Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament delays voting session on the budget to Thursday

ronscarpa

Parliament delays voting session on the budget to Thursday

Tuesday, 19 February 2013 @ 14:26 - Shafaaq News

Shafaq News / The Presidency of the parliament delayed on Tuesday, today's session, which was scheduled to vote on the federal budget.

The source, who asked not to be identified, told "Shafaq News" that "the Presidency of the parliament delayed today’s session, which was scheduled to be allocated to vote on the federal budget next Thursday."

"The reason for delaying the session was the lack of a quorum, as well as continuing differences and the lack of agreement among the political blocs on the federal budget."

The Iraqi parliament announced on 11 of current February, the continual of its committees on its work in the presence of members to approve the current year’s budget.

The Presidency of the parliament on 11 of current February decided to delay its scheduled session to vote on the budget to an unknown date and conditioned holding it on completing the budget amendments.

Shafaaq News Link

• Upvote 1

On a serious note. If it is true that the stand by agreement will not be re-newed and runs out on the 23rd and after 10 years they still can not pull it together. Then they deserve to fail and sprial into chaos.. They have draged this out and beat a dead horse for so long they get exactly what they deserve...

• Upvote 3

Here is an article suggesting that the blocs have now agreed and all will be ready for a vote on Thursday. Fingers crossed.

Urgent….2013 federal budget now prepared for vote, says MP
Added by Baghdad Iraq on February 19, 2013.
Saved under Baghdad Politics

urgent-01-federal-budget-now-prepared-fo

Baghdad
(IraqiNews.com) -Member of the parliament Finance Committee, MP Majida
al-Timimi, announced that “The political blocs agreed during meeting on
Tuesday to settle the controversial points between the Kurdistani
Alliance and the Iraqiya Slate over the 2013 federal budget where all
their demands were answered.”

Timimi added in a statement received
by IraqiNews.com “The Federal Budget now is prepared for vote during
the parliament’s regular session of next Thursday.”

• Upvote 3

Here's another article about the continuing budget negotiations--

Nijaifi discusses federal budget’s pending issues with parliament blocs’ heads
Added by Baghdad Iraq on February 19, 2013.
Saved under Baghdad Politics

nijaifi-discusses-federal-budget-s-pendi

Baghdad
(IraqiNews.com) -The Speaker of the Iraqi Parliament, Osama al-Niajifi
held on Tuesday meeting with the heads of the parliament blocs to
discuss the pending issues about the federal budget of 2013.

The
media office of Nijaifi cited in a statement “A meeting was held on
Tuesday in presence of the two Deputies of Najaifi and the heads of the
parliament blocs where they conferred about the controversial points
related to 2013 budget.”

The Speaker stressed “The significance of
approving the federal budget for it considerably concerns the lives of
people,” the statement added.

“The conferees agreed on continuing
the negotiations to prevent delaying the vote on the federal budget
anymore,” the statement concluded.

• Upvote 1

On a serious note. If it is true that the stand by agreement will not be re-newed and runs out on the 23rd and after 10 years they still can not pull it together. Then they deserve to fail and sprial into chaos.. They have draged this out and beat a dead horse for so long they get exactly what they deserve...

Just to clarify........ What your saying is you “seriously” believe “they deserve to fail and spiral into chaos” at present because they need to be on your time frame to get this done so you can cash in. The thought of them trying to work out issues of becoming a democratic nation after being under the leadership of a dictator and living in poverty has no matter to you. Therefore “they get exactly what they deserve”. They do not deserve to live a life as you do now? Your life now is what they are shooting for and they have one chance to get it right! Sure most of what we see is corupt politicians and greed, but the laws we see getting passed and things happening will someday help all of Iraq. Just food for thought and I like you have expressed my 2 cents!

• Upvote 1

Just to clarify........ What your saying is you “seriously” believe “they deserve to fail and spiral into chaos” at present because they need to be on your time frame to get this done so you can cash in. The thought of them trying to work out issues of becoming a democratic nation after being under the leadership of a dictator and living in poverty has no matter to you. Therefore “they get exactly what they deserve”. They do not deserve to live a life as you do now? Your life now is what they are shooting for and they have one chance to get it right! Sure most of what we see is corupt politicians and greed, but the laws we see getting passed and things happening will someday help all of Iraq. Just food for thought and I like you have expressed my 2 cents!

