Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WHY WHITES ARE RACISTS, AND NO OTHER RACE IS?

Kaduku

Lame55 you have no clue, do ya.

It was blacks that enslaved and sold the blacks from Africa

Not even a measurable percentage of white population in the KKK

no point in going on, your statements are invalid.

Both of your points are either fallacies or untrue.

Yes blacks were involved in slave trade - doesn't mean we are not at fault too.

How to you know how many were in the KKK? It was a secret society. In my studies of Reconstruction in grad school, many were either active members or supported them in the South. That's measurable.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

Man's inhumanity to man has long long history covering all races and regions. We have a unique oppertunity to break the cycle and stop with the "racial score keeping" that is perpetuated by certian people who's living depends on furthering racial division. (look around you can see who these people are)We need to stop listening to the "race baitors" and start "judging people by the content of thier carechter". (your color does not give you a pass to act like jerk)

Such a good post... and so true... let me share a brief bit of history very few know about.

The "Trail of Tears" has long been a sad story used to fuel racism of one skin color against another.  The truth be told, when I lived in NC I did research and found out that the Moravian Brethren who worked closely with the Cherokee, learned of the coming atrocity, and several Moravian's joined them side by side on the trail.  Historical records even imply that some died with their Cherokee brothers and sisters along the way.  Why do I share that?   Long has the story been told of "the evil white man" who forced thousands of native souls on a forced trek where hundreds died.  This little tid bit changes the equation imo... it's no longer "the evil white man"... it's just "the evil, greedy men".  If one is willing to walk side by side and die with you (as the Moravian's did) then it's not the color of the skin that's evil... it the condition of the heart.  Evil hearts come in all colors... so what can we do about it?  Change our hearts... don't judge by the color on the outside... but what's on the inside.   It's a heart issue... not a color issue!!!

Last night as I came home from a trip to downtown, and in the pouring rain a young man pulled over to the side of the road with a flat tire.   I did what I always do... I went out and helped someone in need...I first asked him to pull in my driveway out of harms way from traffic, then I got my floor jack out, and helped changed the tire.  Did it matter that he was black and I am white?... not in the least... though I think I somewhat shocked him that I, a white guy would help him.  I did it because it was the right thing to do... I saw a fellow human being in need, not a different color.  Nuff said!!!  ;) 

• Upvote 11

The Aztecs enslaved and murdered thier neighboring tribes in some of the most brutal ways imaginable. The Egyptians enslaved caucasions (yes white people) and used them to do menial labor in some of the harshests conditions for 5000 years (we got over it) The first slave owner in in the then American colonies was a black man , who's leagal decision by a Brittish appointed magistrate set precidence for furthering slavery in the future U.S. And the white man did not go into the African intirior and hunt down blacks for slaves , it was rival tribes and fellow Africans who sold them to North and South Americans. (Brazil continued to import slaves long after the U.S. stopped in 1865 and they imported about 15X's that the U.S. did.) Man's inhumanity to man has long long history covering all races and regions. We have a unique oppertunity to break the cycle and stop with the "racial score keeping" that is perpetuated by certian people who's living depends on furthering racial division. (look around you can see who these people are)We need to stop listening to the "race baitors" and start "judging people by the content of thier carechter". (your color does not give you a pass to act like jerk)

Excellent post!  

• Upvote 1

Just curious........

Soon there will be no "whites".....  blending is resulting in a majority of Americans becoming "other than white".

When that occurs, and "whites" are the minority,

will that mean they can then take advantage of all the benefits afforded them as such?

We are beginning to see reverse-discrimination more frequently, and people are beginning to speak out.

But will the laws in place protect them as well...? So far it doesn't look like it....

As a minority, will "whites" be able to take advantage of their new-found status to have an advantage over "other"?

