Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Journal reports Maliki is out as PM

Iraqi Journal is reporting that Maliki is out as PM and that the Alliance is getting 80 seats.  These are preliminary results.  Check out theiraqijournal.com  

My question is...what does this mean for the RV???  Will this help us or set us back another year????

• Upvote 6

Posted by Iraq News Journal on May 03, 2014 | Leave a Comment

Iraq elections: Alliance (chest – Hakim) gets 80 seats

Preliminary results of the Iraqi elections announced by organizations monitoring the elections, the coalition of “state law” led by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki won 67 seats, while the coalition of the “state of the citizen,” led by Ammar al-Hakim on 48 seats, also got his ally “conglomerate Liberal” Council of the Sadrist movement Bakoaúmh three 33 seats, making the alliance, “Sadr al-Hakim” gets a majority within the National Alliance Shiite by 80 seats, compared to 67 seats “for the rule of law.”

The final results showed that the initial “Kurdistan Democratic Party” and its allies won 20 seats and the “PUK” on 14 seats, was awarded the “Movement for Change” Kurdish (Curran) 15 seats.

As the coalition of “Uniting for Reform” led by Parliament Speaker Osama Najafi 33 seats and the “national list” led by Iyad Allawi won 25 seats, while the “Reform Movement” led by Ibrahim al-Jaafari on 10 seats and the “Arab List” led by Saleh al-Mutlaq on 10 seats and “Civil Democratic Alliance” and 10 seats, “the Virtue Party” 7 seats.

• Upvote 2

Looking good, thanks TM

I am confident that the final results will be official a lot sooner then we think. It's time for change and it has been publicized in many Iraki publications. The question is how quick can the new leaders begin to put their plan together. Past experience says it will take time but let's see. Maybe, just maybe Irak wishes to emerge on the international scene ASAP.

Wonder how Adam feels about the news ;-)

• Upvote 2

Looking good, thanks TM

I am confident that the final results will be official a lot sooner then we think. It's time for change and it has been publicized in many Iraki publications. The question is how quick can the new leaders begin to put their plan together. Past experience says it will take time but let's see. Maybe, just maybe Irak wishes to emerge on the international scene ASAP.

Wonder how Adam feels about the news ;-)

Didn't Allawi once say he could do it in something like 3 or 4 days?

Maliki has been in the picture since before Bush had a shoe thrown his way.

Are we looking at an amasing historic change for Iraq and the world? Yes we are!

Edited by Dee-NarZ
  • Upvote 2

Posted by Iraq News Journal on May 03, 2014 | Leave a Comment

Iraq elections: Alliance (chest – Hakim) gets 80 seats

Preliminary results of the Iraqi elections announced by organizations monitoring the elections, the coalition of “state law” led by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki won 67 seats, while the coalition of the “state of the citizen,” led by Ammar al-Hakim on 48 seats, also got his ally “conglomerate Liberal” Council of the Sadrist movement Bakoaúmh three 33 seats, making the alliance, “Sadr al-Hakim” gets a majority within the National Alliance Shiite by 80 seats, compared to 67 seats “for the rule of law.”

The final results showed that the initial “Kurdistan Democratic Party” and its allies won 20 seats and the “PUK” on 14 seats, was awarded the “Movement for Change” Kurdish (Curran) 15 seats.

As the coalition of “Uniting for Reform” led by Parliament Speaker Osama Najafi 33 seats and the “national list” led by Iyad Allawi won 25 seats, while the “Reform Movement” led by Ibrahim al-Jaafari on 10 seats and the “Arab List” led by Saleh al-Mutlaq on 10 seats and “Civil Democratic Alliance” and 10 seats, “the Virtue Party” 7 seats.

so...

maliki               =63

hakim / sadr   = 80

kurds              = 49 (total)

nujafi              = 33

allawi              = 25

jaafari/mulag  = 20

is this right or is my math off?

Go Hakim you can DO IT

His post election speech was GREAT

He wants all tribes and rligions to participate in the future of IRAQ

Maliki just wanted a Shiite controlled Goverment.

Things are looking up if Hakim wins I would think the RV / RI would be short coming.

Edited by Brisco

Never thought that Maliki was in for a third term so, not surprised at all.

Let's just hope that the whole election/government formation process goes as smoothly as possible and we are blessed enough to see a RV after. That would be absolutely amazing... and I must admit, along the lines of what I have been leaning toward.

If it doesn't happen then, I just don't know when it possibly will.

key word "preliminary", no way its going to take them 20 to 30 days to count the votes....People have a way of jumping the gun.....  :backflip: 

I just posted a video that says they are still about 20-30 days out with the counting...with a link.

Who knows, but I hope they take their time and lets have all parties represented...(video shows the UN supervising) and that way no one screams recount

i think we still have to wait for official reports although the preliminary news has pointed to maliki being done.  whether or not the news is good for our investment really comes down to "stability of the country".  if maliki does not return as the premier, and the new government does not stabilize the country, that would be bad for us.  instability is not fertile ground for foreign investors.  as investors we need the country stable to instill confidence in the investment.  

Edited by TrinityeXchange