming the largest national bloc "Save the Homeland" and nominating a prime minister acceptable to all, and I will not dispense with that, and praise be to God, Lord of the Worlds."  

He continued, "These alliances bothered a lot, so they obstructed and are still obstructing, and in order for Iraq not to remain without a government, and the security, economic, service and other conditions deteriorate, here I am giving the "blocking third" an opportunity to negotiate with all the blocs without exception to form a majority national government without the Sadrist bloc, From the first day of the blessed month of Ramadan to the ninth of the holy month of Shawwal.  

And he continued, "To that day, I ask you to pray and accept obedience, and the loved ones in the thoracic bloc should not interfere with that, neither positively nor negatively... May God reward them with the best reward, and thus I cleared my responsibility before everyone."  

me_ga.php?id=34914

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The head of the Iraqi Consultative Council on Al-Sadr’s tweet: A test for the partners

Baghdad - people  

On Thursday, the head of the Iraqi Consultative Council, Farhad Alaeddin, considered giving the leader of the Sadrist movement Muqtada al-Sadr the opportunity to form a government for the so-called blocking third, "a test for the partners."  

Aladdin said, in a tweet on Twitter, followed by "Nas" (March 31, 2022): "The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, is challenging the competitors and wants to test the partners."  

He added, "The framework has a month of negotiations to convince the partners and form the government, otherwise al-Sadr will return with force and form the government."  

And he added, "Ramadan has become full of political iftars and dialogue on television, and Al-Sayed will spend a quiet Ramadan during his political retreat."  

Earlier, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, gave the "blocking third" an opportunity to form a national majority government, while specifying the period granted to them.  

Al-Sadr said in a tweet on "Twitter" followed by "Nass" (March 31, 2022): "A blessing that God has bestowed upon me... if I can be the largest winning bloc in the elections, but an unprecedented victory, then we made the bloc or the alliance." The greatest Shiite.    

He added, "Then who should be the first to succeed in forming the largest national bloc "Save the Homeland" and nominating a prime minister acceptable to all, and I will not dispense with that, and praise be to God, Lord of the Worlds."    

He continued, "These alliances bothered a lot, so they obstructed and are still obstructing, and in order for Iraq not to remain without a government, and the security, economic, service and other conditions deteriorate, here I am giving the "blocking third" an opportunity to negotiate with all the blocs without exception to form a majority national government without the Sadrist bloc, From the first day of the blessed month of Ramadan to the ninth of the holy month of Shawwal.    

And he continued, "To that day, I ask you to pray and accept obedience, and the loved ones in the thoracic bloc should not interfere with that, neither positively nor negatively... May God reward them with the best reward, and thus I cleared my responsibility before everyone."    

me_ga.php?id=34914  

The first response from the "coordinating framework" to Al-Sadr's last tweet

Baghdad - people   

The leader of the Coordination Framework Forces, Jabbar Al-Maamouri, confirmed, on Thursday, that the demands of the Framework remain the same, in the first response of the Framework Forces to Al-Sadr's tweet.   

Al-Maamouri said in a statement to "Nass" (March 31, 2022), that "our demands are still that Mr. Al-Sadr, the largest Shiite bloc, comes to nominate the prime minister, and we are not asking for positions or authority."  

He added, "Al-Sadr has been working with the coordination framework over the past years, so why now does he want to work without him, despite the fact that the blocs with which he allied himself are accused of dependency and corruption, as well as of collaborating with the Zionists and others."  

Al-Maamouri added, "Al-Sadr must return to the Shiite house, and through this house, move towards the formation of the government."  

Today, Thursday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, gave the "blocking third" an opportunity to form a national majority government, while specifying the period granted to them.  

Al-Sadr said in a tweet on Twitter: "A blessing that God has bestowed upon me... if I and those with me can be the largest winning bloc in the elections, rather an unprecedented victory, then we made the largest Shiite bloc or alliance."  

me_ga.php?id=34914  

• Upvote 2

A comment from Kurdistan Justice on Al-Sadr's tweet

Baghdad - people  

The leader of the Kurdistan Justice Group, Ahmed Al-Haj Rashid, commented on Thursday on the recent initiative of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada Al-Sadr, regarding the formation of the new government.  