Wonder how THAT'S going to work..... hmmmnnn...... <_<

And one of 'OlSarge'sGal's Irish ancestors WAS an indentured servant (read: SLAVE)...

so where is HER reparation check?  <_<

• Upvote 2

I actually appreciate MLK Day.......it's a nice day off between New Years and Good Friday.   :) 

***///

SHABS, are you a slacking malingerer...?   B)

or just still hung over from New Year's and need the additional recoup time? :partyhat:

or perhaps originally from some place that has more holidays than Iraq? :ph34r:

or do you use that Day to invest your time in doing something associated with "The Struggle"...? :mellow:

:wave:  :P

Such a good post... and so true... let me share a brief bit of history very few know about.

The "Trail of Tears" has long been a sad story used to fuel racism of one skin color against another.  The truth be told, when I lived in NC I did research and found out that the Moravian Brethren who worked closely with the Cherokee, learned of the coming atrocity, and several Moravian's joined them side by side on the trail.  Historical records even imply that some died with their Cherokee brothers and sisters along the way.  Why do I share that?   Long has the story been told of "the evil white man" who forced thousands of native souls on a forced trek where hundreds died.  This little tid bit changes the equation imo... it's no longer "the evil white man"... it's just "the evil, greedy men".  If one is willing to walk side by side and die with you (as the Moravian's did) then it's not the color of the skin that's evil... it the condition of the heart.  Evil hearts come in all colors... so what can we do about it?  Change our hearts... don't judge by the color on the outside... but what's on the inside.   It's a heart issue... not a color issue!!!

Last night as I came home from a trip to downtown, and in the pouring rain a young man pulled over to the side of the road with a flat tire.   I did what I always do... I went out and helped someone in need...I first asked him to pull in my driveway out of harms way from traffic, then I got my floor jack out, and helped changed the tire.  Did it matter that he was black and I am white?... not in the least... though I think I somewhat shocked him that I, a white guy would help him.  I did it because it was the right thing to do... I saw a fellow human being in need, not a different color.  Nuff said!!!  ;) 

Good post. As for the highlighted statement, I have to admit that it's sad that anyone would have to be shocked that someone of another race came to their aid. Hopefully in your case the guy wasn't shocked but very appreciative of what you did. Some may have read my post of when I assisted an elderly couple in an accident after they drove their semi-truck off the road into a ditch earlier this year. It was pitch black out and the temp was in the mid 20s. I didn't give a crap about the person's race just the fact that someone needed help badly and I was brave enough to pull over and help them. In my story I only shared that I helped someone. Never did I mention the couple's race. This past Monday, as I pulled into my condominiums, I noticed a female laying in the driveway, having a seizure and barely breathing. I drove up to her, called 911 and began comforting her and making sure that she didn't hurt herself as she was shaking quite violently. A few minutes later she gain consciousness and seemed okay. I posted on FaceBook what had happened. Not one time did I mentioned this person's race. WHY? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER!! In both cases, I got nothing but love and admiration for what I had did... from all different race of people. Those who know me, obviously, know that I am a black male. For those that respected what I did who didn't know I was black... well, now you know... LOL! My race doesn't make me a good or bad person. It damn sure doesn't make me a racist. The way I was raised by my mother (father wasn't around) and living my life in the most positive way I can, given all circumstances, makes me a good person. I just hope that the individuals who's lives I may have saved, wasn't shocked that a black man helped them but pleased that a good man helped them. By the way, the elderly couple and the female were white. Doesn't make me anymore of a good person now does it?

• Upvote 7

***///

SHABS, are you a slacking malingerer...?   B)

or just still hung over from New Year's and need the additional recoup time? :partyhat:

or perhaps originally from some place that has more holidays than Iraq? :ph34r:

or do you use that Day to invest your time in doing something associated with "The Struggle"...? :mellow:

:wave:  :P

MLK was a great American and a great humanitarian........nothing insipid about my post.  Who doesn't like a day off?   :shrug: 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3

MLK was a great American and a great humanitarian........nothing insipid about my post.  Who doesn't like a day off?   :shrug: 

GO RV, then BV

I'm thinkin' Sarge's gals were implying it was another day to chill and drink some beer  :rolleyes: .... hmmm... beer, now that sounds mighty fine on a hot day... oh... btw Shab's, you might just be proud of me.... my wife's been makin' home made wine for years.... and I just found out much of the same equipment for wine can be used to make beer... so now I'm into makin' my own brew... I'll try and keep ya posted how it turns out!!  :peace: 

Sorry folks.... not tryin' to hijack the post... it's just my A.D.D. kicked in!!!  :lol: 

Not one time did I mentioned this person's race. WHY? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER!! In both cases, I got nothing but love and admiration for what I had did... from all different race of people. 

