Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sending a draft law to encourage the provincial government to parliament

yota691

INTRA-KURDISH VIOLENCE ERUPTS IN IRAQI KURDISTAN AS ITS PRESIDENT RESIGNS

Intra-Kurdish Violence Erupts In Iraqi Kurdistan As Its President Resigns

On Sunday, angry protestors stormed the Iraqi Kurdistan Region Parliament after it accepted Kurdistan Region President Masoud Barzani resignation, and his plan to distribute his powers between the Kurdistan Region Government (KRG), the Parliament and the Judicial Council temporarily, according to Reuters News Agency.

Kurdish sources reported that most protestors were supporters of Barzani and his Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP). The sources added that some protestors were even armed, and reported gunshots around and inside the parliament.

The Kurdish sources also said that some Kurdish MP are still besieged inside the parliament building by the angry protestors. Most of the Kurdish MPs who were attacked by the protestors were from the Gorran Movement that oppose Barzani policies.

The Kurdish-Iraqi news TV channel NRT said that the its reporter Rebwar Kakaiy has been injured severely after being attacked by angry protestors near the parliament building.

Meanwhile, Barzani  stressed in a televised speech that he refuses any extension to his term in office beyond November 1. Barzani also stressed that he will serve as a Peshmerga in the struggle for the Kurdistan Region independence.

Barzani also said that the Kurdistan Region independence referendum was not the reason behind the latest Kurdish-Iraqi crisis. Barzani add that the he still prefers dialogue over war. However, he stated that he is ready to fight in case of war.

“Even if the referendum wasn’t held, there was a plan to attack Kurdistan areas and destabilize the situation in the Kurdistan Region. The culture in Baghdad hasn’t changed … We don’t want bloodshed. We want the problems to be resolved through dialogue. But if you [the Iraqi Federal Government] intend to wage war, we will choose death and won’t allow our honor to be broken,” Barzani said during his speech.

Barzani also called the quick Kurdish retreat from a major part of the disputed areas including Kirkuk city a “treason.” Kurdish sources believe that Barzani was referring to the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) that refused to fight the Iraqi Army in Kirkuk.

“The Peshmerga and all the people of Kurdistan were stabbed in the back by a poisonous dagger,” Barzani added.

In a related development, an Iraqi official told France Press Agency (AFP) that the Iraqi Army and the Kurdish Peshmerga force reached a deal during the Mosul meeting that was sponsored by the US.

According to the AFP, the deal would allow the Iraqi Federal Government to deploy its forces in the strategic Faysh Khabur border crossing on the Syrian-Iraqi border.

The timing of the deal suggests that Barzani wanted it to happen after he announced his resignation from the Kurdistan Region presidency. Barzani is clearly trying to avoid the responsibility for the negative results of the September 25 independence referendum that was organized by him and his party.

https://twitter.com/_/status/924676606425255937

• Upvote 3

Why retire and become a Peshmerga, as if they would have him running operations anywhere.  Retire on all the money he siphoned off of the Iraqi Kurdistan economy. That amount alone, according to estimates, would make him amongst the top 20 or 10 wealthiest people in the world. He is just buying time in hopes that Abadi, the Counsel on Corruption, etc will not arrest him and jail him for his crimes. One of those crimes being getting a kickback for allowing the sale of oil from former ISIS held territories to travel through KRG controlled areas, and or to be sold in KRG controlled regions. That alone would be treason, embezzlement,  money laundering.

Edited by new york kevin
  • Upvote 2

2017/10/30 (00:01 PM)   -   Number of readings: 639   -   Number (4054)

-1.jpg?width=400

 Baghdad / Range 

برلمان Parliament of Kurdistan votes to share the powers of the presidency of the region

The head of the Kurdistan region Massoud Barzani, yesterday, that he intends to step down from office early next month. He called, through a letter to the Parliament of the Territory and called during yesterday's session, to take action to fill the vacuum of the powers of the presidency.

