Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

*** Najafi to approve Budget within 48 hours***

State law calls for the convening of an extraordinary session Najafi to approve the budget within 48 hours

BAGHDAD - Iraq Press - 5 May / May: 

called State of Law coalition of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, on Monday, the President of the Council of Representatives, Osama al-Nujaifi, to extend an invitation to members of the House of Representatives and hold a special meeting during the next two days in order to pass the budget.

The MP said, Hassan al-Yassiri, told / Iraq Press / "on the Presidency of the Council of Representatives to do their responsibilities constitutional and call the council to convene for the purpose of approving the budget," adding that "the political blocs that had objected to the adoption of the budget in the last stage may have changed their positions ".

He added that "the President of the House of Representatives to throw the ball stadium Council to be responsible before the people if it does not achieve the required quorum for the meeting."

And to extend the life of parliament if the delay in approving the budget between, Yasiri, "The Council and after ending Valtmdid then is not verified."

He said that "When extend legislative term in the first year and the second or third it is because Aamdd age of the House of Representatives but the extension would be after the fourth year if extended due to failure to approve the budget, this means that the age of the House of Representatives extended and the extension is not permitted because it is the age specified by the Constitution."

He noted that "the constitutional provision which relates to the separation of the legislative Aenqda only approve the budget for Aitbak in the fourth year." A finished. H

http://www.iraqpressagency.com/?p=59539〈=ar

• Upvote 7

IMO this is just Maliki trying to place blame on everyone else for the budget not passing.  Look good to the people, but its too late for that.  The people have already voted.  The National Alliance will renew without the SLC being lead-dog.

• Upvote 1

Still trying to pass the budget, maliki is.  Cracks me up.  He needs to get the money to pay for these bombing of headquarters of Hakim, Sadr, Najafi etc.  He needs money.   It has nothing to do with paying salaries or distribution.  He went without paying the kurds for months.  And he filed a lawsuit on Najafi blaming him.  I guess he don't get it.  They don't want him to have any more money.  No more theft of the Iraqi funds.  The dude just don't know he is gone yet and he is trying to kill them all to stay in power.  What a nut job. 

• Upvote 1

Don't get too excited here folks. I don't mean to throw water on everybody's parade, but unless the State Law and Maliki's goons have had a sudden change of heart and have agreed to all of the budgetary changes requested by the Kurds, I don't think the budget will be passed until the new government is formed, IMHO. I think Maliki missed the window of opportunity to do the right thing for Iraq...that train has already left the station.

Indy