Very good post ... and because of your heart... I'd be glad to call you "brother" anytime, anywhere!!!  Respect!!!  ;) 

• Upvote 3

***///

We agree, Reverend King was so much more than a great humanitarian. 

His bravery and resolute determination was gone too soon.

We all still had so much more to learn from him.

We just hoped you saw his Day as more than just some time off... ;)

Like 4th of July, when so many look to the festive aspect of Our Republic's Liberty in lieu

of reflecting on what it truly represents and how it might affect Our Republic today.

Example: instead of a BBQ and partying,

'OlSarge'sGals took his SprinterRV and made the rounds of many area cemeteries,

gardening tools in hand, and cleaned the headstones and

grave sights of our many fallen fellow Veterans.

We were on the road until yesterday.  We were hot, tired, bug-bit, attacked by poison ivy,

strangled and cut by kudzu vine -- miserable at times...

but we never thought for one minute that our mission wasn't worth it.

We were respecting and paying homage to those who fought for US on a Day set aside

for reflecting on what our Freedom means.

So next time, put yourself out there with some friends and volunteer at some organization

or museum, or church which still supports The Good Dr.'s struggle and make a difference

on that Day especially. ;)

:wave:  :D

• Upvote 3

I'm thinkin' Sarge's gals were implying it was another day to chill and drink some beer  :rolleyes: .... hmmm... beer, now that sounds mighty fine on a hot day... oh... btw Shab's, you might just be proud of me.... my wife's been makin' home made wine for years.... and I just found out much of the same equipment for wine can be used to make beer... so now I'm into makin' my own brew... I'll try and keep ya posted how it turns out!!  :peace: 

Sorry folks.... not tryin' to hijack the post... it's just my A.D.D. kicked in!!!  :lol: 

Very good post ... and because of your heart... I'd be glad to call you "brother" anytime, anywhere!!!  Respect!!!  ;) 

Sounds great buddy.....I look forward to tasting some of those sweet libations....post RV.  My pops is in the process of concocting some mulberry wine.   :D   I too apologize for being off topic......I love all races (except NASCAR)   :lol: 

GO RV, then BV

***///

So next time, put yourself out there with some friends and volunteer at some organization

or museum, or church which still supports The Good Dr.'s struggle and make a difference

on that Day especially. ;)

:wave:  :D

You all are truly some special ladies.  I did actually have a BBQ with my family....Mom, dad, brothers, all the kids and their kids.  It only happens once a year for us.  Then we pass the phone and snapchat (I think that's what it is called) with my Gunny nephew.  It's a special day and the meaning of it isn't lost on me.   :) 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

Sounds great buddy.....I look forward to tasting some of those sweet libations....post RV.  My pops is in the process of concocting some mulberry wine.   :D   I too apologize for being off topic......I love all races (except NASCAR)   :lol: 

GO RV, then BV

You all are truly some special ladies.  I did actually have a BBQ with my family....Mom, dad, brothers, all the kids and their kids.  It only happens once a year for us.  Then we pass the phone and snapchat (I think that's what it is called) with my Gunny nephew.  It's a special day and the meaning of it isn't lost on me.   :) 

GO RV, then BV

***///

Now you're talkin'...!  Good on ya, SHABS.....  :twothumbs:

"Remember The Day" is the order of The Day...!

(We just pictured you in your barka-lounger, in your wife-beater t-shirt, hoisting beers and

shoving ribs in yer pie-hole and hoped you had not lost the meaning of Dr. King's efforts.)

