Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayer Request

divemaster5734

After years of little or no contact, my siblings and I are meeting at Dad's for what will most likely be his last birthday.

Haven't seen him in a very long time, but by all reports it isn't good.

I would humbly ask any so inclined to say a word that Dad is coherent and strong enough to enjoy is kids assembling from so many very distant points.

Also, let's ask for strength for all others going through the same end of life issues with their loved ones.

It is a simple consequence of life, but it doesn't get any easier for those left behind.

I know he will finally be free, and he has certainly paid his dues.

Thanks

• Upvote 10

divemaster..my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family and your Dad.  I lost my dad eight years ago July 31.  I still miss him greatly.  I would love to have one more visit with him just to say how much I loved him and what a great dad he was to me and my siblings.  Take this time to let him know how you love him.  He will know even if you think he is not coherent enough to understand.  sammyque

• Upvote 4

You got it Divemaster, you can count on us here in DV land.  Our precious members have always come to my beckon call.  I jump at it when someone else is in need. 

May Our Lord give your family peace, fill your hearts with calmness.  May your father be touched with the love of God through his children and may His presents be known to you and your sibling, Amen

God, you are so good, hear your children's prayers and send the graces that are so need now.    :praying:

• Upvote 5

Dive,

I pray God's hands will be upon you and your siblings that the time you have with your dad will be the one to remember and there will be healing in everyone's heart.  I pray for peace and God's grace to cover you all.  It's not easy to lose someone we love but like you said it's life.  I pray that the next few days will be also a time when you and your siblings will be bonding more and become a family again in Jesus name, amen. 

• Upvote 3

It took a few minutes to get through the responses, the words got a little fuzzy.

thank you one and all.

And a special thanks to those that shared their story, my prayers are for you as well.

Prayers continuing, brother.

One of my dad's last, really lucid days was a family reunion scheduled to coincide with my mom's birthday. One last family picture with all the kids and grandkids and the one great-grandkid (my grandson) that was around at the time. Now with more grandkids moving around/away, we'll probably never get to have everybody all together again. But it was very special and we felt were blessed!

Allow yourself to be blessed!

Blessings to you and yours!

• Upvote 1

Divemaster....we'll be praying for you, your family, and especially your Dad...!  I'm convinced that the Lord will give you what you (and we) are asking & praying for.  The Lord is always interested in RECONCILIATION and RESTORATION...! 

In 1 John 5:13-15 it says:  "These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.  This is the confidence which we have[l]before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.  And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him." 

And again in John 14:13-14 it says: "Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it."

Divemaster, I wish to encourage you that what you have asked for will be the environment you find.  In the Lord's Prayer Jesus indicated that it would be done on earth as it is in heaven.  It's already done in the spiritual realm, and will be manifested in this earthly realm - because you have prayed believing that Jesus would bring your request to pass. 

God bless you Divemaster, and your entire family...!  We proclaim Peace, Contentment and Joy. 

In His Love & Service...RON

• Upvote 7