Ahmed Hajj Rashid, who was a deputy for two previous sessions, said in a blog post seen by “Nass” (March 31, 2022): “The framework and its allies do not accept the formation of a majority government as proposed by Muqtada, and they say that the framework did not and will not form a government without forming the largest Shiite blocs because the goal is The component remains unified, and the goal is not to gain spoils.”  

He added, "This is how I understand the framework and the way it deals with the current policy file."  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The Kurdistan Democratic Party on al-Sadr's tweet: Drop an imposition

Baghdad - people  

On Friday, the leader of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Hoshyar Zebari, considered the tweet of the leader of the al-Sadr movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, during which he gave the "blocking third" an opportunity to form a national majority government as a "imposition".   

Zebari said in a blog post, which was followed by "Nass" (April 1, 2022), that "after the relentless attempts to disrupt the formation of the national majority government by the opposition forces within the coordination framework and those who support them in the judiciary and abroad, Muqtada al-Sadr launched an explicit position that the current does not mind their establishment." In forming a majority government. There is no objection to them going to the opposition. It is an imposed fall. Try it and let's see!"  

On Thursday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, gave the "blocking third" an opportunity to form a national majority government, while specifying the period granted to them.  

me_ga.php?id=34914  

• Upvote 1

A joint statement by the Sovereignty and the Democratic Party regarding Al-Sadr's deadline for the Shiite framework

Baghdad - people  

The Sovereignty Alliance and the Kurdistan Democratic Party affirmed, on Friday, their adherence to the tripartite alliance "Save the Homeland" with the Sadrist bloc.  

A joint statement of the Sovereignty Alliance and the Kurdistan Democratic Party, a copy of which was received by "Nas", stated on April 1, 2022, that "while we appreciate the position of Muqtada al-Sadr and his initiative towards expediting the formation of a strong government that works to address the complex files facing the Iraqi people, We affirm our adherence to our partnership with the brothers in the Sadrist bloc, and a strong government cannot be born without their partnership . ” 

The statement added, "We clearly declare our adherence to the Alliance of Sovereignty and the Kurdistan Democratic Party to the Alliance to Save the Homeland as the hope awaited by the Iraqis . We also affirm our keenness on a constructive national dialogue with everyone away from external interference in order to bring the country to safety . "  

He continued, "We also affirm our keenness on the understanding of the brothers within the Shiite house and their agreement to nominate the Sadrist bloc's candidate for the presidency of the Council of Ministers and to put forward a ministerial program and curriculum that is consistent with the reality of the country and enjoys the support of the main components and forces . " 

me_ga.php?id=34920  

me_ga.php?id=34914 

• Upvote 1

Al-Sadr calls on the framework and its allies to form a majority government without the Sadrist bloc

{Political: Al Furat News} The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, called this evening, Thursday, the coordinating framework and its allies to form a national majority government within a period of 39 days.

Al-Sadr said in a tweet on Twitter: “God blessed me with the ability to be the largest winning bloc in the elections, but an unprecedented victory, then we made the largest Shiite bloc or alliance, then who should be the first to succeed in forming the bloc. The greatest patriotism (save the homeland) and the nomination of a prime minister is acceptable to all, and I will not dispense with that, and praise be to God, Lord of the Worlds.”

And he added, "These alliances bothered a lot, so they obstructed and are still obstructing, and in order for Iraq not to remain without a government, and the security, economic, service and other conditions deteriorate, here I am giving (the blocking third) an opportunity to negotiate with all the blocs without exception to form a national majority government, without the Sadrist bloc, From the first day of the month of Ramadan to the ninth of the holy month of Shawwal.

He called "the Sadrist bloc not to interfere in this, either positively or negatively."

b4049a148eacf5ac3b5eac7c67e85758.jpg

• Upvote 1

The Coordination Framework will hold an "important" meeting tomorrow to announce its initiative

{Political: Al Furat News} A political source revealed, in the coordination framework, that the framework forces will hold a meeting tomorrow, Friday, which he described as "important."

