Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayer request

KiaKaha

Apparently I can no longer ice skate... Took 2 steps off my front porch, hit an ice patch that I thought was just water & fell hard. I broke my tibia, fibula & ankle bone. It's splinted for now, until the swelling goes down, then next week I'll have surgery to put pins in to fix it. It's not the smartest thing I've ever done! I told hubby I was tired of him getting all the attention around here!

Hubby has been dealing with lots of his own health issues, most recently a possibility that he has ulcerative colitis. He's having scopes done Wednesday to see if that's the problem.

Please remember us both in your prayers... I've been caring for him for 7 months, now he has to care for us both. Gonna be a rough time for us.

Thanks, my friends, and may God bless each of you & your families with the help He knows you need.

Hugs

KK

MADD for Heather

• Upvote 7

Apparently I can no longer ice skate... Took 2 steps off my front porch, hit an ice patch that I thought was just water & fell hard. I broke my tibia, fibula & ankle bone. It's splinted for now, until the swelling goes down, then next week I'll have surgery to put pins in to fix it. It's not the smartest thing I've ever done! I told hubby I was tired of him getting all the attention around here!

Hubby has been dealing with lots of his own health issues, most recently a possibility that he has ulcerative colitis. He's having scopes done Wednesday to see if that's the problem.

Please remember us both in your prayers... I've been caring for him for 7 months, now he has to care for us both. Gonna be a rough time for us.

Thanks, my friends, and may God bless each of you & your families with the help He knows you need.

Hugs

KK

MADD for Heather

Consider it done. Praying for you both. God bless.

RSS

• Upvote 1

sorry to hear. I hope you get well soon. As for healing your bones, I recommend you start taking a LOT of magnesium. About 1,000mg (acidic form if possible) or transdermally (applied as an oil thru the skin). Dont know if you can get it, but there is a Chinese plaster called "3 Yellows paste" its in the US. The doc I get it from is an orthopedic surgeon (Dr. Hou in Winter Park, FLA). I have used it with my patients for simple (non-compound fractures) with nearly 100% success rate. Crazy as it sound, I fixed a ladies broken arm in SIX (yes, 6) DAYS. Couldnt move it, X-ray showed a fracture. After 2 applications, she was good to go in 6 days (each plaster remains on the break for 3 days). Only a sling to keep it in place. Something to consider.

For your hubby, he needs to STOP EATING all grains. Anything from a grain must be avoided. Usually, this will clear-up the condition rather quickly. Of course, probiotics, aloe vera, marshmellow root, licorice, etc will help as will OZONE (in his case, probably rectally). Ozone will help you also-direct, subq injections over the damaged area. Stings a bit, but I have seen it work wonders also. Safe (under the guidance of someone trained in it) and effective.

Hope this info helps

Cheers and get well soon. Just saying.....

• Upvote 3

Consider it done. Praying for you both. God bless.

RSS

Thanks, RSS

Hope this info helps

Thanks so much, expat! I'll send hubby or kkid to Walmart for mag tomorrow. Not sure if the other stuff is available in my area, but he has to go to Great Earth health food store for alkaline water or drops in the next day or so, I'll have him check. You're awesome!

Btw, any wild guesses how long I'll be out of comission? I'm guessing 6 weeks minimum.

KK

MADD for Heather

Thanks, Stumpy!

KK

MADD for Heather

• Upvote 1

Normally, it takes 6-8 weeks, but everyone is different. all depends upon your healing ability. You can get transdermal Mg online from some discount vitamin-sellor. Its all the same. I buy the cheapest stuff. dont apply to any open wound-burn like hell!

