Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

1 hour ago, MyLadiesDaddy said:

Education is the key to understanding. 

“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

Last I checked we were a Democratic Republic

Yes education is the key

Edited by caddieman
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 4

8 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

I watched the video and I did not hear any secret revealed. Did I miss it? 

I watched the whole video thinking some revelation was about to be revealed near or at the end of Neil Armstrong's life. Like some unexplainalble phenomena during the Apollo mission trip to the moon and back.

I think two secrets were revealed although not mentioned specifically in the video:

• The moon landing conspiracy is a hoax (the noted Apollo astronauts did actually land on the moon and returned back to earth safely).
  • Neil Armstrong was a very resolved and private man who served his Country in an exceptionally honorable manner and did not want public acclaim.

The video rightly noted in a straightforward manner there are baseless conspiracists stating the Apollo missions and moon landing then returning back to earth safely is a hoax.

The Satern V rocket launches could not be hidden and could not be faked.

Yet, some claim otherwise.

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

• Upvote 3

Yes, I find it amazing how facts, data, provable physical phenomena, testimony from trustworthy participants and witnesses, and Biblical Truth could be so readily disposed for baseless ideals.

Like denying the rising and setting of the Sun.

Isaiah 45:5-6

New International Version

5 I am the Lord, and there is no other;
    apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
    though you have not acknowledged me,
6 so that from the rising of the sun
    to the place of its setting
people may know there is none besides me.
    I am the Lord, and there is no other.

Do, pray tell, "flat" Earth "champions" REALLY believe there are more gods than God The Father/God The Son Jesus Christ/God The Holy Spirit (the TRIUNE God)???!!!

The "flat" Earth "champions CAN NOT answer a basic question as to whether or NOT the Sun rises and sets South of the Arctic Circle and North of the Antarctic Circle.

The reason "flat" Earth "champions" will not answer the question as to whether or not the Sun rises and sets is because the Sun REALLY DOES rise and set so "flat" Earth does NOT exist while the Earth REALLY IS Spherical (geoidal) in shape.

So, "flat" Earth "champions" will then HAVE to verify the Earth is Spherical (geoidal) in shape.

"flat" Earth "champions" REALLY DO PROVE THE Earth is Spherical (geoidal) in shape.

OUTSTANDING JOB "flat" Earth "champions" FOR PROVING THE Earth IS Spherical (geoidal) IN SHAPE!!!

:backflip:          :backflip:          :backflip:

:bravo:   :bravo:   :bravo:

10 hours ago, caddieman said:

Last I checked we were a Democratic Republic

Yes education is the key

It's sad how some people simply cannot get out of their own way. 

We are A Republic with democratic elections. That's as far as the word democratic goes. This nation NEVER believed in mob rule. Witch is the very definition of democratic.

• Like 1
  • Pow! 2

Out of Orbit: Luna-25 Malfunctions, and Future of the Russian Mission Is Uncertain – Lander Was To Touch Down on the Moon’s South Pole on Monday

Luna-1-600x338.jpg

The space race of sorts that we are living these last few days just got a big dramatic twist, as the Luna-25 glitches and is feared by some to be lost.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/08/orbit-luna-25-malfunctions-future-russian-mission-is/

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, caddieman said:

That is elected by democratic means. 

Is America a republic or democratic?

While often categorized as a democracy, the United States is more accurately defined as a constitutional federal republic. What does this mean? “Constitutional” refers to the fact that government in the United States is based on a Constitution which is the supreme law of the United States.

• Like 1
  • Pow! 3

1 hour ago, caddieman said:

https://www.diffen.com/difference/Democracy_vs_Republic

The key difference between a democracy and a republic lies in the limits placed on government by the law, which has implications for minority rights. Both forms of government tend to use a representational system — i.e., citizens vote to elect politicians to represent their interests and form the government. In a republic, a constitution or charter of rights protects certain inalienable rights that cannot be taken away by the government, even if it has been elected by a majority of voters. In a "pure democracy," the majority is not restrained in this way and can impose its will on the minority.