Carry on.... :tiphat:

How's about because there is no other race in history to oppress another race on such a great level than white people. We're white people forcibly taken from Africa in such degrading ways to be forced to be another human beings slave? Or how about the Indians? Did they completely wipe out clans at a time? Hm I don't think so

Yes Whites were slaves in the USA. Just because they don't teach it in school.

The Irish Slave Trade – The Forgotten “White” Slaves The Slaves That Time Forgot
131076.jpg

They came as slaves; vast human cargo transported on tall British ships bound for the Americas. They were shipped by the hundreds of thousands and included men, women, and even the youngest of children.

Whenever they rebelled or even disobeyed an order, they were punished in the harshest ways. Slave owners would hang their human property by their hands and set their hands or feet on fire as one form of punishment. They were burned alive and had their heads placed on pikes in the marketplace as a warning to other captives.

We don’t really need to go through all of the gory details, do we? We know all too well the atrocities of the African slave trade.

But, are we talking about African slavery? King James II and Charles I also led a continued effort to enslave the Irish. Britain’s famed Oliver Cromwell furthered this practice of dehumanizing one’s next door neighbor.

The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves.

Ireland quickly became the biggest source of human livestock for English merchants. The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white.

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland’s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain’s solution was to auction them off as well.

During the 1650s, over 100,000 Irish children between the ages of 10 and 14 were taken from their parents and sold as slaves in the West Indies, Virginia and New England. In this decade, 52,000 Irish (mostly women and children) were sold to Barbados and Virginia. Another 30,000 Irish men and women were also transported and sold to the highest bidder. In 1656, Cromwell ordered that 2000 Irish children be taken to Jamaica and sold as slaves to English settlers.

Many people today will avoid calling the Irish slaves what they truly were: Slaves. They’ll come up with terms like “Indentured Servants” to describe what occurred to the Irish. However, in most cases from the 17th and 18th centuries, Irish slaves were nothing more than human cattle.

As an example, the African slave trade was just beginning during this same period. It is well recorded that African slaves, not tainted with the stain of the hated Catholic theology and more expensive to purchase, were often treated far better than their Irish counterparts.

African slaves were very expensive during the late 1600s (50 Sterling). Irish slaves came cheap (no more than 5 Sterling). If a planter whipped or branded or beat an Irish slave to death, it was never a crime. A death was a monetary setback, but far cheaper than killing a more expensive African. The English masters quickly began breeding the Irish women for both their own personal pleasure and for greater profit. Children of slaves were themselves slaves, which increased the size of the master’s free workforce. Even if an Irish woman somehow obtained her freedom, her kids would remain slaves of her master. Thus, Irish moms, even with this new found emancipation, would seldom abandon their kids and would remain in servitude.

In time, the English thought of a better way to use these women (in many cases, girls as young as 12) to increase their market share: The settlers began to breed Irish women and girls with African men to produce slaves with a distinct complexion. These new “mulatto” slaves brought a higher price than Irish livestock and, likewise, enabled the settlers to save money rather than purchase new African slaves. This practice of interbreeding Irish females with African men went on for several decades and was so widespread that, in 1681, legislation was passed “forbidding the practice of mating Irish slave women to African slave men for the purpose of producing slaves for sale.” In short, it was stopped only because it interfered with the profits of a large slave transport company.

England continued to ship tens of thousands of Irish slaves for more than a century. Records state that, after the 1798 Irish Rebellion, thousands of Irish slaves were sold to both America and Australia. There were horrible abuses of both African and Irish captives. One British ship even dumped 1,302 slaves into the Atlantic Ocean so that the crew would have plenty of food to eat.

There is little question that the Irish experienced the horrors of slavery as much (if not more in the 17th Century) as the Africans did. There is, also, very little question that those brown, tanned faces you witness in your travels to the West Indies are very likely a combination of African and Irish ancestry. In 1839, Britain finally decided on it’s own to end it’s participation in Satan’s highway to hell and stopped transporting slaves. While their decision did not stop pirates from doing what they desired, the new law slowly concluded THIS chapter of nightmarish Irish misery.

