Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Speculate on the rate   

180 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think it will come out at and why ?

• less than $0.01
    • $0.01 - $0.10
    • $0.10 - $0.50
    • $0.50 - $1.00
    • $1.00 +
    • $2.00 +
    • $3.00 +
    • guru fairytale rate

My Value was the $3+ range  :tiphat: 

Worst case scenario it will have to be slightly over $1, but to meet infrastructure & developmental requirements it will have to be over $3.148...!  Back in 2009 - 2010 the IMF wanted them to come out at a rate of $1.25 up to the Euro rate.  For a while it was strongly considered that the rate would be close to the Bahrain Dinar of $2.65 ... and that wouild place them in the middle of the range of most GCC countries.  

As has been noted, they would like to have the highest valued currency as a matter of pride and their tribal mentality; however, I believe an agreement was made with Kuwait not to exceed the KUD - at least initially...!  Then we have the Future of Iraq Project stating the desire is to eventually restore the IQD to the pre-Saddam rate of $3.33 (The Golden Dinar).  We can also consider the original $3.22 rate and then the talk of taking this rate and increasing it about 20% for years of inflation & appreciation ($3.86).  Once again, I believe an agreement was made with Kuwait as part of the settlement to get out of Chapter 7, so it will be within pennies of Kuwait's Dinar rate. 

We shall soon see IMHO...!  :confused2: 

I was told it was coming out at within .50 of Kuwait rate..by the person who got me into this Investment..
  • Upvote 3

If they RV within a year, I'm thinking $0.10 - 0.50 and then float.  Security is going to be an issue for a while - including the ability to keep the oil flowing.  Secure oil production and mining operations and food surplus will support a significantly higher rate, but they aren't there yet and REALLY need to RV at a rate that will not DROP right away - i.e. a rate the market will support.

I don't see how it will hurt them to come out lower and float up, except that a fairly rapid float will make things tough for the populace and businesses, trying to keep up with what their IQD is worth.  So, the CBI might come out at a peg instead of a float, then RV periodically to match what the market wants and the CBI can sustain. :twocents:

My Value was the $3+ range  :tiphat: 

Worst case scenario it will have to be slightly over $1, but to meet infrastructure & developmental requirements it will have to be over $3.148...!  Back in 2009 - 2010 the IMF wanted them to come out at a rate of $1.25 up to the Euro rate.  For a while it was strongly considered that the rate would be close to the Bahrain Dinar of $2.65 ... and that wouild place them in the middle of the range of most GCC countries.  

As has been noted, they would like to have the highest valued currency as a matter of pride and their tribal mentality; however, I believe an agreement was made with Kuwait not to exceed the KUD - at least initially...!  Then we have the Future of Iraq Project stating the desire is to eventually restore the IQD to the pre-Saddam rate of $3.33 (The Golden Dinar).  We can also consider the original $3.22 rate and then the talk of taking this rate and increasing it about 20% for years of inflation & appreciation ($3.86).  Once again, I believe an agreement was made with Kuwait as part of the settlement to get out of Chapter 7, so it will be within pennies of Kuwait's Dinar rate. 

We shall soon see IMHO...!  :confused2: 

From your lips Ron! I'd be a very happy camper!  :lol:  :lol:

• Upvote 1

I  think the value of the  dinar  will  be  a little over the  value of a dollar or  more  if they (  whoever  they are )  want to  de-dollar  the country and have there own currency in use.  RV  or RD  Will it to be soon!

• Upvote 1

You got it - put your hair in a ponytail, hang on, we're heading' to Trona for the salt flat races...

I hate to say this but I actually know where Trona is.  Do they still have salt flat races there and where would I find out about them?

I was told it was coming out at within .50 of Kuwait rate..by the person who got me into this Investment..

Wow!!! That is what the person that got me into this told me too... also that I may be "too late" to buy my dinar before the RV...

that was over 3 years ago...

• Upvote 1

I'd say to fully understand the Trona state of mind one would need to drive a '69 Triumph Bonneville east on I-10 from Santa Monica to 395 North with head full of bennies while sippin warm Shiltz on the 'P' breaks.  It'll only take about 4 -5 kidney jarring hours to get there but once there you'll never be the same.  Coming home? You can leave Trona but it never leaves you... good luck, I hope you like sound of bongos...

Wow!!! That is what the person that got me into this told me too... also that I may be "too late" to buy my dinar before the RV...

that was over 3 years ago...

I was told same ( I might be too late already...) when I bought  at the end of 2004.

GO RV @ $3.33 -I'm sticking to what Shabibi said: "IRAQ will have one of the strongest currencies in the Middle East". Since Kuwait is at ~ $3.50 I believe they have to come close to it.

Wm13

Yup..I am right there with waterman....they have been held down so long but pride won 't let em take it in the chops much longer!!!

Thanks Machine!!! :)

I have absolutely No idea. But just hearing MP's say descriptions like "Super Abundant Wealth " " Return To Former Glory" " Earth Shattering Wealth".Seeing the articles for 90 tons of gold , 100 billion dollars  in the CBI.The DFI funds being about 180 Billion dollars .New Oil wells found frequently and The List Goes On ! My Heavens Above This Is The Most Exciting Financial Adventure I have Ever Been a Apart Of !!!!!

More than a dollar to de dollarize and for pride.  It has been said it can be backed to 2.50.  I believe it will come out at 3+ and settle around Kuwait 's rate.   But, I would be happy at .10.......So my pick is all of the above. :lol:

• Upvote 2

More than a dollar to de dollarize and for pride.  It has been said it can be backed to 2.50.  I believe it will come out at 3+ and settle around Kuwait 's rate.   But, I would be happy at .10.......So my pick is all of the above. :lol:

that's a bit of a mis-quote it was stated that it could be backed 2.5 times not to $2.50 rate...... huge difference

• Upvote 2

$1.17 - Accomplish de-dollarization and float up.

I'm very hopeful that it happens this way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Between a dime and .50 to prime the pump with Dinars from outside Iraq.

This would make the most sense to pull in a lot of IQD at a cheaper rate.

a little over a dollar at first and then I think it will slowly  climb to 3 dollars but i'll take a  dime in a minute...

:twocents::twothumbs:

It reminds me of younger years ..... the girlfriend is "late".  I be happy if it would only START!

I think a return to 3.22 prewar value is most likely with the high probability of a rate 20% higher that Kuwaiti or Saudi Arabia...Worlds strongest currency..

Saudi's rate is about a quarter.  twenty five cents

Oh yeah, my vote?  In my dream world 1+

Edited by okane

I'm gonna go with .10 to bring in the large notes in and make it easy for the Iraqi's to follow the rate (10 to 1), then climb from there after about 90 days. But I'll be happy with ANYTHING at this point. .