Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content

4 Police Officers Dead After Shooting in Downtown Dallas


Recommended Posts

4 Police Officers Dead After Shooting in Downtown Dallas

3 Dallas officers, 1 DART officer confirmed killed in sniper fire following protest, police officials say

By NBC 5 Staff

 
 

Live video will appear in the player above. From time to time, the signal may go dark -- this is normal and the signal will return. 

Four officers are dead – three Dallas police officers and one DART transit officer – after two snipers opened fire on police at the end of a protest against nationwide officer-involved shootings, officials say.

At least eight other Dallas police officers were hit, including three that are in critical condition; three additional DART officers suffered injuries that were not life threatening in the shooting.

Police are searching for two suspects who opened fire on the officers as the rally drew to a close.

Dallas Police Chief David Brown released the following statement Thursday evening:

"Tonight it appears that two snipers shot ten police officers from elevated positions during the protest/rally. Three officers are deceased, two are in surgery and three are in critical condition. An intensive search for suspects is currently underway. No suspects are in custody at this time. We ask that any citizen with information regarding the shootings tonight call 214-671-3482. We will provide more information once it is available. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers tonight."

Just before 11 p.m. Brown said an 11th officer was injured in a shootout with one of the snipers.

The ATF and FBI have joined the investigation, and Chief Brown said agents are searching downtown for the possibility that there may be a bomb planted somewhere.

Dallas police released a photo of a man whom they consider a "person of interest" in the shootings.

dpd-suspect-070716.jpg

Dallas police released a photo of a man considered a person of interest in the shootings in downtown Dallas.
Photo credit: Dallas Police/NBC 5 News

 

The gunshots rang out about 9 p.m. following a protest and rally held after two black men were died in police shootings in Louisiana and Minnesota this week.

Scores of police officers arrived downtown following the shooting, which took place along Main Street between and Market and Lamar streets, a block from the Old Red Courthouse building.

First Seconds: Protest Erupts into GunfireFirst Seconds: Protest Erupts into GunfireA protest against nationwide officer-involved shootings turns violent in Dallas. (Published 41 minutes ago)

A witness who posted video to Facebook said he saw at least three officers wounded near El Centro College. (Video is embedded below)

Officers could be seen taking cover, and video from the scene showed people running from the sound of the gunshots. There is no word on whether any civilians have been shot.

At 10 p.m. NBC 5's Cory Smith reported that Dallas police believe they have a gunman confined to a building and are currently negotiating with that person.

Shots Fired in Downtown Dallas After Rally, ProtestShots Fired in Downtown Dallas After Rally, Protest

DART public transportation service is suspended in downtown due to police activity.

El Centro College is closed Friday, and classes are canceled due to the police investigation.

NBC 5 has several crews near the scene. We will update this story when more information is available.

Click play to watch live video from Chopper 5 in the player below. From time to time, the signal may go dark -- this is normal and the signal will return.

Published 5 minutes ago



Source: 4 Police Officers Dead After Shooting in Downtown Dallas | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worthhttp://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Protests-in-Dallas-Over-Alton-Sterling-Death-385784431.html#ixzz4Dmx4hKeQ 
Follow us: @nbcdfw on Twitter | NBCDFW on Facebook

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The BLM is, and has, been nothing but a bunch of ignorant, and angry racists.

Odirtbag gave a speech supporting the protest just a few hours before the shootings.

We've been screaming about how that P.O.S. has been fanning the flames of division, and now these shootings can be directly traced to him inciting violence.

While the correct thing to do would be to declare the BLM a terrorist group, instead there is a good chance everyone e;ses rights will be trampled on, and just to chow they mean business, they'll try to pass some anti-Christian ordnance.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm Haven't heard a word about Hillarious all day in the news. How convenient. The mind of america can switched in a single broad cast. Coincidence hahahaha  I think not.

The powers that be play us like a violin .  Gun violence ? Race wars? Civil war?  Keeping you off balance is the order of the day while they stuff their pockets full of hard earned tax payer money and rape the coffers of this once great nation bare. While they purposely stop almost all manufacturing in this country  and send it off shore so we are dependent upon other countries for our goods.  while the masses become more and more dependent upon the government for hand outs.  This isnt a conspiracy theory folks. This shat is happening right in front of our eyes . They no longer care that you know. The corruption of our FBI is now complete and is in the pockets of the politicians along with the Fed.CIA,  IRA , HLS.  