But, if anyone, black or white, believes that slavery was only an African experience, then they’ve got it completely wrong.

Irish slavery is a subject worth remembering, not erasing from our memories.

But, where are our public (and PRIVATE) schools???? Where are the history books? Why is it so seldom discussed?

Do the memories of hundreds of thousands of Irish victims merit more than a mention from an unknown writer?

Or is their story to be one that their English pirates intended: To (unlike the African book) have the Irish story utterly and completely disappear as if it never happened.

None of the Irish victims ever made it back to their homeland to describe their ordeal. These are the lost slaves; the ones that time and biased history books conveniently forgot.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I just love modern revisionism.  People who want to say that there has never in history been anything as evil as the slavery of the South have no idea of history.  Read up on the Vandals, Hannibal,  Caesar against the Christians, American government versus the American Indian, and these are just for starters.  My heritage is made up of slaves and slave owners.  Read the REAL history of the south.  You will find that not all slave owners were the evil owners who beat and raped their slaves.  After the Emancipation Proclamation, there were many slaves who did not want to leave their owners because their owners took care of their slaves.  Not all slaves were running amok now that they were freed and were singing in the streets.  I am of Indian heritage of the Powhatan, Cherokee and Shawnee tribes.  The Powhatan people are basically extinct.  I do not think the government ever passed small pox infected blankets to the slaves just to wipe them out.  If you want to whine about how bad the slaves were treated then you must never look to the Civil War as anything other than pure evil since the Civil War, in many minds was fought to protect and free the slaves.  I do not recall a Trail of Tears where the government marched the slaves from one location to another allowing them to die along the way.  Now let us move on to another group of people and that would be the Jews.  I do not recall the slaves being marched into gas chambers and killed by the millions....and do NOT even begin to say that the Holocaust never happened because I had an uncle who was in the Nazi camps in the US liberation movements.  One reason why the Jews have done what they have accomplished is because they do not sit and whine about past treatment.  Also if history is going to be real about black slavery it was other Africans who were selling Africans.  It was not the popular idea that whites were going over to African and loading people up by kidnapping the Africans.  Personally I am tired of having it forced down my throat as to how bad the blacks have had it in America.  I am tired of watching the cries for justice only when justice is meaning that the government and laws are in favor of the blacks.  I am tired of a Black Caucus when a White Caucus would be seen as awful.  I am tired of Black universities when white or Asian universities would be seen as racists.  I am tired of Black history month when there is no Asian History month especially when Asian medicine has been influencing mankind for centuries.  I am tired of having to prove my Indian heritage through birth and death certificates when no other race or group of people must prove their line.  Now if people want to call me a racist go right ahead but in reality I am my own UN meeting!   

• Upvote 8

Apparently Ca Ca has not read his history......he would know whites are considered racist because....

They enslaved millions of blacks

The killed millions of their fellow countrymen to keep those slaves in the Civil War

Then killed more blacks in the KKK after they lost the war

They killed millions of Native Americans and stole their lands

They called Indian females "squaws" which means "c__t"

They came up with the idea to take scalps - not Indians

They killed off and drove off Mexicans from their lands in California and New Mexico

They still hate and fear people with different skin

They live by the gun, but claim God is on their side

They portray Jesus with blue eyes and fair skin - but he was born in the ME

They have spread an economic empire overseas, killing millions in poor countries

(Phillipines 1900, Cuba 1900, Chile 1955, Iran 1956....on and on in more than 30 countries)

They have been over 40 wars since WWI

They still use the "N" word

They tried to stop blacks from voting, and still do

They used to measure heads to prove blacks are not intelligent (phrenology)

Ca Ca - This is why they are angry at us, and why we cannot act like this any more, and why they get "special treatment" now - get it?

Gee.....I've run out of time. Got to go to bed.