The source told {Euphrates News}: "Tomorrow, Friday, an important meeting of the coordination framework will be held to discuss political developments in order to announce the framework initiative to end the political blockage."
Yesterday, Wednesday, the House of Representatives failed again to achieve the quorum necessary to elect the President of the Republic.
The head of the Fatah Alliance, Hadi al-Amiri, revealed yesterday an "initiative" to dismantle the political impasse in the country and told reporters after a meeting of the framework forces before the parliament session yesterday: "There is a well-studied initiative and it is under discussion," noting that "there are ideas for the initiative and it must be mature. to be a solution initiative.
He stressed that "breaking the will and excluding political parties is not a solution and will not lead to the stability of Iraq."
In a remarkable development, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, called this evening, Thursday, the coordinating framework and its allies to form a national majority government within a period of 39 days.
Al-Sadr said in a tweet on Twitter: “In order for Iraq not to remain without a government and to deteriorate the security, economic, service and other conditions, here I am giving (the blocking third) an opportunity to negotiate with all the blocs without exception to form a national majority government, without the Sadrist bloc, from the first day. In the month of Ramadan and until the ninth of the holy month of Shawwal.

• Upvote 2

2022-03-31 12:55

Shafaq News/ Under the title "The only constant in politics is the variable", the political forces are clinging to the "politics variable" to get out of the blockage that the country has entered since the legislative elections were held on October 10, but this, according to the Sadrists' perspective, does not mean consensus as he wants frameworks, but rather by forming a "majority" government.

More than five months have passed since the holding of the Iraqi legislative elections, and nothing but the election of a speaker to the parliament has been achieved from the constitutional entitlements that follow after each poll, while the political understandings and discussions about choosing the presidents of the republic and government are still in an unprecedented state of obstruction.

frame messenger

A source in the coordination framework revealed to Shafaq News Agency, about efforts to send a delegate from the framework, to Al-Hananah (Al-Sadr's residence) in Najaf, to present an initiative to resolve political differences and end the blockage that dominates the scene, after the framework forces set the general lines for proposals for solutions It can be included later, within the initiative to be sent to Al-Sadr.

The agency learned that the framework initiative includes proposals for solutions, including "the coordination framework waiver of its ministerial entitlements in the next government, in exchange for the selection of a consensual prime minister."

chest conditions

On the other hand, a member of the Sadrist movement, Safaa Al-Asadi, confirmed that "the movement has constants that cannot be skipped, including not accepting any consensus government, but rather a national majority government, and therefore no initiative that distorts this title will be accepted, as well as not accepting anyone who agrees with For positions, what is the value of the national majority government if the quota system remains.

Al-Asadi told Shafaq News Agency: "We previously sat with the leaders of the coordination framework, and presented them with a paper containing 14 conditions that are in the interest of Iraq, but we did not see them except for procrastination and lack of commitment," adding, "It seems that most of the points presented by the movement, were rejected or disputed over the frame.

He added, "Among these conditions was any person around whom there were suspicions of corruption or had corruption files, the head of the party should immediately disavow him and submit him to the judiciary, as well as open all corruption files in the country from 2003 until now, and no one has immunity before the judiciary, in addition To the issue of the armed factions, confining arms to the state, handing over all official and unofficial border crossings to the state, handing over all state properties controlled by personalities and parties to the state, activating the law (from where did you get this), non-subordination and non-referral to any other state And dealing with countries is through official outlets, and therefore all the points presented aim to build a strong state in which the Iraqi citizen can enjoy."

political blockage

And about the possibility of resolving the dispute, Al-Asadi concluded, by saying: “Until this moment, the political blockage dominates the scene, but there is no constant in politics, and this does not mean reversing the formation of a government (a national majority, neither eastern nor western). We remain under the dome of Parliament, exercising our oversight and legislative role, and possessing an absolute majority."

For the third time in a row, the Iraqi parliament failed to hold a session to elect a new president for the country. After the failure of a first attempt on February 7, last Saturday, it failed to achieve a quorum of two-thirds (more than 220 deputies out of 329) due to the boycott of the coordination framework that represents prominent Shiite parties. , such as the "State of Law" bloc headed by former Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, and the "Al-Fatah" alliance, the umbrella under which the pro-Iranian Popular Mobilization factions fall under.

The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, insists on forming a "national majority" government through his alliance with the Kurdistan Democratic Party and sovereignty, in addition to his quest to attract other small blocs and independent deputies. Everyone participates in it, by “disrupting” the movement of the “majority” under the dome of Parliament.