No Gamaray your clairifacation is completely wrong and out of line. You sir are assuming things you should not assume. I sincerely hope you are not trying to twist things around or put words in my mouth I never said or intended to say just so you can voice your personal agenda or, making such statements because you have nothing better to do than start an argument for you own personal ammusement......  This has nothing to do with my so called cash in. When stating "they"  get exactly what they deserve is in reference to the  leaders of Iraq. The statement made by me is in reference to the lack of leadership childish nonsense and refusal to show up an vote and basicly refusing to do their job. When they (the leaders of Iraq) are more concerned about being corupt and greedy then they are about taking care of the country and getting the country moving forward. YES THEY DESERVE TO FAIL!  Let me say it again Yes they(the leaders of Iraq) deserve to fail. The people of Iraq the citizens who are living in poverty who are living in filth who are living with out health care who are starving do not deserve to be lead by liars cheats and theives. The people of Iraq deserve better leadership.

When leaders of a country have 10 years to accomplish a goal and can not get that goal accomplished due to childish nonsense, coruption and. a laundry list of other illegal acts,then the leaders should get what they deserve. Let us not forget the leaders of Iraq are not living in poverty they are not wanting for anything. They just want what is best for their pocket not the citizens of Iraq,

Please also let me remind you that the IMF wants to use Iraq as a "Donor Country and help prop up banks through out the EU" as quoted in some older articles. This is about getting a global economy moving forward. Not my cash in. If this leadership of Iraq can not get the job done they need to be removed and replaced with people who can PERIOD! that is what my statement was about.

• Upvote 8

Frustrating bunch of people. Every week, it is the same thing, vote on it on Tuesday, and postpone until Thursday, just to postpone to next week, and merry-go-round, continues to spin.

I can wait until whenever, but gosh....these people are rediculous! No way to run a country!

Like the buzzards circling over the carcus....we wait!!!

Go RV or RI !!!

• Upvote 1

I remember from history when the Parliament of England was doing about the same thing that the Iraqi Parliament is doing right now. However England had Oliver Cromwell who threw out the members of Parliament and ran the government himself. Maybe this is what will eventually happen to Iraq. If they continue as they are, they may end up with another "Sadam" in power. Then NOBODY wins.

"I'll Gladly Pay You Tuesday For A Budget Today". Apologies to Wimpy in the Popeye cartoons. 

"The reason for delaying the session was the lack of a quorum, as well as continuing differences and the lack of agreement among the political blocs"

Quiz, is this a line from:

A. an article on the 2012 Budget

B. an article on the 2013 Budget

C. All of the above

D Every article explaining all delays involving Iragi goverment,including their constipation....

Edited by nemesis760
  • Upvote 1

I agree. The GOI has had plenty of time and the support of American taxpayers to get it together. Iraq trades with our currency. How long can that continue? I would think that the GOI would prefer their own currency over the currency of the infidels.

• Upvote 1

No Gamaray your clairifacation is completely wrong and out of line. You sir are assuming things you should not assume. I sincerely hope you are not trying to twist things around or put words in my mouth I never said or intended to say just so you can voice your personal agenda or, making such statements because you have nothing better to do than start an argument for you own personal ammusement......  This has nothing to do with my so called cash in. When stating "they"  get exactly what they deserve is in reference to the  leaders of Iraq. The statement made by me is in reference to the lack of leadership childish nonsense and refusal to show up an vote and basicly refusing to do their job. When they (the leaders of Iraq) are more concerned about being corupt and greedy then they are about taking care of the country and getting the country moving forward. YES THEY DESERVE TO FAIL!  Let me say it again Yes they(the leaders of Iraq) deserve to fail. The people of Iraq the citizens who are living in poverty who are living in filth who are living with out health care who are starving do not deserve to be lead by liars cheats and theives. The people of Iraq deserve better leadership.

When leaders of a country have 10 years to accomplish a goal and can not get that goal accomplished due to childish nonsense, coruption and. a laundry list of other illegal acts,then the leaders should get what they deserve. Let us not forget the leaders of Iraq are not living in poverty they are not wanting for anything. They just want what is best for their pocket not the citizens of Iraq,

Please also let me remind you that the IMF wants to use Iraq as a "Donor Country and help prop up banks through out the EU" as quoted in some older articles. This is about getting a global economy moving forward. Not my cash in. If this leadership of Iraq can not get the job done they need to be removed and replaced with people who can PERIOD! that is what my statement was about.

"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. - Elbert Hubbard"         smiley-emoticon-769-3d%20icons-emoticon.

Have a great evening!