They is not me, or us. Get over it. Take a look at your own ethnic back ground and I am sure you will find major issues. Live and learn, we are all learning. Can you think of anything positive European Americans have done, if not maybe your a racist only see the negative side of people, and can never move forward due to being stuck in the past.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Lame55 you have no clue, do ya.

It was blacks that enslaved and sold the blacks from Africa

Not even a measurable percentage of white population in the KKK

no point in going on, your statements are invalid.

Thank you, slavery is still rampant in Africa today as we speak, and its not white tribes invading the villages and stealing their young men and children.

I just love modern revisionism.  People who want to say that there has never in history been anything as evil as the slavery of the South have no idea of history.  Read up on the Vandals, Hannibal,  Caesar against the Christians, American government versus the American Indian, and these are just for starters.  My heritage is made up of slaves and slave owners.  Read the REAL history of the south.  You will find that not all slave owners were the evil owners who beat and raped their slaves.  After the Emancipation Proclamation, there were many slaves who did not want to leave their owners because their owners took care of their slaves.  Not all slaves were running amok now that they were freed and were singing in the streets.  I am of Indian heritage of the Powhatan, Cherokee and Shawnee tribes.  The Powhatan people are basically extinct.  I do not think the government ever passed small pox infected blankets to the slaves just to wipe them out.  If you want to whine about how bad the slaves were treated then you must never look to the Civil War as anything other than pure evil since the Civil War, in many minds was fought to protect and free the slaves.  I do not recall a Trail of Tears where the government marched the slaves from one location to another allowing them to die along the way.  Now let us move on to another group of people and that would be the Jews.  I do not recall the slaves being marched into gas chambers and killed by the millions....and do NOT even begin to say that the Holocaust never happened because I had an uncle who was in the Nazi camps in the US liberation movements.  One reason why the Jews have done what they have accomplished is because they do not sit and whine about past treatment.  Also if history is going to be real about black slavery it was other Africans who were selling Africans.  It was not the popular idea that whites were going over to African and loading people up by kidnapping the Africans.  Personally I am tired of having it forced down my throat as to how bad the blacks have had it in America.  I am tired of watching the cries for justice only when justice is meaning that the government and laws are in favor of the blacks.  I am tired of a Black Caucus when a White Caucus would be seen as awful.  I am tired of Black universities when white or Asian universities would be seen as racists.  I am tired of Black history month when there is no Asian History month especially when Asian medicine has been influencing mankind for centuries.  I am tired of having to prove my Indian heritage through birth and death certificates when no other race or group of people must prove their line.  Now if people want to call me a racist go right ahead but in reality I am my own UN meeting!   

:woot::bow::bravo:

Thank you, slavery is still rampant in Africa today as we speak, and its not white tribes invading the villages and stealing their young men and children.

***///

Quite true....

and the slavery right here in the US is also rampant and

the slavers are usually people from their own countries.

We personally know of Panamanians, Nicaraguans, Mexicans who were forced to go

motel to motel in vans as "maids" and "cleaners".... they got paid nothing as their "bosses"

said they had to be re-paid for bringing them here.

They are sexually abused, harassed, and even beaten, their meager possessions stolen,

their papers, documents and passports taken by their "masters" so they believe they cannot run away.

Most of the motels who "use" these types of laborers are owned by people from other countries,

especially India and Pakistan.

We took one young lady who escaped to the Panamanian Embassy and they said they did not

want to get involved.

We reported it to ICE, never heard anything after that....

We finally turned her over to the Church of Latter Days Saints and they helped her get back home.

Minorities in this Republic have been afforded every advantage for several generations now and many

have done little else than USE the system to their advantage and failed to rise above, becoming regular

riders of the dependent victim train instead of the Freedom Train.

Perhaps they should remember their own forefathers' struggle and relinquish

their "special treatment" now to those who need it NOW.

• Upvote 1

We just pictured you in your barka-lounger, in your wife-beater t-shirt, hoisting beers and

shoving ribs in yer pie-hole and hoped you had not lost the meaning of Dr. King's efforts.

I could not have said it any better my self! :lol:

Love ya

Come on RV

• Upvote 1