The Kurdistan Regional Parliament held a closed session during which he approved the distribution of powers of the post of president of the region, in addition to reading Barzani's message in this regard. 
The President of the Territory in his letter, "I have called for the holding of parliamentary and presidential elections in the Kurdistan region on 1-11-2017, relying on the decision of Region 128 issued on 12 - 7-2017." "But for political, security and tactical reasons and the absence of a candidate for the post, the Electoral Commission for Elections and Referendum in the region suspended the preparations for the elections." 
Barzani pointed out that "on 24/10-2017 extended the term of work of the Government of the Territory as well as the parliament for two sessions of law."
And on the debate over his stay in the presidency of the region, said: "I refuse to continue in office after 1-11-2017, and should not amend the presidential law in the region, or prolong the term of the presidency of the region, so it is necessary to hold the parliament meetings and meetings as soon as possible, to fill the void Legal process that may occur in the duties and powers of the President of the Territory, as well as to resolve this issue fully. " 
"I will remain a fighter in the Peshmerga, and I will be among the masses of the people and the central Peshmerga forces, and I will continue to struggle and struggle to win the rights of the Kurdish people and preserve the gains of the Kurds."
Barzani's presidency ends at the beginning of next November, when the legislative and presidential elections were scheduled to be held for eight months. The Parliament of Kurdistan voted to approve the distribution of powers of the President of the Territory by a majority of 70 out of 93 deputies present. The Change bloc objected to the 48-member bill. 
Angry protesters, believed to be supporters of the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP), stormed the provincial parliament building and gunfire was heard by the parliament's protection forces. 
The closed session held by the Parliament of the region to discuss a draft law to distribute the powers of the presidency of the region. According to a draft circulated by the media, it was not possible to (the extent) to confirm them, the powers of the presidency of the region will be distributed to the three legislative, executive and judicial authorities and the law will be implemented within 15 days of its adoption.
The draft provides for the continued functions of the Office of the Presidency of the Territory. The proposed law also provides for the suspension of the law of the Presidency of Kurdistan Region No. 1 of 2005 amended until the next elections and the fifth session of the Parliament of Kurdistan. 
The draft law attributed the reasons for the law to the extension of the current fourth session of the Parliament of Kurdistan and rejected the President of the Territory extension of his mandate, and the absence of a candidate for the presidency of the region at the present time in addition to avoiding a legal vacuum in the presidential authorities. 
Later in the evening, Barzani delivered a televised speech, the first since the referendum was held on May 25. 
The President of the Kurdistan region, during his speech, it offers Baghdad serious negotiations to resolve differences. 
Barzani said that "the referendum was the only solution to resolve all outstanding problems with Baghdad, and came to the agreement of all political forces in Kurdistan."
The president of the Kurdistan region that "the referendum was a peaceful measure," noting that "Kurdistan does not carry aggressive intentions against Iraq." 
Barzani said that "the Iraqi army has collapsed repeatedly, and that the Kurdistan has not taken advantage of those situations," stressing that "the Kurdish forces made a lot of sacrifices in the war against Dahesh." 
"The treachery of handing over Kirkuk has caused a big rift," he said. Referring to the entry of federal forces to Kirkuk on the seventeenth of this month after the referendum. 
"The Peshmerga forces have evacuated their forces from areas so as not to enter into confrontations with the Iraqi army and the popular mobilization forces," Barzani said, adding that "the popular crowd led the American tanks to eliminate us." 
He called the President of the Kurdistan region of Baghdad to "health negotiations based on the Constitution," rejecting any schemes to undermine the dignity of the Kurdistan region.

• Upvote 1

Abadi: We follow the situation and chaos in the Kurdistan region and must abide by the law

From 2017-10-30 at 12:33 (Baghdad time)

17_2.jpg

Baghdad Mawazine News

Warned the Prime Minister Haider Abadi, Monday, the reflection of political differences in the Kurdistan region on the Kurdish citizen, calling for adherence to the system and the law and calm.

"We are closely following the developments in the Kurdistan region and the attacks on the headquarters of the parties as well as the media, and attempts to cause chaos and unrest in Erbil and Dahuk," Abadi said in a statement to his media office. The region and the general situation there. "

He called on the Prime Minister to "abide by law and order and calm, and that political differences are not reflected on the Kurdish citizen, who was greatly affected by these practices."

Abadi stressed, "the keenness of the federal government to stabilize the situation in all provinces of Iraq and work for the citizens and protect their interests."