But hey the fish are biting better get back to it.

I will live my life and enjoy it till the first real shots are fired in ernest. When people have finally had enough.

Till then  looks like fish for dinner.

Oh Sorry

Prayers to the family's of the fallen.

RIP 
 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not our 1st amendment rights that will be targeted.  Our fearless ”leader” is already using this racist terrorist attack as another reason to take away our 2nd amendment rights.

Obama renews gun control push after 'senseless' Dallas murders

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/08/obama-renews-gun-control-push-after-senseless-dallas-murders.html

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dog53 said:

Hmmmm Haven't heard a word about Hillarious all day in the news. How convenient. The mind of america can switched in a single broad cast. Coincidence hahahaha  I think not.

The powers that be play us like a violin .  Gun violence ? Race wars? Civil war?  Keeping you off balance is the order of the day while they stuff their pockets full of hard earned tax payer money and rape the coffers of this once great nation bare. While they purposely stop almost all manufacturing in this country  and send it off shore so we are dependent upon other countries for our goods.  while the masses become more and more dependent upon the government for hand outs.  This isnt a conspiracy theory folks. This shat is happening right in front of our eyes . They no longer care that you know. The corruption of our FBI is now complete and is in the pockets of the politicians along with the Fed.CIA,  IRA , HLS.  

But hey the fish are biting better get back to it.

I will live my life and enjoy it till the first real shots are fired in ernest. When people have finally had enough.

Till then  looks like fish for dinner.

Oh Sorry

Prayers to the family's of the fallen.

RIP 
 

You know you are not alone.

This entire year we have gone from just praying America will survive the onslaught, to slowly accepting there are far too many institutions committed to the"new America" to ever see a dynamic shift without resolute force.

From universities to media, politicians to mega corporations, the reward for promoting the new world order is permanent elitism, or poverty, depending on what horse you are betting on and how well you are connected.

I can only pray there are enough freedom loving patriots willing to shed blood to pay the overdue price.

Times will get far worse before ever having a chance to get better.

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

***///

We won't wax profane on the state of Our Union due to it's current evil steward(s) today.

 

Instead, we both donned The Yellow Rose of The Great Republic of Texas on our bosoms today out of

respect and in Remembrance and went about our task of administering to our Troops at The V.A.

 

Most of ya'll here know we are great admirers of your State and know too, that it is because of The Lone Star's

great folks.  Today ya'll are on our minds and in our hearts, not to mention in our Prayers.

 

God speed, Texas... we're pulling for you.

.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Obama is to blame for this unequivocal IMO

His speech and his passing judgement against the officers yesterday  regarding the videos of 2 separate police shootings was way out of line. This speech was just hours before the Dallas shooting. This will not end here. He either intentionally or unintentionally started a race war.  Does not matter which... as the ending will be spilled blood.... and its on his hands.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SocalDinar said:

Obama is to blame for this unequivocal IMO

His speech and his passing judgement against the officers yesterday  regarding the videos of 2 separate police shootings was way out of line. This speech was just hours before the Dallas shooting. This will not end here. He either intentionally or unintentionally started a race war.  Does not matter which... as the ending will be spilled blood.... and its on his hands.

Couldn't agree more!

Can anyone honestly say that race relations in this country have improved since Obama has taken office. Seems to me they have gotten much worse, and Obama's quick-to-jump-to-conclusions attitude has fueled the fire.

Indy

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RV ME said:

It is not our 1st amendment rights that will be targeted.  Our fearless ”leader” is already using this racist terrorist attack as another reason to take away our 2nd amendment rights.

Obama renews gun control push after 'senseless' Dallas murders

 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/08/obama-renews-gun-control-push-after-senseless-dallas-murders.html

 

Wait a minute. When a cop shoots a person(I am not going to debate legitimate or not) it is the the cops fault and we need to fix them. When a wack job shoots a person it is the guns fault and we need to remove them all. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are bad police officers! Fact, as in any profession.

