Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayer Update.

RodandStaff

I'm sorry I haven't taken the time yet to get back to ya'll to give you some very good news about the prayer I requested for my son a little over three weeks ago. (link: http://dinarvets.com...#entry1088950). I knew I was sharing some very sensitive personal needs for my son and our family... but when you can't make it on your own... and you need help, I feel you gotta reach out for prayer support.

I feel it's only right to share with you the result of what we feel is a real answer to all those prayers. I could give ya'll a lot of specific details but I'll just say this... since his very close call with our trip to the emergency room because of cutting his wrist... things have so dramatically turned around that I have almost been holding my breath to make sure this change was real, and was gonna last. My son's whole outlook has changed dramatically for the better... our family now talks openly about anything and everything.. no more "distance between us", and we are even praying together as a family ... our son hadn't wanted to do that for a while now... but this time it was his suggestion!!! He's even looking forward to his future... with or without the RV ... though I must confess... I think we would all feel better if it happened... and soon!!! laugh.gif

I have always believed we need to give credit where credit is due. I want ya'll to know... from the bottom of my heart... we couldn't have made it through that without help... and ya'll were so caring and gracious and loving. I can never thank you enough... but I'll say "THANK YOU" over and over again anyway!!! Blessings to ya'll... I believe like a farmer... your gonna harvest what you plant... and I think that means ya'll are headed for a bumper crop!!! blush.gif

• Upvote 13

Rod,

You make me understand something my grandad used to say, "lovable people are easy to love it's the rest of them that give you the practice".

I love you man, and I'm not into that redefined marriage shat.

Edited by jonjon
  • Upvote 3

Rod, I am a believer in when things are bad...YOU PRAY...and when things are good, even great..YOU PRAY. I'm sorry I didnt see your original post, but I am going to keep praying for strength and courage and the Sweet Lord to embrace your family. God is Great and he does have a plan for every one of us....you could not have said it better! God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers...and your family was dealt a doozie my brother!! Keep your head up!!

<3 CHerysh

• Upvote 3

Sorry I didn't see your original post either.

So sad to hear what happened Rod but so releaving at the same time to hear he is alive and has welcomed back the word of God in his life.

I'm not a God man but I highly respect people who do.., really.., and understand how important it is to people who believe! Your situation brought tears to my eyes and I in my own way wish the best for you, your son and the whole family.

Edited by respectron
  • Upvote 2

Fantastic news Rod.....bringing your family and extended DV family together was a great result too!

Us blokes down under may get under your skin, but hey we are all together in this....that is an uplift we all needed to hear. Wow, combine it with other more positive IQD news and this is looking good for us all and your son's dreams too. Blessings to y'all

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to add a quick update on my son. I can't hardly believe the turn around in his attitude and outlook on life. I think I can sum it up though in one thing he just told me yesterday. When he was in the hospital awaiting some evaluation and to be sure he was not going to hurt himself again he realized (in his own word's) that he always loved God, but had not always chosen to be loyal to him.... he made that complete commitment that night in the hospital... and he hasn't looked back since. What a change... it's no longer following someone his parents follow... it's 100% personal now... and he's totally committed!!! I am just overwhelmed by his change of heart. Thanks again to ya'll for standing in the gap when we needed help beyond anything we could ever drum up... again, it just blows my mind the power of collective prayer!!! biggrin.gif

• Upvote 4

You can't beat personal experience!

Being raised in a Christian home does not a christian make. The faith of the parents will stand in the gap until the kids age of understanding...then it is on their heads. You can't pass it on as an inheritence to your kids...you can only set the example and model for them to aspire to.

Rod it is the highest of rewards to have your kids choose to follow Jesus. Be blessed man and enjoy the new deeper level of relationship that this provides....let the mentoring begin in earnest!

• Upvote 1