Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What is your Dinar story???

SnowGlobe7

I thought I would start this and ask "what is your dinar story"?

Who got you started? Do you still speak to them? When did you buy your first Dinar? Have you bought again? What is your thoughts now compared to then about the rate and date?

I got into this from a friend (2005 I think)...she gave me some stuff to read and she believed it would POP at any minute...we did a little reading together...shared our thoughts and bam we were "vested". She told me from the first day..."NO PROMISES" we knew it seemed to good to be true. We just knew it was going to be $3 to $1!!!!  A few months later a "guru" convinced her it was gonna go...so  we bought more. We bought it from a local bank both times.  There used to be a get together here in Tulsa of Dinarians, over time it faded away. (interesting people, kinda)

Since then I read A LOT (to much Hubby says  :shrug: ) I have had meaningful discussions, in person, here on DV, In chat, and by email. Over the years many of our opinions have changed, but we are still here. Husband thinks we are going to be on American Greed someday..victims of the biggest Ponzi Scheme ever!! It is so funny though..he asks occasionally..how is Iraq doing (secretly hoping he is wrong :eyebrows: )

Today my girlfriend calls and asks me how things are "going with our millions"? She has moved to another state and I miss our weekly lunches, but one day we believe we will be sitting on a beach together and toast our silly silly investment.

So what is your story????

Edited by SnowGlobe7
  • Upvote 4

Got my first batch in '05 as a contractor in Al Asad, Iraq. Main topic of conversation daily while I was there. Stayed 4 years and bought a little more along the line, had to sell off a bunch of course over the years as economics speak loudly at times. Also acquired a little V.N. Dong. Still waiting after right at 10 years now. Sigh.

• Upvote 3

A buddy back in 2010 told me about this. He has mentioned & tried

to get me into other other things to make money before. Never did

Checked em out, they weren't for me. Looked at the iqd and made 

my choice, so here I am!!! Hopefully I make some money, If not

I have had a great time on DV with everyone. Tha, tha, that's it folks!!!

moose 57

h.a.n.d.

• Upvote 1

Had a cousin turn me on to it after his third tour.

11 maybe 12 years ago.  I was the only one that would take him seriously .

Rest of the family thought he was nuts.  Didnt really buy a whole lot

1/2 mil or so.  He left me 2 more mil when he got killed.  If it ever pans out I plan on 

helping out his family with it. 

• Upvote 4

Got mine first in 2010.  My brother called and said it was getting ready to happen, and all of us siblings needed to get in ASAP.  I wasn't convinced (accounting and traditional business background).  Then after doing a little research, I ran across the rumor that Donald Trump had tons of it.  That peaked my interest - ha!  We got together at Thanksgiving that year and each bought our first million.  We have accumulated while we have waited.  We are all still in it and are still expectant!!

Snow, did those Tulsa meetings include Marcus Curtis or Mr. Rich?  Just curious.  They were so gung-ho at one time and then went completely negative on the investment. 

A close friend of mine told me about it back in 09. She had gotten the info from someone who's church had bought some etc.  She only approached me about it because she knew I dabbled in the stock market and at the time was heavily invested in the real estate market. Once she told me about the possible returns I did some research and ended up buying online from Dinar Trade.

Patience is key but, I knew if I could make it through a tough real estate market I could make it through this.  I tried to get my wife to jump in and join but she being the big skeptic quickly declined. ( For all she knows I don't even own any).

THANKFULLY while looking up Dinar and bypassing many silly sites I was able to find this site many moons ago. I didn't post much or participate in many discussions for lack of confidence in my knowledge of this investment. I put the dinar up for safe keeping and until just a year ago started back heavily on here and for the first time just a few months back looked at them. I still have them in the old fed ex packages they came in. I'm that person that keeps all the plastic on new things even though months later I should take them off. Drives my wife crazy!! LOL

Edited by chris2028
  • Upvote 1

Got mine first in 2010.  My brother called and said it was getting ready to happen, and all of us siblings needed to get in ASAP.  I wasn't convinced (accounting and traditional business background).  Then after doing a little research, I ran across the rumor that Donald Trump had tons of it.  That peaked my interest - ha!  We got together at Thanksgiving that year and each bought our first million.  We have accumulated while we have waited.  We are all still in it and are still expectant!!

Snow, did those Tulsa meetings include Marcus Curtis or Mr. Rich?  Just curious.  They were so gung-ho at one time and then went completely negative on the investment. 

There were people there that I do not remember now, or have any contact with, so it is possible. most were guys except my friend and another gal that was her friend. I was not on this site then, frankly I do not remember the site that I first looked at, I will ask my friend. I am still amazed at how many in Tulsa have Dinar...it seems to me to be a very high number. 

