Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament elects "Barham Saleh" as President of the Republic of Iraq

yota691

https://www.alghadpress.com/news/

Baghdad / Al-Ghad Press:

The deputy MP of the coalition of Majid al-Tamimi, on Saturday, said that there is a financial crisis in Iraq as a "liar."

Tamimi said in an interview during the special session on the conditions of Basra, and attended by "Al-Ghad Press," that "talk about the lack of funds in Iraq, is not true, and who says that is a liar."

Baghdad / Al-Ghad Press:

The deputy MP of the coalition of Majid al-Tamimi, on Saturday, said that there is a financial crisis in Iraq as a "liar."

On Saturday, parliament speaker Mohamed Ali al-Zini opened the special session to discuss the crisis in Basra.

Doc-P-173694-636720199556839022.jpg

• Haha 3

Date of release: 2018/9/8 22:34 • 457 times read
Abadi: Parliament session has been exploited for dotting and providing new conditions for alliances
(Baghdad: Al-Furat News) Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said that "the special session of the parliament to discuss the situation of Basra has been exploited to dotting and provide new conditions for alliances."

Abadi said in a statement, received by the agency {Euphrates News} a copy of it today, that "despite clarifying the facts and figures and put the decisions of the Council of Ministers before the House of Representatives, which will be reflected positively on the status of Basra province and start work." 
He expressed "deep regret to exploit the session of the House of Representatives extraordinary held today for non-objective that was held for it is to discuss the problem of Basra and government services and measures taken and find solutions in light of our response to the call of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Moqtada al-Sadr." 
Abadi added, "The session has been widely used as an opportunity to drip and provide new conditions for alliances that are formed on the basis of the next government, despite our appeal to all parties to remove the problem of services to our citizens in Basra on political employment and achieve special political gains and benefits at the expense of the interest of the people."
  • Upvote 1

The Speaker of the Parliament is under threat of "physical liquidation" and Jabra is staying at the Rashid Hotel

The political scene  Sunday, September 09, 2018 at 14:40 pm (0 views)

20180909_024018-635.jpg

Baghdad / Sky Press

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraqi parliament speaker Mohammad Ali al-Zini announced on Sunday that he had been attacked by "suspects" in Baghdad. 
"Some of them are talking about the fictional monthly salaries received by the Iraqi MP, and I am among them, and maybe now I'm belly-blown and that's nonsense," he said on his official Facebook page. "I have not received a single dinar until this moment from any party, The House of Representatives or the General Secretariat of the House of Representatives, and all my money comes from my pocket. " 
"I am now besieged in the Rashid Hotel, with my protection, after being subjected to an attack by suspects. The Baghdad police have returned me to this hotel, which is still my residence." 
He pointed out that "this place is expensive and it is not my duty to live such expensive hotels," adding, "I would go and live in a place commensurate with my physical situation, no more and no less ..

Keywords:

http://www.skypressiq.net/2018/9/9/رئيس-البرلمان-يتعرض-لتهديد-بال-تصفية-الجسدية-ويقيم-جبرا-بفندق-الرشيد

• Upvote 3

Release date: 2018/9/9 13:54 • 990 times read
Surviving the head of the age of trying to attack and reserve it inside the green
(Baghdad: Al-Furat News) The head of the age, Mohammed Zinni, on Sunday, was subjected to an attempted attack by "suspects" in the capital Baghdad.
"A security force has brought him back to the Rashid Hotel and he is now surrounded," Zinni, 79, told a news briefing. 
Zinni did not specify the identity of the attackers
  • Upvote 1

Sunday 9 September

Search Bigger

BAGHDAD ( Reuters) - Iraqi parliament speaker Mohammed Zinni said on Sunday that he was being attacked by suspected "suspects" in Baghdad, adding that a security force had brought him back to the Rashid hotel. "Some are talking about the fictional monthly salaries received by the Iraqi MP, I am one of them and maybe now it's belly-blown and that's nonsense," 

Zinni wrote on his official Facebook page .

"I have not received a single dinar until this moment from any party, not from the House of Representatives or from the General Secretariat of the House of Representatives, and all my money comes from my own pocket." 

"I am now besieged in the Rashid Hotel, with my protection, after being subjected to an attack by suspects. The Baghdad police have returned me to this hotel, which is still my residence." 

