Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Family of 8 at Arizona Walmart Get Into Brawl with Cops. Now One Person is Dead After Reaching for a Gun.

Family of 8 at Arizona Walmart Get Into Brawl with Cops. Now One Person is Dead After Reaching for a Gun.

BY JUSTEN CHARTERS (19 MINS AGO) | HEADLINESLEGALNATION

On Friday, Arizona’s Cottonwood Police Department released dash cam footage of a brawl between a group of Christian performers and cops that turned deadly.

The incident happened on March 21st, in parking lot of the Cottonwood Walmart. Police were responding to a call about a Walmart employee being assaulted as she tried to go into the restroom.

When law enforcement confronted the people who were identified as suspects, now known as the Gaver family, they weren’t being cooperative at all.

In the footage, one of the officers calmly explains, “We need to separate these folks and talk to them.” To which one of the Gaver family members responds, “No you’re not going to separate me and my family.”

NBC News reported on how things quickly escalated from there:

"When officers arrived, the suspects — identified by police as members of the Gaver family — were in the parking lot attacking a second store employee, and immediately began attacking officers who tried to break up the melee, Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesman Bart Graves said.

An officer identified as Officer Rick Hicks appears to shoot one man in the stomach before fatally shooting a man on top of Daniels.

Cottonwood Police Chief Jody Fanning said Daniels was disarmed and shot in the leg by Enoch Gaver, 21, who was in turn shot and killed by Hicks after Hicks shot David Gaver, 28."

Also, throughout the video, the police repeatedly tell the Gaver family members to “get down.” Though, they don’t listen and keeps trying to fight back against the officers.

Fox 8 explained what the Gaver family is being charged with:

"Police charged four members of the family with assaulting an officer and resisting arrest. Two minors were also taken into custody and are being held at a juvenile detention facility."

This is a developing story. More information will be added as it comes available.

• Upvote 2

Also - just as a note -  whether using a wood baton, metal lock baton,  PR24 or flashlight (my favorite) for subject control using less than lethal force,  it is illegal to swing for the head.  Any blow above the shoulders is considered as using deadly force.  The only time that it would be justified is if they had tried to grab your weapon

• Upvote 1

***///

She's yellin' "yer killin' my family --why...?! 

Seriously lady? :confused2:

You were there...

you saw the wheels fall off that crazy train you call your family and decide the cops are "murderers"...?

How much dysfunction did you sow into those people that they all thought how they behaved was  a

perfectly acceptable reaction to their earlier actions in an otherwise civilised society? :confused2:

Why weren't YOU on the Cops' side in all this...?

Did you raise them to be violent, raise their hands to each other and pull a gun on the cops?

And now you're surprised?  Wow.  :facepalm3:

All ya'll had to do was follow the Officers' command to "get down" and stay down.

That whole thing looked like some haywire testosterone-fueled orgy of dysfunction. <_< 

Sorry for your loss .

• Upvote 2

"On Friday, Arizona’s Cottonwood Police Department released dash cam footage of a brawl between a group of Christian performers and cops that turned deadly..."

Christian performers?   :blink:   Interesting that they'd be described that way...

Looked like a bunch of Carnies if ya ask me!

I thought the officers showed great restraint.  
  • Upvote 4

They were using an expandable baton in the video.  I watched my BFF who's a Police Officer break brick with one.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cd/21'_ASP_Baton.jpg

I carry a 26" Smith & Wesson baton in my cars along with handguns. I promise you I would not want to be struck by one.

Edited by Markinsa
Please see Forum Rules

***///

These "end-times" "street-performing" hacks were prepared to fight Cops:

They were trained by their parents to roll on the ground to dislodge tasers, cutting the electricity.

They were trained by their parent s to gouge at the officer's faces, eyes and ears.

One Officer said they were clearly prepared and this was not an "ordinary, peaceful family...

they were trained how to assault our heads and faces"....

