Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Central Governor "Obelisk": we have the largest gold stocks foreign currency

TBomb

The Central Governor "Obelisk": we have the largest gold stocks foreign currency
7/3/2013 1:30:22 PM 
Baghdad/Obelisk: uncover the Iraqi Central Bank Governor/AFP Abdel Basset Turki, Wednesday, the Iraq stock of gold is greater than the balance of foreign currency, transfer a group of corrupt files in the Central Bank, adding that the exit from Chapter VII will allow us the freedom to act more flexibly, stating that the project raise zeros from the currency has been postponed for the time being.

Turkish said in an interview with "the Obelisk" of Karbala that "Iraq has stocks of gold is greater than the balance of foreign exchange and gold reserve is managed by the Iraqi Central Bank and deposited in the Bank for international settlements as an agent of the Central Bank", stating that "Iraq is now safe owner even before out of Chapter VII and the gold in question constitutes 10% of the Treasury reserve components of the Central Bank and President reserve consists of foreign currency is used to determine the foreign exchange rate and ours until May last 76 billion dollars in hard currency.

"It was a group of corrupt files in the Central Bank and have been accused of some officials about this corruption has issued some provisions in the first case, some managers have been bringing issues of private banks."

Turkish "denied the existence of frozen funds outside the control of the Iraqi administration," frozen funds being diverted to tout UN resolution either before or after the chapter VII to a fund managed by the Central Bank of Iraq ".

Turki said that "out of Chapter VII will allow us the freedom to act more flexibly add to create an atmosphere to attract foreign investment," he said, adding that "the great importance is the complete sovereignty of Iraq because being situated under the provisions of Chapter VII offered strong international intervention in some decisions on Iraq," and that "Iraq out of Chapter VII-VI means the possibility to solve the problems bilaterally with States without international intervention, an important step in Iraq."

He revealed that "the financial statements did not send to the Central Bank, despite our call out where our bills up to 30/6 and we didn't until now."

He said that "the relationship between currency and issued on the basis of the content of gold disappeared since 1971 and is the value of a currency depends on foundations are the strength of the economy and the ability to maneuver through the presence of foreign currencies can pumped into the market."

The "budget" is heading to Iraq expressing confidence through watching the accounts to the Treasury coffers and rounded and matte letter regarding income sufficient to implement the budget even if 100% exhausted. "

And for laundering Turkish said it sentenced two accused of money laundering and there are still four people accused of directly and have begun checking transactions since we receive important Central Bank promised to old transaction that we believe a problem where we have discovered a key observations, send for us directors Commissioners and officials of banks and we debated them in these observations, we forwarded to the judiciary did not believe their arguments ".

Turkish revealed on "the postponement of the project raise zeros from the currency and the value of the Iraqi dinar Maint for more force because we passed the bottleneck."

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.almasalah.com%2Far%2FPrintNewspage.aspx%3Fnewsid%3D13623

I hope the good people here at DV will forgive me if I post a duplicate article, as I always run searches for articles before I post them, and I'm sorry to say it, but either it's my inability to correctly navigate DV's search engine, or the search engine is not the best in the world, SO...if I happen to post an article that's already posted, do, please forgive me? 

• Upvote 5

This is why I stay in this adventure. Large oil deposits. Lots of gold. Currency reserves. So how come their currency is valued at what it is? Riddle me that

Edited by Elixirbaby
  • Upvote 1

Well...they are stating that they are postponing the lifting of the zeros...which I believe is ..in short...the RV/RI..and I've always thought that when they say that they aren't going to do it..or they are postponing it, is exactly when they will turn around and let it fly!! JMHO!! God Bless!!

• Upvote 2

soooo.....their foreign reserves (80 billion dollar) is just a fraction compared to their gold deposits. Add this news to the recent news where they said that gold will support the value of IQD.....and we can now expect the unexpected  :backflip:

And guess where CBI is keeping their gold ==> at the Central Bank for Central Banks of the world (BIS). A body/institution that can easily validate their gold amount when they change the value of their currency. 

• Upvote 2

I think Lady Grace's Daddy got it right when he said "bragging rights".  I had never concentrated on financial news at all until I got involved with the Iraqi dinar, but it seems as if there are an awful lot of news articles coming out of Iraq concerning how much money the CBI has.  Does the Fed brag about what we have?  My guess is probably not.  Perhaps all these statements from Turki and even Shabbibi, have been for the benefit of the Iraqi people only.  They feel they need to brag a little to keep the electorate engaged and positive about the process.  Exact numbers really don't matter and probably should not be believed.  Could we perhaps be looking at this with a too Westernized perspective?   