And broke into a number of citizens loyal to the President of the Kurdistan region Massoud Barzani, yesterday evening, the Parliament building of the province, in protest against the statements of MP for the Movement for Change Rabun Maarouf, in which Barzani accused of failing in the administration of the region. They also attacked the staff of two Kurdish channels

• Upvote 3

Arab newspaper reveals reasons for Barzani to step down from power

From 2017-10-30 at 11:20 (Baghdad time)

bbbb-jpg20141210112605-jpg20141210120631

Follow - Mawazine News

Al-Arabi newspaper revealed on Monday, the reasons that forced the President of the Kurdistan region Massoud Barzani to step down from power.

"There is information about a US-French deal that forced Barzani to step down from the presidency in return for not prosecuting him from Baghdad," PUK leader Awat Mohammad told the newspaper.

He added that Barzani's letter to the parliament was part of an American-French exit to save the face of the man and prevent him from falling politically, by resigning or resigning after the failure of the referendum, which resulted in the loss of Kirkuk and other disputed areas.

He pointed out that the "Union" and "Change" had agreed to put the non-extension of Barzani and vote against any attempt to extend his term in any case. "

He said, "There will be no prosecutions by Baghdad's direction, after waving officials in Baghdad that after the killing of Iraqi soldiers by the Peshmerga during the recent fighting."

• Upvote 3

image.php?token=52b9f0b074631c9050b67f53940f193b&size=

Number of readings: 16812 30-10-2017 11:43 AM

30-10-2017 11:43 AM 

Prime Minister Haider Abadi warned of the reversal of political differences on the Kurdish citizen in the Kurdistan region. 

Abadi said in a statement received a copy of the Tigris' We are closely following the developments in the region and what happened from the attacks on the headquarters of the parties as well as the media and attempts to create chaos and unrest in Erbil and Dahuk, calling for adherence to the law and calm, warning at the same time of the reflection of political differences on the Kurdish citizen .

Abadi stressed the keenness of his government to stabilize the situation in all provinces of Iraq and work for the citizens and protect their interests.

• Upvote 4

image.php?token=258f2fb03270a023ba2b450a4ad5cc50&size=

Number of readings: 8846 30-10-2017 08:45 AM

30-10-2017 08:45 AM 

The Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) denounced the burning of what they described as the 'saboteurs' of the PUK headquarters in Zakho, Dohuk governorate.

The political bureau of the party demanded in a statement the competent authorities to prosecute the perpetrators and bring them to justice. 

The statement also called for the maintenance of the headquarters of all parties and not allow the seditioners to destabilize the situation in Kurdistan.

There were reports that some people had set fire to the headquarters of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) in Zakho, amid warnings from the provincial security council that they would not tolerate the 'saboteurs'.

• Upvote 1

Kurdish journalist killed by knives in Kirkuk

Kurdish journalist killed by knives in Kirkuk

Twilight News    

3 hours ago

A security source said on Monday the killing of a Kurdish journalist photographer on unknown knives stabbed in the province of Kirkuk, which was taken over by Iraqi forces mid-month.

The source said in an exclusive statement to the twilight News, that unknown assailants stormed the house of Sherif Sheriff cameraman of the "Kurdistan TV" and stabbed him to death in the district of Daquq south of Kirkuk.

Sharif is 54 years old, married and has three children. He has been a photographer since 2004 in the Kurdistan TV channel in Kirkuk.

The Kurds have been subjected to widespread violations since the control of Iraqi forces and the popular crowd on the province of Kirkuk on October 16, according to reports from international organizations.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

....and the merry go round begins all over again.

And right you are, 10 Years. He could have made a much shorter speech. "I've decided to step down. I've stolen as much as I can to retire comfortably, thrown the region into turmoil, pissed off Baghdad and the world. My work here is done. I'm off to my $10 million dollar residence in the USA. Good Luck!"

:lol:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

image.php?token=258f2fb03270a023ba2b450a4ad5cc50&size=

Number of readings: 8846 30-10-2017 08:45 AM

30-10-2017 08:45 AM 

The Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) denounced the burning of what they described as the 'saboteurs' of the PUK headquarters in Zakho, Dohuk governorate.

The political bureau of the party demanded in a statement the competent authorities to prosecute the perpetrators and bring them to justice. 

The statement also called for the maintenance of the headquarters of all parties and not allow the seditioners to destabilize the situation in Kurdistan.

