Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

No more tax on Gold and Silver. 

U.S. Congressman Introduces Bill to Remove Income Taxation from Gold and Silver

by: Clint Siegner

Money Metals News Service

February 11th, 2019

The battle to end taxation of constitutional money has reached the federal level as U.S. Representative Alex Mooney (R-WV) today re-introduced sound money legislation to remove all federal income taxation from gold and silver coins and bullion.

The Monetary Metals Tax Neutrality Act (H.R. 1089) backed by the Sound Money Defense League and free-market activists – would clarify that the sale or exchange of precious metals bullion and coins are not to be included in capital gains, losses, or any other type of federal income calculation.

“My view, which is backed up by language in the U.S. Constitution, is that gold and silver coins are money and are legal tender,” Rep. Mooney said.

Congressman Alex X. Mooney (R-WV)

Congressman Alex X. Mooney (R-WV)

“If they’re indeed U.S. money, it seems there should be no taxes on them at all. So, why are we taxing these coins as collectibles?”

Acting unilaterally, Internal Revenue Service bureaucrats have placed gold and silver in the same “collectibles” category as artwork, Beanie Babies, and baseball cards – a classification that subjects the monetary metals to a discriminatorily high long-term capital gains tax rate of 28%.

Sound money activists have long pointed out it is inappropriate to apply any federal income tax, regardless of the rate, against the only kind of money named in the U.S. Constitution. And the IRS has never defended how its position squares up with current law.

Furthermore, the U.S. Mint continuously mints coins of gold, silver, platinum, and palladium and gives each of these coins a legal tender value denominated in U.S. dollars. This formal status as U.S. money further underscores the peculiarity of the IRS’s tax treatment.

A tax neutral measure, the Monetary Metals Tax Neutrality Act states that “no gain or loss shall be recognized on the sale or exchange of (1) gold, silver, platinum, or palladium coins minted and issued by the Secretary at any time or (2), refined gold or silver bullion, coins, bars, rounds, or ingots which are valued primarily based on their metal content and not their form.”

Under current IRS policy, a taxpayer who sells his precious metals may end up with a capital “gain” in terms of Federal Reserve Notes and must pay federal income taxes on this “gain.”

But the capital “gain” is not necessarily a real gain. It is often a nominal gain that simply results from the inflation created by the Federal Reserve and the attendant decline in the Federal Reserve Note dollar’s purchasing power.

Under Rep. Mooney’s bill, precious metals gains and losses would not be included in any calculations of a taxpayer’s federal taxable income.

“Inflation is a regressive tax that especially harms wage earners, savers, and retirees on a fixed income,” said Jp Cortez, policy director at the Sound Money Defense League. “We are encouraged to see legislation targeting the evils of the Federal Reserve System.”

“The IRS does not let taxpayers deduct the staggering capital losses they suffer when holding Federal Reserve Notes over time,” said Stefan Gleason, president of Money Metals Exchange, a precious metals dealer recently named “Best in the USA” by a global industry ratings group.

“So it’s grossly unfair for the IRS to assess a capital gains tax when citizens hold gold and silver to protect them from the Fed’s policy of currency devaluation.”

The text of the H.R. 1089 can be found.

Here 

• Upvote 5

34 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

Hats off to you. My wife keeps getting hit with a copay each time she has lab work done. 

I know, it's quite confusing. My wife has tens of thousands of dollars in student loans. And while so many people are claiming that their student loans are disappearing hers most certainly isn't. I'm of the opinion that this is a process that will end in a big finally. 

• Upvote 3

LGD, I know you are going to be occupied for a bit, but I just saw where Santa Surfing is talking about Pence being a clone.  That is just too much for me.  I could see Hillarious (remember her collapse and quick recovery), but not this.  SS is just too far out for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shedagal said:

LGD, I know you are going to be occupied for a bit, but I just saw where Santa Surfing is talking about Pence being a clone.  That is just too much for me.  I could see Hillarious (remember her collapse and quick recovery), but not this.  SS is just too far out for me.

Absolutely right, but sometimes even a blind squirrel gets a nut. Pretty cool analogy concerning she's squirrel crazy :lmao:

I look at it like this, the internet is filled beyond belief with muddy waters. But in there is the truth, you just have to search for it. And it's without a doubt we're entering a time of total chaos.