• Upvote 1

there were some articles awhile back that said they had reduced their gold supply. so now they say we have a lot of gold, more than our hard currency in the cbi. whats true and what's not true with these people. who knows ?

old timer

This is why I stay in this adventure. Large oil deposits. Lots of gold. Currency reserves. So how come their currency is valued at what it is? Riddle me that

I must give it a try !    ----------->  LOT `o` gold , we do have  -----  lot `o` cash we do hold-----  dinar we make , worth not much more! -----  UNTIL  the day we see more , --------->dinar worth thrice, If not more -------------> double my pay! triple my worth!!!  COME one,---- COME all---- CASH in those from afar,  1 too 1 --- 2 too 1 ---- 3 too 1---   once more ------- we in Iraq -----ARE STRONG ONCE MORE    BAMMMMMM   I think I did alright   :peace:    now make it so , so no one will toll , that all those who told ---- dinar will not hold :  { please stop me I`m on a roll }  :D

• Upvote 2

I must give it a try !    ----------->  LOT `o` gold , we do have  -----  lot `o` cash we do hold-----  dinar we make , worth not much more! -----  UNTIL  the day we see more , --------->dinar worth thrice, If not more -------------> double my pay! triple my worth!!!  COME one,---- COME all---- CASH in those from afar,  1 too 1 --- 2 too 1 ---- 3 too 1---   once more ------- we in Iraq -----ARE STRONG ONCE MORE    BAMMMMMM   I think I did alright   :peace:    now make it so , so no one will toll , that all those who told ---- dinar will not hold :  { please stop me I`m on a roll }  :D

Bang Bang, ya got that one rite jeepguy,

I must give it a try ! -----------> LOT `o` gold , we do have ----- lot `o` cash we do hold----- dinar we make , worth not much more! ----- UNTIL the day we see more , --------->dinar worth thrice, If not more -------------> double my pay! triple my worth!!! COME one,---- COME all---- CASH in those from afar, 1 too 1 --- 2 too 1 ---- 3 too 1--- once more ------- we in Iraq -----ARE STRONG ONCE MORE BAMMMMMM I think I did alright :peace: now make it so , so no one will toll , that all those who told ---- dinar will not hold : { please stop me I`m on a roll } :D

Very nice

Always love your posts. Good question.

I think the short answer is it has been under UN sanctions. Now it is not.

Now they could gain by revaluing as they pay off debt and creditors. Even an RI is not out of the question. 

They are also using the dollar and tragically, they could continue to do that.

I haven't seen arguments that are strong enough to prove they will be "proud" and reinstate their currency values.

Yet again, they need to regain the wealth that was lost due to war. (some dispute this notion also)

I think it is necessary, that reinstatement. Therefore they will revalue if you accept this premise, but the course of it may entail our cashing out at a dime or quarter, then going much higher. Doubt they would reinstate in one fell swoop.

Rambling here a bit - why haven't they revalued? They don't have to. They have a working currency. (Damn)

Go RV!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Always love your posts. Good question.

I think the short answer is it has been under UN sanctions. Now it is not.

Now they could gain by revaluing as they pay off debt and creditors. Even an RI is not out of the question. 

They are also using the dollar and tragically, they could continue to do that.

I haven't seen arguments that are strong enough to prove they will be "proud" and reinstate their currency values.

Yet again, they need to regain the wealth that was lost due to war. (some dispute this notion also)

I think it is necessary, that reinstatement. Therefore they will revalue if you accept this premise, but the course of it may entail our cashing out at a dime or quarter, then going much higher. Doubt they would reinstate in one fell swoop.

Rambling here a bit - why haven't they revalued? They don't have to. They have a working currency. (Damn)

Go RV!

Indeed they don't.  However still complaints arise the CBI is not doing enough to bring the dinar up against the dollar.  I think all of the articles about how much gold they hold, how much they have in reserves is PR stating we got it covered and it is going to get better.

The auctions may be holding the structure they know but eventually they are going to have to take the dip in the water and let go of the auctions.  It could be the QI card implementation and all things electronic have not yet been given the green light due to structure.  Not to mention the loose ends via banks on line and so forth.  They may be almost there, I see signs they are.