There were reports that some people had set fire to the headquarters of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) in Zakho, amid warnings from the provincial security council that they would not tolerate the 'saboteurs'.

Bet you a tanker full of oil, Barzani is behind this. Hiding corruption. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, King Bean said:

And right you are, 10 Years. He could have made a much shorter speech. "I've decided to step down. I've stolen as much as I can to retire comfortably, thrown the region into turmoil, pissed off Baghdad and the world. My work here is done. I'm off to my $10 million dollar residence in the USA. Good Luck!"

:lol:

10 million dollar residence in Singapore, I don't want him in the US and not maintain a low profile. Maybe France will take him? Switzerland? I know, Canada, yeah that's the ticket. They can give him an additional 8 million dollars (Canadian) for perceived injustices forced on Barzani.  

There is always a bigger picture here. Barzani was trying to thwart the iranian and baghdad attemps to create a crescent through the middle east. As he said in one of his articles. Baghdad was going to storm the disputed areas even if the referendum wasnt held. He had nothing to lose by holding the referendum because he already knew what was coming and that was no agreements from baghdad, and it would all be initiated by iran. Iran just won a big one. The puk in kurd government is pretty much iranian influenced that is why the puk peshmerga didnt put up much of a fight in kirkuk. The Gorran change party in kurdistan is turkish influenced. Barzani was the only one that was trying to hold kurdistan together and remain kurdish and not be split like baghdad is, with sunnis not trusting the shiite and the shiite's controlled by iran. You have to ask yourself this. If barzani was so corrupt and pilfering oil and money, then why did abadi sign a new oil agreement with the kurds on the amount of oil that was going to be pumped from kirkuk? The u.s didnt back barzani because they believed that they could put the squeeze on iran a different way than to allow for the possible splitting of iraq by letting kurdistan become independent. Lets hope that abadi takes the advice from the u.s. and expels the militias from iraq because if not in my opinion this wont end as long as they have a hand in any part of the army or goi. They will constantly create caos so that iraq does not gain its regional power again. jmo

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, mylilpony said:

Lets hope that abadi takes the advice from the u.s. and expels the militias from iraq because if not in my opinion this wont end as long as they have a hand in any part of the army or goi. They will constantly create caos so that iraq does not gain its regional power again. jmo

I agree with You, MyLilPony!

My opinion is the Iranian influences in Iraq will need to be substantially minimized for Iraq to be and act like a Sovereign State in the region and world. Iran having their hand in the Iraqi till of reconstruction and economic growth only favors Iranian fueled terrorism in the region and world wide while bolstering Iran's missile and nuclear weapons ambitions.

I would like to think there is a broader and unannounced plan underway to neutralize Iran in at least Iraq in the very near future. The Saudis normalizing relations with the new Iraq after 27 years would seem to be an indication of, at least a precursor to, pushing Iran out of Iraq.

I am surprised Qasem Soleimani has been able to roam freely since there was a UN resolution to prevent him from going into Iraq. The other guy that helped plan the 1983 bombings and is wanted just needs to be handed over and rid of instead of being protected. I am anticipating round up of miscreants in and related to Iraq in the near future to assist in supporting a stable reconstruction and economic growth progress in Iraq without sectarian violence being stirred up.

Just my opinion and :twocents:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Source reveals for the date of the next parliament session of Kurdistan

Tomorrow Press / Salah Papin: 
According to a source in the Kurdistan parliament on Saturday that the next meeting of the Council will be held after the completion of writing the final report by the Legal Committee of the Council, noting that all projects have not yet reported any report you write.

The source, who asked not to be named for "Al-Ghad Press", that "all draft laws submitted to the Presidency will be sent to the committees concerned to write a final report on them and then delivered to the Presidency of Parliament, and then transmitted by the Commission to the Legal Committee to write a final report on them" , Noting that "all projects have not yet written." 
He added that "tomorrow or the day after tomorrow will meet the legal committee to prepare a final report on the draft housing law to the extent of the agenda of the next session." 

The source expected that "the next session of the parliament will be held this weekend or early next week after the final writing of reports by the committees."
  • Upvote 1

The 
source said, informed on Monday that the Parliament of Kurdistan will hold its fifth meeting next week. 
The source said "Al-Ghad Press", "The Kurdistan Regional Parliament will not hold its fifth regular session during this week for the lack of completion of the final reports by the relevant committees within parliament."