• Upvote 1

2022-03-31 15:02

Shafaq News/ The State of Law coalition led by Nuri al-Maliki, one of the main coordinating framework poles, said that the latter will start his contacts with other political forces to discuss the possibility of starting a negotiating dialogue that paves the way for forming the next government, shortly after Muqtada al-Sadr gave an opportunity for forty per day for what is known as the third The "disabled" to form a government.

The representative of the state of law, Thaer fearful told Shafak News Agency, "The leader of the Sadrist movement, al-Sadr, has set a period of 40 days to form the government by the framework and in agreement with the rest of the parties. Therefore, the framework will start its contacts with other political forces to know their position or directions, whether it is to enter into negotiations with the framework and form the government. Or going as a disabled third, and so far we have not known their directions, and that may soon be revealed.”

He continued, "There is a high possibility that this process will change the political map on a large scale, and I think that the Kurds may agree on one candidate for the presidency."

He added, "We have previously made it clear as a framework that there is no exclusion for anyone in the next government, and therefore we seek not to exclude anyone, and we hope that Sadr will have a participation in the government, and we will seek to communicate with him about this."

On the other hand, an informed political source revealed to Shafak News Agency, that the coordination framework will meet tomorrow, Friday, to discuss political developments after Al-Sadr's tweet, and in order to announce the framework initiative to end the political blockage.

The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, announced this evening, Thursday, that he and the Sadrist bloc withdrew from the negotiations to elect the president of the republic and form the expected government, and gave way for the coordination framework to negotiate with the political forces in this regard.

Al-Sadr said in a tweet on Twitter, which was followed by Shafak News Agency, "It is a blessing that God has bestowed upon me that enabled me to be the largest winning bloc in the elections, but rather an unprecedented victory, then we made the largest Shiite bloc or alliance, then who should be the first to He succeeds in forming the largest national bloc (Save the Homeland) and nominating a prime minister acceptable to all, and I will not dispense with that, praise be to God, Lord of the Worlds.

And he added, "These alliances bothered a lot, so they obstructed and are still obstructing, and in order for Iraq not to remain without a government, and the security, economic, service and other conditions deteriorate, here I am giving (the blocking third) an opportunity to negotiate with all the blocs without exception to form a national majority government, without the Sadrist bloc, From the first day of the month of Ramadan to the ninth of the holy month of Shawwal.

And yesterday, Wednesday, the Iraqi parliament failed for the third time in a row to hold a session to elect a new president for the country.

Parliament has previously held two sessions, one of them after the election of the Presidency of the House of Representatives on the seventh of last February, and the other on the twenty-sixth of this March. The Kurdistan Democratic Party, the Sovereignty Alliance), and the coordinating framework that includes Shiite political forces.

The election of the President of the Republic requires a quorum in which the presence of representatives constitutes two-thirds of their number, that is, more than 220 deputies out of 329, which was not achieved due to the boycott of the coordination framework that represents prominent Shiite parties, such as the State of Law bloc and the Al-Fateh Alliance, the umbrella under which the loyalist popular mobilization factions fall under. for Iran.

• Upvote 1

2022-03-31 13:48

Shafaq News/ The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, announced this Thursday evening, his withdrawal and the Sadrist bloc from negotiations to elect the president of the republic and form the expected government, and gave way to the coordination framework for negotiation with the political forces in this regard.

Al-Sadr said in a tweet on Twitter, which was followed by Shafak News Agency, "It is a blessing that God has bestowed upon me that enabled me to be the largest winning bloc in the elections, but rather an unprecedented victory, then we made the largest Shiite bloc or alliance, then who should be the first to He succeeds in forming the largest national bloc (Save the Homeland) and nominating a prime minister acceptable to all, and I will not dispense with that, praise be to God, Lord of the Worlds.

Al-Sadr concluded by saying, "To that day, I ask you to supplicate and accept obedience, and the loved ones in the Sadrist bloc should not interfere with that, either positively or negatively."

And yesterday, Wednesday, the Iraqi parliament failed for the third time in a row to hold a session to elect a new president for the country.

Parliament has previously held two sessions, one of them after the election of the Presidency of the House of Representatives on the seventh of last February, and the other on the twenty-sixth of this March. The Kurdistan Democratic Party, the Sovereignty Alliance), and the coordinating framework that includes Shiite political forces.