Most modern nations—including the United States—are democratic republics with a constitution, which can be amended by a popularly elected government. This comparison therefore contrasts the form of government in most countries today with a theoretical construct of a "pure democracy", mainly to highlight the features of a republic.

Comparison chart

Democracy versus Republic comparison chart
  Democracy Republic
Philosophy In a democracy, the community of people are considered to hold power over how they are governed. Kings and tyrants are seen as threats to the innate rights of the people. As such, all eligible citizens get equal say in decisions.

Republics are in opposition to rulership by a single person. All eligible citizens get equal say in decisions through elected representatives. Unalienable rights of individuals are protected by law to safeguard against a majority abusing the minority

Definition Rule by majority. In a democracy, an individual, and any group of individuals composing any minority, have no protection against the power of the majority. In variations, people may also elect representatives.

A republic is similar to a representative democracy except it has a written constitution of basic rights that protect the minority from being completely unrepresented or abused by the majority.

Political System Democratic. [Note: this is not meant as a reference to a Democratic Party.]

Republican. [Note: this is not meant as a reference to a Republican Party.]

Social Structure Democracies are meant to resist separation by class, politically or economically. Class distinctions can become pronounced, however, due to capitalist society. Varies from state to state.

Republics are meant to resist separations by class, politically or economically. Class distinctions can become pronounced, however, due to capitalist society. Varies from state to state.

Economic System

Democracies tend to be free-market economies.

Policies that govern economics are chosen by the voters (or their elected representatives in a representative democracy). Usually capitalist or Keynesian.

Republics are almost always free-market economies. Policies that govern economics are voted on by the people's representatives. Usually capitalist or Keynesian.
Religion Generally, freedom of religion is permitted, although a majority faction may limit religious freedom for a minority faction.

Generally, freedom of religion is permitted, especially insofar as there is a constitutional prohibition on interfering with freedom of religion.

Free Choice Individuals may make decisions for themselves except insofar as a majority faction has limited individuals.

Individuals may make decisions for themselves, especially insofar as there is a constitutional prohibition on interfering with freedom of choice.

Key Elements

Free elections. Suffrage. Majority Rule.

Free elections. Constitution. Suffrage. Individual rights.

Private Property Generally, private property is permitted, although a majority faction may place limits on property rights.

Generally, private property is permitted, especially insofar as there is a constitutional prohibition on interfering with property rights.

Discrimination In theory, all citizens have an equal say and so are treated equally. However, often allows for the tyranny of the majority over the minority.

In theory, all citizens have an equal say and so are treated equally by the government, especially insofar as there is a constitutional prohibition on government discrimination.

Modern Examples

More than half of the world, including the US, Canada, Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, etc. The United Kingdom is an example of a democratic country that is not a republic, since it has a monarch.

The United States of America is a constitutional democratic republic.
Variations

Direct democracy, parliamentary democracy, representative democracy, presidential democracy.

Democratic republics, Constitutional republics.
Constraints on the government No; the majority can impose its will on the minority. Yes; the majority cannot take away certain inalienable rights.
Way of Change

Voting.

Voting.

Famous Examples Ancient Athens (Greece), Switzerland (13th century) Rome, France, United States Of America, Ireland, Costa Rica, Switzerland, Italy
Sovereignty is held by the whole population (as a group) the people (individuals)
Common confusion in the USA People commonly confuse direct democracy with representative democracy. The US officially has a representative style, though many have suggested the US is closer to an oligarchy or plutocracy. The US is actually a democratic republic. It is governed by rule of law. The elected are bound by oath to the written governing limits (i.e. constitution) yet vote "together" and create laws to address concerns of the represented in a democratic way.
Observation in practice

People commonly confuse direct democracy with representative democracy. The US has a representative style. But the will of the people shouldn't easily decide to change the rules that limit power to the government.

The U.S.A.'s Constitution defines the U.S. as a Republic, Article 4, Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution. America's founders were wary of aristocracy and monarchy, and preferred a democratic republic.

