Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary Oil: attempts in parliament to pass a draft oil and gas law for vote

6 hours ago, Candy01 said:

My birthday is also in July, on the 8th!  And my son's is on the 12th!  I always told him he was MY birthday gift!!

:D

14 minutes ago, genx4me said:

And mine's the 5th! 

What A Coincidence - I Just Finished Drinking A Fifth ! :cheesehead:

:D       :D       :D

• Upvote 3

Parliamentary Oil: attempts in parliament to pass a draft oil and gas law for vote

6987.jpg

Economy News / special

It revealed the Commission on oil and energy parliamentary, for the existence of efforts within the parliament to pass a draft oil and gas law for a vote, stressing the importance of the enactment of this law in the current period to the organization of work in the oil and gas extraction industries.

The committee member said Awad al-Awadi, in an interview for "Economy News", the reason for not passing the oil and gas law in the two previous parliamentary sessions is a political and not a technical, noting that some of the blocks and authorities see that the law is passed oppose political and partisan interests.

He said al-Awadi, that there are efforts from within the Oil and Energy Committee to prepare a new draft agreed upon by all the political blocs to be passed in parliament and vote on the law soon, stressing the importance of legislation to regulate the work in the oil and gas extraction industries, as well as to end the differences between the governments of the center and the provinces and the region on oil.

She had announced that the Iraqi government, the 28th of August , 2011, on the ratification of the draft  oil and gas law , and decided to submit them to Parliament for approval, while announced at the time deputy prime minister for the former energy Hussain al - Shahristani office, on the second of July 2011, that the government has introduced "some amendments" to the draft oil law  , which is long overdue and reviewed by the energy Committee of the Cabinet, and since that time he was the inclusion of the House of Representatives has not been discussed or even put to read because of the intensification of the dispute it , particularly by the Kurdistan Alliance and the coalition of the rule of law .

AJ

Views 22   Date Added 06/11/2016 - 15:07   Last updated 06/11/2016 - 15:57   No. Content 3878
  • Upvote 5

Good morning Yota, as always hard at work bringing us the latest articles, thanks very much sir:twothumbs:

the oil and gas law has been drafted for some time now and as Yota's article state the reason for not passing the oil and gas law in the two previous parliamentary sessions is a political and not a technical, noting that some of the blocks and authorities see that the law is passed oppose political and partisan interests

To me this indicates we are close DV as it seems it is being brought to the table and discussed in the last 2 Parlimentary sessions. If I'm not mistaken in order for the imf loans to be granted the oil and gas law must be a done deal. As the article also indicates, the technical issues are done but political issues are what's holding it up. Now hopefully these political issues won't drag on much longer, I believe no, I feel a sense of urgency in Abadi's team to get these issues passed asap. 

In order to bring value to the IQD, as Adam has stated, the HCA must become HCL and if Abadi and team continue on the path they are going I believe we are very close DV to see this materialize and become law.  JMHO:goodnews:

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Wiljor said:

In order to bring value to the IQD, as Adam has stated, the HCA must become HCL and if Abadi and team continue on the path they are going I believe we are very close DV to see this materialize and become law.  JMHO:goodnews:

Preach on brotha', PREACH ONNNN!! :praying:

• Upvote 3