The election of the President of the Republic requires a quorum in which the presence of representatives constitutes two-thirds of their number, that is, more than 220 deputies out of 329, which was not achieved due to the boycott of the coordination framework that represents prominent Shiite parties, such as the State of Law bloc and the Al-Fateh Alliance, the umbrella under which the loyalist popular mobilization factions fall under. for Iran.

After the failure to achieve a quorum in yesterday's session, the prominent leader in the coordination framework, leader of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, said in a tweet on Twitter, which was followed by Shafak News Agency, "The coordination framework alliance and its allies confirmed the strength of the guarantor third, which was proven today by preventing the holding of a session prepared by it. dangerous frame.

He added, "We have prepared an initiative paper to find a solution to the suffocation situation, after it was confirmed that the tripartite alliance did not come forward with an initiative to find realistic solutions to ensure the political process from collapse."

Also yesterday, Wednesday, the leader of the Al-Fateh Alliance Hadi Al-Amiri said in an interview with reporters after a meeting in his office of the forces boycotting the parliament session, "We believe that the path of breaking wills and excluding other parties will not lead to the stability of Iraq. solution to the political impasse.

But the response of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, yesterday, Wednesday, was decisive in his position on thwarting the achievement of the quorum for the session, as he said in a tweet on Twitter, which was followed by Shafak News Agency, addressing the coordination framework, "I will not agree with you, because consensus means the end of the country, not all consensus." its forms.

He stressed, "What you call a political blockage is easier than agreeing with you and better than sharing the cake with you. There is no good in a consensus government," asking, "How will you agree with the blocs while you are attacking all the components and all the partners that you are trying to win over to your settlement."

Following Al-Sadr's tweet, the representative of the Sadrist bloc, Haider Al-Haddad Al-Khafaji, warned the Shiite coordination framework against continuing political maneuvers with the aim of disrupting the formation of the next Iraqi government.

And he said in a post on Facebook, followed by Shafak News Agency, "What I want to say is, at a time when the other party has exhausted all its political weapons in obstructing the formation of a government that is not based on quotas, the tripartite alliance has so far not started using its political and legal weapons, because al-Sadr has not He is still trying to save the people from their ordeal with the least amount of animosity with the other."

He added, "If he had to wave the slightest of it, others would have entered into the majority project, alone and in droves, fearing for their political future.

1648749204935.jpeg

• Haha 1

2022-03-31 16:34

Shafaq News/ A source in the coordination framework revealed, on Thursday, details of an initiative that the framework intends to present to the Sadrist movement, whose leader earlier today set a period of forty days on  what is known as the blocking third consisting of the coordination framework and allied deputies,  to form a government independent of thoracic mass

Al-Sadr’s position came after  the Iraqi parliament failed for the third time in a row to hold a session to elect a new president for the country  due to the intensification of the dispute between the Triple Alliance (the Sadrist bloc, the Kurdistan Democratic Party, the Alliance of Sovereignty), and the coordinating framework that includes Shiite political forces.

The source told Shafak News Agency, that the initiative includes the principle of the extended majority, as it includes choosing a prime minister with one title (the framework and the current), that is, the candidate of the parliamentary bloc is the most numerous, and that they have the role of (the framework and the current) in bringing the two sides closer to choosing a presidential candidate. Republic".

He added that "the initiative also includes the non-participation of the coordinating framework in the executive authority, taking into account its assessments regarding the ministerial cabinet, where the Shiites' share of the ministries (12 ministries), giving up all of them to the Sadrist movement."

With regard to the 12 parliamentary committees, its leadership and representation is for the coordination framework and its allies, so that it can take the role of the opposition and monitor the government.

This comes after the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, announced this evening, Thursday, that he and the Sadrist bloc withdrew from the negotiations to elect the president of the republic and form the expected government, and made way for the coordination framework to negotiate with the political forces in this regard.

2022-03-31 16:59

Shafaq News/ The Sadrist movement revealed on Thursday, the details of the forty-day deadline to form the government granted by Muqtada al-Sadr for what is known as the blocking third consisting of the coordination framework and allied deputies.

Al-Sadr’s position came after the Iraqi parliament failed for the third time in a row to hold a session to elect a new president for the country due to the intensification of the dispute between the Triple Alliance (the Sadrist bloc, the Kurdistan Democratic Party, the Alliance of Sovereignty), and the coordinating framework that includes Shiite political forces.