History Originated and evolved in ancient Athens during the 5th century. Numerous important reforms were made by the leader Solon and then Cleisthenes. Greek democracy was ended in 322BC by Macedon. Originated in Rome in 509BC (to 27BC), after a period of oppressive kings. Copying a bit from the Greek leader, Solon, Rome's leaders created laws ("The Twelve Tables") and a republican system with a Senate, Consul, and courts.
Key Proponents Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Noah Webster, Solon, Cleisthenes, Karl Marx Cicero, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison.
View of war Depends on the majority opinion. Constitutional republics rarely wage war against one another, and they especially eschew war when a condition of free trade exists between them.

Disadva

ntages

Majorities can abuse minorities.

constant debates, deadlocks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Pow! 2

Somebody explain to me how @caddiemangot 4 ruby's for saying we are a  Democratic Republic and yet @TexasGrannypost an article that states " Most modern nations—including the United States—are democratic republics with a constitution"  and she gets hearts and Thanks  by the very same people who gave the ruby's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, caddieman said:

Oh contraur, mon frayer, if it were a democratic elective gov, the majority would rule. The Founding fathers were some the smartest individuals to ever walk the earth and were smarter than that. That is why the each state get so many representatives (based on state population) and 2 Senators. Also the electoral college insures fairness in the election outcome and this is why the sicko Rats want to do away with electoral college altogether. But they may not need that now that they have figured out how to steal elections with dead people voting, mail in ballots, and stuffing ballot boxes and they have their lap dog media to carry their lying water for them. But I am sure you cannot see that caddie man with those liberal blinders on!!

• Like 1
  • Pow! 4

In a Democracy, WOKE "individuals" "think" they can remove firearms simply by thinking and voting so from law abiding Citizens who have the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.

In a Republic, the law abiding Citizens law down the law on WOKE "individuals" exercising the law abiding Citizen's unalienable right to keep and bear arms by all means.

Always when necessary.

image.jpeg.9ee5d7206a43a3dcce5887443b720a39.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 3

1 hour ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Oh contraur, mon frayer, if it were a democratic elective gov, the majority would rule. The Founding fathers were some the smartest individuals to ever walk the earth and were smarter than that. That is why the each state get so many representatives (based on state population) and 2 Senators. Also the electoral college insures fairness in the election outcome and this is why the sicko Rats want to do away with electoral college altogether. But they may not need that now that they have figured out how to steal elections with dead people voting, mail in ballots, and stuffing ballot boxes and they have their lap dog media to carry their lying water for them. But I am sure you cannot see that caddie man with those liberal blinders on!!

The majority of votes in each state decides what party the electoral votes are credited too.

The only reason we have an electoral college system is so that less populated states have an equal say in the elections.  The Founding Father's created is as a compromise too majority rules.  

Either way state officials don't decide what party the votes go to. The people do.  By a democratic

process.

Correct me if I'm wrong .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, umbertino said:

United States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States

The definition given here is: Federal presidential constitutional republic

Sure does. There are many  different  definitions or nanes for our structure.

But in the end it is defined by what  structures we have in place ( Constitution, government, type of leadership and the ability to vote for elected representatives) that make us what we are regardless  of name. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The first reason that the founders created the Electoral College is hard to understand today. The founding fathers were afraid of direct election to the Presidency. They feared a tyrant could manipulate public opinion and come to power. Hamilton wrote in the Federalist Papers:

https://www.historycentral.com/elections/Electoralcollgewhy.html#:~:text=The first reason that the,opinion and come to power.

Well, I do NOT think it is hard to understand TODAY!!!

EXCEPT in the case of FRAUDULENT ELECTIONS.

Like in 2020.

Well, somehow the NATIONAL IDIOT GOT THROUGH INSTEAD OF THE DULY ELECTED REAL PRESIDENT Donald J Trump!!!

Federalist Paper 68

https://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/fed68.asp

The REAL issue is CIRCUMVENTION OF THE 15th Ammendment:

Article XV.

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude—

Section 2. The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

The vote of the citizens of the United States WAS ABRIDGED WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!

AND Congress DID NOTHING ABOUT IT EXCEPT LIE!!!

• Upvote 3