Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Budget law canceled from today’s parliament session

djgabrielie

Breaking News…Budget law canceled from today’s parliament session

Thursday, 07 February 2013 11:32

Shafaq News / MP of al- Iraqiya List, Haider al-Mulla revealed on Thursday, cancelling the budget law from the agenda of the parliament session scheduled to take place today , noting that the list will not attend this session.

Haidar al-Mulla said in an interview with "Shafaq News", that " the budget law was canceled from the agenda of the parliament session to be held today," adding that "al- Iraqiya List will not participate in this session as they have decided not to attend any sessions that lack the demands of the demonstrators and withdraw confidence from the current government. "

Mulla explained that "the budget law is still in the process of debate and discussion and some of the political blocs have demands seeking to insert them which led to cancel the law from the session."

The Finance Committee in the parliament announced on Tuesday that the current budget of 2013 will be ready for voting during the next 48 hours, indicating that a financial grant will be given for retirees of an amount of one million and two hundred thousand dinars.

The parliamentary Finance Committee said earlier that the current political problems have caused delaying the approval of the current general budget.

Article link

Housewife in the Know, Steve, Ray and OCRUSH go up in flames in the rumor mill.

Most every entry on Dinar Recaps are bogus.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I saw where Najafi didn't want to tell it was postponed, and then where it is postponed till Saturday. To me it don't matter. They will need the money to take care of some projects and pay folks. But as for looking for the budget. Nah, I am looking for political stability. Nothing like wanting to find a needle in a haystack huh? tongue.gif

• Upvote 1

Saturday! Then next Tuesday! Then the next Sunday! These clowns (no offense to our own) couldn't agree on how many humps a camel has if their lives depended on it. Of course, most of parliament members are wealthy, so no concerns for the poor working Iraqi folk. Now where is that Don Ward guy??? :)

http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28099:breaking-news--parliament-lifts-its-session&catid=35:political&Itemid=2

• Upvote 4

First the budget is being voted on this morning. Then postponed till 48 hours from now. Then it's postponed because blocks can't agree on their fair share. Then a special behind the doors meeting of the head of the blocks to agree on the details of the budget to be voted on. Then vote on the budget postponed until twelve noon or two o'clock and then its to be voted on in this evenings Parliament season. Oh and I forgot that my brain's about to explode with confusion so don't pay attention to what I'm about to say, "SMOKE AND MIRORS" at least that's. JMHO :lol:

• Upvote 2

From another source...141 Parliamentary members were no shows. The remaining Maliki supporters walked out.

It is cristal clear Maliki does not want to move the country forward.

and some of this Zuhair al-Araji: Iraq trying to pass a general amnesty law for the vote on the budget

0dd867f894595f3db6059bf6fb937b04_M.jpg

The MP said the Iraqi Free Zuhair al-Araji said the Iraqi List, trying to pass a general amnesty law for public vote on the budget during a parliament session today

Araji said in a statement to the Iraqi Baghdadi News that want to reconsider the issue of convicts anti-terrorism law since the year two thousand and four and even today, noting that the reconsideration in the trial of detainees is not permissible in international law and Iraqi. He ruled Araji vote on the budget during today's session because of political bargaining between the blocks.

• Upvote 1

Adam said Yesterday that it wouldn't be till next week in chat!!!

parliamentary blocs to agree on a final version of the budget and voting on them, considering The postponement of the vote until next week

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/140728-the-start-of-the-closed-door-meeting-of-the-heads-of-parliamentary-blocs-to-agree-on-a-final-version-of-the-budget/#ixzz2KEBDY3XP

• Upvote 1

Well here we go again. Rumor mill is up and working. No GOI support for this country. They don't care about the people that built their country and how they struggle. Their concern is how can I pad my wallet. Adam did say next week so I was not surprised that they have postponed their vote today. Somebody's not happy!!!!! I think a lot of us are at this point.

• Upvote 1

Agenda for the meeting (11) Saturday (9) February 2013

Thursday, 07 February 2013

First: read verses from the Koran.

Second: the first reading of the draft law on ratification of the Partnership and Cooperation Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Iraq on the one hand and the European Union and its Member States on the other hand signed in Brussels on 05.11.2012. (Foreign Relations Committee, the Legal Committee). (2 items).

Third: the first reading of the draft law of the First Amendment of the law of service and military retirement (3) for the year 2010. (Legal Committee, to the security and defense committee, the Finance Committee). (3 items).

Fourth: the first reading of the draft law Eighth Amendment to the Law on the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research No. (40) for the year 1988. (Education Commission of Higher Education and Scientific Research). (Article 17).

Fifth: the first reading of the draft law Martyrs Foundation. (Commission of the martyrs and victims and political prisoners). (Article 28).

Sixth: the first reading of the draft law University of Defense for Military Studies. (Security and defense committee, Legal Committee). (Article 28).

Seventh: the second reading of the draft law of the First Amendment of the Coalition Provisional Authority Order defunct No. (87) for the year 2004. (Legal Committee, the Committee on the economy and investment, the Commission services and reconstruction). (3 items).

Eighth: report Hajj season of 1433 AH. (Committee of Awqaf and Religious Affairs).

IX: Report of the challenges and problems facing the environmental situation in the country. (Committee on Health and the Environment).

The meeting begins at 10:00 am tenth.

• Downvote 1