"This place is expensive and it is not my duty to live like this expensive hotel," he said. "I want to go and live in a place that suits my physical situation, nothing more, nothing less. 

Zinni chaired the first session of the new parliament and the session on the events of Basra , as the oldest member among the members (born 1939), which is referred to by the Iraqi constitution before the election of an elected president.

Zinni was able to get a seat in the new parliament after receiving more than 7,000 votes without any electoral propaganda on the streets or television channels.

• Upvote 1

Baghdad Post Sunday, 09 September 2018 01:03 PM

Abadi: The recent session of parliament was substandard and politicized

Abadi between the hammer of Iran and Sadan Dawa Party

Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abbadi expressed his regret over what he said is the exploitation of the crisis for the purposes of political dichotomy and the creation of new conditions for alliances on which the next government will be formed. "The parliamentary session was exploited for political purposes," he said. 

He added: "This came despite our appeal to all parties to remove the problem of services to our citizens in Basra on political employment and the achievement of special political gains and benefits at the expense of the interest of the people." 

For his part, a spokesman for Iraqi Prime Minister Saad al-Hadithi, that the alliance between the leader of the Sadrist movement Moqtada al-Sadr and the victory bloc led by Haider Abadi still exists. 

This came after the militias announced the popular crowd, on Saturday evening, its open war, against the Iraqi Prime Minister, Haider Abadi, from the events that took place in BasraFriday, asserting that "I started to respond to what is happening in Basra and that what has not been carried out by the demonstrators," according to the words of the leader of the Popular Army militia, Abu Mahdi Engineer. 

The engineer said that "Abadi did not fulfill most of his promises to the crowd and deliberately obstructed the law of his own." He added: "What he did to isolate Faleh Fayyad from three positions is strange and dangerous step and register our objection to them." 

He considered that Abadi and his government failed miserably during the previous phase and the most important In the service file.

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/ar/Story/121058/العبادي-جلسة-البرلمان-الأخيرة-كانت-دون-المستوى-وذات-طابع-تسقيط-سياسي

• Upvote 1

119944.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2018/09/09 09:13
  • Number of readings 101
  • Section: Iraq
  •  

Legal: The session of Parliament is unconstitutional and can be challenged

The legal expert Ali al-Tamimi, Sunday 9 September 2018, that the meeting of the House of Representatives held on Saturday is unconstitutional and can be challenged before the Federal Court, indicating that the convening under the chairmanship of the head of the age is contrary to the Constitution being obliged to attend the first meeting only to choose the speaker of the parliament and his deputies .

"The session of the House of Representatives on Saturday is unconstitutional and contrary to Articles 54 and 55 of the Constitution, and it is in violation of Federal Court Decision No. 25 of 2010," Tamimi said in a statement.

"It is supposed to resolve the first meeting and the election of the Speaker of Parliament and his deputies, and open the door for the nomination of the President of the Republic," adding that "the lifting of the meeting and the postponement is illegal and contrary to the decision of the Federal Court."

Al-Tamimi explained that "the head of the age specified powers according to the Constitution, where he is assigned to run the first meeting, and oversees the election of the President of the Parliament and his deputies and the constitutional right, and does not have the powers to preside over an independent session and the management of discussions and interrogations," stressing that "the hearing can be challenged before the Federal Court, Unconstitutional session with distinction after violating Article 60 of the Constitution and the decision of the Federal Court. "

Follow the obelisk

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/149643/قانوني-جلسة-البرلمان-غير-دستورية-وبالإمكان-الطعن-بها

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, yota691 said:

Sunday 9 September

Search Bigger

BAGHDAD ( Reuters) - Iraqi parliament speaker Mohammed Zinni said on Sunday that he was being attacked by suspected "suspects" in Baghdad, adding that a security force had brought him back to the Rashid hotel. "Some are talking about the fictional monthly salaries received by the Iraqi MP, I am one of them and maybe now it's belly-blown and that's nonsense," 

Zinni wrote on his official Facebook page .

"I have not received a single dinar until this moment from any party, not from the House of Representatives or from the General Secretariat of the House of Representatives, and all my money comes from my own pocket." 

"This place is expensive and it is not my duty to live like this expensive hotel," he said. "I want to go and live in a place that suits my physical situation, nothing more, nothing less. 

Zinni chaired the first session of the new parliament and the session on the events of Basra , as the oldest member among the members (born 1939), which is referred to by the Iraqi constitution before the election of an elected president.