Happy to help. Slow at the hopsital today, so I am checking for the RV!! hahahaahaha

• Upvote 2

forgot to mention something: 1. Get some BONES from the local butcher. Cook the bones (broken-beef or pig are the best) and make a "bone soup". This means cooking slow for 2-3 hours. Make enough to last a few days at a time. Drink DAILY as much as you want. Just add the stock to add to everything else you want to eat also (like other soups, etc-makes em taste much better). 2. DONT take calcium. It wont help your bones and if you cant digest it properly, it will probably end-up in your arteries or someplace, but not your bones. 3. Since you live in the northern regions (ice-glad somebody likes the cold), you need to take some Vitamin D 3 ( NOT the Cheap D 2 crap). Take about 10,000 IU daily while recovering. Studies show serum increases in calcium levels with Vit D, HOWEVER, dont take it forever, as you will start pulling calcium from your tissues (and bone, my friend is a tissue). 4. Recovery will be influenced by your hormones (estrogen to progesteron ratios), so if you have an imbalance in that area, might consider getting on some BIO-IDENTICAL hormones (NOT the synethic junk other docs try to pass-off as "Well, works the same..." What a load that is!!). Dont take any hormones without a blood test, so you know where you are at and follow your symptoms (Google the symptoms/signs of decif in either). Better you work with someone who is functionally medicine-minded or a naturopathic doc. Hope it helps. Still slow at the hopsital and I've got duty! Here's to your speedy recovery.

• Upvote 1

And the good news is ... having those pins used to put the pieces back together does not, at least in my experience, hurt. Well, once it is all healed. It hurts a little after surgery but after a day or two of pain pills I was just taking Tylenol. It took about ten years before they started causing me what my doctor refers to as "weather elbow" which is when the joint starts reacting to cold and/or wet weather rather like arthritis. Oh, yes, it was my arm that had to be put back together, not my ankle and leg. I had a fall in the hospital of all places, the day before I was to be discharged. Well, the night actually. And when I went down and smacked the floor I watched as my arm, with all the breaks and unhinged elbow, went into spasm and was jumping up and down and in my confusion I thought it was the floor that was moving up and down. Thought earthquake and started yelling. There are about five nursed who will never forget the night I fell on their watch. Don't know how many patients woke up to hear a raving lunatic hollering the hospital walls down, but once they got to me I was quiet.

Anyway, I hope the surgery goes well, and that your orthopedic surgeon can give you good news about when you can go home. In your case I imagine he will have to make sure you get physiotherapy you can handle at home after the hospital. But you can handle it ... after all you have the faith to ask for prayer. Faith, and those prayers, works miracles. I'll be praying for one of those for you, and your husband.

Take care, and don't try ice skating any more ... it just isn't your sport!

:)

smee2

Edited by smee2
  • Upvote 2

I am so sorry to hear your news. I've taken a few falls this winter too but thankfully no broken bones, just a bruised ego. I keep telling myself that it doesn't matter if it's frozen or not, Jesus is still the only one that can walk on water. LOL. You two are in my prayers. Best of luck for a speedy recovery.

• Upvote 3

So sorry KK, I'll be praying for you both... Let us know before you go into surgery.. my son had plates and pins put in his arm last September and was only casted for a month, hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery!!

So sorry KK, I'll be praying for you both... Let us know before you go into surgery.. my son had plates and pins put in his arm last September and was only casted for a month, hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery!!

• Upvote 2

Sure do hate to hear when one of the "good ones" is down - Part of the world is affected when one of our Human Angles are out of commission - Get well quick

I live alone - very independent - do everything around the house - climbed too high in the garage on unsafe means and I went down - fractured wrist - did not go to doctor until the next day and xray did not show fracture -

I was kinda half way massaging within a day or two but with some limitations - received a few acupuncture treatments and then went back to doc in 2 weeks and xray showed the fracture

It was my right hand and boy did that create some limitations getting dressed ha ha ha

Lots of pain but when you are alone - no insurance etc you just keep on - I was lucky for it to be as minor as it was -

You are lucky to have a companion to help you out - I will be praying - giving thanks for your healing in advance - You are special <3 <3 <3

• Upvote 3