A member of the Sadrist movement, Safaa al-Asadi, told Shafaq News that "in the event that the coordination framework fails to form a consensus government, the Sadrist movement will proceed with its project to form a government of the national majority."

He pointed out that "the leader of the Sadrist movement, when he met the leaders of the coordination framework at the house of the leader of the Al-Fateh Alliance, Hadi Al-Amiri, presented to them his project in forming a government of the national majority without targeting or exclusion, and that the goal is to correct the course of the political process, and that whoever comes to this government is in accordance with conditions and controls, and whoever refuses goes to the opposition." Al-Sadr also raised the possibility of him going to the opposition if they refused to form a majority government, and then all the framework forces rejected this thing.

With regard to the tripartite alliance (Al-Sadr, Sovereignty, and Democratic), Al-Asadi said that "it is still a solid and stable alliance. However, Al-Sadr gave the partners the green light and lifted restrictions, and they are free to go to form the government with the framework according to his program, and if he succeeds in achieving a majority, the bloc will be Al-Sadriyah is the first to attend the parliament session to complete the quorum for naming the President of the Republic, and we will not be a disabled third.

He added, "As for the failure of the framework and its allies, the Sadrist bloc will continue to form the government as it was around the corner from that, in addition to being the most parliamentary bloc and the largest in its alliances."

He continued, "After Al-Sadr's tweet, there are questions that ask themselves about the forces that were accusing the movement and its partners of treason. How will you negotiate with them when yesterday they were classified under the category (treason and subordination to foreign agendas?

In addition, the former deputy of the Democratic Party, Abdul Salam al-Barwari, confirmed to Shafaq News that he "considers that al-Sadr's tweet was a challenge to the coordination framework."

He explained, "In my own opinion, Al-Sadr is defying the framework and with high confidence that he was able to gather the largest national gathering, and therefore his mouthpiece. Please, if you can form a government instead of disrupting political work."

He added, "The tweet revealed the survival of the tripartite alliance, because the Sadrist movement presented a vision that made the democracy and sovereignty enter into a tripartite alliance with it because of their conviction in its government programme."

Simultaneously, the coordination framework revealed some details of a political initiative that it intends to present to the Sadrist movement.

A source in the framework told Shafak News Agency, that the initiative includes the principle of the extended majority, as it includes choosing a prime minister with one title (the framework and the current), that is, the candidate of the parliamentary bloc that is the most numerous, and that they have the role of (the framework and the current) in bringing the views between the two parties to the selection presidential candidate.

He added that "the initiative also includes the non-participation of the coordinating framework in the executive authority, taking into account its assessments regarding the cabinet, where the Shiites' share of the ministries will be (12 ministries), giving up all of them to the Sadrist movement."

With regard to the 12 parliamentary committees, its leadership and representation is for the coordination framework and its allies, so that it can take the role of the opposition and monitor the government.

SULAIMANI — The Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) and the al-Siyada Coalition announced on Friday (April 1) they are committed to their alliance with the Sadrist Movement.

Sadr announced on Thursday he would give the Coordination Framework, the Sadrist Movement’s main rival among Shia parties in the Iraqi parliament, 40 days to form a new government without the participation of Sadr’s bloc. 

He asked members of the Sadrist Movement to "not intervene positively or negatively” in forming the new government during this 40-day period. 

The Sadrist Movement formed the Saving the Homeland alliance on March 23 with the KDP and the Siyada Coalition and announced on Thursday the KDP and Siyada were free to stay with the bloc or form new alliances. 

Both parties said on Friday a strong government in Iraq would not be formed without the Sadrist Movement and assured their firm commitment to the Saving the Homeland alliance, which they referred to as "hope for Iraqis.”

The KDP and Siyada stated they appreciate Sadr’s attempts to expedite the forming of a new government and reiterated they are committed to the alliance. 

They also announced constructive dialogue without foreign interference should take place among the Shia parties in the interest of the country’s stability and peace. 

Sadr refused a request from the Coordination Framework to reach a consensus on forming the Iraqi government on Wednesday, when the Iraqi parliament was supposed to hold a session to elect the president of the republic. 

The Coordination Framework, one of the two largest Shia blocs in parliament, is a pro-Iran coalition of Shia parties composed of the Fatah Alliance, the State of Law Coalition, the Hikma Party and the Nasr Alliance. 