Zinni was able to get a seat in the new parliament after receiving more than 7,000 votes without any electoral propaganda on the streets or television channels.

Welcome to Iraq. An this comes as a surprise. The whole country is Dodge City.    :lol:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Butifldrm said:

119944.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2018/09/09 09:13
  • Number of readings 101
  • Section: Iraq
  •  

Legal: The session of Parliament is unconstitutional and can be challenged

The legal expert Ali al-Tamimi, Sunday 9 September 2018, that the meeting of the House of Representatives held on Saturday is unconstitutional and can be challenged before the Federal Court, indicating that the convening under the chairmanship of the head of the age is contrary to the Constitution being obliged to attend the first meeting only to choose the speaker of the parliament and his deputies .

"The session of the House of Representatives on Saturday is unconstitutional and contrary to Articles 54 and 55 of the Constitution, and it is in violation of Federal Court Decision No. 25 of 2010," Tamimi said in a statement.

"It is supposed to resolve the first meeting and the election of the Speaker of Parliament and his deputies, and open the door for the nomination of the President of the Republic," adding that "the lifting of the meeting and the postponement is illegal and contrary to the decision of the Federal Court."

Al-Tamimi explained that "the head of the age specified powers according to the Constitution, where he is assigned to run the first meeting, and oversees the election of the President of the Parliament and his deputies and the constitutional right, and does not have the powers to preside over an independent session and the management of discussions and interrogations," stressing that "the hearing can be challenged before the Federal Court, Unconstitutional session with distinction after violating Article 60 of the Constitution and the decision of the Federal Court. "

Follow the obelisk

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/149643/قانوني-جلسة-البرلمان-غير-دستورية-وبالإمكان-الطعن-بها

All this BS court stuff is just away to drag things out. Lets get to work. 

• Upvote 3

The House of Representatives issues a clarification on Zinni's claim that he is threatened

04:54 - 09/09/2018

BAGHDAD - 
The media department in the House of Representatives on Sunday issued a clarification on what the head of the age, Mohamed Ali Zini, said about the exposure of an attempt to attack and besieged him in the good hotel, while confirming that the latter resides in the hotel for his proximity to Parliament and will preside over the session scheduled for next Saturday. 
"We would like to show the public opinion that Mohamed Ali Zinni, the current speaker of the current House of Representatives, is staying at the Al-Rasheed Hotel for the proximity of the House of Representatives, which is present on a daily basis," the parliamentary media department said in a statement received by Mawazine News. 
The statement confirmed that "Zinni will preside over the session of the Council scheduled to be held on Saturday 15/9/2018, which will be the election of the Speaker of the House of Representatives and his deputies."
Earlier on Sunday, the head of the age, Mohamed Zinni, published on his Facebook page a bulletin read by Mawazine News. "I have not received a single dinar until this moment from any point, and all my money comes from my own pocket," he said. 
"I am now besieged in the Rashid Hotel, with my protection, after being subjected to an attempted attack by suspects. The police of Najda Baghdad returned me to this hotel, which is still my residence," he said. 
"I want to go and live in a place that suits my physical situation, no more, no less, but what a hand is a trick, and this is the truth, believe me," Zinni said, adding that "this place is expensive and it is not my duty to make such expensive hotels. 6 n

Looks like few folks got upset with Abadi and crew for busting a door...and that word mandate sticks out..

Deputy: Abadi will not cost the formation of the next government even if the jinn has a back

04:16 - 09/09/2018

BAGHDAD - Mawazine News 
MP Faiq Sheikh Ali, Sunday, that the Prime Minister Haider Abadi will not cost the formation of the next government even if the jinn and mankind has a back. 
Sheikh Ali said in a tweet on Twitter followed by Mawazine News: "Save me from Haider Abadi will not cost the formation of the next government even if the jinn and mankind has a back." 
He added that "there is only one case for his
mandate is not to compromise, that is to apologize to the House of Representatives for all his abuses, and the latest occupation of armed protections and destroy the gate and its organs."