Thanks Markinsa....I rode with a M/C ''The Wayward Few'' and we had a reputation of throwin' some uninhabited keg parties...As the parties got more an more popular the word got out about the women and the booze...plus we had it in a pasture beside a creek under some trees that we had hammocks to sleep off the buzz....All good things must come to an end and things got out of hand on our LAST kegger...We had hints of some trouble brewin'(no pun intended) and decided to take some precaution...Well true to rumors, up in the early mornin' some questionable riders showed up( after quitin' time for the bars) already tanked and lookin' to start something...Which didn't seem long after we were advised that the entire party turned into a slung fest....We had purchased  half a dozen cans of the econo industrial size can of wasp spray...There were several SAF wounds that sent a couple of people to the hospital but all in all chemical warfare is a wonderful thing....It will literally take the breathe away from a person and leave them tryin' to catch their next breath and take all the fight out of them...The wonderful thing bout that spray is it will reach out about 25 feet and still have an effect....just sayin'....    

They were using an expandable baton in the video.  I watched my BFF who's a Police Officer break brick with one.

21%27_ASP_Baton.jpg

I would never bet my safety or life on a taser or baton (be it hickory or steel).  While these weapons are normally sufficient for self defense, they are not 100% effective.  I remember back to the Rodney King incident where he was tased multiple times but was not incapacitated.  He continued his charge and was then struck with baton blows around 60 times (by multiple officers and many to the head) before he finally ceased resisting.  I don’t know about you, but my arms would get tired long before I got to 60 swings with a baton.

"On Friday, Arizona’s Cottonwood Police Department released dash cam footage of a brawl between a group of Christian performers and cops that turned deadly..."

Christian performers?   :blink:   Interesting that they'd be described that way...

Looked like a bunch of Carnies if ya ask me!

I thought the officers showed great restraint.  

I caught that too, and it struck me as odd.  What exactly is a “Christian performer” and how is that relative to the story?  I do not know enough about Independent Journal Review that originally wrote the story, but this line makes me wonder.

• Upvote 1

I would never bet my safety or life on a taser or baton (be it hickory or steel).  While these weapons are normally sufficient for self defense, they are not 100% effective.  I remember back to the Rodney King incident where he was tased multiple times but was not incapacitated.  He continued his charge and was then struck with baton blows around 60 times (by multiple officers and many to the head) before he finally ceased resisting.  I don’t know about you, but my arms would get tired long before I got to 60 swings with a baton.

I caught that too, and it struck me as odd.  What exactly is a “Christian performer” and how is that relative to the story?  I do not know enough about Independent Journal Review that originally wrote the story, but this line makes me wonder.

It struck me odd also when they described them as Christian street performers. I would have to guess from the description they did it for a living. They didnt look very christian like to me.

The cops looked like the keystone cops. It seems like to me they need to practice pull back and regroup and not get so close to a bunch of rowdys.

As soon as there are cops being attacked, pull back and pull the guns out immediatly. Dont get into a brawl with them all, eventually someone is going to reach for that gun.

Why does "Christian" matter in this case? You think if it were a Islamic traveling band they would proclaim it so many times in the article? me thinks not.

Jesus didn't say lie down and die for your enemy. In fact he told his disciples to sell their cloaks and buy a sword.

Edited by Theseus

Why does "Christian" matter in this case? You think if it were a Islamic traveling band they would proclaim it so many times in the article? me thinks not.

Jesus didn't say lie down and die for your enemy. In fact he told his disciples to sell their cloaks and buy a sword.

Its just a detail.

It appears they were living out of their vehicle and playing Christian Music in shopping center parking lots.  

I read on another news website two of the young men was guarding the bathroom door in the Walmart while the mother was using it.  When the Walmart employee attempted to enter, they wouldn't let her.  How they "assaulted" her,  it did not say.

***///

We read that they put their hands on her person and

shoved her - hard -- when she tried to see what was going on in the men's room...

They should've just let her enter .

We're pretty sure she would not have violated the womens' privacy by entering a stall or some such nonsense.

For all the employee knew - these "end days" radicals could've been up to no good.

They had been hanging around their store for several days and not been very polite nor civil to the staff or the

other shoppers during that time.

Turns out they were trained dissenters, as witnessed by their brand of assault on Law Enforcement.