Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

is it true that ...

vomer

OK I'm just friggin' ASKING .. is it true that Iraq will enter the WTO on the 29 of this month and they need a tradable  currency two weeks before that?  I read it somewhere else.

If it is true, that would be the end of all speculation.  I sure hope it is.  That would make it mandatory by Sunday.  :shrug:  :confused2:  :goodnews:

• Upvote 1

I think he is referring to a post floating around from the beloved Delta. Laying on a blue couch somewhere. Reading "The Crucible".

12-11-2013 Intel Guru Delta Iraq is to be inducted into the WTO on the 29th of this month, thats a Sunday. Now here is the exciting thing, he said that Iraq must have a tradable currency and be in total Article 8 compliance two weeks prior to the 29th. In case you don't know, Article 8 says that Iraq can only use their own currency in country. They cant use US Dollars! So that is saying we are at the 2-week crucible right now!

• Upvote 2

I just posted in another string about Iraq joining the WTO.  A country's "Accession" into the WTO is a lengthy process.  Below is a link that shows the process and where in the process Iraq is.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like they're close, especially not for this month.  However, the WTO information states that all of the documentation of the Accession process is NOT public, so there's really no way to tell.  There's a lot of good information on their site that explains exactly who they are, what they are, and what they do.  (www.wto.org)  It's worth the read.  The last Calendar status update for Iraq's progress toward WTO membership was in 2010.  But who knows where the process really is because of the unknown status of membership Accession for Iraq.

http://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/acc_e/a1_iraq_e.htm

Edited by Big Newby
  • Upvote 4

I just posted in another string about Iraq joining the WTO.  A country's "Accession" into the WTO is a lengthy process.  Below is a link that shows the process and where in the process Iraq is.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like they're close, especially not for this month.  However, the WTO information states that all of the documentation of the Accession process is NOT public, so there's really no way to tell.  There's a lot of good information on their site that explains exactly who they are, what they are, and what they do.  (www.wto.org)  It's worth the read.  The last Calendar status update for Iraq's progress toward WTO membership was in 2010.  But who knows where the process really is because of the unknown status of membership Accession for Iraq.

http://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/acc_e/a1_iraq_e.htm

Plus 1 :bravo:

reality with a touch of maybe....thanks Big Newby

I have visited this site in the past but it never seems to update. Nice to know we are on the same page

• Upvote 1

I was looking at what Yemen had to accomplish before they were done and Iraqi has a lot more to accomplish before they will be admitted. If you are looking for an RV by the end of the year I don't see it happening. However I also noticed that Yemen has not yet been added to the WTO as a member yet on the list that they have on there, I would love to see it RV by the end of the year but logic tells me it is not going to happen.

• Upvote 2

Middle East

Citi's established local presence in Middle Eastern countries means we can fully support your business transactions, whether in a single country or across the region. Serving financial institutions, public-sector agencies, embassies, governments, multinational and local corporations, we provide a range of award-winning solutions—from simple cash and trade services to complex regional treasury solutions and e-commerce services.

http://www.citibank.com/transactionservices/home/region/me/

Wonder how citi group is doing in bagdad