(NRT Digital Media)

• Upvote 1

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – The Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) along with the Sunni Sovereignty Alliance expressed their desire to stick alongside the Sadrist bloc on Friday, amid months of political turmoil as Iraq's parliamentary factions have thrice failed to elect a new president and pave the way for government formation.

The two components said that they "value the position" of prominent Shiite cleric and leader of the Sadrist Movement Muqtada al-Sadr in "expediting the formation of a strong government that works to address the complex issues facing the Iraqi people" in a joint statement, while confirming their adherence to the partnership with the Sadrist bloc.

Their statement further declared that "a strong government cannot be born without their partnership."

The tripartite alliance of the Sadrists, KDP, and the Sovereignty Alliance make up the recently-announced Save the Homeland Alliance, which won over 150 parliamentary seats in the October elections.

The alliance's nominees for president and prime minister are KDP's Reber Ahmed and Sadr's cousin Mohammed Jaafar al-Sadr respectively, but they have thus far failed on two occasions in obtaining the required quorum for a session to vote for Ahmed, who, once elected, can task Jaafar to form a government.

Sadr on Thursday announced that he is stepping back from the government formation process for a month, and giving his rivals in the contest to form Iraq's next government an "opportunity" to form a government without the participation of his bloc.

A pro-Iran Shiite alliance, the Coordination Framework, is the tripartite alliance's rival in the government formation process. They oppose the idea of a national majority government, instead wanting a government based on political consensus.

The Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), backing incumbent Barham Salih for the presidency, has joined the Coordination Framework along with a host of other parties, repeatedly boycotting parliamentary sessions to elect Iraq's next president

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

From what I remember about al-Sadr, he is not a person you should piss off. Your tent might unexpectedly explode with you in it. You show them al-Sadr, just proclaim the new government the way you want it then really tick them off and revalue your currency.

2 hours ago, yota691 said:

Thru out this ordeal, I have always tried keep the Economics and Politics separate.

I've got a bad feeling about the future of Iraq and this investment, if Maliki and the Iranians regain/maintain dominate positions.

We all know what Maliki and his group achieved when they were steering the ship. Personal greed and corruption, In my opinion. 

As much as I hate to say it, I feel that the 7th century Religious Tribalism, Corrupt Politics and Corrupt Economics will prevent any progress in the direction that we have hoped and waited for. 

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I just don't see it progressing in a positive direction.

The CBI clearly didn't need all this drama to go from 1160 to 1450. 

Just sayin' .............

I feel a bit better now. Thank you for letting me vent my frustrations.

Semper Fi :salute:

• Thanks 1

So does this mean they will dissolve parliament next week on the 6th? 
Another 40 days or 80 days nothing will change. 
It’s obvious by now their not really paying much attention to their constitution. 
Until Iraq can somehow get Iran out of their politics an country they will always have this type of stalemate. There’s just to many of them and that’s what stopping any kind forward process to Iraq. 
In my opinion dissolving parliament and calling for new elections won’t change anything because the same Iranians will vote just like they did last year…

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DoD said:

It’s obvious by now their not really paying much attention to their constitution. 
Until Iraq can somehow get Iran out of their politics an country they will always have this type of stalemate. There’s just to many of them and that’s what stopping any kind forward process to Iraq. 
In my opinion dissolving parliament and calling for new elections won’t change anything because the same Iranians will vote just like they did last year…

Agreed.......Sounds like a broken record...... same old same old.

6 hours ago, DoD said:

Well we know starting on April 2nd nothing will get done for the next 30 days other than great feasting once the sun goes down daily.

• Upvote 3

Al-Amiri: We will not give up forming the largest bloc.. Twisting arms and breaking wills does not serve Iraq

Baghdad - people  

The head of the Al-Fateh Alliance Hadi al-Amiri said, on Friday, that the coordinating framework will not give up on forming the largest bloc, of which the Sadrist movement and some independents must be part.  

Al-Amiri added in a speech followed by “Nass” (1 April 2022), that “any manipulation will lead us to a political blockage, despite our emphasis on the necessity of understanding between the political forces to find a way out of the current crisis. The process has been built since 2003 on consensus, balance and partnership, and the recent elections were built an unjust law."  