Gonna be offline for a day or two, mommy's gonna get induced at 4am CST. Can't wait to see my new little girl Lady Meredith Joy.  Have a wonderful day everyone, and please don't forget to pray for us :praying:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I know, it's quite confusing. My wife has tens of thousands of dollars in student loans. And while so many people are claiming that their student loans are disappearing hers most certainly isn't. I'm of the opinion that this is a process that will end in a big finally. 

Same here, waiting for the final push, House, CC, and Student loans. I think it gets done before Nov. By the way, love Santa Surfing. Put in a prayer for her knee as well as for Trump.  

• Upvote 1

$19.65 USD

Current Silver Spot Price

Ask $19.65
Bid $19.45

Silver
Spot Prices
Silver
Price
Spot
Change
Silver
Price Per Ounce
$19.65 $0.13
Silver
Price Per Gram
$0.63 $0.00
Silver
Price Per Kilo
$631.76 $4.18
Live Metal Spot Prices (24 Hours)
Last Updated: 7/20/2020 7:26:35 AM ET

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 5:33 PM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

As I said in my tweet, we've yet to see a bill for the copay.  A bill that is supposed to be sent to the marketplace insurance every 24 hours. So whose paying this debt? 

I mean I know @Adam Montana loves me, but I doubt he's paying our medical bills :lol:

Screenshot_20200715-160726.png

And you support a President that if he had it his way your Obamacare that you just used would have been gone day one. So I guess the Demonic Democrats saved you $1000,s....hummmm?.......And by the way congrats on the new one! Hope all are doing well and safe.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, caddieman said:

And you support system" rel="">support a President that if he had it his way your Obamacare that you just used would have been gone day one. So I guess the Demonic Democrats saved you $1000,s....hummmm?.......And by the way congrats on the new one! Hope all are doing well and safe.

Yes, I support a president who will remove IDIOT politicians from my healthcare and allow cross state insurance. Which will make my health care MUCH more affordable.  

And NO Obamacare doesn't save me a dime. In fact after paying my wife's premiums of $500 a month with a $6000 a year deductible I should have just saved the money and paid the Hospital myself. That would have been cheaper. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Still think that this is conspiracy?

$21.16 USD

Ask $21.16
Bid $20.96

Silver
Spot Prices
Silver
Price
Spot
Change
Silver
Price Per Ounce
$21.16 $1.19
Silver
Price Per Gram
$0.68 $0.04
Silver
Price Per Kilo
$680.31 $38.26
Last Updated: 7/21/2020 8:36:18 AM ET

• Like 1

And I will bet good money that when Gold pops $1,900 we're gonna see a metals market explosion 

$1,849.40 USD

Current Gold Spot Price

Ask $1,849.40
Bid $1,839.40

Gold
Spot Prices
Gold
Price
Spot
Change
Gold
Price Per Ounce
$1,849.40 $24.00
Gold
Price Per Gram
$59.46 $0.77
Gold
Price Per Kilo
$59,459.55 $771.62
Last Updated: 7/21/2020 8:37:57 AM ET
  • Like 1

How long before FOMO

$21.89 USD

Ask $21.89
Bid $21.69

Silver
Spot Prices
Silver
Price
Spot
Change
Silver
Price Per Ounce
$21.89 $0.62
Silver
Price Per Gram
$0.70 $0.02
Silver
Price Per Kilo
$703.78 $19.93
Last Updated: 7/22/2020 3:32:09 AM ET

Just 2.5 hours later 

$23.12 USD

Ask $23.12
Bid $22.92

Silver
Spot Prices
Silver
Price
Spot
Change
Silver
Price Per Ounce
$23.12 $1.74
Silver
Price Per Gram
$0.74 $0.06
Silver
Price Per Kilo
$743.32 $55.94
Last Updated: 7/22/2020 8:05:45 AM ET

• Like 1

• Anthony Anderson in Conspiracy TheoryFinancial NewsNoteworthy

New Dollar Backed by Gold Coming This October 2020?

Backed by Gold

Capitalism has a natural way of resetting itself. Markets reward winners while punishing losers. Losing businesses restructure, find a better angle to compete, or they go bankrupt. The business owner, hopefully, wise enough not to fall into complete ruin, starts over and re-enters the market, wiser and more competitive than before (at least, that’s the idea).

If an entire economy gets mismanaged, then the same austere consequences that may befall a single company also befalls an economy. That is, unless a governing body intervenes, deviating from the natural course of “capitalism proper.” This latter route is what the Federal Reserve has done for decades and continues to do to this day.

