Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A Guy and His Gun

1 minute ago, learning all i can said:

I know you are right but it seems with every thing else that I carry to church I'm already loaded down.  I know I can't  depend on others like we must depend on self.  I guess enough excuses, I will try to be more diligent.  Thanks for the advice.

I don't men to harp but a 5 round .38 Special doesn't weight that much......It was left to you by your past Husband....You think he want to see you if you could have stopped something....If you can shoot it then carry it and pray everyday in Church you Never Need It and should the crap happen Pray to God that he gives you the Strength to use it. 

Everyday.....Mindset, Every Day....Go Practice, get involved in some sort of Completion shooting....that will stress the mind and the body....If you have it and get scared hand it to the next guy.....He or she might save lives and there would be nothing wrong with that.

Karsten

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

Bingo.  It doesn’t matter what you carry as long as you can handle it and shoot it straight.  I grew up with my dad’s WWII 1911A1 45 cal. So I shoot very well with ny 45 cal.  My father was in the South Pacific theatre and the stories he told were harrowing. I begged him to let me shoot it when I was younger.  I believe I was 8 or 9 when he agreed. He took me out to the ranch and lectured me on gun safety the entire way.  He made me clean it and practice holding it what seemed like an hour.  He then shot a few mags to warn me about the power.  My first shot was so limp waisted I dropped the weapon on the ground.  I had to clean the weapon again and I didn’t get to shoot it again for a few years.  My father was a good man. He said he was not very smart to let me shoot his pistol.  He then proceeded to train me with a 22 and a 38.  When he passed I couldn’t find that Colt for nothing.  I have a newer 1911 now and I call it Pops.  

your story reminds me of some of my childhood.  We use to to a lot of skeet shooting.  Dad had a 12 gauge  and of course bird shot was our load but I would always have black and blue shoulder hit.    My brother and dad would hunt anything wild but one year fox were on the rampage here in Tn. killing every ones chickens, sheep and even attacked cattle.  A lot of farmers would ask my dad to hunt on their farm land and kill all the fox he could.  Besides that the hides of fox were selling at a all time high, especially red fox so off my dad and brother would go every night. I know, I know they were wrong to spotlight and call the fox in with a recording of baby fox pups but this was back in the 60s, a different time from today.  Any way, I guess I was jealous that my brother had more of my dad's attention than I did so I would beg every night to please let me go with them.  Finally one night he did.  Our lights were set and the recording was a howling and dad was going to let me take the 1st shot.  I stood in the back of our ole pick up locked and loaded and here she came......I fired, I missed but that 12 gauge felt like I had never felt it before.  I was kicked back all the way to the cab of the truck.  Back and blue was an  understatement.  I never ask about the load he was using but  I know it was more than a y birdshot that I was use to shooting,  I guess it had to be powerful to kill a fox because they were hard to kill and if not hit in just the right spot they would get up and run.  I never ask to go fox hunting again and my brother still goads me to this day about what a sissy fox hunter I was.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DinarDavo said:

All good stuff......situational awareness and being prepared to respond if necessary. (I think we may have as many ladies carrying in church as guys....)  :twothumbs:

Ya put the phone sown while walking to the car and be aware of what is going on.

Now as for the 2 to the Chest and one to the head....Great if you are skilled......Center of Mass or the Chest is the largest target......go for the head and you might hit someone else.

Take the shot at the bigger target....the chest.

Karsten

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Karsten said:

I don't men to harp but a 5 round .38 Special doesn't weight that much......It was left to you by your past Husband....You think he want to see you if you could have stopped something....If you can shoot it then carry it and pray everyday in Church you Never Need It and should the crap happen Pray to God that he gives you the Strength to use it. 

Everyday.....Mindset, Every Day....Go Practice, get involved in some sort of Completion shooting....that will stress the mind and the body....If you have it and get scared hand it to the next guy.....He or she might save lives and there would be nothing wrong with that.

Karsten

No, no karstens. My husband is not dead, thank God.  But he is the one that demanded me to learn to shoot a pistol and go to classes.  You are right tho.  I guess I need to wear it or carry it like I wear makeup every day.  I hear your preaching and I agree.  Thanks for your advice.   Sometimes, we need to hear our own needs and heed the advice given.   Again thankyou

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The sad state of affairs is that we feel we need to be alert to protect ourselves at all times, at all places.  I never felt like that 30 years ago.  We didn’t even lock our doors to the house at night or when we left.  Guns were for hunting or shooting cans.  I find it interesting that some politicians want to take our ability to defend ourselves at a moment in our country’s history when we need them the most.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

The sad state of affairs is that we feel we need to be alert to protect ourselves at all times, at all places.  I never felt like that 30 years ago.  We didn’t even lock our doors to the house at night or when we left.  Guns were for hunting or shooting cans.  I find it interesting that some politicians want to take our ability to defend ourselves at a moment in our country’s history when we need them the most.  

So true!!!!👍🇺🇸

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

...  I find it interesting that some politicians want to take our ability to defend ourselves at a moment in our country’s history when we need them the most.  

So right !

The 2nd Amendment specifically protects US all from an unruly gubment!

And THAT's what 'politicians' hate most about it.

Were it not for The 2nd, we'd all be bowing down on bended knee to komrade ho'bummer

and his leftist masters right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

***///

Publix supermarkets has put out a brief statement requesting that

only bonafide LEOs openly carry in their stores.

So us 'OlSarge'sGals have pulled out our ponchos from the 60's. Groovy.

So if you're fondling the fruit in Publix and see 2 old Gals dressed like

Clint Eastwood in 'The Good, The Bad & The Ugly', stop & say "hi"....

just don't reach under the ponchos for a hug. BAM:P:lol:

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

This has been coming for a long time....Colt sale have been down and with the number of Manufacturers these days it is getting really thought to compete. 

You can't hardly build a great quality AR when some companies will toss an entry level platform on the market for $400.00. The average guy just getting into shooting will jump on those before spending $800-1500 for the better quality.

I have a few older Bushmasters before the company was bought out and went cheap. KAC make a get SR-15 SR-25 but for the Civilian Market they might produce 75 or so a year. POF make awesome stuff but the lowers start around $700.00 with a complete rifle up to $1900-2500....

Colt can drop the Civilian Sales and put more time and effort toward the military Contracts. Heck of a lot easier to Shrink wrap a rifle in Cardboard, pack them 500 to a box/ pallet and not have any warranty to worry about.

Handgun sales for the Civilian Market will stay the same but rgw Quality there has suffered as well lately.

Karsten

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

People hunt with AR-15's?....Yikes!!!....bad day to be a squirrel.  :blink:

GO RV, then BV

I  don't think that was the message here. 

But I once went hunting with my SKS(similar weapon) and it didn't work out to well for the dear. Shot her 5 times before she even realized I hit her. I thought I was missing until the last shot, she jumped straight up in the air and I literally heard the last shot hit.

That's when I learned that whilst hunting animals  (unlike people) mussel velocity is crucial. All 5 rounds went right through leaving nothing editable. In combat if your round goes through the target you have a better chance of hitting 2 targets :cowboy1::unsure:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1