He stressed that "we will not give up on forming the largest bloc of the framework, the Sadrist movement and the independents that guarantee the right of the Shiite majority and that nominate the prime minister after naming the president of the republic and go towards forming the government, a point a line head."  

Al-Amiri called for "forming the largest bloc and carrying out the task of defining the prime minister and understanding him among us as a larger bloc, and unless the required number is achieved in the Shiite opposition circle, I am the first ready to go towards the opposition - thus we will guarantee the opposition and the sufficient number of the opposition, as well as we will ensure consensus and the right of the Shiite majority is not lost." .  

He pointed out, "We were not greedy to participate and we were not going (for the cake) and the opposition has privileges as well, but the loyalists should provide opportunities for the opposition, and not keep them away from the parliamentary committees and not give them any oversight role, as this is an eradication of the opposition's role."  

He explained that "the opportunity is still great and exists, but attempts to twist arms and stubbornness and break wills will not serve Iraq, and the political leaders have the experience, experience and practice to find a way out for the country."  

Al-Amiri indicated that "the leader of the Sadrist movement proposed to us, during his visit to us in Baghdad at the end of December, his willingness to go to the opposition and the framework would go towards forming a government, but we refused and called him to understanding and agreement and ensuring a sufficient number of the opposition, even if we did not participate in the government."  

The coordination framework responds to Al-Sadr's 'Atwa' with a 4-point statement

Baghdad - people  

On Friday, the coordination framework issued a statement after the end of its meeting, which was held to find a way out of the current political impasse.  

The framework said in a statement received by “People” a copy of it (April 1, 2022), that “based on the legitimate, national and moral responsibility entrusted to it, the coordination framework is still ready for serious and constructive dialogue with all blocs and independents to get out of the state of political blockage, as the framework forces call on all loyalists.” To assume responsibility and not insist on the equation of breaking wills, which would complicate the scene without success, and the only one affected by it is the Iraqi people."  

He added that accordingly, the framework announces its vision to address the political blockage, which is based on several foundations that we list below. The framework will present its details in its dialogues with the political forces, and we summarize them as follows:  

First - Commitment to the constitutional terms and registering the bloc with the largest number of parties to ensure the right of the component and the completion of national entitlement for the other components of the three presidencies, within a unified vision in which the framework and its allies, the Sadrist bloc and its allies participate.  

Second - After announcing the most numerous bloc, the candidate for the position of Prime Minister is agreed upon according to the required conditions and criteria such as competence, integrity and independence, and that will be through a joint committee of the coordination framework and the Sadrist bloc  

Third - Agreeing on the government program within a specific time limit to be agreed upon, and whoever wishes from the winning blocs that adhere to the program participate in managing its implementation.  

Fourth - The opposition within the House of Representatives will monitor the government and hold it accountable for its mistakes and transgressions.  

The framework reiterated the call to the rejectionists of its repeated calls for "cooperating on righteousness and piety and urging them to place the interests of the nation and citizens above partisan and factional interests."  

Yesterday, Thursday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, gave the "blocking third" an opportunity to form a national majority government, while specifying the period granted to them.  

Al-Sadr said in a tweet on "Twitter" followed by "Nass": "A blessing that God has bestowed upon me... if I and those with me can be the largest winning bloc in the elections, rather an unprecedented victory, then we made the largest Shiite bloc or alliance."    

me_ga.php?id=34914

After the last tweet...

Al-Sadr's office issues a notice regarding press statements

2022.04.02 - 12:48
Al-Sadr's office issues a notice regarding press statements

Baghdad - people   

The office of the leader of the Sadrist movement announced, on Saturday, a note regarding the statements of the Sadrist movement's speakers.  

A brief statement by Al-Sadr's office, a copy of which was received by "Nass", stated on April 2, 2022, that "based on Mr. Muqtada Al-Sadr's tweet, it was decided that the month of Ramadan will be a media silence for the spokespersons of the Sadrist movement."  

Earlier, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, gave the "blocking third" an opportunity to form a national majority government, while specifying the period granted to them.  

He added, "Then who should be the first to succeed in forming the largest national bloc, "Save the Homeland" and nominating a prime minister acceptable to all, and I will not dispense with that, praise be to God, Lord of the Worlds."    

me_ga.php?id=34914  

• Thanks 1