By bailing out the nation’s “bad economic actors,” and forestalling the resetting process, the Fed is consigning the future of the United States to a weakened state. By putting the nation into massive debt, the future growth of a “natural” economy is being choked to death, forever reliant on central bank stimulus.

There will be a breaking point. But it may be far from what most anticipate.

Amid the COVID-19 crisis, central banks across the world have been working to put out the economic flames to which we as of yet see no end. Interest rates have already been driven to near zero (some are at record negative rates) with central banks pledging to continue asset purchases in the Trillions of dollars.

With most central banks virtually “out of ammo” to counter the deflationary trend in the equities markets, the only viable solution is to...unsurprisingly...extend quantitative easing. With the negative consequences affecting almost every major economy across the globe, the US is in a particularly precarious situation.

And it all comes down to what might happen this October when the International Monetary Fund (IMF) meets, between October 12-18th, to revalue its Special Drawing Rights (SDR)-- the world’s reserve currency waiting in the wings. Essentially, a new “Bretton Woods” is in the making.

A New Bretton Woods Minus the Dollar?

The IMF’s SDR is a form of “world money,” created in 1969 as an alternative to the US dollar (in case the dollar somehow fails...that was the idea). They were issued on several occasions from 1970–80, but then there were no issues for almost 30 years, until August 2009, which was in response to the last financial crisis.

Well, here we go again. The IMF knows that SDRs are unpopular, but they also know the world is desperate for liquidity right now during the COVID-19 pandemic. To exploit this crisis, the elites are thinking big about a new Bretton Woods-style conference, a new international financial system, and a global tax system. SDRs would eventually replace the U.S. dollar as the global reserve currency.

According to a recent Project Syndicate report, both the IMF and World Bank are “being asked to throw away their rulebooks to save the world’s imperiled developing economies.” The problem with the current financial system, hammered out in 1944 at Bretton Woods, is that it was “built for a different world,” aimed at preventing wars (think WWII) and regulating economic function on a global scale. Clearly, it was a world of industrial production, manufacturing, trade, and most importantly, clear borders where physical goods--cash and commodities--were traded.

Today’s digital world hardly recognizes yesterday’s economic needs and reality. A new technological and governance structure is necessary to upgrade a defunct system, so goes the argument. If you read between the lines, the prospect looks less like a rebalance and more like a “fiscal reckoning” on a global scale.

When it comes to the IMF and World Bank, voting rights are based on the size of each shareholder. The G-20 nations make up the key players, the largest being the US with 16.5% voting power (and, conversely, veto power).

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Capitalism has a natural way of resetting itself. Markets reward winners while punishing losers. Losing businesses restructure, find a better angle to compete, or they go bankrupt. The business owner, hopefully, wise enough not to fall into complete ruin, starts over and re-enters the market, wiser and more competitive than before (at least, that’s the idea).

If an entire economy gets mismanaged, then the same austere consequences that may befall a single company also befalls an economy. Tha

Thank you for this post LGD.  This should be sent to every person we know so they can prepare. So many Americans do not have a clue.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/13/2020 at 9:46 PM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

To be sure. 

I've been looking into this for quite some time now and like you at first I was extremely skeptic. 

But I've got to tell you that the more and more I look into  this and realize that while it is not being talked about in the news

the things that President Trump is doing are lining up pretty nice with what is in the NESERA law. 

Hi LGD

I too have been looking into that topic for almost 19  years. Bought into the Dinar 16 Looooong years now and many many friends and family thought i was crazy.

When Trump ran for Prez .I predicted his win and i knew this plan\laws was  now a distinct possibility . Nearly 4 years later of non stop war against this man

and he runs rings round them every single day. I think the new slogan will be remember remember the 3rd of November.

I,m excited to say the least and the suppressed technology part is also that i wish to see the most. I have NO IDEA  what is to become of our beloved Dinar.

Will Oil still be useful after the tech is released ?  . Anyway thanks for this thread it took me down memory lane . My Avatar .The little picture i took of the Reg plate on the Tractor of the 25K Dinar seems even more pertinent now. Those at the bottom of the Pyramid are gonna WIN . 

P.S Thanks to everyone on this site for all you do  for everyone who are all for one.

67567224_364305981149865_8433857563522498560_n.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1