I believe that 99% are good folks (regardless of color) who go to work everyday attempting to do the right thing (within the limits set by the law).

Obviously, they meet the public most of the time whenever they are investigating a possible crime. Not the best situation by any means. Many of the people who are on the receiving end of the officers call are at their worst; drunk, high, depressed, excited, angry, or afraid. What do you do if there are warrants already out for your arrest and you do not want to go to jail?

These men & women are in a hazardous profession, and in any given moment may find themselves in a life threatening situation. Imagine stopping a car for a traffic violation, walking up to ask for their license & registration and the driver points a gun at you? You can not walk up with your gun drawn, expecting the worst outcome possible, so you have to trust to fate.

They have families & loved ones just like the rest of us. Their lives are as precious as anyone else's.

Some people (the good officers) can handle this type of stress, and shrug it off to continue to the next call. Other's do not handle it well & resign from the job. I imagine there are one's who allow the stress to build up & coop as best as they can but it may not be possible. Still others should never have taken up this high stress occupation in the first place.  Bottom line - we should be a tad bit more understanding, and the police department should be more observant for the signs of extreme stress or inability to handle the job.

Finally, the police should be held to the highest standard of excellence & proficiency and a zero excuse policy must be maintained. Body cameras are the greatest thing since sliced beard but technology is only a tool that must be monitored continuously.

I have the utmost respect for anyone who is a police officer in America. The most challenging profession there is! :)

 

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gymrat76541 said:

There are bad police officers! Fact, as in any profession.

I believe that 99% are good folks (regardless of color) who go to work everyday attempting to do the right thing (within the limits set by the law).

Obviously, they meet the public most of the time whenever they are investigating a possible crime. Not the best situation by any means. Many of the people who are on the receiving end of the officers call are at their worst; drunk, high, depressed, excited, angry, or afraid. What do you do if there are warrants already out for your arrest and you do not want to go to jail?

These men & women are in a hazardous profession, and in any given moment may find themselves in a life threatening situation. Imagine stopping a car for a traffic violation, walking up to ask for their license & registration and the driver points a gun at you? You can not walk up with your gun drawn, expecting the worst outcome possible, so you have to trust to fate.

They have families & loved ones just like the rest of us. Their lives are as precious as anyone else's.

Some people (the good officers) can handle this type of stress, and shrug it off to continue to the next call. Other's do not handle it well & resign from the job. I imagine there are one's who allow the stress to build up & coop as best as they can but it may not be possible. Still others should never have taken up this high stress occupation in the first place.  Bottom line - we should be a tad bit more understanding, and the police department should be more observant for the signs of extreme stress or inability to handle the job.

Finally, the police should be held to the highest standard of excellence & proficiency and a zero excuse policy must be maintained. Body cameras are the greatest thing since sliced beard but technology is only a tool that must be monitored continuously.

I have the utmost respect for anyone who is a police officer in America. The most challenging profession there is! :)

 

BUMP

Link to post
Share on other sites

***///

NO SYMPATHY nor humanity for this callous murderer because he was a "Veteran" -- read on:

When deployed, he sexually harassed until they sent him CONUS.

 

One of his victims had to take out restraining orders to protect her family back home because of his threats.

How evil of him to torture her whilst she's deployed that way....?

 

he was a deviant... the kind ho'bummer adores and protects:

his own JAG lawyer said NOT to give him an 'Honorable' discharge.

But oh, no... can't do THAT to one of ho'bummer's boys in ho'bummer's new army, no sir...<_<

 

his DD214 needs to be amended and every Record made to reflect his epic fail as a Soldier, An American and

as a human being.:angry: Let The Record show: he was a COWARD.

 

.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sgt, tell it Brother!! I am right there with you and in total agreement. We have bad people in all walks of life, even the military. Asses like this guy gives all our Brothers in Arms a black eye. Really pisses me off. And the more the BLM rants, the more everyone sees them for exactly who and what they are, a bunch of race baiting pigs with the Lead Pig being the great and incompetent Obumma!! Getting sick of watching our Great Nation being transformed right in front of our eyes and nothing being done to stop it.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Testing the Rocker Badge!

  • Live Exchange Rate

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.