Mutashar Khadr is sworn in as a member of the Saladin Council instead of Emreli

05:14 - 09/09/2018

Salah al-Din - Mawazin News 
Mutashar Khadr, on Sunday, was sworn in as a member of the Salah al-Din Provincial Council instead of Mahdi Taki Emreli, a winner of the House of Representatives. 
A source in the Council told the reporter / Mawazin News / "Mutashar was sworn in the presence of Judge Ali Fadel, Deputy Chairman of the Court of Appeal Salahuddin federal." 
It is noteworthy that many members of the provincial councils, won the last parliamentary elections that took place on May 12

Souron calls on the head of the age to step down from the running of meetings: we need to address the responsibility

06:54 - 09/09/2018

BAGHDAD - Mawazine News 
MP called for the mass of Jawad al-Musawi, Sunday, the head of age, Muhammad Ali Zinni to step down from the presidency of the House of Representatives, while pointing out that his health is not good and management of previous meetings is not the required level. 
 "We call on the head of the age to step down from the Presidency of the Council of Representatives during the period of his response, and handed over to those who follow him by age and according to the contexts and laws in force," Moussawi said in a statement received by Mawazine News. 
He added that "the head of the age of his health is not good, and the management of parliamentary sessions need great efforts," noting that "the Council needs a person able to manage the meetings during his response to the presidency of the Council until the election of a president and his deputies." 
Mohammad Ali al-Zinni assumed the presidency of the House of Representatives in the first three sessions as head of the Senate. He is due to preside over the sessions until the election of a president and two deputies.

Reform and reconstruction meets all its components and emphasizes the importance of respecting constitutional terms

07:43 - 09/09/2018

BAGHDAD ( 
Reuters) - The coalition of "Reform and Reconstruction" held a meeting to discuss the situation of Basra and the next parliament session, stressing the importance of adherence to the constitutional terms, 
"The Alliance for Reform and Reconstruction met all its components on Sunday and discussed the subject of the next session of the House of Representatives and the importance of preserving the constitutional terms," Jubouri said in a statement received by Mawazine News. 
He added that "the coalition discussed the status of Basra and the importance of finding radical solutions to the problems experienced by the province, and the participants discussed the importance of maintaining the strength and cohesion of the Alliance and cohesion."

Representatives of the Reform Alliance are considering completing dialogues to form a strong national government

10:12 - 09/09/2018

The representatives of the Alliance of Reform and Reconstruction blocs discussed the general situation in the country, especially in Basra, as well as the completion of dialogues between the parties to the coalition and work to form a strong national government working to serve Iraq. 
A statement issued by the meeting that the representatives of the blocks of the Alliance of Reform and Reconstruction held this afternoon an important meeting at the headquarters of the Mass Suron attended by all parties to the coalition and discussed things. 
"The general situation in the country, especially the situation in Basra, and the solutions put forward to address it and follow up its implementation in an urgent manner, have been discussed," the statement said. 
He also pointed to "the completion of dialogues between the parties to the coalition to take the necessary decisions on the preparation of the next session of the House of Representatives and the consequent responsibilities and obligations on the largest bloc."
He also stressed the discussion of the latest developments in political dialogues in preparation for the formation of a strong national government working to serve Iraq and its people in accordance with an ambitious government program supported by a parliamentary bloc coherent and effective to achieve the hopes of our people and their legitimate aspirations. 
The statement also referred to the "review of the work of the committees emanating from the coalition." 
Ended  
m h n

After the withdrawal of the dagger .. The Arab project named Ahmed Jarba head of the bloc and Ahmed Jubouri speaking on its behalf

10:25 - 09/09/2018

Baghdad Mawazine News 

The parliamentary bloc of the Arab parliamentary project on Sunday named Ahmed al-Harba as the head of its bloc and Ahmed Mazhar al-Jubouri, speaking on its behalf, while calling on all political forces and currents to join hands and work together to form a government. 
The bloc said in a statement that "the bloc held all its deputies an extensive meeting to examine the internal situation of the bloc and ways to organize it," pointing out that "it was agreed to nominate MP Ahmed Jarba as its president, to her". 
"It is continuing its national program to support the formation of a government with a comprehensive program that will save the country from its crises and guarantee the rights of return of displaced people to their liberated areas, and reconstruction of those who have been affected," she said.
In its statement, the bloc called on all political forces and currents to "unite and work together to form a government acceptable to all components," pointing out that they are responsible for tackling the mistakes of the past and avoiding the political quotas that have brought many problems to Iraq. 
Ended 
 m h n 

3 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

All this BS court stuff is just away to drag things out. Lets get to work. 