Edited by SnowGlobe7

I bought back in 2010. People in church were all excited about it. The Kuwait thing sold me on it (I now know that was baloney). I have changed my thinking completely over the years. I'm too stubborn to sell right now, but hope to make some money in the next five years from a change in the peg to 800 or so.

well let me start like  this  " I was in  Reno  "   I shot a man just too watch him ...  oh  another  song    <_<  :lol:      I got ya with  Reno,   didn`t I  ?     well  any who ,  I heard of this  crazy  fun ride through a guy who was in the  civil  contractor  in  Iraq  ....    now  he  says things  that  are  way left  of  my ideas ,   but  when  he was  chatting about  dinar ,  how it was at  3 per  dinar  to 1 dollar then went too 3000  too 1  dollar then started a climb back , " to what it is now "   I thought " man  this  is just crazy enough to actually  turn a  good profit !  wifey and  I bought 750,ooo  first buy , then accumulated more along the way ,  {  my first thinking was , man,  they might just go back too a close amount  as  Kuwait ,   some where in the range  the region is  at now  ,  I still think it will get there , but  now  ,  it will be a slow grower  in my thinking ...  but  any thing is possible  when  enough  faith hits  the lines  !   :soon:       good  topic  snow kitty  

uhhhhhh !  that  was  750,ooo   dinar  !   not  750,ooo   dollars  worth  !  just   a  note   :o

Edited by jeepguy
  • Upvote 1

I was a salesman back in '09. At one of my stops one of my contacts told me about. Told me about this site and another one. We've changed jobs since, but we ran into each other a couple of years ago. He says he's not into it as much. My wife gives me static about it. I think eventually it will rv. I hope it's in my lifetime so I could ask her if she wants to spend it

• Upvote 1

Hmmmmm..... I remember it was 2004. I was sitting at a picnic table and working during an airshow. A young guy was sitting across from me, and we were talking about a deployment he just got back from. He pulls a 25K dinar from his wallet and tells me all about the investment and how he's going profit from it. I did a little research and long story short, I placed my first order and here I am!!  :peace:

• Upvote 1

A doctor introduced me to the dinar, sometime around 2005, maybe '04. It was almost clandestine because the intel came from his contacts within one of the intelligence agencies. And would not go into more than that; I do know he bought a big bundle and is still sitting on it. I do know he expected it to pop very shortly, and rate would possibly be between $.25 and $1.00. So I bought what I could afford to lose or would have spent on riotous living. LOL!

Edited by Sage449
  • Upvote 2

I overheard a co-worker talking about the dinar and about Dvets.  I did some research then decided to jump in.

I told a few of my friends at work and they told two friends and so on and so on..........Now there are seventy five to eighty people who I know of that are now invested.

Hope to see a 1:1 but even at .10 I could still retire. 

And for a date, I'll shoot for my birthday , Jan 6 /16

• Upvote 3

I actually bought mine at FOB Warrior in Kirkuk in 2004. I was deployed, and just wanted to come back as an "Iraqi Millionaire" for fun. Gave each of my daughters a 25,000 Dinar bill and kind of jokingly said "Keep track of that, someday it may pay for your college."  Little did I know....

I really know about the "investment" side until about 4 years ago.  Since then I've picked up a bit more, along with some V.N. Dong.

Man_Kind - Hey - you just described Network Marketing!...*lol*

• Upvote 3

I got into the Dinar investment in mid August 2010.  I received an email through one of my contacts in an online "money making" program.

I was also told this thing would pop in that very month!  So I kept accumulating, NEVER dreaming it would take over FIVE very LONG years to happen!

Oh well!  I guess I am STILL glad I got into this!

-_-

• Upvote 2

well younger me was on the internet one evening looking for something else,

younger me came across some fantastical stories about magical dinars,

younger me said "oooh what is this, I need some of this action"

younger me drank some of the koolaid from dinar land but not really believing all the hype bought some magical dinars anyway.

younger me did soooooo much reading in the ensuing weeks and months about dinar and world economics his head was spinning but came to the conclusion it wasn't a fantastical dream but quite possibly a reality.

younger me decided to spread the word with friends about this possible windfall, but alas even back in days gone by people didn't want to believe in alternative Ideas like this even though they didn't really have a clue about what he was talking about and to be honest most were too lazy to even bother to educate them selves, they lived for that day and not for the next.

the years rolled by, more dinars were bought, the post count racked up, friends were made and friends were lost, a million pictures of cats were viewed.

this brings us to today, older, wiser probably grumpier but still here with a fist full of dinars.

• Upvote 3