He added that "the fifth session of the parliament of Kurdistan will be held next week after the final reports of the committees."
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to The document: the powers to pass laws and decisions in the Parliament of the region has become a "window"

The document: the powers to pass laws and decisions in the Parliament of the region has become a "window"

09-11-2017 01:00 PM
Readers
image.php?token=ab42367d17f211b5c986bf0fe9c0f3c7&size=

Baghdad News -

Deputy Chairman of the Kurdistan Regional Parliament Jaafar Iminki, said Thursday that the powers to pass laws and decisions and the signing of the presidency of parliament is a 'window'.

He said in a statement that "after the ratification of the law of the distribution of the powers of the presidency of the Kurdistan region to the constitutional institutions in the region, and based on paragraph (3) of Article 1 / Law No. (2) of 2017, the powers to pass laws and decisions, , Is considered a 'window'.

The statement added that 'the Parliament of Kurdistan has been extended for two more sessions, which means the activation of eight months, and extension of its duration to two other legislative chapters on November 6.

image.php?token=0c53afe270d2894eb1239e37

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Kurdistan Parliament authorizes itself to issue laws

Kurdistan Parliament authorizes itself to issue laws Sunday 12 November 2017 | 14:03 The Parliament of Kurdistan, after the ratification of the law of the distribution of the powers of the Presidency of the Kurdistan Region, the constitutional institutions in the region, be the powers of Parliament in accordance with Law No. (2) right to issue laws and according to a statement issued by Jaafar Imeniki, Vice President of the Parliament of Kurdistan, The law of the distribution of powers of the Presidency of the Kurdistan Region, to the constitutional institutions in the region, shall have the powers of Parliament to authorize itself the right to issue laws and decisions ratified by the Presidency of Parliament, in accordance with paragraph (III) of Article (1) of Law No. (2)

• Upvote 1

image.php?token=fbeb6b5769587cb4333ce35eca8676b1&size=

Number of readings: 3849 12-11-2017 01:01 PM

12-11-2017 01:01 PM 

The head of the Iraqi Turkmen Front bloc in the Parliament of Kurdistan, Ayedn known that it will hold a meeting between the heads of blocks of the Kurdistan Regional Parliament and the government of the region to discuss several issues, including relations between Baghdad and Erbil.

Maarouf said that the heads of blocs of the parliament of the Kurdistan region are scheduled to meet with the regional government to discuss several issues, including the situation in the post-federal government control of the disputed areas and Kirkuk as well as relations between Baghdad and Erbil. As this meeting is the first after the distribution of the powers of the President of the Kurdistan region to parliament and the government of the region, "stressing the importance of working through governmental and legislative institutions in the region and the exclusion of these institutions from partisan interventions.

He pointed out that it is scheduled to begin a new phase of political and institutional work in the Kurdistan region after the distribution of the powers of the President of the Territory, pointing out that it is expected to go government delegation and parliamentary joint to Baghdad to dialogue with the federal government and the region is waiting for a signal from Baghdad to agree to hold the talks.

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Kurdistan parliament decides to hold its next Wednesday
14:08
Last updated
The time now is 02:21 PM
Watch

Tomorrow Press / Salah Papin: 
The head of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan bloc Dler Maota, on Monday, on Wednesday for setting the next date for the Kurdistan parliament session. 
"The Kurdistan Parliament will hold its meeting next Wednesday," he said, adding that "so far has not published the agenda of the meeting."

"I expect the oath to be performed by one or two deputies in the session, as well as the amnesty law as well as other issues," he said.
  • Upvote 2

Kurdistan Parliament session

From 2017-11-15 at 11:15 (Baghdad time)
=piewr.jpg

Baghdad Mawazine News

The Kurdistan Regional Parliament held its regular session on Wednesday.

A reporter, / Mawazin News /, "The Kurdistan Parliament held its meeting this morning, with the participation of all Kurdish blocs."

The session will discuss the law of real estate rent and the issue of budget for the region, in addition to the legal oath of two new members, and discuss negotiation and dialogue with the Government of Baghdad.

• yota691 changed the title to Sending a draft law to encourage the provincial government to parliament