Damn Straight - What U Said ! ! !

3 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Welcome to Iraq. An this comes as a surprise. The whole country is Dodge City.    :lol:

Before the " Matt Dillion Days " , huh. :wave: :lol:

• Haha 2

Special .. What requires the issue of accountability and trial of Abadi?

Special .. What requires the issue of accountability and trial of Abadi?

10/09/2018

Baghdad

MP for the coalition of construction Hassan Salem, on Monday, that "the demand for the resignation of the outgoing government comes within the framework of deterrence of repeated failures in the service reality in most provinces ."

Salem said in a statement to "Trend Press" that the demand for the resignation of Prime Minister outgoing Haider Abadi came after a series of failures of the deterioration of the reality of service in most of the provinces of Iraq in addition to the promises made by the government, which was in vain .

But he added that "nothing has been offered to the people of Iraq. It has to step down as a deterrent or treatment method for all Iraqi provinces that have suffered from marginalization, exclusion, lack of services and infrastructure ."

"The issue of accountability and trial of Abadi requires questioning in parliament, but no permanent presidency has yet been elected and the judiciary is not responsible for the trial and accountability in light of the evidence presented to the judiciary by corruption files and by the legal mechanism, " Salem said.

Edit .. كرار كريم

http://aletejahtv.com/archives/252909

• Upvote 1

The names of the candidates for the Presidency of the Council of Representatives

1092018141627perlemento_-iraq.jpg

5 minutes ago

+ -

NRT

According to a document issued by the Information Service of the House of Representatives, on Monday, the number of candidates for the presidency of parliament rose to 8 personalities.

According to the document published today, September 10, MPs Mohammad Tamim, Usama al-Nujaifi, Rashid al-Azzawi, Ahmad Abdullah al-Jubouri, Ahmed Khalaf al-Jubouri, Talal al-Zobaie, Mohammed al-Khalidi and Muhammad al-Halbusi submitted candidacy requests to the head of the state.

41530395_1839453752759063_7500711502546993152_n.jpg

http://www.nrttv.com/AR/News.aspx?id=4254&MapID=2

• Upvote 1

Maasoum issues presidential decree appointing al-Jabr as governor of Salahuddin

02:40 - 10/09/2018

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - 
President Fuad Masum on Monday issued a presidential decree appointing Ammar al-Jabr, governor of Salahuddin, as the successor to Ahmad al-Jubouri. 
"The president of the republic approved the appointment of Ammar al-Jabr as governor of Salahuddin instead of the winning MP in the Iraqi parliament, Ahmad al-Jubouri (Abu Mazen) after the provincial council voted unanimously to elect al-Jabr for the post," a copy of the presidential office said. To the provisions of Article VII of Article 73 of the Constitution first of Article 26 of the Law of Governorates not organized in the region No. 21 of 2008 amended.
For his part, MP Ahmad al-Jubouri, the former governor of Salahaddin, "for his absolute support to the government of executive algebra and to provide assistance and advice in support of the process of building and the return of the displaced and salvation from the scourge of corruption and the development and rehabilitation of the infrastructure of the province," calling "the legislative government in Salahuddin to cooperate and create the ground Fertile ground to improve their situation and support their children. " Finished 29 / d

• Upvote 2

md-2018-2-800x445.jpg

Press Releases Sticky Important 

Notice

September 9, 2018 29 Views

The Information Service in the Iraqi Council of Representatives would like to show to the public opinion that Mr. Mohamed Ali Zinni, the old head of the current House of Representatives, is staying at the Good Hotel for his proximity to the House of Representatives, which is present on a daily basis. 
And stresses that Mr. Zinni will preside over the session of the Council scheduled to be held on Saturday 15/9/2018, which will be the election of the Speaker of the House of Representatives and his deputies.

Media 
Department

http://ar.parliament.iq/2018/09/09/تنويه/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I remember the Dennis Weaver (of McCloud tv fame) too just like you Chuck. He was on Gun Smoke just prior to Festus a git in da gig. He had a wooden leg on the show. Did you know that Ken Curtis could sing as good as Sinatra. In fact he replaced Sinatra on .... the .... Jimmy Dorcey or Glenn Miller Big Band. One of those big band guys.

Edited by new york kevin

• yota691 changed the title to Parliament elects "Barham Saleh" as President of the Republic of Iraq
  • Adam Montana locked this topic